Opinion of Andrew Cuomo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:56:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Andrew Cuomo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Opinion of Andrew Cuomo
FF (D)

FF (R)

HP (D)

HP (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Opinion of Andrew Cuomo  (Read 4057 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2014, 03:06:20 PM »

What on earth is this? Am I considered some kind of closeted right-winger, moderate hero or neoliberal or something now? I've been called lots of things by all kinds of people, but I think this is a new one. Tell me more.
A social liberal? Are you serious? You don't know what is it?

No, thank you, I'm not retarded. But what the fock does 'DINO socially liberal democrat' even mean?
There are 2 types of DINOS:
-the social liberals
-and the social conservatives

That's cool mate, but, again, what on earth is a 'DINO social liberal', and why are oakvale and I considered 'DINO social liberals'?
Because in my last post, I wanted to separate the "social liberals" and the "social conservatives". Both Begich and Donnelly are DINOS, but they are completely opposite politically. Begich is much more "moderate economically and socially left", and Donnelly "moderate socially and economically left". There is 2 types of DINO. And people like you and oakvale, are definitely "social liberal" and would probably  vote be politically like Cuomo etc because you are socially left and economically moderate.  It's not an insult.

---
Thank you Cathcon!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »

Well I'm not 'economically moderate' or whatever, but ok.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »

To be fair, not only is Cuomo very right wing on economics, but he has backstabbed his own party many times by helping NY Republicans.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2014, 04:11:39 PM »

Mega HP.  Familiarity breeds contempt.

Everything you think Hillary Clinton is, Andrew Cuomo actually is, ten times more.

He is an obvious HP for reasons entirely separate from his center-right labor and tax policies.  In particular, I am thinking of the deep d**king-over he gave the State Senate, and representative democracy in general, during redistricting; as well as his deeply imperious, shortsighted, destructive and entirely Robert Moses- esque attitude towards infrastructure and transit.  Among other related things.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2014, 04:12:43 PM »

I like his son more, also.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2014, 04:40:39 PM »

Yeah, Oakvale liking Cuomo is just wrong. I hope he's just being facetious...
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2014, 05:42:10 PM »

Mega HP.  Familiarity breeds contempt.

Everything you think Hillary Clinton is, Andrew Cuomo actually is, ten times more.

He is an obvious HP for reasons entirely separate from his center-right labor and tax policies.  In particular, I am thinking of the deep d**king-over he gave the State Senate, and representative democracy in general, during redistricting; as well as his deeply imperious, shortsighted, destructive and entirely Robert Moses- esque attitude towards infrastructure and transit.  Among other related things.

Precisely.  And regardless of the policy he actually implements, it seems like his only goal is his own political convenience.  Actually having values and a vision for improving New York would complicate his bargaining position so he just sits in the middle on everything and makes the easiest compromise.  9 times out of 10 that means rewarding moderate to conservative middle class voting blocs and screwing over urban poor people.  I would have more respect for him if he was honestly a moderate.  I think he's just a manipulative, self-aggrandizing empty suit. 
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2014, 05:44:22 PM »

And fortunately, Clinton will avoid an Andrew Cuomo candidacy Grin
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2014, 06:29:04 PM »

And fortunately, Clinton will avoid an Andrew Cuomo candidacy Grin
Clinton/Cuomo 2016
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2014, 06:39:54 PM »

Thankfully that wouldn't be constitutional
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2014, 06:42:26 PM »

I think Hillary could register citizenship in Arkansas or somewhere and it would be constitutional.  I don't think she'd get a lot of lip for it because it's kind of a dumb requirement, but I don't think Cuomo is on her short list, either.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2014, 06:43:08 PM »

Not if she runs from her home state.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2014, 07:14:04 PM »

But they won't probably choose Cuomo as her VP. She has no interest to do so!
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2014, 09:16:46 PM »

But they won't probably choose Cuomo as her VP. She has no interest to do so!
A Clinton doubled down in 1992,  a Clinton can double down in 2016.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2014, 12:13:20 AM »

Rockefeller Republicans were rich racist white people that knew that giving black people rights but keeping them poor and out of the suburbs would preserve their America. Cuomo is not a Rockefeller Republican (nor are most of the republicans that identify that way recently).
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2014, 01:01:32 AM »

Rockefeller Republicans were rich racist white people that knew that giving black people rights but keeping them poor and out of the suburbs would preserve their America. Cuomo is not a Rockefeller Republican (nor are most of the republicans that identify that way recently).

Why do you make that assertion?  If it is about the drug laws, those were supported by prominent blacks such as Charlie Rangel and were expanded by Mario Cuomo.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2014, 02:48:09 AM »

His record and his policies are quite akin to those of David Cameron. So HP.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »

There's a lot that he's done that I can't imagine why anyone left of center would proudly try to defend him except to be a contrarian, but the Atlas forum has those aplenty.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2014, 04:34:51 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/05/why_does_andrew_cuomo_seem_to_get_along_better_with_chris_christie_than_with_bill_de_blasio/
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »

Literally one of the best Governors in America, purely for his ability to piss off the True Leftists.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2014, 05:23:42 PM »

Why do you make that assertion?  If it is about the drug laws, those were supported by prominent blacks such as Charlie Rangel and were expanded by Mario Cuomo.

I'm not sure Charlie Rangel is someone I offer a lot of respect to but Mario Cuomo tried to repeal portions of the laws. He did build more prisons to follow the law, but that was at the height of the drug war when even his opposition to the death penalty was controversial. Destroying black neighborhoods to build public housing projects and using stop and frisk style tactics on minorities are among his wrongs in my eyes.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2014, 06:20:21 PM »

NY was a mess before Cuomo with constant budget impasses and record deficits, high unemployment, corruption etc. it was an embarrassment with Spitzer, Paterson. While you may not like Cuomo the state is not a laughing stock like it was a few years ago the budget is balanced, economy on the mend, taxes dropping the government works smoothly with no ugly battles between parties. He's a very effective Governor.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2014, 12:53:14 AM »

NY was a mess before Cuomo with constant budget impasses and record deficits, high unemployment, corruption etc. it was an embarrassment with Spitzer, Paterson. While you may not like Cuomo the state is not a laughing stock like it was a few years ago the budget is balanced, economy on the mend, taxes dropping the government works smoothly with no ugly battles between parties. He's a very effective Governor.

And he could've done that with a Democratic legislature.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2014, 04:57:09 AM »

Literally one of the best Governors in America, purely for his ability to piss off the True Leftists.
Oh please, he's not only hated by the true lefists.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2014, 05:55:04 AM »

And he could've done that with a Democratic legislature.

That's probably true, though I'd argue that Cuomo's term has been much better than those of his last two predecessors, Democratic legislature or not.  I'm assuming that Cuomo's relationship with Democratic leaders in the legislature is positive, in which case he would have gotten his agenda passed anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies