SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:28:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed)  (Read 3944 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: February 28, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »

Well, I disagree with almost the entirety of this bill, but I'll see if I can amend out some of the worst parts. Tongue

I'll start by offering an an amendment to strike out the part about ending all trade and business with Isreal:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

8. Effective upon the passage of this legislation, investment by the Republic of Atlasia or any corporate entity chartered or headquartered in the Republic of Atlasia in the State of Israel is hereby banned.
     8a. Any and all sales of any product to the Israeli armed forces or Israeli police is likewise banned upon the passage of this legislation.
     8b. Atlasian banks may not make loans to Israel or any Israeli institution, effective upon the passage of this legislation.
     8c. Agricultural goods, textiles, meat, steel, iron, uranium, and the products of state-owned companies made in Israel shall be prohibited from entering the Republic of Atlasia and any area in which it has jurisdictional authority, effective upon the passage of this legislation.

9. 8. Effective upon the passage of this legislation, members of the armed forces shall have the right to organize unions and shall be party to all existing and future labor legislation.
10. 9. Effective upon the passage of this legislation, unmanned aerial surveillance drones shall be banned from use by police departments, the armed forces of the Republic of Atlasia, and intelligence agencies in any area subject to the jurisdictional authority of the Republic of Atlasia.
[/quote]
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 01:07:01 AM »

AYE
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 11:45:34 PM »

NAY
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 01:39:05 PM »

I was considering offering more amendments, but it really seems like it would pointless considering I would probably still voting against the bill even if my amendments passed.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 11:12:28 PM »

NAY
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies