2014 Retirements General Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:25:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2014 Retirements General Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2014 Retirements General Thread  (Read 2549 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 07:12:59 PM »

Fantastic. With his removal, and the fall of Pete Stark and retirement of Ron Paul, the Congress has fewer and fewer active anti-semites.

How is Moran anti-semitic?

His constant talk about the "Jewish lobby". Unlike many Democrats, who are good at only talking about the "Israel lobby" having too much power and pushing the country to war, Moran has made very clear that he believes it's the Jewish community.

I've always found the "Israel lobby was responsible for the war in Iraq" meme disgusting as a whole. As if Bush didn't come into office salivating to take out Saddam for trying to kill his dad. He didn't NEED Bush pushing him.

He won't be missed. I'm sure the replacement will be equally liberal and less of an awful person.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 08:15:09 PM »

Fantastic. With his removal, and the fall of Pete Stark and retirement of Ron Paul, the Congress has fewer and fewer active anti-semites.

His constant talk about the "Jewish lobby". Unlike many Democrats, who are good at only talking about the "Israel lobby" having too much power and pushing the country to war, Moran has made very clear that he believes it's the Jewish community.

I've always found the "Israel lobby was responsible for the war in Iraq" meme disgusting as a whole. As if Bush didn't come into office salivating to take out Saddam for trying to kill his dad. He didn't NEED Bush pushing him.

He won't be missed. I'm sure the replacement will be equally liberal and less of an awful person.

Except if his brother takes over.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 10:29:48 PM »

Like a hydra. I hate politics sometimes.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 10:41:54 PM »

His brother (Brian Moran) is taking a position in the McAuliffe administration in Richmond. 
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »

Breaking from Politico: Waxman's retiring.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 11:11:58 AM »

Not too surprising. Is his challenger from '12 running again?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 11:46:06 AM »

Breaking from Politico: Waxman's retiring.

The last of the 1974 Watergate wave election in the House. Senator Patrick Leahy was part of that wave too, but obviously in the Senate. 
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 12:41:54 PM »

Kraushaar thinks Pelosi could be the next Californian to leave, but thinks more likely she leaves in '16.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 04:45:52 PM »

RPR's Nathan Gonzales' is reporting that Rep. Gloria Negrete McLeod (D - CA-35) will run for the open San Bernadino County Supervisor seat, leaving Congress after one term.

He also reports that State Sen. Norma Torres will announce for McLeod's seat soon after McLeod makes it official. ex-Rep. Joe Baca could also switch from CA-31 to his old CA-35, but given his poor performance in the CA-31 race I doubt it.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 04:17:19 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2014, 01:46:30 PM by Mardi Gras Miles »

I cobbled this together; hopefully I got all the vacancies.

Those who use DRA should be familiar with the color scheme Wink

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 04:22:30 AM »

Well I tried googling DRA and there are dozens of things with that acronym. Do you mind providing some insight?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2014, 04:24:44 AM »

Well I tried googling DRA and there are dozens of things with that acronym. Do you mind providing some insight?

Dave's Redistricting App; the venue where most of the maps in the redistricting threads are generated.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 04:26:06 AM »

Can Lankford still run for his house seat if he loses the Senate primary? I've been unclear on that .
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 04:43:46 AM »

Can Lankford still run for his house seat if he loses the Senate primary? I've been unclear on that .

Good question. None of the articles are really addressing that. Looking at the logistics though, I doubt he could; the Republican primaries for both Senate seats and the House districts are all on the same day, June 24.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 03:37:06 PM »

Good question. None of the articles are really addressing that. Looking at the logistics though, I doubt he could; the Republican primaries for both Senate seats and the House districts are all on the same day, June 24.

Fair enough. Also, Andrews has officially resigned I believe, so his district should be the same as FL-13 and NC-12.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »

Ok; updated for NC-12 and FL-13.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 12:05:19 AM »

Updated for MI-12.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2014, 12:15:34 AM »

Miles, you should add Florida 19 also.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2014, 12:18:33 AM »

Thanks; added.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2014, 12:19:25 AM »

welcome
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 01:27:06 PM »

Miles, add AZ-07 to the list. Pastor already has a heir apparent.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies