Are liberals pro-equality?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:40:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are liberals pro-equality?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Are liberals pro-equality?  (Read 4284 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2015, 06:29:29 AM »

Yes, liberals are by definition those that hold the fanciful notion of equality of fact.

I see from your post and username that you're an HP. Welcome to the forum.

Yes, he will fit in quite well over here.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 09:16:22 AM »

Liberals are in favor of equality of opportunity, but that's as far as they go.
DS0816
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2015, 01:49:45 PM »

I think they are not. They just pretend to support equality while in fact they don't understand its very concept.
Liberals can't accept all other point of views. They think that their agenda is the only right one and everyone should follow it. They constantly bash conservatives for being not tolerant enough while in fact they are not tolerant towards conservatives themselves. That's just because they can't understand other opinions. They are the biggest liars in the world.

Personal question: Are you closeted?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 12:06:42 PM »

They'll tell you ''we don't have to be tolerant of intolerance!'' (see the first reply to this thread, for example). Of course, to them, ''intolerance'' is pretty much any disagreement with their cultural agenda whatsoever.

A statement or position is not automatically wrong because it strikes leftists as ''intolerant''. Leftists are not the sole arbiters of morality, and there's good reason to be intolerant of their cultural agenda.

This is true, though I understand from a secular humanist worldview why leftists see things the way they do.  I reject this paradigm, hence why I disagree with their philosophy.

What makes you equate liberals with leftists? Liberalism, as a moral philosophy is not 'leftist.'

Denying the value of tradition and attempting to demolish all social distinctions and nonsecular sources of authority .. how is that not leftist?

From a right-wing POV, liberalism is leftist. From a left-wing POV, liberalism is rightist.

Hmm...
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 09:48:40 PM »

I don't know if this is actually related, but why do people who don't support gay marriage get accused of being bigots and homophobes? I've seen Wulfric, who is deeply religious, get accused of bigotry.

Because I'm married to my husband. Would someone who says 'your marriage should be invalid' and therefore, your relationship is not to be recognised, your rights are to be stripped etc not be to me, bigoted? Would they not be even more so if they made no appeal to anything but their religion?

That's a good point.

Another thing I wanted to talk about was Brendan Eich. I think gay marriage should've been legalized years ago, so I don't agree with his views on the subject.

While I don't agree with him, I think it was a d*ck move to force him out of his own company just because he donated money in support of Proposition 8 in California a number of years ago.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies