NE2: Sound Money Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:43:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE2: Sound Money Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE2: Sound Money Act (Failed)  (Read 969 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: March 06, 2014, 06:00:41 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

A transition to alternative currency (gold in the case of this bill, but that could be changed if anyone has any other suggestions) is necessary to avert the oncoming monetary collapse as a result of destructive  Federal Reserve policy. While we can't force people to stop using paper money, we can encourage them to do so by using gold for our our own transactions, and accepting it as a valid payment.

That said, I know the first two sections have no chance of passing. What I would like to know is whether or not any other Representatives would be open to passing section 3, or a modified form of it. I do believe that Northeast citizens should be able to use alternative currencies/commodities to pay taxes, debts, etc. and it is only fair that we allow them to do so.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 06:07:13 PM »

Ah.. that clause is unfortunate. Cinyc, do you think it would be constitutional to accept alternative forms of payment as valid for interest on government loans and taxes?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:23:47 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies