The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:23:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 98
Author Topic: The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)  (Read 145455 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: July 22, 2014, 09:06:55 PM »

>implying michelle nunn can't salvage it if perdue wins

All a Nunn win tells me is that a candidate could somehow win without staking out a firm position on anything and by being the daughter of a good senator. In other words, a Nunn win just means that family names are still important in GA.

Oh come on, you know it'd mean more than that. Refusal to acknowledge things like this is why y'all keep watching states fall.

I like Michelle Nunn as a person, but she doesn't have much substance on policy from what I'm looking at. If candidates can get away with that, fine, but that's really all I can say right now about this race should she win in November. I mean, Pryor and Landrieu still have a chance, but is either state trending Democratic like Georgia could?

I was referring to the bolded part.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1676 on: July 22, 2014, 09:07:23 PM »

Politico still has the senate within recount territory, 50.4 to 49.6 at 84% in. The remaining urban vote is still significant, though.

The SoS site is faster and they have Perdue +1.2%.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #1677 on: July 22, 2014, 09:07:48 PM »

If/when Perdue wins, it'll go to show just how poor of a track record GOP pollsters have.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1678 on: July 22, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »

All a Nunn win tells me is that a candidate could somehow win without staking out a firm position on anything and by being the daughter of a good senator. In other words, a Nunn win just means that family names are still important in GA.

Oh come on, you know it'd mean more than that. Refusal to acknowledge things like this is why y'all keep watching states fall.

I like Michelle Nunn as a person, but she doesn't have much substance on policy from what I'm looking at. If candidates can get away with that, fine, but that's really all I can say right now about this race should she win in November. I mean, Pryor and Landrieu still have a chance, but is either state trending Democratic like Georgia could?

Okay, if Sam Nunn weren't Michelle's father, would she really have much of a chance? She doesn't come from a career path that produces very many politicians.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1679 on: July 22, 2014, 09:10:32 PM »

We're out of recount territory: 50.6 to 49.4 at 87% in!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1680 on: July 22, 2014, 09:11:16 PM »

If Sam Nunn weren't Michelle's father, would she really have much of a chance? She doesn't come from a career path that produces very many politicians.

Maybe not, because Georgia is horribly inelastic. What I meant is that the changes that are coming to the state are being projected a cycle or two early in this race because of who she is, but that the changes are coming nonetheless. Republicans ignore demographics; that's kind of what it sounded like you were saying ("Georgia's only competitive because Nunn/it's still our state"). Yeah, for the immediate future. She makes the race more elastic than it otherwise could be and can build a coalition of voters to bridge the gap in 2014. Come 2016, 2018, 2020 and on, you'll be able to do it without a legacy candidate.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1681 on: July 22, 2014, 09:13:24 PM »

But yeah, I'm out for a bit: this looks over. Sad

I'll leave on this note:

State School Superintendent - REP   

MICHAEL L. 'MIKE' BUCK      
49.99%   190,044
RICHARD L. WOODS      
50.01%   190,144
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1682 on: July 22, 2014, 09:18:53 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2014, 09:25:46 PM by Never »

If Sam Nunn weren't Michelle's father, would she really have much of a chance? She doesn't come from a career path that produces very many politicians.

Maybe not, because Georgia is horribly inelastic. What I meant is that the changes that are coming to the state are being projected a cycle or two early in this race because of who she is, but that the changes are coming nonetheless. Republicans ignore demographics; that's kind of what it sounded like you were saying ("Georgia's only competitive because Nunn/it's still our state"). Yeah, for the immediate future. She makes the race more elastic than it otherwise could be and can build a coalition of voters to bridge the gap in 2014. Come 2016, 2018, 2020 and on, you'll be able to do it without a legacy candidate.

A Democrat winning without a family name could happen. At the very least, I wouldn't rule out Hillary winning GA and pulling a Generic Democrat over the top against Isakson. I guess that I should have been clearer on demographics; no doubt Georgia is getting more diverse to the benefit of Democrats, but Nunn winning this year wouldn't automatically tell me that the state is tipping, because she is a unique candidate in her own right. I'd want to see what happens in 2016. I don't think that it's going to be as Republican as it is for long; it could end up being Tilt R like NC or even a tossup, but I don't really know one way or another what will happen down there. I'm not terribly confident about Georgia staying in our column in the long-term, especially since the Republicans down there seem so lackluster.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1683 on: July 22, 2014, 09:24:24 PM »

The best thing Kingston's got is some rural southern Georgia counties that have to fully report. I think its pretty much going to stay close until the end, but Perdue has got this.

On another note, Superintendent is literally 37 votes apart in the republican runoff.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1684 on: July 22, 2014, 09:25:49 PM »

A Democrat winning without a family name could happen. At the very least, I wouldn't rule out Hillary winning GA and pulling a Generic Democrat over the top against Isakson. I guess that I should have been clearer on demographics; no doubt Georgia is getting more diverse to the benefit of Democrats, but Nunn winning this year wouldn't automatically tell me that, because she is a unique candidate in her own right. I'd want to see what happens in 2016. I don't think that it's going to be as Republican as it is for long; it could end up being Tilt R like NC or even a tossup, but I don't really know one way or another what will happen down there. I'm not terribly confident about Georgia staying in our column in the long-term, especially since the Republicans down there seem so lackluster.
Isakson won by 19 in 2010, he's probably safe in 2016. But if he retires, the seat should be very competitive. Regardless, GA would be a Toss-Up state with Hillary, and only Lean R with any other democratic presidential candidate.

------
89% in for superintendent, Wilson ahead of Morgan 53-47 (Dem), Buck ahead of Woods 50-50 (Rep).
89% in for the senate, Purdue ahead 50.6 to 49.4. No AP call yet. Still half of Dekalb out, 1/10 of Cobb, Gwinett, and Fulton.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1685 on: July 22, 2014, 09:29:22 PM »

The best thing Kingston's got is some rural southern Georgia counties that have to fully report. I think its pretty much going to stay close until the end, but Perdue has got this.

On another note, Superintendent is literally 37 votes apart in the republican runoff.

There's really nothing left there in the grand scheme of things. The combined pop of counties not fully reporting below the fall line is probably 250,000 at most
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1686 on: July 22, 2014, 09:31:10 PM »

But yeah, I'm out for a bit: this looks over. Sad

I'll leave on this note:

MICHAEL L. 'MIKE' BUCK      
49.99%   190,044
RICHARD L. WOODS      
50.01%   190,144

MICHAEL L. 'MIKE' BUCK      
50.00%   190,654
RICHARD L. WOODS      
50.00%   190,635
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1687 on: July 22, 2014, 09:33:21 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1688 on: July 22, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »

People should really check their equipment more carefully BEFORE election day. In any case, get hand-counting immediately!

91% in for the senate, still a Perdue lead of 50.6 to 49.4.

Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1689 on: July 22, 2014, 09:40:57 PM »

I'm at a loss for words here
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1690 on: July 22, 2014, 09:44:50 PM »

People should really check their equipment more carefully BEFORE election day. In any case, get hand-counting immediately!

It's obvious that Sonny is stealing the election for cuz through the Good Ol' Boy/Diebold System
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1691 on: July 22, 2014, 09:48:19 PM »

It's obvious that Sonny is stealing the election for cuz through the Good Ol' Boy/Diebold System

I mean happy at the same time because Perdue was more competitive in polls.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1692 on: July 22, 2014, 09:54:12 PM »

Gwinett and Cobb are done. Still 2/10 of Fulton and 1/2 of Dekalb left.

Statewide at 93%, Perdue 50.7 to 49.3. Still no AP Call.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1693 on: July 22, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »

Called. Looks like we got a showdown of big families.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1694 on: July 22, 2014, 09:57:16 PM »

Politico calls the senate race for Perdue, who is leading Kingston 50.7 to 49.3 at 93% in!

I was rooting for Kingston, but Perdue is a good nominee nonetheless.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1695 on: July 22, 2014, 10:00:15 PM »

Current Margin of defeat for Barr (97% in): 32 points....Wow!

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1696 on: July 22, 2014, 10:00:57 PM »

Yeah, it's important for everyone to see that we really dodged a bullet in the first round by keeping Gingrey and Broun out. These were two better-than-average candidates facing off.
NHLiberal

« Reply #1697 on: July 22, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »

How the hell did the fake Obama phone call ad not seal the deal for Kingston?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1698 on: July 22, 2014, 10:03:10 PM »

96% in, Perdue leading Kingston by ~8,000 votes, 51-49.
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #1699 on: July 22, 2014, 10:03:32 PM »

Politico calls the senate race for Perdue, who is leading Kingston 50.7 to 49.3 at 93% in!

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 98  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies