Missouri joins the crazy train (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:24:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Missouri joins the crazy train (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Missouri joins the crazy train  (Read 2521 times)
AggregateDemand
United States

« on: February 26, 2014, 02:34:49 PM »

I understand what Wallingford is trying to do, but he's going about it the wrong way. Let the courts decide when specific performance is the proper remedy.

Overall, this isn't a detestable legislative pursuit. Imagine a gay-bashing Christian fundamentalist wanted his daughter to have special wedding dress designed by her favorite designer. The dress designer is gay and refuses to design a dress for a Christian fundamentalist.

Are you really going to force a gay designer to use his talents to further the happiness of someone who offends him? If so, you're part of the problem. Wallingford actually believes they should have the right to refuse.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 03:31:27 PM »

Yes. The rights of the people matter more than the rights of businesses.

People and business are the same. We only separate them for legislative convenience.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:35:09 PM »

You don't notice any differences? Not very observant.

I know that people invented commerce and business organizations. The ambitions of businesses are always dictated by people.

I understand that business was created to pursue profit, whereas the individual pursues a more complicated metric (utility), but pretending that business is not entitled to certain protections is likely cleaving off the parts of humanity you find to be inconvenient.

Have you ever demanded that your employer pay your less money? Didn't think so. You are business. You can't run from it.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:42:02 PM »

The separation of people and businesses is what enables businesses to start easier and removes personal liability from the equation

No kidding. Maybe that's why I said we separate them for convenience.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies