Rand Paul's cabinet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:35:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rand Paul's cabinet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Rand Paul's cabinet  (Read 9152 times)
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »

Rand Paul wrote a book in which a large majority of it covers how burdensome and terrible the EPA is, and you're telling me he's going to appoint an uber-liberal environmentalist for the job of running it? Are you kidding me?

Kucinich would get a foreign policy position, where he actually agrees with the Paul's on.

Most likely this or somewhere in the NSA.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 11:01:23 AM »

Thinking about President Rand Paul gives me a good chuckle. THANKS.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 11:17:05 AM »

Not a cabinet position, but Rand should make his father Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

This reminds me of 1993, when the U. of Wisconsin students voted the "Kill the student government party" into power and they killed the student government.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »

This should be fun...

Vice-President (I'm tempted to say dear old dad, but that probably isn't consititutional... he certainly won't Sandoval, as any Republican that does is inviting a Hucakbee esque third party challenge... best guess, Pennsylvania Senator Pat Toomey)

Chief Of Staff (This I'd where I'd put pops, if I were Rand (although it may still violate nepotism laws)

Chair of the Council of Economic Advisors (Susan Athey? Steven Levitt? I'm lost on this one)

Office of Management and Budget (Probably the return of Mitch Daniels... bear in mind someone like Paul Ryan is waay to high-profile (being a former VP nominee and all) to offer this post to)

Trade Representative (It won't be Portman again... I think it'll be someone former 1st deputy IMF director John Lipsky, former World Bank Chairman James Wolfensohn (who admittedly is an Australian Citizen) or Citigroup CEO,Michael Corbat)

Small Business Administration (Joe the Plumber?, Seriously though my best guesses are former Citigroup Chairman and Time Warner CEO, Richard Parsons, Netscape Founder, Jim Barksdale, and Bank of America President and CEO, Brian Monyihan)

EPA; (Former EPA Secretary and Health and Human Sevices Secretary Micheal Levitt is possible, as is former Rep. Dennis Kucinich)

UN Ambassador (My guess here is he'll appoint former World Bank Director Robert Zoellick)

Surgeon General; (Ben Carson gets this job, no matter which Republican wins (Unless it's Carson himself of course)

Veteran's Affairs (I'm actually inclined to believe Rand would keep Shinseki, seeing as he really hasn't, well, done anything...)

Energy; (Sarah Palin, Sean Parnell, or Frank/Lisa Murkowski)

Education; (He could bring Margaret Spellings back, or he could go for fresher blood like former NYC Schools Chancellor Joel Klein, Former Washington D.C Mayor, Adrian Fenty or former D.C Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee)

Transportation; (Port Authority of NY and NJ director, Patrick Foye, former AMTRAK president David Gunn, AMTRAK Chair and former New York State Commissioner for Transportation, Joseph Boardman are plausible here)

HUD; (Indianapolis mayor Greg Ballard, and former Congresswoman Susan Molinari are the most likely bets to me)

HHS; (Ben Carson could end up here; however I think he's a natural at Surgeon General, and the more likely pick is someone like Cigna Chairman and CEO David Cordani, Aetna Chairman, CEO and President Mark Bertolini or Blue Cross/Blue Shield President and CEO Scott Serota.

Labor; (Scott Walker if he's not the VP... Other options include John Kasich and Rick Snyder)

Commerce; (Former NYC Michael Bloomberg? I'm lost on this one too, but Paul does have to throw a few bones to the other side of the party)

Interior (Whichever of Sarah Palin and Frank/Lisa Murkowski doesn't get appointed as Secretary of Energy)

Homeland Security; (Brian Sandoval, while he can't be VP for obvious reasons, does fit nicely here, being a former judge, as well as Governor of Nevada)

CIA Director (If Dennis Kucinich isn't chairing the EPA, he's here, otherwise Valerie Plame)

FBI Director (Maybe TSA Director John Pistole?)

Justice (Sandoval could end up here as well, but I think the choice is Rick Perry)

Treasury (Mitt Romney, Ford Chairman and CEO Alan Mulally, Boeing Chair and CEO James McNerney, American Express CEO, Kenneth Chenault, and Meg Whitman/Carly Fiorina are all possibilities)

National Security Advisor (Probably Stephen Hadley, as while Scowcroft probably would be closer to Paul idealogically, he was born in 1925)

Defense (Scowcroft is again to old, a (still old) John Danforth is my best bet)

State (Huntsman is plausible, but what Republican will vote for him? Other possibility are Rob Portman (Especially if he loses in 2016), Jeff Flake, Ilena-Ros Letihan, Ted Poe or Ed Royce)

Sandoval could be VP unless you're hinting the whole ticket-being-prolife-thing. He's a natural born citizen last I checked.

The pro-life thing was exactly what I was getting at.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2014, 02:48:27 PM by Mordecai »

Vice President: Kelly Ayotte, Ron Johnson, John Kasich, Rob Portman, Marco Rubio, Brian Sandoval, Rick Snyder, Pat Toomey, or Scott Walker. This is assuming he's smart and he doesn't do the dumb thing like pick Ted Cruz.
Secretary of State: Rob Portman
Secretary of Defense: Jim DeMint. If Chuck Hagel hadn't been President Obama's Secretary of Defense, I think there's a good chance Paul would have nominated him.
Secretary of the Treasury: John A. Allison IV, David Boaz or Peter Schiff
Attorney General: Ted Cruz
Secretary of the Interior: <He would probably try to abolish this.> Terry Branstad, Dave Heineman, Gary Johnson, Dirk Kempthorne, Bill Owens, or Rick Perry
Secretary of Agriculture: Terry Branstad or Rick Perry
Secretary of Commerce: <He would probably try to abolish this.> Herman Cain, Gary Johnson, or Tim Pawlenty
Secretary of Labor: <He would probably try to abolish this.> Elaine Chao, John Kasich, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Snyder, or Scott Walker
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Bobby Jindal
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: <He would probably try to abolish this.> Gary Herbert or Mitt Romney maybe? I don't know.
Secretary of Transportation: Some nobody, maybe a token liberal.
Secretary of Education: <He would probably try to abolish this.> Mike Huckabee? I can't really think of anybody.
Secretary of Energy: <He would probably try to abolish this.> Rick Perry or one of the Koch brothers
Secretary of Veterns Affairs: Allen West
Secretary of Homeland Security: Haley Barbour, Jan Brewer or Rick Perry

Chief of Staff: Jack Hunter (The Southern Avenger) or Lew Rockwell
Director of the Office of Management and Budget: Lew Rockwell
Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency: <He would probably try to abolish this.> I don't know who he'd appoint. Probably one of the Koch brothers.
Trade Representative: Jon Huntsman
Ambassador to the United Nations: John Bolton or Jon Huntsman
Chairperson of the Council of Economic Advisers: John A. Allison IV, David Boaz, Ed Crane, Robert A. Levy or Peter Schiff
Administrator of Small Business Administration: Herman Cain

Obviously he wouldn't actually appoint a large number of sitting Senators but these are the kinds of people I think he would be comfortable to have in his administration.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2014, 03:07:06 PM »

VP: Marco Rubio? Too many possibilities.
SoS: Jon Huntsman
Treasury: Dad?
Defense: Not sure. Not many with his views besides his already occupied dad.
Attorney General: Ken Cuccinelli
Interior: Abolish
Agriculture: Someone from Alaska
Commerce: Abolish
Labor: Scott Walker
Health and Human Services: Ben Carson if he isn't appointed Surgeon General, which I would also put him as
HUD: Abolish
Transportation: Chris Christie. Just kidding, maybe Jerry Brown? His state survives with horrible traffic, right?
Energy: Abolish
Education: Abolish with extreme prejudice
Veterans Affairs: Tammy Duckworth
Homeland Security: Rick Perry
Chief of Staff: Ted Cruz
EPA: Abolish
Trade Rep: Bill O'Reilly? I don't know. The guy can peddle books about Killing, right?
UN Ambassador: John Bolton. A theoretical Republican senate would confirm him.
Small Bus: Paul LePage
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2014, 03:10:45 PM »

Health and Human Services: Ben Carson if he isn't appointed Surgeon General, which I would also put him as
Transportation: Chris Christie. Just kidding, maybe Jerry Brown? His state survives with horrible traffic, right?
Trade Rep: Bill O'Reilly? I don't know. The guy can peddle books about Killing, right?
*shudders* And wait, Tammy Duckworth? The woman who voted for CISPA? And is a Democrat?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2014, 03:25:21 PM »

*shudders* And wait, Tammy Duckworth? The woman who voted for CISPA? And is a Democrat?

Woah had no idea she did that. Replace her with my other consideration, Al West.
What was the other shudder about?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2014, 03:28:55 PM »

That Cabinet is actually quite terrifying.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 03:30:46 PM »

Again, outside of the "big four" (State, Treasury, Defense, AG), your not going to see any sitting Senators or Governors. Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Rick Scott, Mitt Romney, or Scott Walker will not resign to serve in the cabinet.

Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »

Specifics, Mr. Should-be-President, specifics! Who would you put in the "bad" slots?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »

Again, outside of the "big four" (State, Treasury, Defense, AG), your not going to see any sitting Senators or Governors. Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Rick Scott, Mitt Romney, or Scott Walker will not resign to serve in the cabinet.

What would they resign from?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 03:36:17 PM »

Specifics, Mr. Should-be-President, specifics! Who would you put in the "bad" slots?
O'Reilly is Trade Rep., Ted Cruz is chief of Staff,  the Cooch is Attorney General, Small Bus is Paul LePage, and Scotty W. is Secretary of Labour, which would be like putting a cat in charge of a mouse department.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 03:40:15 PM »

What would they resign from?
Their lucrative careers as conservative talking heads.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 03:41:16 PM »

O'Reilly is Trade Rep., Ted Cruz is chief of Staff,  the Cooch is Attorney General, Small Bus is Paul LePage, and Scotty W. is Secretary of Labour, which would be like putting a cat in charge of a mouse department.
O'Reilly was more of a joke. We all know Cooch would at least be on his short list. NSA suit, anyone? Replacements/refinements? Any ideas?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »

O'Reilly was more of a joke. We all know Cooch would at least be on his short list. NSA suit, anyone? Replacements/refinements? Any ideas?

Bruce Fein might be a less controversial option, although Cuccinelli would likely be on the shortlist.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »

You don't think he'd abolish Homeland Security?
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 08:39:54 PM »

He'd probably try to reform it, but in terms of abolition I think it would be way down the list behind Commerce, HUD, Education, etc. His father actually released a budget in 2012 that advocated outright abolition of those departments.
history nerd
Rauren Lyan
Rookie

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2014, 07:13:22 PM »

I'm surprised no one has done a Rand Paul Libertarian cabinet with Andrew Napolitano as AG, Mike Gravel as Homeland Security, Bob Barr as something etc.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2014, 07:21:46 PM »

I'm surprised no one has done a Rand Paul Libertarian cabinet with Andrew Napolitano as AG, Mike Gravel as Homeland Security, Bob Barr as something etc.

Why?  Andrew Napolitano is a joke.  Mike Gravel is an elderly, senile man. 
whanztastic
Rookie

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 07:32:43 PM »

This might be the worst tread I've seen in 2016.

He'd refuse to make any appointments in an attempt to stop the federal government from functioning, and then claim you are the Chancellor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2014, 07:42:45 AM »

This might be the worst tread I've seen in 2016.

He'd refuse to make any appointments in an attempt to stop the federal government from functioning, and then claim you are the Chancellor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

No that's Ted Cruz you are thinking of... And the title is President of the State of Texas.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2015, 06:02:13 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2015, 06:03:50 PM by libertpaulian »

Vice President: Susana Martinez
Secretary of State: Jon Huntsman
Secretary of Defense: Jim Webb (bipartisanship)
Secretary of the Treasury: Peter Schiff
Attorney General: Bruce Fein
Secretary of the Interior: Gary Johnson
Secretary of Agriculture: Terry Branstad
Secretary of Commerce: Tim Pawlenty
Secretary of Labor: Scott Walker
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Michael F. Cannon
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Tad DeHaven
Secretary of Transportation: Joe Lhota
Secretary of Education: Neal McCluskey
Secretary of Energy: Craig D. Idso
Secretary of Veterns Affairs: Tammy Duckworth (bipartisanship, plus, she'd be perfect...disabled vet and a staunch advocate for veterans' issues)
Secretary of Homeland Security: abolish and merge with the Defense Department

Chief of Staff: Jack Hunter (The Southern Avenger)
Director of the Office of Management and Budget: Mitch Daniels
Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency: Randal O'Toole
CIA Director: Michael Scheuer
Trade Representative: no clue
Ambassador to the United Nations: Chuck Hagel
Chairperson of the Council of Economic Advisers: John A. Allison IV
Administrator of Small Business Administration: Herman Cain
Press Secretary: John Stossel

Just some names off the top of my head.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp