Hillary Clinton vs. Gov. Mike Pence (R-Indiana)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:49:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton vs. Gov. Mike Pence (R-Indiana)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would win a potential 2016 general election between Hillary Clinton and Mike Pence?
Gov. Mike Pence (R-Indiana)

Secy. of State Hillary Clinton (D-New York)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton vs. Gov. Mike Pence (R-Indiana)  (Read 5147 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 05, 2014, 08:52:07 PM »
« edited: June 15, 2014, 11:11:57 AM by bronz4141 »

Mike Pence seems to be the "heir" of the old-school Goldwater/Reagan movement. How would he fare against Hillary Clinton?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 12:20:29 AM »

I agree they would both win.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 11:09:39 AM »

Keep in mind that Pence ran ten points behind Romney in Indiana. He seems like one of the weakest potential Republican nominees.

I think the likeliest map would be the 2012 Obama map exactly. And I say this as someone's who has argued that Obama was in a better place in 2012 than Hillary's expected to be in 2016.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 12:35:38 PM »

What does Pence bring to the table, besides strong religious So-Con credentials and apparently some Tea Party approval? (Both of those may help him get the nomination, but would likely hurt him in the general.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »

Yeah, I don't really see what Pence brings to the table.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 11:20:25 AM »

If Pence can do well in the debates, and not look like a crazy conservative, he can do well electorally, but Hillary may still win.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton/Virginia Senator Mark Warner-294 EV
Indiana Governor Mike Pence/South Dakota Senator John Thune-244 EV
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 08:41:28 PM »

Pence could defeat Clinton under the right circumstances, IMO.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 07:44:04 AM »

Vox did a piece on Pence, arguing he has the right connection of policies, experience (congressional leadership plus Governor) and connections to be a strong primary contender.

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/30/6846367/mike-pence-2016
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »

I think I was the first here to talk up Pence, he is going to be a strong candidate both in the primaries and general. If you assume the GOP want a governor, then just look at the choices
http://www.rga.org/homepage/governors/
By process of elimination, Pence ends up their best chance.

Still think absent any major bad shifts in the economy or huge revelations/gaffes, that Hillary would beat him, but he would put up a good fight. I could see a Pence/Rubio ticket picking up the Romney states +OH, FL and IA (netting 259). Maybe throw in CO, and then Hillary squeaks by at 270 v 268. 
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 06:20:22 PM »

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton/New Mexico Sen. Martin Heinrich-317 EV
Indiana Governor Mike Pence/South Dakota Senator John Thune-221 EV
If Pence runs for president, and wins the nomination, the question over the Religious Freedom bill he signed into law will be on the headlines for a while, but this would be the map if that was the issue for the Pence/Clinton election. If Pence can discuss economic issues or have a good message, he can beat Clinton.
bobloblaw
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 07:02:43 PM »

Because you live in a state with a tax and spend Dem gov.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 07:15:21 PM »

What does a man at the center of a waning fundamentalist anti-gay movement bring to a national ticket in the year 2016?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 07:33:48 PM »

What does a man at the center of a waning fundamentalist anti-gay movement bring to a national ticket in the year 2016?
He brings conservative voters and has a economic record in Indiana.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 07:38:35 PM »

He brings conservative voters and has a economic record in Indiana.

The handful of people who genuinely like austerity always vote Republican already.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 07:51:32 PM »

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton/New Mexico Sen. Martin Heinrich-317 EV
If Pence runs for president, and wins the nomination, the question over the Religious Freedom bill he signed into law will be on the headlines for a while, but this would be the map if that was the issue for the Pence/Clinton election. If Pence can discuss economic issues or have a good message, he can beat Clinton.

Hillary Clinton will have a hard time pounding him on that issue since her husband signed the federal version of that law in 1993.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 07:53:05 PM »

Hillary Clinton is a gay icon though, so no one really cares what her husband, who isn't even running for office, did back in 1993 that he has since stated that he regrets doing.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 08:04:51 PM »

Hillary Clinton is a gay icon though, so no one really cares what her husband, who isn't even running for office, did back in 1993 that he has since stated that he regrets doing.

When did Clinton say he regretted signing RFRA, a bill whose only dissenting votes in the Senate were Jesse Helms, Robert Byrd and Harlan Matthews?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 09:48:49 PM »

Actually I was referring to the fact that he's basically Walker-lite. Walker is already running.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 09:49:42 PM »

Hillary Clinton will have a hard time pounding him on that issue since her husband signed the federal version of that law in 1993.

That's not how politics works.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 10:10:22 PM »

There's more support for the religious freedom exceptions than there is for gay marriage, so that's probably not going to be the issue that dooms Pence.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-gay-marriage-poll-20150205-story.html
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 09:51:05 PM »

Oh, right. I must have forgot Romney's success capitalizing on dissatisfaction with Obamacare in 2012.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 01:12:17 AM »

Oh, right. I must have forgot Romney's success capitalizing on dissatisfaction with Obamacare in 2012.

I'm sorry, but people are not going to hold Hillary accountable for a law her husband signed back when like 80% of the country despised gays.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 01:29:07 AM »

I'm sorry, but people are not going to hold Hillary accountable for a law her husband signed back when like 80% of the country despised gays.

Gallup polling shows a majority of Americans outside the South favored lifting the ban in 1993.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 02:19:08 AM »

The bill wasn't about gays, so that's a non sequitor.  If she runs on attacking Pence for this, she will have to deal with the ramifications on running on repealing a law her husband signed that guarantees rights to religious minorities.
Former Democrat
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 09:25:12 AM »

no question Hillary
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies