Rooney's Presidential Election Rankings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:49:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Rooney's Presidential Election Rankings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rooney's Presidential Election Rankings  (Read 22434 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: April 12, 2014, 05:20:04 PM »
« edited: April 12, 2014, 05:22:26 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Hancock's II Corps faced Pickett's charge on Cemetary Ridge, not Cemetary Hill, which the XI Corps defended along with what remained of the I Corps. I should note that elements of the I Corps were also reinforcing Hancock's position partically between the Angle and Cemetary Hill and towards to the South of the Angle where the Vermont brigade and a few others were stationed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 09:10:20 PM »

Hancock's II Corps faced Pickett's charge on Cemetary Ridge, not Cemetary Hill, which the XI Corps defended along with what remained of the I Corps. I should note that elements of the I Corps were also reinforcing Hancock's position partically between the Angle and Cemetary Hill and towards to the South of the Angle where the Vermont brigade and a few others were stationed.
Senator, I meant ridge and not hill. I will make a change. One has to admit that for all I wrote one error is not too shabby.

This is not an Atlasia board, so there is no need for addressing me by that title here.

I am generally satisfied with your series Rooney and look forward to its continuance, so don't think otherwise based on that post about Gettysburg. Hancock is one of my favorite Civil War Generals.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 01:51:35 AM »

Really enjoyed these last two.

Though I would point out that whilst Ike was "Supreme Allied Commander" such only applied to the European Theater of Operations and then only to the Western Front. In fact, MacArthur's superiority in rank was one of the main reasons Ike landed the job. There was some desire for Marshall to lead the invasion and to replace him bring Ike back as Chief of Staff, but putting Ike in charge of MacArthur and Marshall, who both outranked him, was impossible. The use of the title Supreme Commander was meant to ensure he had complete command on the air, land and sea to ensure complete coordination and avoid inter-service bickering, but it only applied to that Theater. The Supreme Allied Commander for the whole war would have been the Combined Chiefs of Staff and then only for the US and Britain together as Russia and China acted independent by and large.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:06:22 PM »

Finally caught up.

More please! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies