NE4: March-June Northeast Budget FY2014 (Law) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:34:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE4: March-June Northeast Budget FY2014 (Law) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE4: March-June Northeast Budget FY2014 (Law)  (Read 3089 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: March 07, 2014, 12:23:53 PM »

I don't have much to say about the budget, but does anyone else think the northeast has too many budgets? Most other regions and the federal government have them every year or six months. For one thing 4 months is not long enough for a budget to go into effect, and often it just leads to the same budget being passed over and over again without much debate.

Most other regions are terr uhh ble.

Every Governor has the ability to mold his own fiscal policy. I think that's fair. If the budget being passed is the same (which is fine and something we talked about doing from time to time when budget policy changed), its the same as having an annual budget anyway. That the Northeast has continued to elect (basically) Liberal party type Governors since then is why the budget rarely changes.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 04:18:38 PM »

I don't really mind having a budget every 4 months and it is good from a gameplay perspective. From a policy point of view obviously it's not a great idea, but the appropriate balancing of policy and gameplay is always difficult to work out.

The one thing question I do have, is, is the costs and revnues based on what we spend every 4 months, or every year?

You have to use Atlasia math. Four months equals four years, except when one year equals one year and in this case when four months equals one year. So this is basically an annual budget that only lasts four months, except those months are supposed to represent four years.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 09:04:31 PM »

Technically you can just eliminate lines from the budget. That said, we probably should not.

The regional budget procedure structure is another gift from me to you. Any questions regarding the functions may be directed toward me.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 08:01:56 PM »

AYE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies