Medical Advice-ish, I guess
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:30:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Medical Advice-ish, I guess
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Medical Advice-ish, I guess  (Read 486 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2014, 04:12:08 AM »
« edited: February 28, 2014, 04:17:54 AM by Cathcon »

So, I've noticed in the past however many unspecified periods of time (could be days or it could be weeks, your guess is as good as mine), that a red rash-like-ness has developed on the fronts of my thighs. At first, I brushed it off, but as I've noticed that my pants are a bit tighter--damn you, college schedule--and as I just saw that they've grown, I'm wondering if this is the result of not wearing the proper size pants or something like that. I postulated for a few brief moments that they might be stretch marks since in the past few weeks I've been squatting for the first time since God knows when, but their recent apparent growth discounted that. First off, any idea what it is? Second off, what do I do? Gotta get rid of this crap by March 15th, I guess, since my date to a formal is apparently down for certain things and I'd like to be presentable.

Any help would be most welcome on this issue. Also, it serves as a reminder not to get too attached to free college food (as awful as it is) and not to be a stranger to the gym.

EDIT: Also, might it be an effect of having my laptop on my, well, lap?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 04:56:53 AM »

I need to see a picture of your rash..

..before we make any rash decisions.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 07:34:20 AM »

So, I've noticed in the past however many unspecified periods of time (could be days or it could be weeks, your guess is as good as mine), that a red rash-like-ness has developed on the fronts of my thighs. At first, I brushed it off, but as I've noticed that my pants are a bit tighter--damn you, college schedule--and as I just saw that they've grown, I'm wondering if this is the result of not wearing the proper size pants or something like that. I postulated for a few brief moments that they might be stretch marks since in the past few weeks I've been squatting for the first time since God knows when, but their recent apparent growth discounted that. First off, any idea what it is? Second off, what do I do? Gotta get rid of this crap by March 15th, I guess, since my date to a formal is apparently down for certain things and I'd like to be presentable.

Any help would be most welcome on this issue. Also, it serves as a reminder not to get too attached to free college food (as awful as it is) and not to be a stranger to the gym.

Short answer is; get your ass to a doctor.

Longer answer is you probably have what's called 'jock itch'; it's a fungal growth caused by sweat. It's found in athletes and those who do sports. It's pretty much the same as athletes foot. I've had it. Get looser pants, clean towels and anti-fungal cream and it should clear up. If it doesn't, or get's progressively worse, see a doctor.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 08:06:44 AM »

1. Go see your doctor indeed
2. Do not seek medical advice here on Atlas
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:53:48 AM »

I'm sure it will pass eventually. That's my advice.

Mind you, I just missed three weeks of class with the stomach flu because I refused to see a doctor, so maybe I'm not the best person to listen to. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 11:23:40 AM »

Longer answer is you probably have what's called 'jock itch'; it's a fungal growth caused by sweat. It's found in athletes and those who do sports. It's pretty much the same as athletes foot. I've had it. Get looser pants, clean towels and anti-fungal cream and it should clear up. If it doesn't, or get's progressively worse, see a doctor.

If its jock itch then it certainly could be caused by too tight pants and warm laptop placement. That stuff goes around campuses like the plague.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »

Drink 3 martinis or 3 glasses of bourbon, or both, and say f[inks] it and get on with life.

Thanks,

Dr. Grumps,  HP
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »

If it's a medical condition that's serious it's odd that it would be on both thighs, and would also be odd if it's symmetrical. Nonetheless, if it persists yes, you should positively get it checked out. Straight odds of it being serious are rather low, but you never know. If it's a standard infection or jock itch or something that's just causing discomfort, they'll give you something to get rid of it.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »

RIP Cathcon
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 12:11:06 PM »

You don't even have to be an athlete to have that. I recall having it really bad from chafing while at a water park back in 2000 and it literally was agonizing pain on areas that...lets just say are extremely sensitive.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 04:12:14 PM »

If it's on the inside of your thighs and close/adjacent to your junk, then it's jock itch or some fungal variant. If it's a bit further down and more toward the outside of your thighs, then buy some bigger pants. If a rather large area is inflamed, swollen or discolored with bumps, then it's jock itch. If it's a bunch of tiny bumps that look more like clogged pores, then it's probably your pants.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 04:27:13 PM »

Obviously go see a doctor but try putting some lotion on it, one option could be that it's just dry skin from the brutal cold winters we've been having up here.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies