Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 01:55:53 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Individual Politics (Moderators: Grad Students are the Worst, Torie, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Summary of political beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 43 Print
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 162140 times)
後援会
koenkai
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: August 26, 2012, 12:29:57 am »
Ignore

Social Issues

Abortion: Preferably safe, legal, and rare. Keep abortion legal up to 20 weeks. Require parental, spousal notification, as well as counseling and ultrasounds. No federal funding for planned parenthood.

Gay Rights: Oppose DADT. Support the Employee Non-Discrimination Act. Personally extremely morally opposed to homosexual marriage, but I'm not really going to complain about other people getting them. However, I do not want my children to be integrated into a pro-homosexual discourse (like what public education system is moving towards).

Sex and Prostitution: Prostitution should be legal.

First Amendment: Protect and defend the Citizens United decision and the right to free speech.

Second Amendment: Pretty happy with the status quo.  

Crime: I oppose the death penalty as well as three-strikes laws and mandatory minimum sentences.

Drug War: We can probably pull back a little. Decriminalize marijuana. Reform drug sentencing. But continue our "drug war" efforts abroad.

Economic issues

Education: Discourage colleges, both private and public. It's a bubble and parasite on society that preys on people. We should be sending less people to 4-year institutions and sending them more to vocational schools. As a result, financially support our community colleges and other vocational schools. Support school vouchers, charter schools, and everything that weakens the grip of the public school unions. Though in all fairness, my children will probably be sent to religious schools.

Tax Code: Heavily cut corporate taxes. Simplify the tax codes and kill most tax deductions (besides charity and the earned income tax deduction), especially the mortgage deduction. Lower the income tax rates and maybe institute a national sales tax to make up for the difference.

Entitlement programs: Support the Ryan Plan tentatively. Enthusiastically support whatever highly-watered down version of the Ryan Plan actually makes it through Congress.

Health care: Opposed to Obamacare due to lack of actual cost control measures. Total waste of effort. Support partial repeal. Institute rationing boards for all public healthcare systems (medicare, medicaid), similar to how NHS rations based on QALY. Try to move towards universal catastrophic health insurance.

Labor Unions: Federal right-to-work law. Ban public unions from striking or collective bargaining. Ban unions from collecting mandatory dues. We need to destroy union power.

Minimum Wage: I'd preferably the abolish the minimum wage, but barring that, I'm okay with keeping it where it is right now.

Free Trade: Seek to tear down all trade barriers through mutually beneficial bilateral negotiation. Support the TPP.

Immigration Reform: Create a very large guest-worker program. Generally reform the legal immigration system on Canadian lines (more legal immigrants, preference toward skilled immigrants). Oppose English as the official language. Stop deportation. End birthright citizenship.

Energy Independence and the Environment: Eh. All-of-the-above approach, etc. Pursue coal, natural gas, shale, wind, solar, nuclear, and everything. Environmental concerns should not be taken seriously.

Transportation: Privatize Amtrak. It's a failure. Besides that, we're doing a pretty fine job already.

Space Exploration: Scrap all further space exploration.

Foreign Policy

My foreign policy views and goals are perfectly aligned with those of the United States government.

Electoral Issues

District of Columbia: Status-quo

Puerto Rico: Up to the Puerto Rican People
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 12:58:44 am by koenkai »Logged

The opinions and views expressed above are mine alone and do not represent the opinions or views of any other individual, organization, or government.
Iron King SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 26, 2012, 06:47:51 am »
Ignore

Gay Rights: I do not want my children to be integrated into a pro-homosexual discourse (like what public education system is moving towards).

Education: Discourage colleges, both private and public. It's a bubble and parasite on society that preys on people. We should be sending less people to 4-year institutions and sending them more to vocational schools. As a result, financially support our community colleges and other vocational schools. Support school vouchers, charter schools, and everything that weakens the grip of the public school unions. Though in all fairness, my children will probably be sent to religious schools.

Labor Unions: Federal right-to-work law. Ban public unions from striking or collective bargaining. Ban unions from collecting mandatory dues. We need to destroy union power.

Have you met Krazen1211 yet?

First Amendment: Protect and defend the Citizens United decision and the right to free speech.

Or Vosem?

Environmental concerns should not be taken seriously.

Well that's interesting...

My foreign policy views and goals are perfectly aligned with those of the United States government.

As is this...

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 26, 2012, 10:09:59 am »
Ignore

Space Exploration: Scrap all further space exploration.

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 26, 2012, 10:15:29 am »
Ignore

Environmental concerns should not be taken seriously.

Scrap all further space exploration.

I don't really think we can do both of these things.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
後援会
koenkai
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 26, 2012, 08:17:38 pm »
Ignore

When I mean environmental concerns, I'm referring to the environmental concerns around our energy policy. I do not find the environmental concerns around fracking, mountain-top mining, the keystone pipeline, nuclear power, or any of these convincing.

Of course, climate adaptation is an issue, but that is largely an agricultural, infrastructure (levees, etc.), and foreign policy problem (participation in global climate adaptation programs). I find the idea that we should curb industry in order to halt emissions non-serious because every 10% cut in US emissions is offset by roughly 6 months of Chinese industrial growth. Let alone Indian, Brazilian, etc.

And there is no good argument in favor of space program besides "voters like sci-fi".

The opinions and views expressed above are mine alone and do not represent the opinions or views of any other individual, organization, or government.
Iron King SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 26, 2012, 09:11:33 pm »
Ignore

I do not find the environmental concerns around fracking, mountain-top mining, the keystone pipeline, nuclear power, or any of these convincing.

I tend to find pumping millions of gallons of chemicals into my groundwater (not to mention oil), blowing the tops off of mountains, and being irradiated rather convincing.

a real human being
Ghost_white
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 27, 2012, 11:42:15 pm »
Ignore

interesting that virtually everyone is summing up their views with positions rather than actual concepts...

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 30, 2012, 01:15:33 pm »
Ignore

I believe that the function of any government is to provide its citizens with security and stability. Government programs should aim to fulfill one of the following four roles:

1. National defense & public safety - Programs that protect citizens from physical harm and coercion
2. Institution building - Programs that promote a social order of honesty, fairness, and cooperation among citizens
3. Social insurance - Programs that aid citizens incapable of providing for themselves.
4. Public investment - Programs that promote the public good, including education, developing and improving infrastructure, and health services for working-aged citizens

I have more difficulty grappling with how government should be limited. Many of you know that I am a lapsed libertarian. By the time that I had begun posting here, I wasn't much of one, and by now, I'm clearly not even a leftist libertarian. It's true that many of the policies that I favor are consistent with me being one. But this is a coincidence. I do not favor these policies based on a libertarian ideology of any kind.

Anyway, I haven't had a good, clear answer to this question since I abandoned the ideological rigidity of libertarianism. I'm still inclined to endorse the harm principle, but I'm unsure about how it should be interpreted. I'm also wholly committed to allowing the open exchange of ideas - without exception - but this commitment is rooted in pragmatism. The only alternative to free speech is blind dogmatism and stagnation.

My favorite political thinkers include David Hume, Henry Thoreau, John Stuart Mill, Edmund Burke, Jeremy Bentham, and John Rawls.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:19:31 am by Senator Averroës Nix »Logged

Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #758 on: August 30, 2012, 11:25:01 pm »
Ignore

Actually, it's not that interesting. This thread would be more compelling if it consisted of something other than laundry lists of issue positions. You may as well copy-paste your answers from the political matrix quiz, for all the insight that these responses provide.

Originally those where the kinds of answers given, until nickshepDem and Beet started doing a 'laundry list' of their positions on the issues -I believe this was on pages 2 and 3.  From then on, nearly everyone followed suit.  
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:27:04 pm by Frodo »Logged

Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 30, 2012, 11:32:51 pm »
Ignore

Actually, it's not that interesting. This thread would be more compelling if it consisted of something other than laundry lists of issue positions. You may as well copy-paste your answers from the political matrix quiz, for all the insight that these responses provide.

Originally those where the kinds of answers given, until nickshepDem and Beet started doing a 'laundry list' of their positions on the issues -I believe this was on pages 2 and 3.  From then on, virtually everyone followed suit.  

I don't mean to suggest that the format that's been followed is an entirely vapid exercise. It's just that it seems to consist of people listing positions and the occasional critical comment about one or two items from the list. I suppose that can be useful, but I've never seen much engagement in this thread. Which is unfortunate! Many of these posts (including yours) are obviously the product of consideration and possibly hours of effort. People would be better off posting their own "Issue Positions" threads, each provoking a separate set of discussions.

後援会
koenkai
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 31, 2012, 01:47:27 am »
Ignore

I don't mean to suggest that the format that's been followed is an entirely vapid exercise. It's just that it seems to consist of people listing positions and the occasional critical comment about one or two items from the list. I suppose that can be useful, but I've never seen much engagement in this thread. Which is unfortunate! Many of these posts (including yours) are obviously the product of consideration and possibly hours of effort. People would be better off posting their own "Issue Positions" threads, each provoking a separate set of discussions.

The problem is that not all of us are ideological people with "ideal governments". I don't view myself as ideological and I don't have an "ideal" government. I just have the government we have today, and I have things I think it does well, and from my studies in economics and history, as well as my experience in public service, I also have things I think should be run in slightly different ways. That's really it. If you gave me four years of absolute dictatorial power, I wouldn't fundamentally alter the way our government works. Maybe its policy on a few issues, but it'd be essentially the same government.

Banjo Broski
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 03, 2012, 02:02:35 am »
Ignore

here are my political views

Abortion:Leave the way it is.

Gay Rights:I oppose Civil Unions & Gay Marriage & Domestic Partnerships. And i oppose Adoption Rights & Hospital vists & all rights. My plan is to restore our policy on gays that we had in the 60s and 70s.

Environment:Global warming is fake & gay i hate it repeal all environmental legislation abolish the EPA and Drill baby drill open up all areas for drilling.

Israel & Palestine:I hate Both of them we need to help Palestine and kick out the Israelis like David Duke say but next we kick out the palestnians and we take over & make that area our 52nd state.

Patriot Act:I fully support for everybody but whites.

Campaign finance:I support at a national level however at local levels it is the states choices

Death Penalty:Strongly Strongly Strongly Strongly Support Expand & Make Bigger

School System:Let each state make there own laws on education

States rights:I am 100% for states rights if a State wants to get out of america okey go for it i support states rights over the federal government BY FAR

Healthcare:No Universal or Healthcare Reform. Cut Medicare and Medicade to if someone wants Healthcare go to your church for that or a private doctor which you pay for no government health care at all.

NSA:I want to X the funding of NSA by 10 we need to colonize saturn & mars.

Taxes:A 10% flat tax is the way to go. But if states want to change this then they can. Ether they create there own Tax plan or follow the national. Generally state by state but i believe 10% flat tax is the only smart way progressive tax is gay & dume.

Social Secuirty:This is dume & stupid if you benifits go to a church or your local group.

Welfare:let each state create there own welfare plans no federal government involovement each state makes there plans.

Washington DC:I support DCS state right so we can move blacks from Virginia there.

Miltary:We need more money support our troops we need more money going to the trops.

Immigrants:Ban all immigrants all of them and kick out all minorties america needs to be white only just whites.

Affirmative Action:simple kick out all the blacks,jews,mexicans and make america what it is a all white nation problem solved.

Corperate Tax rate: 5% tax
Senator DC
DC Al Fine
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 03, 2012, 08:17:43 am »
Ignore

Social Issues

Abortion: Banned except in to save the mother's life. Abortion is a barbaric act and our descendants will feel the same way about us as we feel about slaveowners now.

Same-sex marriage: This is a church issue, not a state issue. Privately, I don't want gays getting married in my church.

Drug legalization: Legalize and regulate marijuana, step up the drug war on items like Meth, Cocoain, Heroine.

Prostitution: Oppose

Guns: Handguns, rifles, and shot guns should be left alone. Ban assault weapons, grenade launchers and the like.

Education: Less of this stupid "everyone needs a degree nonsense." Stream students based on academic success. Lots of vouchers. Encourage homeschooling

Immigration: Stricter border controls. Put in a point system like in Canada to encourage skilled, English speaking workers to immigrate.

Stem Cell Research: Ban embryonic stem cell research. Non-embryonic stem cell research should be legal but not funded.

Euthanasia: Most abused medical procedure ever. Old people in places like the Netherlands are afraid to go to hospital because so many people manage to get euthanized without their consent. Ban euthanasia.

English as the official language: English only for government services. french is ok in Canada though.

School Prayer: I support permitting voluntary, non-led prayer in public schools.

Pledge of Allegiance: The Pledge of Allegiance is a dumb practice, and I frown upon schools taking part in it. I support legislation to ensure that states can't make it mandatory.

Economic Issues

Affirmative Action: Winds up helping high income blacks and rich white ladies. No way.

Trade: Free trade but don't sign deals with countries that subsidise their exports.

Health Care: Federal government should provide catastrophic healthcare insurance funded out of payroll taxes (and maybe sin taxes). Cut medicare/medicaid and let people pay for routine things. Deregulate and encourage things like generic drugs to cut prices.

Welfare: Use a guaranteed minimum income instead.

Minimum Wage: Worst idea ever for low skill workers. Eliminate or cut the minimum wage.

Taxes: Guaranteed minimum income paid to everyone except claw it back from the 75k to 100k mark. Flat tax on all income including capital gains, dividends, interest, and earned income.

Regulation: Some are necessary and should be implemented where they're necessary, but others tend to benefit large corporations at the expense of competitors and consumers through regulatory capture. Regulate/deregulate on a case by case basis.

Spending Cuts: Cut wasteful spending, especially in the military. Slash and burn baby!

Energy: No subsidies for big oil, but allow more drilling. Cut green energy subsidies.

Social Security: Create government pension plan out of SS with funds set aside and invested. Encourage people to invest more on their own.

Unions: Support open shops and right to work. Ban unions in key areas like police.

Foreign Policy/Defense

PATRIOT ACT: Kill it with fire!

Afghanistan: Set up a puppet who is able to hold onto power, then leave.

Iraq: Make the situation stable then leave.

Israel/Palestine: Support one state with equal rights for Palestinians.

Iran: Be prepared to attack Iran if attacked first. Isolate and embargo for now.

Syria: Do not get involved. We will just wind up setting up another Islamist regime.

Cuba: End the stupid embargo already, it isn't helping anyone!

Military Spending: Cut so that the USA returns to a proper defence force.

Electoral Issues/Government

Voter Regulations/ID Cards: Support voter ID cards.

Electoral College: America should go Westminister anyways Tongue

Washington D.C.: Let them have a voting Congressional representative. Don't make them a state.

Puerto Rico: Referendum in PR to decide.

Senate: Abolish the filibuster.

Congress: Cut down on gerrymandering by establishing "Elections USA" to create districts.

Economic: 3.1
Social: 2.78

Quote from: Don Colacho
The Gospels and the Communist Manifesto are on the wane; the world’s future lies in the power of Coca-Cola and pornography.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 03, 2012, 09:15:51 pm »
Ignore

IM A SMELLY NIGGER
Banjo, you are not at all funny.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 06, 2012, 07:16:33 am »
Ignore

Social Issues

Abortion: Should be seen as murder in the eyes of the law(both for the women initiating it and the "doctor" practicing it)

Religion: Christianity should be acknowledged as official religion, although other religions should not be persecuted.

Gay Rights: I'm on the fence as to whether open homosexuality should even be legal(although open homosexuals should be granted an amnesty conditional on keeping their condition private from here on out). Would also favour research into  how to make conversion therapy more effective. Gays should not be permitted to work in the public service.

Sex and Prostitution: Prostitution should be illegal. Adultery should be penalized by forfeiture of property/child visitation rights by the guilty party in the event that it leads to divorce.

First Amendment: Has been taken too far. Speech that is seriously offensive to community norms, be it that of Fred Phelps or Bill Maher, should be banned. The 1st amendment should not apply to pornography.

Second Amendment: Outdated really. Although if we implemented Swiss-style public militia service, it would probably be beneficial to the public spirit.

Crime: Death penalty is too kind for murder, rape, treason, pedophilia. I would sentence them to permanent solitary confinement. I'm partial to the idea of restoring debtors prisons so as to kill the current debt culture, though those already in debt should probably be exempt. For petty crimes I think corporal punishment would be appropriate. I would also favour Singaporean-style approach towards non-serious antisocial behavior.

Drug War: Well I regret the fact that alcohol Prohibition was repealed(it was actually working, especially before the depression), and think that cigarettes should be banned. You can guess my stance.

Gambling: Re-illegalize it.

Immigration: I think the multicultural experiment has been a mistake. Implement far more stringent standards regarding immigration, including consideration of cultural factors.

Economic issues

Education: Gradually phase out public schools. Fund universal education through school vouchers.

Tax Code: Fair tax or VAT+ return to protectionist tariffs.

Social safety net: Should be returned to state governments. Broadly favour reduction or privatization.

Labor Unions: Unions should be banned whether public or private. They invariably seek to sabotage economic production for their own narrow constituency.

Free Trade: Reinstate protectionists tariffs and nationalist economic policy in sectors where country is vulnerable to foreign production. But free trade for true Western allies.

Energy Independence and the Environment: Global warming is a load of hooey. Favour any measures to get off dependance on Middle Eastern oil.

Transportation: Free market. Privatize all roads.

Foreign Policy
Allies:Favour a more powerful NATO covering Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Israel as well(but kicking out Turkey). Should entail compulsory contributions to a semi-common military so that the burden doesn't fall entirely on America as it does now. Should also entail some level of free trade and easier inter-immigration.

Iran:Don't let Iran get the bomb, no matter what measures are needed to prevent it.

Africa: Favour the establishment of Western operated charter cities/regions, with consent of African governments.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:21:57 am by Romney/Ryan Rill Rin Rassachussets! »Logged
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 06, 2012, 09:27:09 am »
Ignore

Social Issues

Abortion: Should be seen as murder in the eyes of the law(both for the women initiating it and the "doctor" practicing it)

Religion: Christianity should be acknowledged as official religion, although other religions should not be persecuted.

Gay Rights: I'm on the fence as to whether open homosexuality should even be legal(although open homosexuals should be granted an amnesty conditional on keeping their condition private from here on out). Would also favour research into  how to make conversion therapy more effective. Gays should not be permitted to work in the public service.

Sex and Prostitution: Prostitution should be illegal. Adultery should be penalized by forfeiture of property/child visitation rights by the guilty party in the event that it leads to divorce.

First Amendment: Has been taken too far. Speech that is seriously offensive to community norms, be it that of Fred Phelps or Bill Maher, should be banned. The 1st amendment should not apply to pornography.

Second Amendment: Outdated really. Although if we implemented Swiss-style public militia service, it would probably be beneficial to the public spirit.

Crime: Death penalty is too kind for murder, rape, treason, pedophilia. I would sentence them to permanent solitary confinement. I'm partial to the idea of restoring debtors prisons so as to kill the current debt culture, though those already in debt should probably be exempt. For petty crimes I think corporal punishment would be appropriate. I would also favour Singaporean-style approach towards non-serious antisocial behavior.

Drug War: Well I regret the fact that alcohol Prohibition was repealed(it was actually working, especially before the depression), and think that cigarettes should be banned. You can guess my stance.

Immigration: I think the multicultural experiment has been a mistake. Implement far more stringent standards regarding immigration, including consideration of cultural factors.

Economic issues

Education: Gradually phase out public schools. Fund universal education through school vouchers.

Social safety net: Should be returned to state governments. Broadly favour reduction or privatization.

Labor Unions: Unions should be banned whether public or private. They invariably seek to sabotage economic production for their own narrow constituency.

Free Trade: Reinstate protectionists tariffs and nationalist economic policy in sectors where country is vulnerable to foreign production. But free trade for true Western allies.

Energy Independence and the Environment: Global warming is a load of hooey. Favour any measures to get off dependance on Middle Eastern oil.

Foreign Policy
Allies:Favour a more powerful NATO covering Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Israel as well(but kicking out Turkey). Should entail compulsory contributions to a semi-common military so that the burden doesn't fall entirely on America as it does now. Should also entail some level of free trade and easier inter-immigration.

Iran:Don't let Iran get the bomb, no matter what measures are needed to prevent it.

Africa: Favour the establishment of Western operated charter cities/regions, with consent of African governments.

You know if you were an effective troll you'd realise that you already posted in here on June 9th 2010. Your responses both times are well crafted (though the latter is laced with more bullsh-t)
but both completely different no doubt reflecting the persona you decided to adopt each time.

Just letting you know.

So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 07, 2012, 01:46:09 am »
Ignore

Social Issues

Economic issues

Foreign Policy

You know if you were an effective troll you'd realise that you already posted in here on June 9th 2010. Your responses both times are well crafted (though the latter is laced with more bullsh-t)
but both completely different no doubt reflecting the persona you decided to adopt each time.

Just letting you know.
Reported for unjustified accusation of trolling.

FYI, I was a leftwing kook back in 2010, the reason being that I was a atheistic university student with no real world experience. Since then I've gotten a job, seen the light and truth of Jesus Christ, and basically been splashed in the face by the cold waters of reality.

You have some nerve to presume me a liar.
MrMittens
Mittens

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 10, 2012, 10:19:58 am »
Ignore

Social Issues

Abortion: Abortion should be illegal except for Rape, Incest and Maternal Health

Same-sex marriage: Opposed to. There is no need to go out of the way to change the definitions of a time-old institution.

Drug legalization: Legalize medicinal marijuana. Other than that, tougher enforcement of the laws, death penalty for dealers.

Prostitution: Oppose, death penalty for pimps, prison terms and re-education for hookers.

Guns: Ban assault weapons, but support freedom to bear reasonable arms for hunting and self-defence purposes.

Education: Leave public education up to the states, but personally support private, religious and charity education.

Immigration: Support DREAM Act. Amnesty for the children of illegals. Tough border defence, including a possible fence, and rigorous system of immigration checks (only those with high level skills and a strong grasp of English should be allowed in.

Stem Cell Research: Unpleasant, but sadly necessary.

Euthanasia: Damn bad slippery slope.

English as the official language: Of course.

School Prayer: Support prayer in school, but special dispensations for those who aren't Christian.

Pledge of Allegiance: All people should take the Pledge of Allegiance.

Economic Issues

Affirmative Action: Affirmative action is racism and sexism with a smile on its face. Outlaw all practice of it.

Trade: All markets should be open.

Health Care: No to unsustainable public provided healthcare (like the NHS). Support a network of Private, Religious and Charity healthcare.

Welfare: Abolish welfare altogether.

Minimum Wage: Abolish the minimum wage.

Taxes: Flat tax of 15%. Abolish corporate taxes.

Regulation: Cut back on regulations on business.

Spending Cuts: Abolish Medicare and Medicaid. End social security. Stop subsidsing companies.

Energy: Adopt a fair and balanced approach to energy. No regulations of either renewable or non-renewable energy.

Social Security: Privatize social security. End a statuatory retirement age.

Unions: Ban public sector unions.

Foreign Policy/Defense

PATRIOT ACT: Keep the PATRIOT act.

Afghanistan: Maintain a permanent military presence in Afghanistan.

Israel/Palestine: Stan shoulder to shoulder with Israel in the face of Islamic extremism. Support Israel's current territoral make-up.

Iran: Bomb Iranian nuclear facilities, target high ranking figures for assassination.

Syria: Bomb the Assad forces.

Cuba: End the embargoe.

Military Spending: Maintain present levels of funding.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 10, 2012, 12:08:42 pm »
Ignore

Prostitution: Oppose, death penalty for pimps, prison terms and re-education for hookers.

What about those forced into prostitution via human trafficking?

MrMittens
Mittens

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 10, 2012, 12:11:30 pm »
Ignore

What about those forced into prostitution via human trafficking?

Different situation. Amnesty for those forced into becoming prostitutes.
General White
Vegetaboi
United Arab Emirates

Political Matrix
E: 3.45, S: 3.75

P
View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 11, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »
Ignore

Social Issues

Abortion:STRONGLY OPPOSE.

Gay Marriage:Support but leave to the states. Not a big issue i dont really care.

Death Penalty:Support.

Drugs:Marjiuanna legalization is a fail. Ether way the gangs are gonna fight over it if you legalize it or not if legalized taxes's will be so high people will still sell it on the black market and it will still be illegal. If you want to legalize Marjiuanna you have to first break down the gangs so the Government can sell it and tax it and make a profit.

Patriot Act:Strongly Oppose.

Three Strikes:Let each state make there own plans for three strikes. Dont really care.

Flag Burning:Should not be a federal issue let each state make there own plans.

Guns:Ban guns from planes,Public events,and public areas increase the sail of Bebi guns and allow Bebi guns to be carried anywhere.

Affirmative Action:Strongly Oppose.

Euthanasia:Hell no.

Economy

Taxes: Raise taxes and Support Progressive Taxation. The Rich should pay 70% and the Middle Class 35% and Poor 10%.

Social Security Privatization:STRONGLY OPPOSE.

Immigration:NO Dream Act,Put the army on the border,X the amount of border patrol by five times,Deport ALL Illegal immigrants,Illegal Immigrants are evil criminals they all should be deported period.

Welfare:Abolish & support Minimum Income.

Healthcare:Expand Medicare to cover all only after we have balanced the budget and have a strong Progressive tax system with no loopholes.

Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 12, 2012, 10:11:55 am »
Ignore

Social Issues

Abortion: Oppose except for in cases of rape and incest, do not allow after 1st trimester.

Gay Marriage: Support

Death Penalty: Only in cases like multiple violent murders.

Drugs: Allow marijuana to be manufactured and sold, but tax and regulate it heavily.

Patriot Act: Strongly oppose.

Three Strikes: Strongly oppose.

Flag Burning: Obviously it's not something I or most people support on a moral level, but it should be perfectly legal.

Guns: Require mental health and background checks.

Affirmative Action: Neutral.

Euthanasia: Strongly oppose.

Economy

Taxes: Progressive taxation for those making over $500,000 a year. Flat tax otherwise.

Social Security Privatization: Keep normal system for the disabled and retired, privatize otherwise.

Immigration: Close our borders and patrol them more thoroughly to protect us from the drug wars, but make legal immigration as easy as possible.

Welfare: Support

Healthcare: Coming soon.

RWA ranking: 5%.

Political Matrix: -4.58, -8.24
Political Compass: -4.38, -6
Ontheissues: 30%, 98%

Atlasian political party: Independent
JimmyMcMillan

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:46 pm »
Ignore

Taxation:Abolish all taxes. Strongly Support Bush Tax Cuts as a good start and a Fair Tax as good movements in the right direction.
Social Security:Reform and Partial Privatize.
Healthcare:Expand our Healthcare System.
Welfare Reform:Strongly Oppose.
Rent Control:LOWER the rent so low anyone could buy homes lower the prices on apartments to near zero that way everyone can easyly afford a home and abolish taxes so home owners can live a free life and not be hit with the burden of taxes.
Patriot Act:Oppose.
Abortion:Pro-Choice.
Gay Rights:Supports Gay Marriage.
Global Warming:Strongly Opposes, the earth has always been cooling Global warming is a myth.
Drilling:End all Offshore drilling.
Affirmative Action:Support.
Illegal Immigrants:Strongly Oppose amnesty.
Drugs:Strongly Oppose legalize weed.
Free Trade:Get out of NAFTA but abolish ALL Tarrifs and taxes on the border.Strongly Yes.
Iran:No war period.
Iraq/Afghanistan:Get out now.
Schools:Limit all schools that do not reach standereds fit and cut all funding.
College:Strongly opposes all budget cuts to schools. The key is to Abolish Taxes and Lower the Rent.
Stem Cell Research:Should be done by the Free Market.
NASA:Expand.
SOPA:Strongly oppose words fail me.
Raising Taxes on the rich:Strongly oppose words fail me.
Minimum Wage:Support a 7:00 or 8:00 wage.
Prayer In Schools:Strongly Support.

Social:-4.23
Economic:2.12
Supermariobros
Hong Kong
View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 23, 2012, 02:43:02 am »
Ignore

Generally I believe that its best that the states handle most decisions and the States should have much more power then they do know,However I believe there are points when the Federal Government should intervene.

Abortin:Oppose in all cases except for the life of the mother. Im very Pro-Life.

Gay Marriage:Support but should be a decided at the State level.

Marijuana Legalization:Support.

Taxes:Staunch Progressive Taxation. Strongly support.

Healthcare:Oppose UHC support Private Insurance.

Affirmative Action:Abolish.

Social Security:Oppose Privatization.

Welfare:Decided at the state level. Support welfare reform.

Government Reform:Strongly Support Campaign Finance.

Foreign Policy:Im somewhat of a Neo-Con.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:56:27 pm by Supermariobros »Logged
Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 23, 2012, 06:35:39 pm »
Ignore

Alright, so it’s been about eight months. I feel that I can convey my views a wee bit better now.

People compete for influence over varied forms of capital in varied aspects of their lives, use that capital to get what they want, and in doing so must often act to resolve their conflicts of interests. The state lays out rules for how we all are to play the game, so to speak, and it is in the best long-term interests of the individual and community alike if those rules feel fair and of mutual benefit. Subjective moral values form the foundations of public policy, and I reckon the laws of any given population ought to be a balanced mean of its individuals’ diverse perceptions of right and wrong.

I am inclined to believe human nature is mostly “good” but want a government designed to guard against corruption. Vigilance and redundancy of safeguards (e.g. a federalist system, checks and balances, separation of powers, representative democracy, and so forth) seem more desirable to me than discipline and effectual leadership. I am wary of authority figures and likely to balk at usages of capital that seem “oppressive,” unjust, or set a precedent for abusive practices at a later date. I fondly advocate transparency, accountability, ease of access to information for the general public, and a political culture where we can express opinions without fear of retribution.

On economic matters I am driven by a deep sense of compassion and empathy. Though probably best described as a market socialist, I know little of economics and am pragmatic enough to adopt ideas from the Chicago school of capitalist thought, couching them within a framework of loftier, overarching ideals. These include lowering relative socioeconomic inequality, increasing access to opportunities, and promoting workplace democracy - which in turn compels me to desire a social democratic welfare regime and the replacement of most American firms with worker cooperatives. I oppose class struggle and neo-corporatism, but also have a bit of fondness for the Nordic Model.

One of my deepest concerns is that people focus too much on “me” and “now” as opposed to “us” and “later.” Desertification, soil erosion, loss of biodiversity, timber depletion, dwindling reserves of freshwater, overpopulation, and ravenous exploitation of minerals and animal life weigh heavily on my mind, nudging me toward a perspective that humanity in general is being very reckless and irresponsible with the resources currently at its disposal, setting itself up for a possibly devastating deterioration of living conditions for future generations. I want thorough environmental regulation, protection for vast expanses of wild lands, and to extend more rights to other animal species.  

My vision of an excellent society also calls for social norms compatible with the individual pursuit of self-development and contentment in life. To me, this seems to imply a need for some intervention by government to provide a supportive, nurturing environment for folks... and also a great deal of respect for others’ projects - a live and let live social order where individuals and groups know it is none of their business to thwart or otherwise obstruct the affairs of others so long as what they are doing inflicts no significant harm onto or aggressively initiates violence against them. I sense this encapsulates the virtue of modesty. It’d be arrogant to force ones own way of life onto others.

And yet, to some extent by even having rules for the game we do just that. One way or another, we have to give up some rights, privileges, freedoms, liberties or whatever else you prefer to call them in order to secure a more attractive collection of others. Even if we abolish government, we can never be entirely free. Deciding which perceptions of morality are worthwhile to codify into law, and how, is what sets a person apart from others on the issues. A lot of energy then goes into rationalizing the perceptions. We easily fall for an illusion of likeminded folk seeming to be wiser and more rational than our rivals, but I try to remain convinced that most of my opponents are just as well-intended, committed to the public interest, and worthy of being treated with respect as am I.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:52:39 pm by Redalgo »Logged

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 43 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout