TIMELINE: 2004-2020 - the heart and soul of both parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:57:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  TIMELINE: 2004-2020 - the heart and soul of both parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: TIMELINE: 2004-2020 - the heart and soul of both parties  (Read 19095 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 10:37:07 AM »

September 28, 2008 - Global Financial Crisis

WASHINGTON, DC - The U.S. economy fell deeper into recession as a global financial crisis takes shape.

October 1, 2008 - In response to banks and other firms, President Clark announces $1.2 trillion bailout

WASHINGTON, DC - In an attempt to save U.S. banking firms and financial institutions, President Wesley Clark announced a $1.2 trillion financial bailout.

October 2, 2008 - Rudy Giuliani opposes President Clark's bailout, says banks only called for $750 billion

MASON CITY, IA - Republican Presidential Nominee Rudy Giuliani said he supported bailing out Wall Street, but only if the firms paid the money back with interest and he only supported what he claimed was the amount the banks asked for, $750 billion.

October 3, 2008 - Congress passes Clark bailout

WASHINGTON, DC - Congress passed President Wesley Clark's $1.2 trillion Wall Street bailout.

October 5, 2008 - Presidential Debate Highlights

"The fact is, my administration has committed more money towards education and health care while also fighting for tax relief for workers. It's not just the money, it's the policies. We've expanded health care access to millions of poor children and their parents. We've reduced the payroll tax while expanding the earned income tax credit. Our administration's bailout of Wall Street was not done to bail out Wall Street, it was done to save your family" - President Wesley Clark

"Since 2005, we've experienced $2.2 trillion in new federal spending, more economic regulations than any administration in four decades, and over 2 million Americans have lost their jobs over the past 10 months alone. Mean while, the cost of health care has gone up nearly 10%, energy costs are up over 25%, and small businesses have seen their taxes increase because the President's payroll tax cut is paid for by making small businesses pay a larger percentage of the payroll tax." - Rudy Giuliani

"As Mayor of New York City, Rudy Giuliani actually increased city debt and left office with a deficit. He cut hundreds and thousands of New Yorker's off medicaid and food stamps while Wall Street profits skyrocketed. So, Mayor Giuliani has problems of his own. He created a environment in which police where pitted against civilians, rich against poor, black against white, and women against men. The Mayor would not be an effective President because time after time, he has been unwilling to work with those who disagreed with his politics" - President Wesley Clark

"As President, one of my top priorities would be to grow the economy. As Mayor, I reduced taxes 23 times and we gutted regulations, and the result was unemployment and welfare cut in half. So, as President, I would reduce taxes dramatically. I'd reduce taxes on personal income, businesses, and on capital gains. We'd also close many of the loopholes and deductions we now have - lower the rates, broaden the base, my tax cut plan is the largest in U.S. history. I'd then reduce regulations, I'd go to congress and ask them to repeal regulations passed after January 1, 2003. Then, I'd reform our health care system by allowing people to buy insurance across state lines while also enacting tort reform, and sending health care dollars back to states so the states can craft their own plans to help the uninsured. Reducing the cost of health care helps reduce the cost of doing business in America while giving Americans more net income." - Rudy Giuliani

"The best way to grow our economy is to invest in education, health care, infrastructure, and small business tax relief - and that's just what my administration has done and will continue to do for another four years. Now, we are in a financial crisis. My opponent has implied he'd cancel our stimulus programs - the fact is, millions of Americans are either still at work or have returned to the labor force because of our policies. Rudy is jeopardizing over 700,000 new jobs and millions of existing because of his stubbornness on this issue" - President Wesley Clark   

"There are a lot of areas this President has ignored. He's ignored illegal immigration - he passed a law building a fence, but the fence isn't built. I've pledged that by 2012, I'll see to it the fence is built. The President has ignored middle income families struggling to make ends meet - I've proposed the largest tax relief in U.S. history, a real health care plan to lower the cost of health care, and a comprehensive approach to energy to get us cheaper, domestic energy. I've proposed reducing the deficit by 90% in my first term and reducing the debt by $5 trillion over the next decade, this President doesn't have a bold plan to do either." - Rudy Giuliani
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2014, 11:35:59 AM »

Great!
Go Giuliani!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2014, 01:06:10 PM »

Bah!

Go Clark!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 03:04:50 PM »

Well, one of you will be happy, the other might have to wait until 2012, 2016, or even 2020!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2014, 03:34:45 PM »

October 12, 2008 - Vice Presidential Candidates Debate Highlight

"No administration has been more committed to working families and economic security as ours. We've worked with republicans to expand health care access to poor children and their parents, we've increased tax relief to the poor and working families, and we've invested more in education and infrastructure" - Vice President Jon Corzine

"In the private sector, you have to balance a budget and make sure you have no debt while still delivering good services to your consumer. President Giuliani and I have put forth a plan which eliminates the deficit and cuts the debt, while still cutting taxes to help grow the economy. 2.2 million Americans have lost their jobs and more have seen their wages decline as a result of this President's failed economic policies, America can do better and we will" - Mitt Romney

"It is a dangerous prospect, during a recession, to commit $1.5 trillion in tax relief. The fact is, this administration has done everything it can to make sure our economy doesn't see a complete collapse, and we are getting through this recession and the financial issues as one nation. But, Mayor Giuliani and Governor Romney believe in the trickle-down, deregulation schemes which got us into this mess in the first place" - Vice President Jon Corzine

"Mayor Giuliani and I believe the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein. We believe that victory in Iraq is essential, and we've said we'll not only make Iraq more secure, but we will train the Iraqis to take responsibility for their own security and their own institutions of government and law" - Mitt Romney 

October 22, 2008 - Presidential Debate Highlights

"My administration has ended the war in Iraq while we've expanded our markets to foreign goods. The fact is, four years ago, Americans were no longer respected in the world. That's changed. I have had a lifetime of experience in American foreign policy, and I've led in a way which has strengthened our alliances with our allies" - President Wesley Clark

"The world is better off without Saddam Hussein's murderous regime in power. In August of 2002, I said I supported President Bush on the issue of Iraq. In 2005, I joined John McCain in supporting a surge in Iraq because I felt that was the best way to secure victory. Had we done a surge, we'd probably be able to leave Iraq right now. But, the politics of this administration has made things worse in Iraq. The fact is, the Iraqis aren't well trained and the country is not secure enough because of the mismanagement of this administration, I'll correct that if elected" - Rudy Giuliani

"Mayor Giuliani has a pattern of being out of touch as it relates to American foreign policy. In Iraq, he believes we should be there indefinitely. He believes our administration has been soft on Iran despite the toughest economic sanctions against the Iranian regime in history. Mayor Giuliani has a history of opposing any sort of negotiations between two countries, he's never found a conflict he didn't like. The fact is, the Mayor lacks the foreign policy credentials I've acquired over a lifetime of service to the United States of America" - President Wesley Clark

"President Clark's weakness in foreign affairs has resulted in a mess in Iraq, Iran is closer to getting a nuclear weapon, an increasingly unstable North Korea, and increased instability in Afghanistan. I know what it takes to make tough decisions and to lead, I've done it before. I have over two decades of foreign policy experience, I used diplomacy when I was in the Reagan administration, and I took a firm stance against Arafat as Mayor of New York City. I understand the world we live in and what it takes to conduct a foreign policy that protects the American people." - Rudy Giuliani

October 28, 2008 - Highlights from the final Presidential Debate

"Our records are very clear. Since 2005, this President has increased spending by $2.2 trillion. Taxes are up on small businesses, new health care regulations have created a 10% spike in premiums, and energy costs continue to rise. 2.2 million Americans have lost their jobs, and 12 million more Americans are on food stamps today than were in 2005. My record is very different. I reduced taxes dramatically and closed a budget deficit. Welfare rolls and unemployment were cut in half" - Rudy Giuliani

"My top domestic priority of the next four years will be to repeal No Child Left Behind and to replace it with a plan which has smaller class sizes, an emphasis on comprehension in reading, increased pell grants for college loans, and increased aid to schools for special needs students. Education is key to our future as a society, and I intend to make it the cause of my presidency along with the other issues like jobs and health care that we've already done a lot on" - President Clark

"The economy will be the dominant issue of the next 4 years. Education is a part of that, which is why I've advocated for local control and more school choice. But, to grow the economy, we also need a simpler tax code with lower tax rates, fewer federal economic regulations, lower costs of health insurance, open markets, a strong dollar, and a comprehensive energy program which encourages domestic energy production" - Rudy Giuliani

"Americans are better off today than they were at anytime in the past decade. More Americans have health care, more kids are graduating high school, more road projects are being completed, and taxes are lower on working families today than at any time in the past ten years. We have a ways to go, and surely this economy isn't helpful, but we are still better off today than at anytime in the past decade" - President Clark

"With 2.2 million Americans lacking work, over 12 million people who saw their wages fall between last year and this one, 8 million people who've seen their full time jobs be cut, and for the 5 million Americans who've lost their health insurance over the past two years, things are far worse today than they were in 2005. We need a new direction. I inherited a city, in 1994, which was worse off than it had been going back over a decade, and we turned it around. Working with the American people, we'll move our country in a new direction" - Rudy Giuliani

Election Day 2008 - Rudy Giuliani wins landslide victory

Rudy Giuliani / Mitt Romney (R) 58% 422 EV
Wesley Clark / Jon Corzine (D) 41% 116 EV

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2014, 07:38:50 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2014, 07:40:36 PM by dudeabides »

January 20, 2009 - Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney sworn in

The Giuliani Administration
Vice President - Mitt Romney
Secretary of State - John McCain
Secretary of Treasury - Art Laffer
Secretary of Defense - Paul Wolfowitz
Attorney General - Kelly Ayotte
Secretary of Interior - Marc Racicot
Secretary of Agriculture - Jerry E. Patterson
Secretary of Commerce - Jordan Hitch  
Secretary of Labor - Bill Richardson
Secretary of Health & Human Services - Bill Frist
Secretary of HUD - Andrew Cuomo
Secretary of Transportation - Joe Lhota
Secretary of Energy - Jon Huntsman Jr.
Secretary of Education - Jeb Bush
Secretary of Veteran Affairs - Tommy Franks
Secretary of Homeland Security - Joe Lieberman
White House Chief of Staff - Peter King
Office of Management & Budget Director - J.C. Watts

Key Events of the Giuliani Administration January 20, 2009 - January 1, 2011
- January 21, 2009 - President Giuliani signs an executive order asking the federal government not to enforce any regulation passed after January 1, 2003
-January 27, 2009 - President Giuliani signs into law the entirety of his tax cut package, reducing income taxes by 50%, the corporate tax to 20%, and capital gains taxes all by reducing loopholes and deductions
- March 1, 2009 - President Giuliani asks congress to grant him the authority to send in 23,000 additional forces into Iraq, congress approves
- May 5, 2009 - President Giuliani signs into law his health care reform package.
- June 5, 2009 - In May, the U.S. economy saw it's first month of positive economic growth since December 2007
- August 28, 2009 - President Giuliani signed into law the Border Enforcement Act, which completes the border fence and increases assets at the border within 12 months
- October 1, 2009 - President Giuliani's approval rating hits 75%, the highest of his administration to date
- November 2, 2009 - Governor Chris Christie is re-elected as Governor of New Jersey defeating Congressman Robert Menendez 61%-38%. In Virginia, Republican Bob McDonell is elected Governor in a close race, winning just 50.2% of the vote. In New York City, Republican Mayor Michael Bloomberg is re-elected 57%-42% defeating Democratic Nominee Bill Thompson
- January 25, 2010 - Congress passes Rudy Giuliani's comprehensive energy plan
- March 27, 2010 - Rudy Giuliani vetoes a minimum wage increase, causing Democrats to attack him as "out of touch"
- June 4, 2010 - President Giuliani announces the U.S. will be out of Iraq sometime within 2 years after months of declining violence and progress training the Iraqis
- September 1, 2010 - the U.S. economy added 240,000 jobs in August 2010, the best one month job growth in four years.
- November 3, 2010 - Republicans keep control of both houses of congress
- December 15, 2010 - President Giuliani signs into law the Regulatory Repeal Act, which makes his first presidential executive order reversing all regulations passed after 2002 void.

January 7, 2011 - Howard Dean announces Presidential Run

MANCHESTER, NH - Former Governor of Vermont Howard Dean became the first Democrat to announce his bid for the Democratic Presidential Nomination in the 2012 election. "This President has continued the war in Iraq while giving tax benefits to the very rich here at home, I'll stop Rudy Giuliani and give our government back to the American people" Dean told supporters.

January 28, 2011 - Dodd launches presidential campaign

HARTFORD, CT - Senator Chris Dodd of Connecticut told supporters he'd be a candidate for President in the 2012 election. "I believe we need an experienced leader in the white house" Dodd told supporters.

February 7, 2011 - Feingold gets into presidential race

MADISON, WI - Former U.S. Senator Russ Feingold announced he would be a candidate for President in the 2012 election. "I believe we need to bring our troops home and focus on better schools and getting people health insurance here at home instead" Feingold told supporters.

February 21, 2011 - John Kerry announces Presidential Run

BOSTON, MA - Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts entered the 2012 presidential race. "I'm running for President to restore the American dream for all of us. Rudy Giuliani has the wrong priorities, we have the right ones. Together, we will restore America's place in the world and restore our middle class here at home" Kerry told supporters.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2014, 04:41:21 PM »

February 25, 2011 - Dennis Kucinich enters Presidential Race

CLEVELAND, OH - Congressman Dennis Kucinich of Ohio entered the 2012 presidential race. "President Giuliani has continued our involvement in Iraq while giving tax giveaways to the wealthiest amongst us" Kucinich stated.

March 1, 2011 - Romney attacks Kerry, Dean at fundraiser

NASHUA, NH - Vice President Mitt Romney laid out what pundits felt was a preview to the 2012 general election. "The President and I have worked hard to put in place policies which have revitalized our economy. We've added over 3.2 million jobs as a result of the largest tax relief in history and regulatory reform. Additionally, we have restored America's standing in the world. Governor Dean and Senator Kerry have opposed the policies which have restored our economy and standing in the world, but Senator Kerry voted with the previous administration 92% of the time, and Governor Dean went as far as to say the previous administration wasn't progressive enough" Romney said. 

April 2, 2011 - Jon Corzine endorses Howard Dean for President

HOBOKEN, NJ - Former Vice President Jon Corzine endorsed Howard Dean's 2012 presidential campaign, ending speculation he would enter the presidential race. "Howard Dean is uniquely qualified to be President of the United States, and I know his judgement and character will serve him and the country well" Corzine said of Dean.

April 27, 2011 - Granholm enters Presidential Race

DETRIOT, MI - Former Governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm announced her bid for the 2012 Democrratic Presidential Nomination. "I'm running for President to bring my experience as a Governor and Washington outsider to Washington to rebuild America's middle class" Granholm told supporters.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »

June 2, 2011 - Poll: Giuliani has high approval, in good shape for 2012 as Democrats divided

Giuliani Approval
Approve: 62%
Disapprove: 30%

Democratic Presidential Nomination
Howard Dean 25%
Russ Feingold 24%
John Kerry 21%
Jennifer Granholm 17%
Chris Dodd 10%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Other 1%

General Election Match-ups

Rudy Giuliani 52%
Howard Dean 35%

Rudy Giuliani 52%
Russ Feingold 34%

Rudy Giuliani 51%
John Kerry 36%

June 15, 2011 - Dean calls for near - universal health care, repeal of Giuliani tax cuts, end to war in Iraq

DOVER, NH - Democratic Presidential Candidate Howard Dean said that if elected President, he would fight to end the war in Iraq within eight months of his taking office while also repealing the Giuliani tax cuts and instead providing health care to middle and lower income Americans while eliminating the worker portion of the payroll tax, opting instead to increase taxes on the wealthiest 2% of Americans to fund social security, medicare, medicaid, and unemployment insurance.

June 18, 2011 - Kerry wins Dick Gephardt's endorsement, lays out 100 days agenda

IOWA CITY, IA - Democratic Presidential Hopeful John Kerry won the endorsement of Former Democratic House Leader Dick Gephardt, who called Kerry "the best chance to beat Rudy Giuliani and fight for America's middle class." At the event, Kerry also laid out his 100 days agenda. Kerry pledged that in his first 100 days as President, he would repeal the Giuliani tax cuts on those with incomes above $250,000 per year, implement a withdrawal strategy from Iraq which would leave behind just 15,000 U.S. forces after June of 2014, implemented an insurance pool to lower the cost of health care with increased federal subsidies for the poor, enact tougher educational standards, and invest $150 billion into green energy, infrastructure, and scientific research.

July 1, 2011 - Feingold says his focus will be campaign finance reform, jobs, Iraq withdrawal

CHARLESTON, SC - Former Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin, Democratic Presidential Candidate, said that campaign finance reform, job creation, and ending the war in Iraq would be top presidential priorities. Feingold said tax reform and investing in green technology would help create jobs.

July 20, 2011 - Kerry wins endorsement of Massachusetts Congressional Delegation, Governor Deval Patrick, and Senator Barack Obama

BOSTON, MA - The campaign of Senator John Kerry announced that the Massachusetts Democratic Congressional Delegation, Governor Deval Patrick of Massachusetts, and Senator Barack Obama of Illinois were all endorsing Kerry's 2012 presidential bid.

August 10, 2011 - Focusing on populism, Granholm wins support from Michigan Democratic Congressional Delegation

DETRIOT, MI - Governor Jennifer Ganholm of Michigan won the support from her home state's democratic congressional delegation. Granholm's campaign continues to focus on reversing NAFTA and CAFTA, raising the minimum wage, to giving tax credits for manufacturing, and to expanding health care access for the poor.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »

Granholm is Canadian-born and can't run for President.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2014, 09:31:42 PM »

Show's what I know lol.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2014, 07:32:03 AM »

But if either of her parents are American born, then she's still eligible.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2014, 08:44:01 AM »

But if either of her parents are American born, then she's still eligible.

I'm aware. Neither of Granholm's parents were American citizens.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 10:55:34 PM »

August 27, 2011 - Highlights from Democratic Presidential Candidates Debate

"For 26 years, I have been fighting for an America that's respected in the world while we provide for our middle class and those struggling here at home. I have a plan to provide health insurance to the poor while cutting taxes on middle and lower income Americans by rolling back the Giuliani tax cuts for the top 5% of Americans. I've proposed a plan, based on my experience, to end the war in Iraq while training the Iraqis to care for their own security. I have the experience to lead, and I know the American people have to will to change America" - John Kerry

"While my opponents defended Rudy Giuliani's health care plan and his policy in Iraq, I spoke out in opposition for the ongoing war and the President's cuts to women's health care clinics. I believe that our party and our country need new leadership. We need to provide health care to every single American, end the war in Iraq as soon as we safely can, and we need to balance our budget every year - we can do so by eliminating tax deductions and loopholes that benefit the very wealthy" - Howard Dean

"My top priority as President will be to give this government back to the American people. I will fight for and sign into law the original McCain-Feingold law because in the United States, corporations are not people. We need to strictly limit donations made the candidates by special interests and we need to hold politicians accountable. I'll also make ending the war in Iraq my top priority because unlike the other senators here, I voted against the war and believe we should be out of Iraq as soon as possible" - Russ Feingold

"John Kerry, Chris Dodd, and Howard Dean will all continue the war in Iraq despite saying the opposite. I'll end the war immediately. I'm also the only candidate on this stage who has committed to a $10 minimum wage, a single payer health care system, universal pre-K, and re-instituting the 1994 assault weapons ban. This isn't a time for us to apologize for our liberal values, it's a time for us to stop the cronyism of this administration and fight for what we believe is right" - Dennis Kucinich

"If you want a Democrat for President with the experience and track record of taking on tough fights, I'm your candidate. In the 1990s, I fought for paid Family and Medical Leave, the Clinton tax cuts, and raising the minimum wage. I worked with republicans and democrats to pass a medicare prescription drug benefit for seniors and for President Clark's comprehensive energy plan. I'm ready to lead this country and I have the record to prove it" - Chris Dodd

"In Michigan, I fought for working families and for our schools. We invested in education, health care for the poor, medicaid expansion, a higher minimum wage, and increases in the earned income tax credit in our state. As President, I'll continue to fight for working men and women by calling for a $10 minimum wage, repeal of unfair trade agreements, and an expansion of SCHIP. I'm ready to fight for working families in Washington D.C. and I'm asking for your help" - Jennifer Granholm

September 2, 2011 - Poll: Dean remains Democratic Front-runner, Giulaini popular

Democratic Nomination
Howard Dean 32%
Russ Feingold 22%
John Kerry 20%
Jennifer Granholm 15%
Chris Dodd 7%
Dennis Kucinich 3%
Other 1%

Giuliani Approval
Approve: 64%
Disapprove: 31%

General Election Match Ups
Rudy Giuliani 59%
John Kerry 39%

Rudy Giuliani 60%
Howard Dean 39%

Rudy Giuliani 59%
Russ Feingold 35%

September 27, 2011 - Al Gore endorses Howard Dean for President

DOVER, NH - Citing the war in Iraq and climate change as major campaign issues, Former Vice President Al Gore endorsed Howard Dean's 2012 presidential campaign. "Howard Dean is the candidate who can win, and I trust Howard Dean to end the war in Iraq and change course on climate change from the disastrous policies of this administration" Gore stated.

October 5, 2011 - President Giuliani launches re-election campaign

NEW YORK, NY - President Rudy Giuliani announced his intention to seek re-election as President. "Over the past four years, you and I have solve problems together. Today, our economy is growing and we are seeing success in Iraq. But, our work is not finished. We need to build on the progress of the past four years. At this moment in our history, we must ensure that the present and the future is bright for every single American" Giuliani stated.

October 15, 2011 - Bradley endorses Feingold for President

IOWA CITY, IA - Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley endorsed Russ Feingold's 2012 presidential campaign, calling Feingold "a progressive champion who is fighting the status quo in Washington."

November 1, 2011 - President Giuliani  Inc. launches "Democrats for Giuliani" with two co-chairs

NEW YORK, NY - The re-election campaign of President Rudy Giuliani announced that Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) were not only supporting the President's re-election bid, but were co-chairing a "Democrats for Giuliani" movement to encourage Democrats to support the President's re-election.

November 15, 2011 - Kerry all in in New Hampshire

MANCHESTER, NH - Democratic Presidential Candidate John Kerry's presidential campaign decided to shift it's strategy from a broad, three state strategy in New Hampshire, Iowa, and Michigan to a one state strategy - New Hampshire. While trailing in third place nationally, Kerry was just four points behind Howard Dean in New Hampshire.

November 21, 2011 - Dean promises Iraq withdrawal by March of 2014

WOLFBORO, NH - After being criticized by some candidates for not supporting an immediate withdrawal from Iraq, Democratic Presidential Candidate Howard Dean promised that by March of 2014, all but 15,000 residual forces would be in Iraq.

December 2, 2011 - Opponents attack Dean on guns, Iraq, health care

WASHINGTON, DC - Opponents of Democratic Presidential Candidate Howard Dean began attacking the Former Vermont Governor on his stances on some issues. Opponent Russ Feingold stated that "Howard Dean's support for continuing the war in Iraq and his opposition to increased gun control as a Governor prove he's not really a Democrat's Democrat." Dennis Kucinich attacked Howard Dean's health care plan, which subsidized health care for millions of Americans, as "not truly universal health care."
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2014, 01:27:53 PM »

You are seriously over estimating Giluani. I mean, 20 points over Kerry? And 64% Approvals?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »

You are seriously over estimating Giluani. I mean, 20 points over Kerry? And 64% Approvals?

Well, we'll see what happens going forward....
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 05:37:03 PM »

December 18, 2011 - Kerry goes negative with ad

NARRATOR 1: Howard Dean. As Governor, Dean opposed gun control. He never supported the assault weapon ban. Dean refused to take on the NRA.
NARRATOR 2: Dean even won the endorsement of the NRA while Governor.
NARRATOR 1: Dean also sealed his records while Governor of Vermont.
NARRATOR 2: John Kerry. He took on the gun lobby and voted for President Clinton's ban on assault weapons. Kerry led the fight for more police on the streets of America.
NARRATOR 1: John Kerry. Ready to Lead.
KERRY: I'm John Kerry and I approved this message.

January 3, 2012 - Howard Dean wins Iowa Caucus

Howard Dean 33%
John Kerry 25%
Russ Feingold 21%
Chris Dodd 12%
Jennifer Granholm 6%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Other 1%

January 5, 2012 - Dodd withdrawals from presidential race, endorses John Kerry

HARTFORD, CT - After a disappointing fourth place showing in the Iowa Caucus, Senator Chris Dodd of Connecticut ended his 2012 presidential campaign and endorsed fellow candidate Senator John Kerry. Dodd called Kerry "the best prepared to lead America."

January 10, 2012 - John Kerry wins New Hampshire Primary

John Kerry 35%
Howard Dean 33%
Russ Feingold 21%
Jennifer Granholm 6%
Dennis Kucinich 4%
Other 1%

January 12, 2012 - Northern Candidates go south ahead of South Carolina, Nevada

CHARLESTON, SC - Ahead of the South Carolina Democratic Presidential Primary, northern Democrats began campaigning in South Carolina. Vermont's Howard Dean, the national front-runner, was the first Democrat to campaign in South Carolina in June of 2011. Dean told reporters he felt his record as Governor would help him in South Carolina. "I was able to balance the budget, cut taxes, but still fight for greater access to health care and more funding for our schools, and I believe that record is the kind of record Democrats and Independents in South Carolina are looking for" Dean said. John Kerry of Massachusetts is confident his New Hampshire win give him momentum going into South Carolina. "Our message of a new direction is one which resonates across the country, South Carolinians are tired of Rudy Giuliani's cuts in health care and education, they want an experienced leader who will fight for them and their families" Kerry said. Russ Feingold of Wisconsin and Dennis Kucinich of Ohio both are making the argument to South Carolina voters that the war in Iraq needs to end, and that government needs to be more transparent. Feingold argues for campaign finance reform, while Kucinich argues that unfair trade agreements have hurt the south. Mean while, Michigan's Jennifer Granholm says her agenda of raising the minimum wage and repeal of the Giuliani tax cuts to reduce the deficit are ones she's comfortable talking about in any state.

January 15, 2012 - Nunn endorses Kerry ahead of South Carolina Primary

CHARLESTON, SC - Former U.S. Senator Sam Nunn of Georgia endorsed John Kerry's 2012 presidential bid at an event in South Carolina. "John Kerry understands that Rudy Giuliani's cuts in health care and education are hurting working families, and he's the experienced leader to challenge the President in the fall" Nunn said of Kerry.

January 17, 2012 - Romney says Democrats claims of cuts in education and health care misleading

RICHMOND, VA - At a Republican Party fundraiser in Richmond, VA, Vice President Mitt Romney said claims by the Kerry and Dean campaigns that the Giuliani administration cut health care and education funding was false. "What we supported was cutting the $532 million the federal government gave to planned parenthood. We've given that money back to states to fund federally approved health care centers. On the issue of education, what they are referring to is aid to education - we've actually increased aid to education by about $2 billion since we took over, they're upset because the previous administration's budgets called for $5 billion in increases in education funding, we simply slowed the rate of growth and have sent more funds back to the states" Romney stated.

January 21, 2012 - Kerry wins South Carolina, Nevada

South Carolina Democratic Presidential Primary
John Kerry 37%
Howard Dean 32%
Russ Feingold 20%
Jennifer Granholm 9%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Other 1%

Nevada Democratic Presidential Caucus
John Kerry 33%
Howard Dean 31%
Russ Feingold 30%
Jennifer Granholm 4%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Other 1%

January 22, 2012 - Granholm ends presidential bid

LANSING, MI - Former Governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm ended her bid for President and pledged to support the Democratic Presidential Nominee after failing to gain traction in early primary contests.

January 24, 2012 - Miller bashes Kerry

ATLANTA, GA - During on an appearance on CBS News, Former U.S. Senator and 2004 Presidential Hopeful Zell Miller attacked current presidential hopeful John Kerry. "I served with John Kerry for years. He is willing to switch positions if it helps his political career in a second, he has been running for President for 10 years. Kerry does not have the judgement to conduct foreign policy, and he lacks the fiscal discipline and the knowledge of capitalism to be an effective leader on the economy" Miller stated.

Kerry responds to Miller

Democratic Presidential Candidate John Kerry reacted to comments made by Former U.S. Senator Zell Miller. "Zell Miller has a long history of having angry outbursts and making divisive comments. The issues in this campaign will be this administration's conduct of the war in Iraq, as well as their failure to fund health care and education. I have the experience to lead this country. Senator Miller should apologize to the American people for attempting to make this a campaign about personalities and not policy" Kerry stated.  

January 25, 2012 - Poll: Kerry, Dean tied for first as Giuliani continues to be popular

National Democratic Primary
John Kerry 38%
Howard Dean 38%
Russ Feingold 20%
Dennis Kucinich 3%
Other 1%

Giuliani Approval
Approve: 61%
Disapprove: 35%

General Election Match-Ups

Rudy Giuliani 57%
John Kerry 40%

Rudy Giuliani 57%
Howard Dean 39%

Rudy Giuliani 57%
Russ Feingold 39%

Rudy Giuliani 60%
Dennis Kucinich 21%
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2014, 10:04:16 PM »

January 28, 2012 - Kerry leads nationally

John Kerry 47%
Howard Dean 30%
Russ Feingold 20%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Other 1%

January 31, 2012 - John Kerry wins Florida Democratic Primary

John Kerry 40%
Howard Dean 32%
Russ Feingold 25%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Other 1%

February 2, 2012 - Giuliani announces Iraq withdrawal with 10,000 residual forces, no exact date

WASHINGTON, DC - President Giuliani announced that the U.S. would begin gradually withdrawing U.S. forces from Iraq with the exception of 10,000 residual forces. 

Democratic Presidential Candidates critical of Giuliani on Iraq

WASHINGTON, DC - Democratic Presidential Candidates John Kerry, Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, and Dennis Kucinich each said the Giuliani administration was not withdrawing from Iraq quickly enough. Candidates Kucinich and Feingold were critical of the plan to keep 10,000 residual forces behind.

February 7, 2012 - Kerry, Dean split victories

Colorado
Howard Dean 41%
John Kerry 30%
Russ Feingold 25%
Dennis Kucinuch 3%
Other 1%

Missouri
John Kerry 52%
Howard Dean 30%
Russ Feingold 15%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Other 1%

Minnesota
John Kerry 40%
Russ Feingold 39%
Howard Dean 18%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Other 1%

Dennis Kucinich ends Presidential Campaign

ST. LOUIS, MO - Congressman Dennis Kucinich of Ohio ended his presidential campaign.

February 8, 2012 - John Kerry wins Maine Caucus

John Kerry 36%
Howard Dean 34%
Russ Feingold 29%
Other 1%

February 12, 2012 - Russ Feingold exits Presidential Race

MADISON, WI - Russ Feingold announced he was exiting the 2012 presidential race.

February 15, 2012 - At rally in New Jersey, President Giuliani lays out case for re-election

MORRISTOWN, NJ - President Giuliani made the case for his re-election during his second campaign rally of the 2012 election season. "As a result of our policies, five million Americans have found work, more Americans are seeing higher take home pay, and more people are able to afford food, fuel, and health care. At the same time, we are protecting our country and we will leave Iraq as a functioning, young democracy. But, as we celebrate greater prosperity and security, our opponents speak as if we are back where we came from. Senator Kerry has been critical of this administration's handling of Iraq. Senator Kerry voted for the mission in 2003, then voted to fund our troops, before he then voted against funding our troops, which he's done numerous times. Senator Kerry supported sending in more troops to Iraq and was critical of President Bush for not doing so. But, when we sent in 20,000 troops into Iraq, Senator Kerry opposed our effort. It seems Senator Kerry cares more about politics than national security" the President stated.

February 21, 2012 - Highlights from Dean Vs. Kerry Debate

"The fact of the matter is, Senator Kerry supported the war in Iraq in 2003, I opposed the war from the start. Senator Kerry voted for No Child Left Behind, I opposed it from the start. Senator Kerry supported Rudy Giuliani's energy bill which continues to subsidize big oil, I opposed the bill. Senator Kerry doesn't vote with we the people, he votes with the Washington establishment." - Howard Dean

"If elected President, my top priorities will be to end the war in Iraq, expand health care access and coverage to the working poor through SCHIP and exchanges, invest in education, cut taxes on working families while asking the wealthy to pay their fair share, and to pass an energy policy which re-directs oil subsidies to green technology" - John Kerry

"The difference between us on Iraq is clear. Senator Kerry voted for the war and voted to continue the war at least seven times before changing his position. For three years, Senator Kerry continued to support the war. Now, Senator Kerry says he'll end the war within fifteen months of being elected President - I'll begin brining our troops home immediately and we'll have half the residual forces compared to Senator Kerry's residual forces. Senator Kerry has promised the Iraqis $2 billion per year in foreign aid, I think our middle class here deserves that money for education and health care instead" - Howard Dean

"One of the issues I intend to confront is gun control. I believe in universal backround checks and banning assault weapons. In the U.S. Senate, I was a close ally of the Clinton administration in brining forth the ban on assault weapons in 1994. As Governor of Vermont, Governor Dean had the endorsement of the NRA on multiple occasions and refused to back gun control." - John Kerry

"My health care plan is very clear. We will provide health care to every single American. We'll do it by subsidizing health care to those who do not have it or cannot afford their current plan. The cost will be about $400 billion more over a decade than what we spend presently, and I'll pay for it by repealing the Giuliani tax cuts for those who make over $200,000 per year." - Howard Dean

"During my time in the United States Senate, I've led the fight for gun control, green energy, raising the minimum wage, pay-go legislation, and arms control. I worked closely with the Clinton administration to pass gun control and greater protection of our environment. I worked with John McCain to normalize relations with Vietnam. I have the experience to lead, and that's why I can beat Rudy Giuliani in the fall. The President has slashed funding to education and health care while opposing a higher minimum wage and funding for farmers and green energy. I'll be a leader to restore America's standing in the world while fighting for ordinary Americans here at home" - John Kerry

"I can beat Rudy Giuliani in the fall based on my record and vision. As Governor, I increased funding for health care for children, women, and the elderly, and I increased funding for education. I reduced taxes and balanced the budget. Rudy Giuliani has done the opposite of all of these things. For the future, I'm offering Americans an end to the war in Iraq, health care for all, real tax relief for working families, and protecting constitutional rights. This election will be run by standing up for what we believe is right and relaying that message to voters across this country. It's about change, it's about leadership, and it's about restoring the American dream" - Howard Dean
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2014, 10:06:06 PM »

February 28, 2012 - Kerry wins Arizona, Michigan

Arizona
John Kerry 57%
Howard Dean 42%
Other 1%

Michigan
John Kerry 55%
Howard Dean 44%
Other 1%

March 3, 2012 - John Kerry wins Washington
John Kerry 60%
Howard Dean 39%
Other 1%

March 6, 2012 - Kerry claims Super Tuesday Victory, Dean wins home state of Vermont

States won by John Kerry
Alaska - Kerry 60% Dean 39%
Georgia - Kerry 53% Dean 46%
Idaho - Kerry 62% Dean 38%
Massachusetts - Kerry 77% Dean 22%
North Dakota - Kerry 71% Dean 28%
Ohio - Kerry 54% Dean 45%
Tennessee - Kerry 51% Dean 48%
Virginia - Kerry 52% Dean 47%
Wyoming - Kerry 64% Dean 35%

Vermont
Howard Dean 67%
John Kerry 32%
Other 1%

March 8, 2012 - Howard Dean Concedes Defeat, John Kerry secures Democratic Presidential Nomination at press conference

BOSTON, MA - At a press conference in Boston, Former Governor of Vermont Howard Dean ended his presidential campaign and endorsed John Kerry. Senator Kerry became the Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee. "As the nominee of the Democratic Party, I'll represent an alternative vision to that of President Giuliani. I'll represent a vision based on the notion that my experience can help this country restore it's middle class and leadership standing globally. I believe that ending the war in Iraq in a way in which we are victorious, providing health care to the needy, raising the minimum wage, protecting our planet, and cutting taxes on working families are crucial to our country's future" Kerry stated.

March 9, 2012 - Romney attacks Kerry's economic record

MADISON, WI - Vice President Mitt Romney attacked John Kerry's record on economic issues at a campaign event in Wisconsin. "Four years ago, we inherited the worst economy since the great depression. To deal with the recession, our administration proposed the largest and most helpful tax relief in history, Senator Kerry voted no. We proposed rolling back regulations of the previous two administrations, Senator Kerry voted no. We proposed a health care plan which drove prices down in a free market setting, Senator Kerry voted no. Today, five million jobs have been added, median income has grown by $800, more Americans are able to afford health insurance, and we are seeing increased federal revenue - yet Senator Kerry has opposed our entire economic agenda" Romney stated.

March 25, 2012 - Gore officially backs Kerry for President

DOVER, NH - Former Vice President Al Gore officially backed John Kerry's 2012 presidential bid at an event in New Hampshire. Gore said Kerry was the "experienced candidate to lead on global warming and ending the war in Iraq."

May 10, 2012 - President Giuliani lays out second term agenda

BOCA RATON, FL - President Rudy Giuliani spoke about his second term agenda. The President pointed to a growing economy and reduced violence in Iraq as evidence his policies were working. However, the President acknowledged that he hadn't confronted earlier promises to reform the nation's entitlement programs, which he said would be top priorities of a second term. Additionally, the President promised that if re-elected, he would fight for a constitutional amendment to balance the federal budget. Giuliani also said he would fight to reduce the number of income tax brackets from five to three: 8%, 14%, and 32%.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2014, 12:13:24 AM »

June 1, 2012 - Kerry argues for his health care plan during speech

PITTSBURG, PA - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee John Kerry laid out his health care plan in detail during a speech in Pittsburg, PA. Kerry said he would expand SCHIP funding to cover all children whose family income was below $70,000 per year while offering a government-run health care exchange for individuals and families with incomes less than $200,000 per year. Kerry also proposed federal subsidies to help individuals and families buy insurance. Kerry stated repealing the Giuliani tax cuts for top income earners would help pay for the plan.

June 23, 2012 - President Giuliani: Balanced Federal Budget in second term

BOCA RATON, FL - Citing increased economic growth and thus more federal revenue in addition to fewer federal workers and federal subsidies, President Rudy Giuliani told supporters the federal budget would be balanced before the end of his second term.

July 1, 2012 - Kerry picks Richardson as running-mate

SANTA FE, NM - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Senator John Kerry selected Former Governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson as his running-mate, calling Richardson "highly qualified and prepared to be Vice President of the United States."

July 20, 2012 - Giuliani announces Iraq Withdrawal Plan

WASHINGTON, DC - President Rudy Giuliani announced that the U.S. would begin to end it's mission in Iraq. By January of 2013, the 23,000 forces the President sent to Iraq during the beginning of his term would be home. The President said the Department of Defense estimated that by July of 2013, all but 10,000 residual forces would be home from Iraq. The President said that violence had been reduced substantially and that the 10,000 residual forces in Iraq would continue to train the Iraqis to defend themselves.

July 23, 2012 - Kerry praises troop withdrawal, criticizes strategy to train the Iraqis

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Senator John Kerry, Democratic Presidential Hopeful, praised President Giuliani's announcement that U.S. troops would begin coming home from Iraq, but said the President should not use residual forces to train the Iraqis, but instead should call on U.N. forces to take care of that.

August 1, 2012 - Poll: Giuliani still ahead of Kerry, presidential approval strong

National General Election
Rudy Giuliani (R) 54%
John Kerry (D) 41%

Presidential Approval
Approve: 60%
Disapprove: 34%

August 5, 2012 - Romney, Murray to co-chair commission on entitlements/b]

WASHINGTON, DC - The Giuliani administration announced that Republican Vice President Mitt Romney and Democratic U.S. Senator Patty Murray of Washington would co-chair a committee focused on looking at reforms to medicare, medicaid, and social security.

August 7, 2012 - Kerry: Giuliani should raise minimum wage

PHILADELPHIA, PA - Democratic Presidential Hopeful John Kerry called on President Rudy Giuliani to raise the federal minimum wage to $8.25 per hour. Kerry said if elected President, he would fight to make raising the minimum wage by 25 cents every three years the law of the land.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2014, 04:20:25 PM »

August 17, 2012 - Dean delievers 2012 DNC keynote address

"For four years, this administration has led us down the wrong path - they've continued a needless war, cut health care for the most vulnerable amongst us, given tax breaks to the very wealthy while opposing efforts to raise the minimum wage, and they've ignored national priorities like education and the environment. It's time for new leadership for our country, and John Kerry is an experienced leader with a brighter vision for a better future for our country" - Howard Dean, address to the 2012 Democratic National Convention

August 19, 2012 - Richardson accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"John Kerry and I have the experience to lead this country. We believe that our economy works best when it works for every single American, not just the top 1%. Our economic growth is not just displayed by a rally on Wall Street or by fortune 500 companies doing well, it's displayed when our families are prospering. This current administration has left working families behind. It's time to fight for a higher minimum wage, tax cuts for working families, accessible health care, and schools where children feel safe and eager to learn" - Bill Richardson, accepting Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

August 20, 2012 - John Kerry accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

"I've spent my lifetime fighting for America, and I have no intention of stopping now. I will conduct a foreign policy based on the idea that America should always protect our interests, but not police the world. I'll fight to help every single American be covered with health insurance. I'll fight to raise the minimum wage and roll back the Giuliani tax cuts for the wealthiest in our society. I will make sure our children are educated, our poor are helped, and our elderly are cared for. I'll fight for these things because I know America is a land of opportunity and we need to help the most vulnerable in our society get ahead" - John Kerry, accepting Democratic Presidential Nomination

August 22, 2012 - Christie gives RNC Keynote Address

"Over the past four years, President Giuliani and Vice President Romney have restored America's faith in their government. They've demonstrated that working together, we can grow our economy through lower taxes and fewer regulations. They've demonstrated strong, effective leadership in the world. Today, millions of Americans are prospering as a result of their economic policies. This administration brought us out of recession, and today we are creating jobs. Additionally, this President has conducted a foreign policy in an effective manner, we are safer today than we were in 2008" - Chris Christie, addressing the Republican National Convention

August 24, 2012 - Mitt Romney accepts Vice Presidential Nomination

"The President and I have worked hard to pass the largest tax relief in history, regulatory reform, a health care plan which increases free market competition, and open markets. The result has been 5.4 million new jobs, median income being increased for the first time in nearly a decade, and a reduction in poverty for the first time in more than fifteen years. We believe in the people of America and their ability to create a better life for themselves and our fellow citizens. Yet, Senator Kerry has not only opposed tax relief, health care reform, and regulatory reform - he's proposing $1.7 trillion in new spending, $900 billion in higher taxes, and a government-run health care plan. We believe in Americans, he believes in big government" - Vice President Mitt Romney accepting nomination for re-election

August 25, 2012 - President Giuliani accepts Republican Presidential Nomination

"Over the past four years, you and I have worked together to grow our economy and create a safer world. We were tested during a time of crisis, and we have become stronger than before. Our country is safer, our economy is stronger, and our country is better off today than it was in 2008 by almost any measurement. The choice before us now is if we continue to build on the prosperity and security of the past four years or if we go back to where we came from. I believe that our country does best when we provide the world with American leadership and when we enable free markets to work here at home. The choice before the American people is clear. Together, you and I will unite all Americans behind a common sense agenda which will broaden prosperity and security. Our opponents offer us the failed path towards big government and a lack of American leadership globally" - President Rudy Giuliani, accepting nomination for re-election

September 1, 2012 - Poll: Kerry closes gap

Presidential Election
Rudy Giuliani 48%
John Kerry 42%

Giuliani Approval
Approve: 59%
Disapprove: 34%

September 5, 2012 - McCain: Giuliani will win by double digits

WASHINGTON, DC - Senator John McCain of Arizona, a surrogate for President Giuliani's re-election campaign, said he believed the President would win re-election "by at least 15 or 20 percentage points."
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2014, 11:12:06 PM »

October 5, 2012 - Highlights of Debate #1 between Giuliani, Kerry

"When I took over as President four years ago, the American economy was in recession. Unemployment was over 8% and millions of Americans saw their wages fall or their full time work become part time work. So, we went to work - we signed the largest tax relief in history, we reduced federal regulations, we enacted free trade agreements, we passed a historic free market health care reform law which has reduced insurance costs, and we increased funding for worker re-training programs to help displaced workers. The result has been 5.5 million new jobs, cutting the unemployment rate in half, median income has risen for the first time in over a decade, health care costs are being contained, and consumer confidence is up" - President Rudy Giuliani

"When this President took office in 2009, America was in recession. However, despite that, over 12 million children and 5 million women were able to afford health insurance under SCHIP, something this President vetoed the extension of in 2010. The fact is, 17 million Americans have been effected by this President's cuts in health care. Now, he claims that more Americans have health insurance today that lacked it in 2008, but the administration admits the number is only around 4 million - meaning that millions more now lack insurance. I want to cover every single American with health care because it's what's right, and it's good for our economy" - John Kerry

"A second term affords me the opportunity to continue to keep taxes low, make sure we have a competitive free market health care system, and it gives me the chance to continue to make sure we have a regulatory environment which doesn't over regulate. I'll also push for a comprehensive, all of the above energy plan, legal reform, more tax relief, and reforms to our educational system to encourage school choice in a second term. While we offer more jobs and lower taxes, my opponent has proposed $1.7 trillion in new spending, $900 billion in higher taxes, and government-run health care" - President Rudy Giuliani

"One of the biggest failures on the economy this administration has is the President's opposition to raising the minimum wage. The President and I have different priorities. I will repeal the President's tax cuts for the top 2% of income earners and instead provide health care to every American. I will fight to raise the minimum wage. It's common sense. If we raise wages in America, fewer Americans will have to experience the horrors of poverty" - John Kerry

October 10, 2012 - Highlights of the Vice Presidential Debate

"The President and I have presided over an era of expanded prosperity and enhanced security for the American people. Working with democrats and republicans, we delivered historic tax relief, regulatory reform, a health care plan which has enhanced competition, and we've passed a number of free trade agreements. At the same time, the President's strategy in Iraq has helped the Iraqis be better trained for their own future while reducing violence. Today, the United States is finally able to leave Iraq better than we found it" - Vice President Mitt Romney

"John Kerry and I share a vision for America based on the idea that we do best when we have a strong America abroad and a strong middle class here at home. Unlike this administration, we believe in more Americans having health care, being able to afford college, and raising the minimum wage to help the poorest amongst us make ends meet. The Vice President is right, we do have a choice, and it's between the middle class and the wealthy, represented by this administration" - Bill Richardson

"The President believes in the pro-choice position, and I am pro-life. Good people can have differences of opinion and still work together on the issues that are important to us. The President has opposed public funding of abortion as President. On the issue of same-sex marriage, the President believes this is an issue best left to states. On gun control, the President and I have both been consistent: we believe that the right to keep and bear arms is one granted to our citizens in the constitution. We support backround checks, but believe that again, it is the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms." - Vice President Mitt Romney

"John Kerry and I believe in a woman's right to choose. This administration has cut planned parenthood funding, which is essentially a cut in women's health care, using the bogus claim that the federal money went to abortion. John Kerry and I will fund women's health care and Planned Parenthood. We don't support public financing of abortion at the federal level. John Kerry and I also believe in civil unions for same-sex couples, something else this administration has dodged time after time. On gun control, Senator Kerry and I both believe in responsible gun ownership. However, we support universal background checks and that assault weapons have no place in our society" - Bill Richardson

October 21, 2012 - Giuliani, Kerry participate in second debate

"Senator Kerry voted against tax relief, against regulatory reform, against our health care reform plan, against medical malpractice reform, against free trade with Chili and Switzerland, against funding our troops in Iraq, and against sanctions towards Iran. Now, he's proposing $1.7 trillion in new spending, $900 billion in higher taxes, government-run health care, and a pre-mature withdrawal from Iraq. His liberal agenda is troubling in a lot of ways" - President Rudy Giuliani

"Since Rudy Giuliani has been President, 17 million Americans have seen a disruption in their health insurance coverage, 1.6 million workers have been denied a wage hike, education funding has been slashed by $8 billion, and medicare premiums have been increased by 7.5%. This is a sad record of failure. I believe we need to fund priorities and pay for those things we deem to be priorities by rolling back the President's tax cut for the top 2% of income earners" - John Kerry

"My health care plan has helped reduce the cost of health care for the first time since the early 1990s, Senator Kerry opposed my plan. The fact is, we cut SCHIP funding to where it was in 2005 because of the 17 million Americans who utilize SCHIP, 8 million of them either signed up for private insurance or saw their incomes increase above the eligibility for the program. In fact, more Americans have health insurance today than the day I took office in 2009" - President Rudy Giuliani

"This President keeps on distorting my economic plan. If we repeal the President's tax cuts for the top 2% of Americans, we get $650 billion. That's where we pay for expanding health care. The other $1 trillion is what we will spend on health care over the next decade. So, my health care plan is revenue neutral." - John Kerry

"My administration has very aggressively worked to promote the rights of the American people. The reason I re-authorized the Patriot Act is because it provides for our security while also putting in place the privacy protections our constitution guarantees" - President Rudy Giuliani

"This administration has ignored the issue of college tuition - pell grants are being funded at just $300 million more today than in 2008, that's a disgrace. I fought, in the U.S. Senate, for that original $300 million increase in 2009 - I've since proposed $5 billion more, which this administration opposed. As President, I will invest $20 billion over the next 8 years for pell grants so more kids can go to college." - John Kerry

"In my first term, we have completed the border fence. Now, we will be enforcing the laws. So, I'll fight to implement employment verification, increasing the speediness of the legal immigration process, and we'll require those here illegally to get in the back of the line if they want to become legal citizens of our country." - President Rudy Giuliani

October 28, 2012 - Giuliani, Kerry participate in final debate

"In Iraq, we have seen a 97% reduction in violence since we sent in 23,000 additional U.S. forces. We are now in a position where violence is reduced and the Iraqis are trained and equipped to take over their own country and institutions of government. Civil society is on the path towards being able to sustain itself without the help of U.S. forces. We'll have U.S. troops out of Iraq by 2014, with the exception of 10,000 residual forces" - President Rudy Giuliani

"I will get us out of Iraq by 2014 as well, but there won't be any residual forces left behind. This President has failed to get the international community involved, but it must be U.N. peacekeeping forces who train the Iraqis to care for themselves, not U.S. forces. This President has been afraid to reach out to our allies because he's alienated them in other areas. I will give a new credibility to the situation in Iraq and we'll have stronger alliances when I'm President" - John Kerry

"My administration has put in place tough sanctions against Iran and we will continue to put the pressure on the Iranians. The fact of the matter is, the United States can not allow the Iranians to get a nuclear weapon" - President Rudy Giuliani

"This administration has been so focused on the situation in Iraq, they've forgotten about Afghanistan. We need to again, engage the international community there. We need to succeed there as well, and I will help us do that as President" - John Kerry

"In a second term, we will continue to expand the size of the U.S. military. In June of 2010, I announced that we would invest $80 billion over eight years towards increasing the size of our armed forces by 40,000. We are well on our way to accomplishing that goal" - President Rudy Giuliani

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2014, 11:23:08 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2014, 11:40:57 PM by badgate »

You are lucky TxConservativeDem hasn't discovered this TL
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 04:17:51 AM »

"Muh Rick Perry wins the election in 2016" - TXConservativeDem, 2014.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 07:05:44 PM »

"Muh Rick Perry wins the election in 2016" - TXConservativeDem, 2014.

I don't know all about 2016 yet, but I can promise one thing: No Perry win in 2016.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2014, 07:58:29 PM »

November 5, 2012 - Giuliani, Kerry make final cases to nation

WASHINGTON, DC - President Rudy Giuliani and Senator John Kerry each made their final cases to the American public before voting began. Giuliani spent his last day of campaigning in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Giuliani pledged to keep taxes low, regulations at a minimum, and to continue "strong leadership" in foreign policy. John Kerry focused on health care, raising the minimum wage, and energy independence while campaigning in Iowa and Wisconsin.

November 6, 2012 - President Giuliani re-elected in landslide

Rudy Giuliani / Mitt Romney (R) 60% 452 EV
John Kerry / Bill Richardson (D) 39% 86 EV
Other 1%

January 20, 2013 - President Giuliani sworn-in for second term

The Giuliani Administration
Vice President - Mitt Romney
Secretary of State - Joe Lieberman
Secretary of Treasury - Art Laffer
Secretary of Defense - Paul Wolfowitz
Attorney General - Kelly Ayotte
Secretary of Interior - Marc Racicot
Secretary of Agriculture - Jerry E. Patterson
Secretary of Commerce - Jordan Hitch 
Secretary of Labor - Joe Lhota
Secretary of Health & Human Services - Bill Frist
Secretary of HUD - Hector Barreto
Secretary of Transportation - Joe Manchin
Secretary of Energy - Jon Huntsman Jr.
Secretary of Education - Jeb Bush
Secretary of Veteran Affairs - Tommy Franks
Secretary of Homeland Security - Peter King
White House Chief of Staff - J.C. Watts
Office of Management & Budget Director - Paul Ryan

Key Events of the Giuliani Administration from January 20, 2013 - January 1, 2015
- January 27, 2013 - President Giuliani signs an executive order opening up all federal lands to drilling for oil
- March 15, 2013 - President Giuliani signs The Tax Reform & Reduction Act of 2013 into law, creating three income tax brackets of 8, 15, and 28 percent into law. The tax cut is paid for by capping deductions at $7,000 per year with an exemption for health insurance and education
- June 27, 2013 - President Giuliani signs into law a constitutional amendment requiring a balanced federal budget with exemptions for the defense budget and payments towards veteran's affairs and medicare payments.
- October 2, 2013 - President Giuliani signs into law an immigration reform package which establishes an employment verification system and creates a pathway to legal status for those in the U.S. illegally for longer than a decade
- November 28, 2013 - President Giuliani vetoes an increase in the federal minimum wage after some republicans joined Democrats in supporting a 50 cent minimum wage hike
- January 20, 2014 - In 2013, the U.S. economy grew at 3.8% - the fastest rate of growth in years. The economy added 2 million jobs over a 14 month period.
- March 1, 2014 - President Giuliani announces that the war in Iraq will be over by the end of the summer. All except 10,000 residual forces will return to the U.S.
- June 25, 2014 - President Giuliani signs a bi-partisian bill into law creating harsher penalties for hate crimes
- October 1, 2014 - President Giuliani signs into law a bill which means tests social security and increases the retirement age
- November 3, 2014 - Republicans maintain control of both houses of congress, winning 12 congressional seats. However, 2014 is a good year for incumbents in both parties.

January 2, 2015 - Sam Brownback announces presidential bid

TOPEKA, KS - Governor of Kansas Sam Brownback entered the 2016 presidential race. "I believe that we must continue to keep taxes low and keep our country safe, but now is a time when we can achieve even greater goals for the country. Let us make a commitment here, today, that we will fight for our conservative values of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in this era" Brownback stated.

January 17, 2015 - O'Malley in for 2016

BALTIMORE, MD - Former Governor of Maryland Martin O'Malley, pledging to pass a single-payer health care plan, an assault weapon ban, and a $10 minimum wage, told CBS News he was running for President in 2016.

January 27, 2015 - Bobby Jindal to run for President

BATON ROUGE, LA - Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana declared he would be a candidate for President in 2016. "I believe Americans want a President who is committed to free markets, a strong national defense, and traditional values" Jindal told supporters.

February 5, 2015 - Mark Warner enters Presidential Race

RICHMOND, VA - Senator Mark Warner of Virginia announced his intention to run for President in 2016. "We Democrats have an obligation to stand up and fight for what's right for this country. We understand that in this era of prosperity, prosperity must be broadened to all of our citizens" Warner stated. Warner, who supported much of the Giuliani administration's economic policies, is positioning himself as a moderate and as an electable general election candidate.

February 18, 2015 - Joe Biden announces presidential run

WILMINGTON, DE - Senator Joe Biden of Delaware announced he would run for President in 2016. "It's time for an experienced President to restore America's standing in the world and our middle-class here at home" Biden told supporters.

March 2, 2015 - Corzine enters presidential race

HOBOKEN, NJ - Former Vice President Jon Corzine announced he would seek his party's nomination for President in the 2016 election. "Our country needs a President who is committed to open and transparent government, reforming medicare, medicaid, and social security, and someone who will continue to balance the federal budget without hurting working families" Corzine told supporters.

March 15, 2015 - Fred Thompson to run for President

WASHINGTON, DC - Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson announced he would be a candidate for President in 2016. "I believe that the Vice President will represent the republican establishment, but the conservative base needs a candidate as well" Thompson stated.

March 27, 2015 - Ed Rendell announces presidential bid

PITTSBURG, PA - Former Governor of Pennsylvania Ed Rendell announced he would be a candidate for President in 2016. "I will fight every moment of every day for working families in America" Rendell promised supporters.

April 2, 2015 - Kucinich tries it again

Former Congressman Dennis Kucinich of Ohio told CNN he was again seeking his party's nomination for President. "The Democratic Party has gone along with this administration and I'll be the candidate in this race who takes on this administration" Kucinich stated.

May 1, 2015 - Durbin in for 2016

CHICAGO, IL - Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois announced he was running for President. "Our country deserves a President who will fight for decent schools, quality health care, and the environment" he said.

May 10, 2015 - Mitt Romney announces presidential bid

WASHINGTON, DC - Vice President Mitt Romney announced he would be a candidate for President in the 2016 election. "For the past eight years, I've worked tirelessly with the President to grow our economy and protect the nation. Now, we need to move forward with confidence, resolve, and optimism. I believe in America and that's why I'm running for President, to continue the progress of the past eight years" Romney stated.

May 18, 2015 - Bauer in for 2016

IOWA CITY, IA - Social Conservative Activist Gary Bauer announced he would run for President in 2016. "There needs to be an advocate for the pro-life, pro-family position in this election" Bauer told Fox News.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies