Is the GOP's recent anti-gay bill trend an act of rage?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:58:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is the GOP's recent anti-gay bill trend an act of rage?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Is the GOP's recent anti-gay bill trend an act of rage?  (Read 3052 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »

It's not really "the GOP".  It's a sect of the GOP that's being criticized by many in the GOP.  Look at Arizona; the bill was vetoed for a second time.
Yes, but this bill has passed both the house and the senate. And republicans haven't a solid majority: 17-13 in the senate. So, few defections. It's not only a part of the GOP, it's definitely a large part of elected republicans.

The elected Republicans are scared and pandering to the Tea Party.

Of course. I definitely believe that Republicans voters aren't a majority of homophobic, but Republicans elected: yes. The Tea Party is definitely not a minority or a sect, it is definitely an important majority of the GOP elected officials.

I don't even know that I agree that it's a majority of the elected GOP officials.  I just think a majority of elected GOP officials pander to them to get elected / stay in office.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies