SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed)  (Read 3946 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: February 28, 2014, 10:09:59 PM »

A number of things in this bill I support, and I number I oppose, so I'll have a few amendments. 

Does anyone have any idea how much debt our government holds from developing nations?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:21:37 AM »

Aye
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »

Regardless of how one may feel about the CIA and its.. dubious...history, slashing our intelligence budget sk significantly will be harmful to our position on the international stage. As the author of the original End to Imperialism Act, I sympathize with the sentiments expressed in this bill but undermining our intelligence capabilities is dangerous. During my Presidency we tore down and reconstructed how this data is processed and we transitioned from a foundation of force to a foundation of intelligence. Therefore, as odd as it may sound, diminishing our intelligence gathering will be a threat to globalnpeace. I encourage this Senate to keep CIA funding at current levels or greater.

Was this reform of the CIA part of a bill or was it a executive action?  What do you think of this bill's paragraph 2?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 12:17:08 AM »

Regardless of how one may feel about the CIA and its.. dubious...history, slashing our intelligence budget sk significantly will be harmful to our position on the international stage. As the author of the original End to Imperialism Act, I sympathize with the sentiments expressed in this bill but undermining our intelligence capabilities is dangerous. During my Presidency we tore down and reconstructed how this data is processed and we transitioned from a foundation of force to a foundation of intelligence. Therefore, as odd as it may sound, diminishing our intelligence gathering will be a threat to global peace. I encourage this Senate to keep CIA funding at current levels or greater.

Was this reform of the CIA part of a bill or was it a executive action?  What do you think of this bill's paragraph 2?

It was executive. I'm not fully supportive of section 2. I think surveillance of high ranking foreign officials is necessary at times and it would be wrong to unilaterally disarm our intelligence gathering. I think if limited to NATO members or something like that, it would be fine, but why shouldn't Iran and Pakistan and other countries have an eye kept on them? No doubt other countries will be doing this to us and ultimately its nonviolent/can be used to prevent conflicts.

I don't think Atlasia needs to diminish its position as a strong nation and global leader by reducing our resources even if we have (rightfully) reduced our militarized presence. I would also oppose leaving NATO and have concerns about allowing strikes potentially during wars. Its a shame debate here is so focused on knee jerk reactions to the Israel clause, I think the NATO issue is much more deserving of our attention and discussion. That said there are many positives here too.

Yes, discussions of Israel tend to overshadow everything else.   
Do you have a link to your executive order on the CIA?  It may be worth codifying here.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 03:44:03 PM »

The objection was actually filed by Senator X.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 12:41:07 AM »

NAY

I don't think this is the right time for this.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 04:12:17 PM »

As for the first section, it won't be of much help to the people who need it if we are forgiving debts of corrupt governments with no strings attached.  Is there any way we can narrow this?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 12:43:40 PM »

For myself, I'm not sure where to go from here, and it may be difficult to find a way to change this enough to something I could support. This could be 9 separate bills, each with a discussion on its own complex issues.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 11:32:58 AM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies