Office of Senator Deus (Crisis and secession)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:34:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Deus (Crisis and secession)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Senator Deus (Crisis and secession)  (Read 11135 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2014, 09:25:50 PM »

This campaign has become too aggressive and mean spirited. I will take my share of the blame. I should not have attacked Simfan, I apologize to Mr. Fan for doing so. I should have known that that great political titan and the greatest threat to our democracy, the healthy food industry, would get involved. Now, just as I have called for a policy of peace in foreign affairs, I must call for a policy of peace in political discourse. I will make no more attacks, and ask all other Atlasians to do the same.

Now, let us look forward, onward to the future where we are secure in the blessings of liberty. May the Spirit of Dave guide our thoughts and actions from this point onward.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2014, 09:37:59 PM »

This campaign has become too aggressive and mean spirited. I will take my share of the blame. I should not have attacked Simfan, I apologize to Mr. Fan for doing so. I should have known that that great political titan and the greatest threat to our democracy, the healthy food industry, would get involved. Now, just as I have called for a policy of peace in foreign affairs, I must call for a policy of peace in political discourse. I will make no more attacks, and ask all other Atlasians to do the same.

Now, let us look forward, onward to the future where we are secure in the blessings of liberty. May the Spirit of Dave guide our thoughts and actions from this point onward.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Of all the obstacles and sudden turns in the game over the past year, he's come closer than any of them to driving a wedge between old friends and I, and he's been back, what? Two weeks?

RIP ATLASIA Cry
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2014, 12:12:16 AM »

I'm proud to have voted for you, even if I end up getting in trouble for it.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »

I'm proud to have voted for you, even if I end up getting in trouble for it.

Let me ask you why you voted for an ardent libertarian, please? Personal reasons?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2014, 11:23:43 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2014, 11:29:31 PM by Rep. Deus »

With the election at its close, it appears that Simfan is the victor. This campaign was hard fought and will not be my last, but for now I have been defeated. I congratulate Mr. Fan on his well-deserved victory, and wish him luck in his endeavors in the Senate. Good night, Atlasia, and Dave bless.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2014, 11:24:50 PM »

It's not over 'til it's over, Deus. We've got 9 more hours of caffeine-fueled anxiety and it looks like you're surging right now.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2014, 11:25:37 PM »

Oh, wow. I thought it ended at midnight...
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2014, 11:27:27 PM »

Most of us did - keep on trucking!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2014, 11:27:35 PM »

With the election at its close, it appears that Simfan is the victory. This campaign was hard fought and will not be my last, but for now I have been defeated. I congratulate Mr. Fan on his well-deserved victory, and wish him luck in his endeavors in the Senate. Good night, Atlasia, and Dave bless.

Thank you very much Mr. Deus, now I am off with the safe to this statement. I applaud your hard-fought campaign- it seems you have quite the cross-party pull!
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2014, 05:07:19 PM »

Well, it looks like I have lost. I congratulate Alfred on a good (and close!) campaign, and hope that his Senate career will be a fruitful one. As I said before, this will probably not be my final Senate attempt, but for now I will return to my work in the Northeast, and constituents are encouraged to post any questions, comments, and/or concerns about that in this thread. Thank you and Dave bless.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2014, 05:27:15 PM »

Gaffes notwithstanding, you ran a substantive campaign. Glad I supported your candidacy.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2014, 05:34:58 PM »

Well, it looks like I have lost. I congratulate Alfred on a good (and close!) campaign, and hope that his Senate career will be a fruitful one. As I said before, this will probably not be my final Senate attempt, but for now I will return to my work in the Northeast, and constituents are encouraged to post any questions, comments, and/or concerns about that in this thread. Thank you and Dave bless.

You won don't concede
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2014, 05:36:32 PM »

You won don't concede

JCL, why are you saying that?

------------------------------------------
Seriously, I respect you as a candidate who seems to be willing to defend his ideas, congrats Deus.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2014, 06:00:04 PM »

You won don't concede

I realized Cinci was counted towards Deus, so... Deus didn't win Sad
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 06:01:49 PM »

You ran a good campaign, and you came pretty damn close to winning. Have fun in your future endeavors.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »

You won don't concede

I realized Cinci was counted towards Deus, so... Deus didn't did win Sad Smiley

That's better
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 08:33:43 PM »

You won don't concede

I realized Cinci was counted towards Deus, so... Deus didn't did win Sad Smiley

That's better
Maxwell's initial count had me winning because he accidentally counted Cincinnatus' vote towards my total, when he should have counted it towards Alfred's. I also wish that I had won, but Alfred received more votes.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2014, 07:41:39 PM »

I thank the people of the Northeast for reelecting me to the Assembly. I look forward to the Twenty-Sixth Session and as always questions, comments, etc are welcome.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »

You ought to be our next Speaker.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2014, 08:35:22 PM »

Do you think that small and medium sized farms should receive state and federal subsidies?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2014, 09:03:37 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2014, 09:43:26 PM by Rep. Deus »

No, I am opposed to special subsidies for any industry, and that includes agriculture. In many cases, farm subsidies are administered to farms that grow certain crops with the deliberate intent of acting as "price supports." In other words, the subsidy programs have the deliberate purpose of raising prices for consumers. The idea that the government would deliberately attempt to increase prices for food products, in a nation where countless families struggle with food insecurity, is frankly disgusting.

Furthermore, these subsidies are harmful not only to consumers, but also to young farmers who are struggling to enter the market and provide for their families. By inflating the price of agricultural products via price support subsidies, the government also inflates the value of another commodity important to farmers: Farmland. Now, this may be beneficial to old farmers who were alive shortly after the initial creation of subsidy programs, who benefited from inflated prices which made the profession more lucrative and thus inflated the value of the assets needed to engage in the profession (namely farmland), but for young farmers, this price inflation has been anything but beneficial. Many now find it hard to start their own farms because the cost of purchasing fields is simply too much for lower and middle class farmers. Thanks to subsidies, the only way a farmer can afford to purchase large fields is if they're handed down or them or they're already wealthy.

For these reasons and more, farm subsidies need to be ended. That's why I sponsored a bill (which became law) ending farm subsidies in the Northeast. The transition away from subsidies will be painful for some farmers, which is why the final bill included provisions that encouraged farmers to apply for loans to make the transition easier for them. I also applaud the bill passed by the Senate a while back that eliminated farm subsidies over a gradual period. The farming profession is a noble one and I wish all Northeastern farmers good luck with their crops this year.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2014, 09:39:07 PM »

Glad to see another crusader in the War on Subsidies! Smiley
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »

Hello, friends. As some may have noticed, I'm running out of good ideas for bills to introduce in the NE Assembly to implement at the Regional level. So, I thought it would be fun to make another attempt for the Senate if for no other reason than to champion and make known my ideas for Federal policy on various issues.

This campaign will be an issue-oriented one, but at the same time I will always tie it back to one thing: The eternal theme of human liberty. Throughout the course of this campaign I plan to release a detailed manifesto of freedom, starting with an economic platform, which I will release in a number of segments. Here's a rough blueprint of the economic issues I plan to address in each segment:
1. Taxes
2. Regulations
3. Monetary Policy
4. Corporate Subsidies
5. Education
6. Energy
7. Health Care

I may add more planks as the campaign progresses, but for now this is what you can expect. I plan on talking about real, specific solutions for Atlasian prosperity and economic growth. Thank you and Dave bless.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2014, 07:58:12 PM »

Endorsed! Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star