SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:24:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: An Actual End to Imperialism Act (Failed)  (Read 3943 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: March 05, 2014, 06:03:58 PM »

Aye.

I don't approve of Israel's actions in any way (and I also wish to see restrictions placed on them), but I also wish to see how the talks go.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:39:43 AM »

I will propose an amendment to this shortly.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 06:10:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The peace talks seem to be working so far, but I do agree with Senator TNF on the need of a more tough stance on Israel to force a peace settlement. An economic embargo as originally proposed goes too far for me, but I advocated for military restrictions back in January and I stand for that proposal, hence the amendment. Our military aid to Israel is already in a low level, so this serves as a gesture that is (in my opinion) very eloquent (and temporary) while not representing a compete abandonment of Israel as an ally, which is a legitimate concern showed by other Atlasians.

I also have other ideas, but I would like to see what is the Senate's opinion of restrictions on Israel.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 08:48:25 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The peace talks seem to be working so far, but I do agree with Senator TNF on the need of a more tough stance on Israel to force a peace settlement. An economic embargo as originally proposed goes too far for me, but I advocated for military restrictions back in January and I stand for that proposal, hence the amendment. Our military aid to Israel is already in a low level, so this serves as a gesture that is (in my opinion) very eloquent (and temporary) while not representing a compete abandonment of Israel as an ally, which is a legitimate concern showed by other Atlasians.

I also have other ideas, but I would like to see what is the Senate's opinion of restrictions on Israel.

Are you formerly offering this at this time or just trial balooning the text (which your last sentence seems to indicate)

I apologize for the vagueness, I am offering a formal amendment.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 05:20:38 PM »

Aye.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 07:04:33 PM »

Well, this is a truly outstanding development. While I have decided to keep my vote as it is (and I mantain my criticism of the State of Israel in issues like the settlements), I'm glad to see that the government of Israel is actually willing to go ahead and come to the table.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 04:38:42 PM »

Well, the military aid this Act would cut is only 3 Billion, so I guess the point of "repeating the 1930's" in regards to Europe not as valid as it would be with OTL American military aid. The defense cuts, though, should be the main issue. I choose to concentrate on an amendment on Israel to clear that point, and while I applaud the increase of Military Retirement spending, cutting our actual defense budget in half might not prove wise. We don't have a Secretary of Defense, but perhaps the GM could give us the narrative of what our generals think about this?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 12:26:15 PM »

Nay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies