SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:14:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed)  (Read 3950 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: February 28, 2014, 11:24:28 AM »

This bill cuts military spending to more reasonable levels, given our lack of real enemies abroad and relative international peace, while also placing limits upon the actions of internal and external security agencies that are badly needed. A lot of it is probably too much for the taste of the Senate, which is all well and good because it at least provides for discussion fodder on the best way to go about reducing our military footprint abroad and ending the permanent war economy that has developed since the end of World War II.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 09:20:32 PM »

Strongly object.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 10:50:03 AM »

Nay
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 11:53:53 PM »

Amendment is friendly, FTR.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »

Aye
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »

"The world" should defend itself. They can make up the difference by increasing their own military budgets. We shouldn't be in the business of subsidizing the defense of Europe so that they can spend their money on building their own welfare states. We should build our welfare state and trim our defense spending.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 04:29:26 PM »

"The world" should defend itself. They can make up the difference by increasing their own military budgets. We shouldn't be in the business of subsidizing the defense of Europe so that they can spend their money on building their own welfare states. We should build our welfare state and trim our defense spending.
Do you know the second world war TNF?

No, never heard of it. Tongue

Let the Europeans defend themselves. I'm tired of paying for their free ride. That cash can be better spent at home.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 01:47:18 PM »

Let the Europeans defend themselves. I'm tired of paying for their free ride. That cash can be better spent at home.
They won t be able to defend themselves and you know that.

Why not? They're big boys. They can handle the strain of having to spend money on their own defense, can they not?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 09:53:22 AM »

They won t be able to defend themselves and you know that.

Why not? They're big boys. They can handle the strain of having to spend money on their own defense, can they not?
Yeah, David against Goliath! You know, they may win Tongue.

No seriously TNF, you know they can't defend themselves against this folk of alcoholic homophobics.

I fail to see why Atlasia should subsidize the military of a rich country like France or the UK.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 07:15:24 PM »

As for the first section, it won't be of much help to the people who need it if we are forgiving debts of corrupt governments with no strings attached.  Is there any way we can narrow this?

I'm open to ideas, but I'll admit I'm not an expert in this field.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »

What's the current text of the bill, Yankee?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 09:13:13 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies