The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:31:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 98
Author Topic: The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)  (Read 145890 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: June 24, 2014, 09:03:26 PM »

82%, Cochran just a tidge safer. 51.2 to 48.8. I won't feel secure until the rest of Jones comes in though.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1226 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:02 PM »

Shannon is still sitting at 35%, roughly exactly where he was in the last two polls released, suggesting undecideds broke almost 100% for Lankford. I'm sure everyone realizes the implications.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1227 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:17 PM »

So the one time black people actually show up to vote in a midterm, it's for a Republican Runoff? WTF
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1228 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:23 PM »

AOSHQDD calls CO-Gov for Beauprez. I'm breathing a sigh of relief on this race.  

EDIT: Wrong thread, sorry!
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #1229 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:30 PM »

Its tightened even more.

50.7 Cochran
49.3 McDaniels

I reckon McDaniels closes the gap sadly.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #1230 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:41 PM »

http://project.wnyc.org/election2014-ny-primary/
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1231 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:44 PM »

Yep, Hancock flipped to McDaniel, but he only carried it by 200 votes.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1232 on: June 24, 2014, 09:05:42 PM »

Wasserman's called it for Cochran.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1233 on: June 24, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »

I was worried about this race when a runoff would have just led to a Shannon win and a Republican nomination would have led to a Republican Senator. So even though Lankford is by far one of the worst party-line, hard-line conservatives out there, at least Republicans lost their fuel at an opportunity for another black Senator on their side before 2016 comes around.

...I'm sorry, am I reading this right?

Because if I am this is probably the most racist thing I can remember being posted here.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1234 on: June 24, 2014, 09:06:58 PM »

NY-22 is getting tight; Hanna only up 53-47 (600 votes).
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1235 on: June 24, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »

Cochran leads Mamacita 51.2-48.8%, with 82.6% in.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1236 on: June 24, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »

Buck wins CO District 4, 45-24 over Renfroe with 55% in.

Bongino wins MD District 5, 83-17 over Painter with 25% in.

OK-5 will be a Russell-Douglas Runoff. All utah house nominations were won unopposed.

83% now, McDaniel goes from 48.8 to 49.1 as Jones continues to scare us.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1237 on: June 24, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »

Still lots of McDaniel votes out there in Jones, Lamar, and DeSoto. Don't know why anyone's "calling" it yet...
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1238 on: June 24, 2014, 09:08:37 PM »

Cillizza also projecting Cochran.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1239 on: June 24, 2014, 09:09:09 PM »

Jones is starting to come in (about 30% more vote to be counted from there) and Cochran is back to a narrow 7,000 vote lead (51.5-48.5) over McDaniel! And there's still more vote to come from a few other McDaniel counties including Lamar and Perry. Come on McDaniel!!!! Cheesy

Why the hell are you cheering for McDaniel??

Adam is a rather tedious partisan who thinks it could lead to a D+1 or at least make the Rs look stupid.
Every Democrat in this board not from MS would prefer to have McDaniel nominated than Cochran. To be honest, we don't care what happens to the state as long as it becomes easier for the Democrats to hold the Senate.

Speak for yourself, not the other Dems on this board. Childers winning against McDaniel is a longshot even if he were a gaffe machine. It's preferable to keep a senator who is relatively more moderate compared to the opposition and is open to senatorial compromise.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1240 on: June 24, 2014, 09:09:29 PM »

Still lots of McDaniel votes out there in Jones, Lamar, and DeSoto. Don't know why anyone's "calling" it yet...
It ain't over till it's over.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1241 on: June 24, 2014, 09:09:49 PM »

Yay! Lankford wins! I was worried about this race when a runoff would have just led to a Shannon win and a Republican nomination would have led to a Republican Senator. So even though Lankford is by far one of the worst party-line, hard-line conservatives out there, at least Republicans lost their fuel at an opportunity for another black Senator on their side before 2016 comes around.
What the Christ?
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1242 on: June 24, 2014, 09:10:37 PM »

Most likely based on Hinds County.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1243 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:06 PM »

A tale of two strongholds:

Hinds County has 83% of its precincts reporting, but is already reporting 118% of the number of votes cast in the primary.  Cochran is winning those votes by 7 points better than he did on election day.  So far, turnout up.  Cochran up.

In contrast, Jones County has 68% of its precincts reporting but with only 61% of the number of votes cast in the primary.  And Cochran is doing 5 points better there than in the primary.  So far, turnout down.  McDaniel down.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1244 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »

Jones is starting to come in (about 30% more vote to be counted from there) and Cochran is back to a narrow 7,000 vote lead (51.5-48.5) over McDaniel! And there's still more vote to come from a few other McDaniel counties including Lamar and Perry. Come on McDaniel!!!! Cheesy

Adam is a rather tedious partisan who thinks it could lead to a D+1 or at least make the Rs look stupid.
Childers doesn't actually have that good of a shot of winning. Most people agree that it's likely R at best with McDaniel and Childers would really have to get high turnout from MS-2, get his reliable 2010 base from his home district, and run up the score in MS-4 to have a shot. It's more so the fact that I support term-limits and Cochran has stayed in Washington too long. There are a few things I agree with McDaniel on (like Common Core), but Cochran is a hardcore conservative who's frankly out of touch. I respect that he brought home money for Katrina funding, but he's making comments that are just offensive or bizarre. We do need new, fresh blood in the Senate.

Yay! Lankford wins! I was worried about this race when a runoff would have just led to a Shannon win and a Republican nomination would have led to a Republican Senator. So even though Lankford is by far one of the worst party-line, hard-line conservatives out there, at least Republicans lost their fuel at an opportunity for another black Senator on their side before 2016 comes around.

So basically what you're saying is that you're glad a white guy won instead of a black guy, right? Roll Eyes
No? I'm not a racist, but in this case, from a Democratic perspective and probably other fellow Democrats on here and nationally, Lankford would be better in the Senate than Shannon would, for the sake of our party. Shannon might be Tea Party, but neither is really gaffe prone and really it's obvious why national Republicans like Palin and Cruz came in to support Shannon to begin with. Lankford really doesn't bring anything new to the Senate for the Republican Party, Shannon does.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1245 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »

What the Christ?

Blacks aren't allowed to be Republican politicians, I guess.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1246 on: June 24, 2014, 09:12:10 PM »

Childers doesn't actually have that good of a shot of winning. Most people agree that it's likely R at best with McDaniel and Childers would really have to get high turnout from MS-2, get his reliable 2010 base from his home district, and run up the score in MS-4 to have a shot. It's more so the fact that I support term-limits and Cochran has stayed in Washington too long. There are a few things I agree with McDaniel on (like Common Core), but Cochran is a hardcore conservative who's frankly out of touch. I respect that he brought home money for Katrina funding, but he's making comments that are just offensive or bizarre. We do need new, fresh blood in the Senate.

So basically what you're saying is that you're glad a white guy won instead of a black guy, right? Roll Eyes
No? I'm not a racist, but in this case, from a Democratic perspective and probably other fellow Democrats on here and nationally, Lankford would be better in the Senate than Shannon would, for the sake of our party. Shannon might be Tea Party, but neither is really gaffe prone and really it's obvious why national Republicans like Palin and Cruz came in to support Shannon to begin with. Lankford really doesn't bring anything new to the Senate for the Republican Party, Shannon does.
Wasn't Lankford the Tea Party candidate?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1247 on: June 24, 2014, 09:12:31 PM »

In VERY early voting, it appears that Espalliat is romping in Hispanic precincts, non-majority and white precincts are split/tilt-Espalliat, and black precincts going for Rangel. No surprise there, BUT, Michael Wolford is taking a disproportionate share of the vote in black precincts. The end result is Rangel isn't doing as well on his turf as Espalliat is on his. Still early though.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1248 on: June 24, 2014, 09:13:02 PM »

What the Christ?

It's not like us Republicans are electing black Republican senators as trophies or anything. Still, the GOP is looking pretty good with a 1/1 split in black senators with the Democrats, considering >90% of African-Americans consistently vote Democratic.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1249 on: June 24, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »

84.4% in from MS, Cochran leads 50.6-49.4%.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 98  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies