The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:08:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)  (Read 146068 times)
Alreet
Rookie

« on: June 24, 2014, 08:08:15 PM »

I'm about ready to do the same thing, but it's still early.

Way too early to celebrate. I still reckon McDaniel wins it by 2-8 points.
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:14:23 PM »

Politico just called the Maryland race for Brown.
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:30 PM »

Its tightened even more.

50.7 Cochran
49.3 McDaniels

I reckon McDaniels closes the gap sadly.
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:17:11 PM »

Yay! Lankford wins! I was worried about this race when a runoff would have just led to a Shannon win and a Republican nomination would have led to a Republican Senator. So even though Lankford is by far one of the worst party-line, hard-line conservatives out there, at least Republicans lost their fuel at an opportunity for another black Senator on their side before 2016 comes around.
What the Christ?

It's not like us Republicans are electing black Republican senators as trophies or anything. Still, the GOP is looking pretty good with a 1/1 split in black senators with the Democrats, considering >90% of African-Americans consistently vote Democratic.

Um, it's that second statistic we kinda need work on.....

We got 20% of the young black male vote In 2012, so there that's a good sign of things to come.
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:19:30 PM »

Yay! Lankford wins! I was worried about this race when a runoff would have just led to a Shannon win and a Republican nomination would have led to a Republican Senator. So even though Lankford is by far one of the worst party-line, hard-line conservatives out there, at least Republicans lost their fuel at an opportunity for another black Senator on their side before 2016 comes around.
What the Christ?

It's not like us Republicans are electing black Republican senators as trophies or anything. Still, the GOP is looking pretty good with a 1/1 split in black senators with the Democrats, considering >90% of African-Americans consistently vote Democratic.

We got 20% of the young black male vote In 2012, so there that's a good sign of things to come.

Um, no.

Why is it not :confused:
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:31:27 PM »

What the Christ?

Um, no.

Why is it not :confused:

Let me answer your question with a question: Can you provide a link to your shocking and universally disagreed with premise that one in 5 "young black men" voted for Romney over Obama?

Unless that poll was taken at the Black College Republicans convention, I don't buy it.

As I'm not over 20 posts yet I cannot link you, but Romney won 19% of black males under 29 according to exit polls. Google it please.
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »

Am I the only one who is familiar with Kingston from Maher and really wanted him to win?
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 08:26:53 PM »

Am I the only one who is familiar with Kingston from Maher and really wanted him to win?

Yes, and that's why I wanted him to win, too: I know he's got the crazy deep down in him somewhere.

Kingston seemed like a really good natured guy on Maher. Didn't see much evidence of crazy if I'm going to be honest.
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 10:03:32 PM »

Politico calls the senate race for Perdue, who is leading Kingston 50.7 to 49.3 at 93% in!

I was rooting for Kingston, but Perdue is a good nominee nonetheless.
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 08:34:37 PM »

Pompeo looks like he'll be winning his seat. Surprisingly, Huelskamp is in more trouble. Who is LaPolice anyway?

Pro-compromise Republican with no prior political experience. Served in Desert Storm then did something in public education.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies