TIMELINE: 2004-2020 - the heart and soul of both parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:25:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  TIMELINE: 2004-2020 - the heart and soul of both parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: TIMELINE: 2004-2020 - the heart and soul of both parties  (Read 19104 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2014, 10:26:02 PM »
« edited: April 01, 2014, 10:35:38 PM by dudeabides »

June 2, 2015 - Poll: Romney clear GOP front-runner, Democrats more divided

GOP Nomination
Mitt Romney 52%
Bobby Jindal 25%
Sam Brownback 12%
Fred Thompson 7%
Gary Bauer 3%
Other 1%

Democratic Nomination
Jon Corzine 30%
Joe Biden 25%
Mark Warner 21%
Chris Dodd 12%
Ed Rendell 7%
Martin O'Malley 3%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Other 1%

June 10, 2015 - Corzine makes case to nation in prime time TV address

DOVER, NH - Former Vice President Jon Corzine, running for the Democratic Presidential Nomination, spoke about his platform during an address in New Hampshire broadcast on national TV. "There is no doubt we are in an era of prosperity. But, still, too many Americans aren't getting ahead. Federal funding for women's health care has fallen flat. Education funding has fallen flat. Pell grants have been reduced by the current administration. Environmental protection has been cut. We need to invest in health care, education, and the environment - these will be my top priorities if elected President of the United States" Corzine stated. Corzine called for increased funding for federally approved health care clinics, increased funding for education and pell grants, and an aggressive effort to fight global warming through green energy tax incentives and carbon caps.

July 25, 2015 - Romney lays out presidential agenda in New Hampshire

MANCHESTER, NH - Republican Presidential Hopeful Mitt Romney laid out his presidential agenda during an address in New Hampshire. "For the past six years, I've worked closely with the President to promote a free market economy. The result has been 9.2 million jobs created in the past six years and we've eliminated the deficit, cut the debt by $5 trillion, and we balanced our budget this year for the first time in over fifteen years. But, our work is not done. This is a time when we need change in Washington" Romney said. Romney said entitlement reform, tax relief, Afghanistan, and immigration reform were top priorities of his. Romney pledged to fight to block-grant medicaid, make it illegal for congress to spend social security tax dollars on anything other than social security, cut income taxes by 25% across the board, eliminate the capital gains tax up to $1 million, increase the per-child tax credit by $500, to defund sanctuary cities, to make english the official language of government, and to send in 20,000 additional forces into Afghanistan.

August 2, 2015 - Mitt Romney wins Ames, IA straw poll

Mitt Romney 1,907
Bobby Jindal 1,501
Sam Brownback 465
Fred Thompson 301
Gary Bauer 95

August 10, 2015 - President Giuliani endorses Mitt Romney for President in 2016

WASHINGTON, DC - President Rudy Giuliani officially endorsed Mitt Romney for President. "For the past six years, Vice President Romney has worked closely with me on the issues that matter to the American people. Our economy is stronger, our country is safer, and our country is better off today than it was when we took office in 2009. I know that Mitt Romney will continue to build on the progress of the past six years to continue to keep Americans safe and help our economy prosper. Mitt Romney is a person of unique character and integrity, and he is ready to lead this country" the President stated.

August 20, 2015 - Biden wins endorsements, talks priorities in Iowa

IOWA CITY, IA - Senator Joe Biden of Delaware won the support of Senator Tom Carper (D-DE), Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), and Governor Jerry Brown (D-CA) in his quest for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. Biden went to Iowa to talk about his main priorities as President. Amongst those priorities is training pro-democracy forces in Afghanistan, enhancing the human intelligence network, working with world leaders on human rights, increasing funding for student loans in the United States, universal background checks for gun owners, and mandating that every American purchase health insurance and providing subsidies to those who can't afford health care.

September 1, 2015 - Warner talks presidential agenda, challenges Democrats to move to the political center

CHARLESTON, SC - Senator Mark Warner, Democratic Presidential Hopeful, spoke about his top priorities as President. Warner laid out a $800 billion tax cut package which reduced the capital gains tax in half - from 7% to 3.5% - while eliminating income taxes for those making less than $45,000 per year, reducing the 8% tax bracket to 6% and the 15% tax bracket to 14%, doubling the per-child tax credit, and reducing the corporate tax rate from 20% to 15%. Warner said his tax plan was paid for by eliminating deductions for higher income earners and corporations making more than $300,000 completely. Warner also pledged to expand SCHIP to every child in America, fight for marriage equality, raise the federal minimum wage, continue the Giuliani administration's increases in the size of the armed forces and funding for the armed forces, and he pledged to cap non-defense discretionary spending to 18% of GDP. Warner challenged his fellow Democrats to move their party towards the political center. "Let me be frank here. Our party does stand for middle class values. We are the party that believes in a woman's right to choose, health care for the poor, the rights of our gay brothers and sisters, and unions and workers. But, we must also be the party that believes in fiscal responsibility and the party of tax cuts, not crony capitalism" Warner stated.

September 5, 2015 - Gillibrand, Kaine back Warner for President

MANCHESTER, NH - Senators Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY) and Tim Kaine (D-VA) each traveled to New Hampshire to endorse Mark Warner for President. Both argued that Warner had the best record, ability to win, and best vision for the Democratic Party in the race for President.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2014, 07:30:09 PM »

September 23, 2015 - Highlight of Democratic Presidential Candidates Debate

"This administration has focused on giving tax breaks to the wealthiest amongst us and de-regulating our economy. There is no doubt that for those who are well off, these are great times. But, our middle class is struggling. Health care costs may have stabilized or even been reduced in some states, but for too many affording health care remains a daily struggle. I'll fight to cover the poorest amongst us and increase funding for women's health care. I'll also fight to raise our minimum wage and make sure that smaller class size and an emphasis on math and reading is a part of education so we have an educated workforce going forward. I also will aggressively fight to combat global warming by restoring EPA funding that this administration has cut" - Jon Corzine

"President Giuliani believes that bullying our allies is the way to get things done in foreign affairs. I know that alliances are built on trust. I will dedicate time and energy to rebuilding the alliances we've lost as a result of the President's stubbornness over the past eight years. There's all this talk about our economy, but we can't be respected in the world unless we lead in a way that unifies the world behind what's good in America. I have the most foreign policy experience of anyone on this stage, during the Clark administration I was a leader in negotiating free trade agreements, and I'm ready to lead this country" - Joe Biden

"I believe that I have the best chance of winning in the fall of 2016 because I have the record of working on a bi-partisian basis to get things done. We Democrats need to stand up for our principles, but we also need to be the party of fiscal responsibility. I believe in the rights of same-sex couples to marry, a woman's right to choose, and expanding SCHIP and investing in health care for the poor. But, I want to do so in a fiscally responsible way. I've proposed investing in education and health care, but I've also proposed a tax cut because I believe tax relief can lead to economic growth and increased federal revenue. So, I've proposed a revenue neutral tax cut which will lead to $700 billion in new revenue between 2017 and 2027. My spending is $350 billion in that same time period, meaning we'll see $350 billion in new revenue over the next decade to dedicate to debt reduction. That's in addition to the increased revenue we see today, so I will invest in education and health care while still reducing the national debt by holding the line on spending and cutting taxes on the middle class and businesses" - Mark Warner

"Democrats do face a choice in this election. When the President supported tax relief for the very wealthy, I opposed the effort. Senator Warner voted with the President and Vice President Corzine declined to take a position. When the President signed the largest de-regulation bill in history, Senator Warner voted with him and Vice President Corzine declined to take a position. When the President sent 20,000 additional forces into Iraq, Senators Warner and Biden voted with him, I opposed the effort. This election is about reversing this President's failed agenda. Let's cover every American with health insurance, something my opponents oppose. Let's return to a non-interventionist foreign policy, something my opponents oppose. I'm the only one in this race fighting for progressive values" - Dennis Kucinich

"The race for President is going to be a contest about who is best prepared to lead for the next eight years. I've spent the past three decades of my life in public service. I understand the complex issues which face our country. Someone is going to have to address the fact that we have thousands of veterans who have returned home from service who lack quality health care and sometimes, shelter. We have to address the fact that our planet is in crisis and that this administration has ignored global warming. We need to address the fact that income inequality is becoming a greater problem in our society. Mitt Romney will argue that everything is just fine, but I'll argue that although these are times of great prosperity, many have been left behind and it's going to take an experienced fighter to turn things around" - Chris Dodd

"There's been a lot of talk about the President and Vice President Romney up here, but I think we do a disservice to Democratic voters when we only talk about them. The question is, in this era of prosperity, where do we go now? Never has there been a better time to talk about raising the minimum wage, covering every single American with health care, investing in our nation's infrastructure, getting guns off the streets of our country, and investing in education. Let's stick to the issues that matter to us and stick to our values, and that's a path to victory next fall" - Ed Rendell

"What Democratic Primary voters are looking for is someone who represents our party's principles. I believe in a foreign policy consistent with our values and that our economy should help those at the bottom get ahead. I believe in a quality education for every child, and safety for every child and adult in America. I believe that social security and medicare are meant to be there for our retirees. All of these things are what we as Democrats believe in, I've fought for them my entire career in public service, and they are what I'll fight for as President" - Martin O'Malley

September 25, 2015 - GOP Presidential Candidates Debate Highlights

"For the past six years, President Giuliani and I have worked to keep taxes low, regulations at a minimum, and ensure that our economy is able to create jobs - of which we've created 9.5 million jobs since we took office. We've also conducted a foreign policy which has kept our country safe and has restored American leadership globally. Now is a time when we have to decide if we want to continue to move in the right direction, or if we want to go back to where we were six years ago. My agenda will continue to reduce the tax burden on the American people, finish the job of reforming our broken immigration system by continuing to make it easier to come here legally while making it harder to come here illegally, I'll fight for a human life amendment to protect the sanctity of life, and I will be the President who makes our country energy secure. We need to continue down the path of American exceptionalism at home and abroad" - Mitt Romney

"This President has done a great job restoring our nation's economy and protecting our country. I've been a staunch supporter of the President since he took office in January of 2009. This election is about what kind of leader you want for the next eight years. I've been a Governor. I signed the largest income tax cut in state history, increased choice in education, stood up for the second amendment, and privatized state services while Governor of Louisiana. I believe that we can make government even more efficient and save taxpayer dollars in Washington. But, it's going to take an outsider to rein in the size and scope of the federal government. It's time to change Washington, and I know how to change it because I've created change in Louisiana" - Bobby Jindal

"What got me into this presidential race was the lack of a conservative candidate in the race. The fact of the matter is, the Vice President implemented a government-run health care system while Governor of Massachusetts. As Vice President, he fought conservative efforts to eliminate the EPA and the Department of Energy. I'm the only one here who is a full spectrum conservative - I believe in limited government, a strong national defense, and traditional values. Without the three-legged stool Ronald Reagan talked about, our party can't be a national party and we can't win both our base and independents who we need to win over to win next year" - Fred Thompson

"I believe my conservative platform is one with broad appeal. Americans are tired of the current tax code, so I propose a 15% flat tax with deductions only for health care and education. I believe Americans want to eliminate the federal Department of Education, repeal No Child Left Behind, and send education back to states - and that's what I'm proposing. The American people want us to cap federal spending by not only stopping increases in spending, but by cutting spending, so I am proposing a 7% across the board spending cut not applicable to defense, social security for lower income recipients, veteran's affairs, medicaid, and medicare. Americans want less spending, lower taxes, and more control of their own schools, and that's what I'm proposing in this campaign" - Sam Brownback

"We've had a republican administration for eight years which has been 100% right on the economy and in foreign affairs. I will continue the successful policies of the past eight years. But, we have sometimes forgotten about the sanctity of human life and traditional family values. With a republican president and a republican congress, we could have passed a constitutional amendment protecting human life, and that will be my number one priority on day one of my presidency. I'll also fight to define marriage as an institution between one man and one woman in the constitution. I'll also take on federal judges who are violating religious freedoms in America, my goals as President will be to fight to continue to keep us safe and grow our economy, plus standing up for moral family values" - Gary Bauer
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2014, 11:22:48 PM »

October 7, 2015 - John McCain endorses Mitt Romney for President

NASHUA, NH - Senator John McCain of Arizona endorsed Mitt Romney's 2016 presidential bid, calling Romney "an experienced leader who will move our country forward."

October 20, 2015 - Mark Warner defends voting with President Giuliani

CHARLESTON, SC - Democratic Presidential Hopeful Mark Warner defended his record of voting with President Rudy Giuliani as a U.S. Senator from critics on the left. "The fact is, I am a loyal Democrat, but I'm also independent minded. By the way, dozens of other Democrats in the U.S. Senate also voted with the President on health care, tax reform, and the reauthorization of the Patriot Act. I wasn't the only one. However, I did break with my party in supporting a constitutional balanced budget amendment. I also voted against this President on cutting funding for the EPA, his energy plan which continues to subsidize big oil, and I led the fight against the President's proposed privatization of HUD. Furthermore, I worked with Senator Gillibrand and the President of the United States in passing stricter penalties for hate crimes and expanded veterans health care. I'm very proud of my record of working with both political parties" Warner stated.

November 1, 2015 - New Jersey Democrats back Corzine

HOBOKEN, NJ - Senator Cory Booker, Congressman Frank Pallone, Congressman Donald Norcross, and Former Governor Richard Codey each endorsed Jon Corzine's 2016 presidential bid.

November 10, 2015 - Perry endorses Jindal for President

DOVER, NH - Governor of Texas Rick Perry endorsed Bobby Jindal for President, calling Jindal "a conservative leader who can win in 2016."

November 27, 2015 - Giuliani approval steady, race for President close

Giuliani Approval
Approve: 58%
Disapprove: 35%

GOP Nomination
Mitt Romney 45%
Bobby Jindal 35%
Fred Thompson 12%
Sam Brownback 5%
Gary Bauer 2%
Other 1%

Democratic Nomination
Jon Corzine 27%
Joe Biden 25%
Mark Warner 25%
Ed Rendell 12%
Chris Dodd 5%
Martin O'Malley 4%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Other 1%

General Election Match-Ups

Mark Warner 45%
Mitt Romney 45%

Mitt Romney 48%
Jon Corzine 44%

Mitt Romney 46%
Joe Biden 45%

Mark Warner 47%
Bobby Jindal 44%

Joe Biden 45%
Bobby Jindal 44%

Bobby Jindal 46%
Jon Corzine 44%

December 1, 2015 - President Giuliani signs No Child Left Behind overhaul, voucher into law

WASHINGTON, DC - President Rudy Giuliani signed into law an overhaul of No Child Left Behind. The legislation repealed No Child Left Behind and sent 50% of the funds back to states and the other 50% of the funds towards a school voucher program for the poorest students.

December 15, 2015 - Corzine hits Warner, Warner attacks back

WASHINGTON, DC - Democratic Presidential Hopeful Jon Corzine attacked opponent Mark Warner as too conservative for Democratic voters. "Senator Warner has supported the President on Iraq, tax cuts, health care, regulatory policy, and on balancing the budget on the backs of working families - he's voted with the President more than all but one senate Democrat during the President's time in office. Mark Warner is more of a republican than a Democrat it seems" Corzine told CBS News, and repeated the claim at stops in New Hampshire and Iowa. Warner responded. "In 2008, running as the incumbent Vice President, Jon Corzine lost by seventeen points, I think it's time our party realizes that we have values that we believe in, but we also must be about fiscal responsibility. I've been consistent on this, I was a Governor who cut taxes and balanced budgets, Jon Corzine's fiscal irresponsibility is apparent and his track record of winning nationally is only 50%" Warner stated.

January 3, 2016 - Romney, Warner claim Iowa Victory

Mitt Romney 40%
Bobby Jindal 32%
Sam Brownback 15%
Fred Thompson 10%
Gary Bauer 2%
Other 1%

Mark Warner 30%
Jon Corzine 27%
Joe Biden 21%
Ed Rendell 12%
Martin O'Malley 7%
Chris Dodd 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Other 1%

Dodd exits Presidential Race

IOWA CITY, IA - Chris Dodd ended his 2016 presidential bid.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »

January 5, 2016 - Former President Wesley Clark endorses Jon Corzine for President

LITTLE ROCK, AR - Former President Wesley Clark endorsed Jon Corzine for President, calling Corzine "a principled progressive committed to restoring the American dream."

January 10, 2016 - Romney, Corzine claim victory in New Hampshire, O'Malley ends presidential bid

Mitt Romney 62%
Bobby Jindal 24%
Sam Brownback 8%
Fred Thompson 4%
Gary Bauer 1%
Other 1%

Jon Corzine 32%
Mark Warner 25%
Joe Biden 21%
Ed Rendell 12%
Martin O'Malley 7%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Other 1%

January 12, 2016 - Bush endorses Romney for President

CHARLESTON, SC - Former President George W. Bush endorsed Mitt Romney's presidential bid, calling Romney "a man of integrity and the experience to lead our country."

January 17, 2016 - Brownback ends presidential bid

TOPEKA, KS - Governor of Kansas Sam Brownback ended his 2016 presidential bid.

January 21, 2016 - Warner, Romney win South Carolina

Mitt Romney 42%
Bobby Jindal 38%
Fred Thompson 15%
Gary Bauer 4%
Other 1%

Mark Warner 40%
Jon Corzine 25%
Joe Biden 20%
Ed Rendell 10%
Dennis Kucinich 3%
Other 2%

January 22, 2016 - Fred Thompson ends presidential bid

NASHVILLE, TN - Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson ended his 2016 presidential bid.

January 25, 2016 - Giuliani: 20,000 more troops to Afghanistan

WASHINGTON, DC - President Rudy Giuliani announced that an additional 20,000 U.S. forces would be deployed to Afghanistan to reduce violence in that country. Giuliani said some of the troops would also train Afghanistan's security force to fend for themselves so the U.S. could withdrawal from the country.

GOP, Democratic Candidates respond to Giuliani surge announcement
WASHINGTON, DC - The candidates running for President responded to President Giuliani's announcement that 20,000 U.S. forces would be deployed to Afghanistan. All of the GOP candidates for President voiced support for the President's strategy. Democratic Presidential Hopeful Mark Warner voiced his support for the President's strategy. Candidates Ed Rendell and Dennis Kucinich voiced opposition. Democratic Presidential Hopeful Joe Biden stated he felt the U.S. should urge NATO forces to be sent into Afghanistan. Candidate Jon Corzine argued that the U.S. should engage it's allies before sending 20,000 troops into Afghanistan.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2014, 01:21:10 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2014, 01:23:05 AM by dudeabides »

January 31, 2016 - Romney, Warner win Florida

Mitt Romney 71%
Bobby Jindal 25%
Gary Bauer 3%
Other 1%

Mark Warner 35%
Jon Corzine 25%
Joe Biden 22%
Ed Rendell 12%
Dennis Kucinich 5%
Other 1%

Bobby Jindal ends Presidential Campaign, endorses Mitt Romney for President

TAMPA BAY, FL - Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana ended his presidential campaign and endorsed Mitt Romney for President.

February 1, 2016 - Ed Rendell ends presidential campaign

PITTSBURG, PA - Former Governor of Pennsylvania Ed Rendell ended his 2016 presidential campaign.

February 4, 2016 - Romney, Corzine win Maine

Mitt Romney 92%
Gary Bauer 3%
Other 5%

Jon Corzine 40%
Mark Warner 35%
Joe Biden 21%
Dennis Kucinich 3%
Other 1%

February 5, 2016 - Gary Bauer ends presidential bid, endorses Mitt Romney for President

LOUISVILLE, KY - Gary Bauer ended his 2016 presidential bid and endorsed Mitt Romney for President.

Mitt Romney secures Republican Presidential Nomination

BOSTON, MA - Vice President Mitt Romney secured his party's presidential nomination. "I am so proud and humbled to be able to claim that I will be the Republican Nominee for President of the United States. For the past seven years, I've had the honor of serving alongside a man who has been one of history's great Presidents, a President who has been honest with the American people. Rudy Giuliani has been a strong, decisive, and steady leader. Today, our economy is creating jobs and our country is safer thanks to the policies we've implemented. I will run on the record of this administration proudly. We'll run on the record of the largest tax relief in history, 9.7 million new jobs with rising incomes, a border fence, reforms to social security and health care, and a free Iraq which is more stable today than it was seven years ago. But, while we celebrate the accomplishments of our country under this administration, our work is not finished. We must continue to grow our economy, curb illegal immigration while making it easier to come here legally, fix our broken entitlement programs, make our country independent of foreign sources of energy, and protect the homeland" Romney stated.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2014, 09:56:49 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2014, 10:20:50 AM by dudeabides »

February 7, 2016 - Mark Warner wins Nevada Caucus, Biden ends presidential bid

Mark Warner 42%
Jon Corzine 38%
Joe Biden 18%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Other 1%

February 10, 2016 - Kucinich ends presidential bid

CLEVELAND, OH - Former Congressman Dennis Kucinich ended his 2016 presidential campaign.

February 15, 2016 - Highlights of the Democratic Presidential Candidates Debate

"Senator Warner has consistently voted with this President on issues ranging from tax cuts for the wealthy to de-regulation of Wall Street. Now, he's proposing policies which sound more like Republican policies than those which matter to our party. I will never make the Democratic Party look more like the Republican Party, I'll stand up and fight for working men and women in this country" - Jon Corzine

"In 2008, our party suffered it's greatest electoral loss in twenty-four years with Mr. Corzine on the ticket. We lost because we lost touch with the American people. What I have proposed in this campaign is investing in education, health care, and our military - but I've also said I will pay for everything I spend on. For example, my tax plan is expected to generate $700 billion over the next decade - we'll use half of that to invest in education, health care, and tax relief, and the other half will go towards the surplus. The Giuliani administration has actually proposed $150 billion in new spending for the military, I voted for that and will pay for it by closing corporate loopholes. So, I believe in investing in the things we care about, but I won't raise taxes on the middle class or increase the deficit to do it" - Mark Warner

"One of the defining moral issues of our time is the issue of same-sex marriage. I support same-sex marriage and the rights of same-sex couples. As Vice President, I presided over the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Senator Warner has openly said he opposed same-sex marriage while running for Governor of Virginia, but changed his position the year after he was elected to the United States Senate. We need a President who is going to fight for our values when it's popular and when it is not" - Jon Corzine

"I have said that health care will be a top priority of my administration. I'll expand SCHIP to cover every child in America who lacks health care today. I'll increase funding, by $2 billion per year, to federally qualified health insurance clinics. I'll fund medicaid and increase subsidies to help folks afford health insurance. The fact is, of the 32 million Americans who lack health insurance today, polling has found that just 35% of them do so because of cost. If we are to cover them, the cost comes out to about $30 billion annually. So, we'll invest roughly $60 billion more per year in a Warner administration - partly paid for by my tax cut, partly paid for by closing corporate loopholes, and partially paid for by reducing the size of the federal workforce by 8% over the next three years" - Mark Warner

"My plan to combat global warming is clear. We will ask the auto industry to raise fuel efficiency standards to 40 MPG by the year 2028. We'll re-store the tax credits this administration cut towards green technology. We will implement a carbon cap. I'll work with the international community in taking on toxic waste not only in the United States, but worldwide. We can combat global warming in a way in which we create new green jobs" - Jon Corzine

"I voted for the President's border fence,  but I voted against his immigration reform plan. I believe we need to have legal status for those here illegally regardless of if they were here for a decade or not - we need to realize that deporting 12-20 million people is fiscally irresponsible and not doable. I also support a temporary worker program" - Mark Warner

"At the end of the day, only Afghanistan can deal with their own problems. The U.S. went into Afghanistan, we got rid of most of the bad guys, it's well past the time when the Afghanis have to take responsibility for their own security. My opponent apparently supports the President's never ending war in Afghanistan, I won't commit any U.S. troops to a single country when we are fighting a global war" - Jon Corzine

"I support the surge in Afghanistan because we need to reduce violence and train the Afghanis to care for their own responsibility. I have said for the past seven years that we need to train the Afghanis. By the way, the Vice President had four years to do something about Afghanistan and he did nothing. The current administration has finally done something based on the advice of our generals, and I support the military and the suggestions of our commanders of that military" - Mark Warner

February 17, 2016 - Mitt Romney challenges Democratic Hopefuls

LEBANON, OH - Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney challenged his Democratic rivals on issues including education, energy policy, and federal spending. "Senator Warner, despite having voiced support for school vouchers and school choice, opposed our overhaul of No Child Left Behind. Jon Corzine also voiced opposition to our new proposal. Both candidates are proposing more control of education from Washington D.C. and not the states. Both my opponents have also opposed this administration's opening up federal lands to oil drilling and have put forth energy plans which will continue the status-quo as it relates to our dependence on foreign sources of energy. Both Senator Warner and Vice President Corzine have voiced support for increased federal spending. Both believe that Washington D.C. should spend your money, I believe you are the best fit to choose how you spend your own money" Romney stated.

Mark Warner responds to Mitt Romney

DENVER, CO - Democratic Presidential Candidate Mark Warner responded to attacks from Republican Mitt Romney. "The fact of the matter is, I have proposed $950 billion in new spending and the federal government will take in an additional $700 billion in revenue under my tax plan, so we'll see total federal revenue grow from about $1.4 trillion to $2.1 trillion over the next decade, with just $950 billion in new spending over the same time period. The Vice President has proposed new spending without a way to pay for it - he proposes we spend $700 billion on defense and tax cuts without a way of paying for any of it. On education, I have opposed No Child Left Behind, I voted against the overhaul because I don't feel it adequately replaced No Child Left Behind with anything which focuses on giving states the tools to raise standards. On energy, I have proposed restoring the nearly $80 billion in tax relief this administration took away from the green energy sector, and I oppose the sale of federal lands to any single industry" Warner stated.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »

February 21, 2016 - Warner dominates Super Tuesday

WASHINGTON, DC - Democratic Presidential Hopeful Mark Warner won a majority of Super Tuesday contests - claiming victories in Colorado, Arizona, Michigan, Minnesotta, Ohio, North Dakota, Idaho, Alaska, Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and Missouri. Opponent Jon Corzine claimed victories in Vermont, Massachusetts, Hawaii, and Rhode Island.

February 23, 2016 - Jon Corzine exits Presidential Race

HOBOKEN, NJ - Democratic Presidential Hopeful Jon Corzine ended his 2016 presidential race and pledged to support Mark Warner as the Democratic Presidential Nominee.

Mark Warner secures Democratic Presidential Nomination

RICHMOND, VA - Democratic Presidential Candidate Mark Warner secured his party's nomination for President in the 2016 election. "The general election begins today, and our message of moving our country forward has already begun to be heard. We believe in expanding health care access to those who need it, safety on our streets, a good education for our children, tax cuts to grow our economy, and paying for those things we do. Our campaign will be about bringing people together to broaden prosperity to every single American" Warner told supporters.

March 25, 2016 - President Giuliani signs medical malpractice reform into law

WASHINGTON, DC - President Giuliani signed a bill into law capping the amount patients could sue their doctors for - with exceptions - in federal court at $250,000. The plan is expected to reduce malpractice insurance costs by a third.

April 15, 2016 - Romney resigns as Vice President to focus on presidential campaign

WASHINGTON, DC - Vice President Mitt Romney resigned as Vice President of the United States to focus his energy on his 2016 presidential campaign. "For the past seven years, I've worked closely with President Rudy Giuliani to revive our nation's economy, solve our financial problems, heal our health care system, defend our homeland, and preserve our constitution. I feel I've accomplished those goals. Now is a time for me to step aside as I run for President" Romney stated.

Giuliani praises Romney

WASHINGTON, DC - Following Mitt Romney's resignation as Vice President to run for President, President of the United States Rudy Giuliani praised Mitt Romney. "I asked Mitt Romney to serve as Vice President because I trusted his judgement and knew he was an individual of integrity. He has been one of my closest advisors and friends over these past seven years. I know he will make an extraordinary President because he's been an effective Vice President" the President said.

April 25, 2016 - Coleman to serve as Vice President through January 2017

WASHINGTON, DC - President Rudy Giuliani announced that Senator Norm Coleman of Minnesota would serve as Vice President of the United States. Giuliani said Coleman "was uniquely qualified" to serve as Vice President.

May 21, 2016 - Poll: Giuliani still popular, close presidential race 

Giuliani Approval
Approve: 61%
Disapprove: 33%

Presidential Race
Mark Warner 45%
Mitt Romney 44%

June 10, 2016 - Conservatives, Liberals critical of party's nominees
WASHINGTON, DC - The far left and far right are having difficulty finding major differences between the two presidential candidates on an array of issues. "The fact of the matter is, both Senator Warner and Vice President Romney are virtually the same on tax cuts, government spending, social security, and foreign policy" commented Former Democratic Presidential Hopeful Dennis Kucinich. Republican Former Governor of Texas Rick Perry agrees. "They sound the same to me on everything except on social issues, where Governor Romney is considerably closer to where most conservatives stand" Perry commented.

July 15, 2016 - Mitt Romney picks Marco Rubio as running-mate

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Former Vice President Mitt Romney, the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party for President, selected Senator Marco Rubio of Florida as his running-mate. "Marco Rubio has been a leader on immigration reform, entitlement reform, and regulatory reform in the United States Senate. He's someone of tremendous ability to get things done, he will be an effective Vice President" Romney said of Rubio.

July 25, 2016 - Warner taps Gillibrand as Vice Presidential Hopeful

JERSEY CITY, NJ - Senator Mark Warner, Democratic Presidential Hopeful, selected Senator Kristen Gillibrand of New York as his running-mate in the 2016 election. "Senator Gillibrand has the knowledge of the issues, the judgement, and the skills to be a great Vice President" Warner said of Gillibrand.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2014, 10:41:07 AM »

Thank You!!!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »

August 14, 2016 - President Giuliani gives keynote RNC Address

"Over the past eight years, you and I have overcome a lot of challenges. Together, we delivered the largest tax relief in history, historic health care reform which has enabled health insurance premiums to either remain flat or even be reduced, we secured our nation's southern border, we fixed social security,  we have reduced our national debt, and our we have supported our troops and American leadership in the world. More Americans are working today than they were eight years ago as a result of 10.5 million new jobs, and wages are continuing to rise. One of the leaders who has made these things possible is Mitt Romney, and I know Mitt Romney has the experience, the record, the vision, and the integrity to lead" - President Rudy Giuliani, addressing Republican National Convention

August 16, 2016 - Sen. Marco Rubio accepts Republican Vice Presidential Nomination

"For the past eight years, our party had stood up for free markets and a strong national defense. In this era of increased security and greater prosperity, we must continue to fight for the policies which have gotten us this far. We must continue to keep taxes low, keep regulations at a minimum, and encourage free trade and competition. But, we also must work in those areas where we need to improve. Let us commit, here, now, today to improving our educational system, making our country independent of foreign sources of energy, reforming medicare and medicaid, and combating inner-city crime" - Sen. Marco Rubio, accepting Republican Vice Presidential Nomination

August 17, 2016 - Mitt Romney accepts Republican Presidential Nomination

"I spent my life in the private sector, learning how jobs come and how they go. I helped start and expand businesses. As a Governor, I reduced state spending and made sure our state's educational system remained the top in the nation. Working with the President and the American people, we were able to revive our economy through tax reductions and reforms, eliminating burdensome regulations, and encouraging free markets in health care and trade. As President, I intend to fight to help every American make sure they can find a good job, send their kids to a good school, be secure in their retirement, and be able to live in a safe neighborhood" - Mitt Romney, accepting Republican Presidential Nomination

August 20, 2016 - Sen. Cory Booker gives DNC Keynote Address

"Bringing people together, we can achieve anything. We need to come together to fight for the issues and values we care about. We care about working families, so we need to come together and fight for a higher minimum wage. We care about marriage equality, so let's work together to fight for it. We care about jobs, so let's come together to fight for economic policies to create new jobs. In America, anything is possible, and we control our own destiny" - Sen. Cory Booker, address to Democratic National Convention

August 22, 2016 - Sen. Kristen Gillibrand accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"What separates us from the Republican ticket in this election is ideas. Mitt Romney has proposed a tax cut that he won't tell us how he'll pay for, but he proposes very little else to deal with our nation's business. Mark Warner and I believe in fiscal discipline, so our proposals on tax cuts, health care, education, and the military are all paid for. We don't believe in borrowing money to pay for investments in our priorities. When the President proposed tax relief, he explained to congress how he would pay for it. That's why Mark Warner and I supported the President's tax cuts. It's a shame the President's Vice President doesn't show the same leadership. Leadership is about setting priorities in a responsible way and getting things done responsibly" - Sen. Kristen Gillibrand, accepting Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

August 23, 2016 - Mark Warner accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

"I see an America with limitless dreams and unlimited opportunity. I believe our country can protect itself abroad while broadening prosperity here at home. Together, working with members of both parties and the American people, we'll work to make our country's future brighter than our past. We believe in educational opportunity for all, health care for those who lack it, tax relief for businesses and workers, equality for all of our people, a strong military, and fiscal responsibility. Together, we will build a brighter future for ourselves, our kids, and future generations of Americans" - Sen. Mark Warner, accepting Democratic Presidential Nomination

September 1, 2016 - Mitt Romney gives address on education reform

CLEVELAND, OH - Republican Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney addressed education reform during a speech in Cleveland, Ohio. Romney said if elected President, he would continue the Giuliani administration's overhaul of No Child Left Behind along with the administration's national school voucher program. Romney also added that he would fight for a federal law mandating that public school's receiving federal dollars would be required to create special accommodations for children with special needs. Romney also said he would require schools receiving federal dollars to make it harder for teachers to be tenured.

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »

September 25, 2016 - Poll: Giuliani remains popular, election close

Giuliani Approval
Approve: 62%
Disapprove: 33%

General Election
Mitt Romney 47%
Mark Warner 45%

October 2, 2016 - Highlights from the first Presidential Debate

"Our economy has grown, for the past six years, at it's fastest rate since the 1990s - more Americans are finding work, incomes are rising, and the cost of health care has remained either flat or been reduced. So, yes we are better off today than we were four or even eight years ago. But, we need to continue to prosper as a country. Keeping taxes low, regulations at a minimum, and our markets open so we can compete globally is critical. But, we also need to improve our schools so that future generations of workers can have the skills to meet the demands of a growing economy, so I've put forth a plan which gives flexibility to states as it relates to education, and a plan that puts parents, students, and teachers before bureaucrats" - Mitt Romney

"There is no question that our economy is stronger than it was four years ago, and yes, even eight years ago. During the Democratic Primary, I challenged my own party to acknowledge that this President has been a good steward of our economy. The voters agreed with me. But, the question is, where do we go from here? The Vice President has failed to explain how he's going to pay for his tax cuts, new spending for education, and the military spending this administration has proposed and begun to do. I've explained how I'm going to pay for tax cuts, more spending on defense, education, and health care - while still holding the line on spending and reforming outdated programs while reducing the size of the federal workforce to pay for it. So far, I've proposed a plan which has more revenue than spending, the Vice President has more spending than revenue. When I say revenue, I don't mean a tax increase, I mean economic growth" - Mark Warner

"There are differences between us in this election, for sure. Senator Warner has proposed $850 billion in new spending, I've proposed just $100 billion for defense paid for by cutting waste presently in that budget- in fact, my plan would reduce the national debt by $5 trillion over the next eight years, his plan only reduces it by $4 trillion over a decade. My tax cut plan would offer larger tax relief to small businesses and middle-income Americans. One of the big differences between us is on education - my plan would focus on allowing states to have more control of education, he trusts the federal government. Another major difference is on energy, Senator Warner has voted against repealing green energy loan guarantees, I believe the free market should be the driving force behind energy independence. So, there are major differences between us in this campaign" - Mitt Romney

"For eight years, the Giuliani administration has proposed new spending for the military and tax cuts, combined the total cost of these proposals have been $1.8 trillion - and for the most part, they've been paid for. This administration has reduced the rate of growth of spending to below the rate of inflation, and we've balanced the budget for the past two years under the President's constitutional balanced budget amendment which passed with my support. But, I wish the Vice President would commit to paying for those things he spends on like the President has for the past eight years. I am a strong advocate of paying as you go and of not borrowing, which is why I have committed to no longer borrowing to pay for the things I do believe we should spend money on. Furthermore, I've committed to not increasing taxes on middle-class Americans" - Mark Warner

"As Vice President, I've fought with President Giuliani to secure our southern border. The issue is, we still have around 12-15 million people here illegally. So, I've stated that we should defund sanctuary cities, implement an employment verification system to make sure folks aren't hiring people here illegally, and we need to speed up the visa process so people come here legally. But, my opponent voted for virtual amnesty twice. He supported "comprehensive" reform twice. I don't believe that a guest worker program or a pathway to citizenship which doesn't require people getting in line with everybody else is appropriate" - Mitt Romney

"Since 2009, each of us has been in Washington D.C. But, before 2009, each of us spent four years in executive offices. The net tax burden decreased in Virginia during my time as Governor, I reduced taxes fifteen times. The Vice President raised taxes and fees by $700 million while Governor of Massachusetts. The Vice President increased state spending by over 3%, my increase in state spending by 0.50%. The Vice President opposed raising his state's minimum wage, I have always supported raising the minimum wage. While I fought for the rights of same-sex couples, the Vice President went to Washington and asked them to ban same-sex marriage. I think our records speak for themselves" - Mark Warner
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2014, 10:09:29 PM »

October 7, 2016 - Vice Presidential Debate Highlights

"Senator Warner and I have been mavericks within our own party. Both of us have the independent mindset to be objective, and the experience of fighting for the principles which have made America great. This will help us lead our country forward. We both broke with our party in supporting the President's tax reform plan as well as his health care plan. We believe in working with members of both parties to get things done" - Kristen Gillibrand

"Mitt Romney and I believe that we need to build on the progress of the past eight years. Our economy is stronger and our country is safer, but we can still prosper more and be even more secure. Today, our army is smaller than it was three decades ago. We believe in a larger, better equipped military in a dangerous world. Mitt Romney and I believe that we need to confront Iran and prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons no matter what. Here at home, we have put forth an education reform plan to help improve our schools. We've put forth a medicare and medicaid reform plan to save those programs from future fiscal problems. We've proposed cutting taxes on the American people as opposed to spending the increased revenues we've seen" - Marco Rubio

"Senator Warner and I have acknowledged that on issues from tax reform to health care, we've actually agreed with this administration. But, there are areas where we would change course. For example, we believe this President's opposition to raising the minimum wage has been hurtful to the working poor, we think that this President's cuts in environmental protection are misguided, and we opposed the President's plan to privatize medicare and medicaid, the same program our opponents in this campaign have voiced support for" - Kristen Gillibrand

"Mitt Romney and I have both said that during our first 100 days in office, we will go to congress with our education reform plan. This time of prosperity is the right time to focus on education because future generations need to be educated for the jobs of tomorrow. Our opponents believe that Washington D.C. should set the tone for education, we believe in a national voucher program, but we believe state's should make decisions about class size and where school funding should go to, not the federal government" - Marco Rubio

"Mark Warner and I have proposed a bold agenda for the future. Our tax cut on individuals, investment, and businesses will create five million jobs over the next three years while reducing the national debt by $4 trillion and balancing our budget. Our education plan will reduce class sizes, increase funding for early childhood education and special needs classrooms, and it invests in vocational schools and pell grants for lower income children. We've also committed to expand health care to poor children and their parents. All of this can be achieved while reducing the national debt and keeping taxes low" - Kristen Gillibrand

October 20, 2016 - Romney, Warner participate in second debate

"As it relates to Iran, the President has implemented tough sanctions and those sanctions are working, the Iranians have not been able to acquire a nuclear weapon. As President of the United States, I will continue to keep tough sanctions in place. My commitment to the American people is to keep our country safe, and that means Iran will not be allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon" - Mitt Romney

"The President's sanctions, which I voted for when he proposed them in 2009, have been working. Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapon thanks to those sanctions. However, we need to lead an international coalition to ensure Iran never does get a nuclear weapon. This administration has been trying to get an international coalition together to not only prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, but also to hold them accountable for human right's violations - it's a work in progress and I'll continue to make that a top priority" - Mark Warner

"I will increase the size of the U.S. military and increase funding for human intelligence. In 2015, the President and I announced that 10,000 homeland security agents, over a four year period, would have a new goal of focusing on human intelligence efforts to protect the American people. I will continue that effort, it won't cost taxpayers anymore than what we spend now on homeland security" - Mitt Romney

"Mitt Romney and I agree on most homeland security issues, the areas we disagree are on immigration reform and China. I believe that we need a comprehensive approach to immigration reform, we need a pathway to legal status and a temporary worker program, the Vice President opposes both things. On the issue of China, I don't want to get into a trade war. The Vice President said in June he would fight to make China known as a currency manipulator, this would create a trade war with China" - Mark Warner

"I'm proud to run on this administration's foreign policy record. We ended the war in Iraq and left that country safer and more free. Our troops helped reduce violence in Afghanistan, and the Afghanis now are taking responsibility for their own country. Sanctions against Iran have worked. Our military has higher morale and is better equipped today than it was when the President took office in 2009. We have a record of protecting Americans and promoting freedom globally" - Mitt Romney

October 27, 2016 - Highlights from final Presidential Debate

"The Vice President is the first Republican since probably Richard Nixon in 1972 not to talk about fiscal responsibility as a presidential candidate. He's ignored fiscal discipline all together. We still don't know the details of how he's going to pay for spending on the military and his tax cut. I've accounted for every dime of spending under my proposals" - Mark Warner

"Senator Warner says he's voted with the President and I, which is true to an extent. But, he voted against reforming social security, against capping federal spending at 18% of GDP, against repealing green energy loan guarantees, against several of our judicial appointments, against bi-partisan medicare reform, against privatizing HUD, and against reducing all federal subsidies" - Mitt Romney

"There is no question that I'd be considered a social conservative. I believe in the sanctity of human life and will fight for a constitutional amendment which protects life. I support traditional marriage and stand by my support of a constitutional marriage amendment. I believe in family and values" - Mitt Romney

"My opponent takes the far right position on social issues. As President, I will fight for same-sex marriage, to strengthen laws which punish those who discriminate, and I will defend and protect a woman's right to choose. But, here is another difference between us. As Governor, I refused to go along with my own party in support of taxing the second amendment, Vice President Romney signed a ban on assault weapons as a Governor. " - Mark Warner

Election Day 2016 - Mark Warner wins a close election

Mark Warner / Kristen Gillibrand (D) 49.7% 270 EV
Mitt Romney / Marco Rubio (R) 49.3% 268 EV
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2014, 04:28:01 AM »

Yay! Warner!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2014, 12:43:45 PM »

Wow; it was Gillibrand that did it!

Two Democrats who ran as "mavericks" against a GOP ticket which was rather vague on some policy issues also did it. 
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2014, 01:19:26 PM »

January 20, 2017 - Mark Warner sworn in

The Warner Administration
Vice President - Kristen Gillibrand
Secretary of State - Jon Huntsman Jr.
Secretary of Treasury - Robert Reich  
Secretary of Defense - William Lynn III
Attorney General - Linda Rollins
Secretary of Interior - Kristi Noem
Secretary of Agriculture - Jon Tester
Secretary of Commerce - Larry Page
Secretary of Labor - Richard Gephardt
Secretary of Health & Human Services - Howard Dean  
Secretary of HUD - Hector Barreto
Secretary of Transportation - James Simpson
Secretary of Energy - Ed Rendell
Secretary of Education - Jeb Bush
Secretary of Veteran Affairs - Richard Myers  
Secretary of Homeland Security - Bill Richardson
White House Chief of Staff - Donald Payne Jr.
Office of Management & Budget Director - Tim Kaine

Key Events of the Warner Administration, January 20, 2017 - January 1, 2019
- February 15, 2017 - President Warner signs the Education Achievement & Investment Act of 2017 into law. The new law increases penalties - both legally and financially - for schools which fail to accommodate students with special needs. The new law also allocates No Child Left Behind Funding to states as No Child Left Behind continues to be overhauled.
- May 2, 2017 - Congressional Republicans vote down President Warner's proposed $8.25 minimum wage
- August 10, 2017 - President Warner signs the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act into law, granting a pathway to legal status for some undocumented workers while increasing penalties for employees who knowingly hire someone of illegal status. The new law also creates a four-month temporary worker program.
- December 5, 2017 - President Warner vetoes a Republican tax cut package, arguing it is not paid for.
- January 15, 2018 - President Warner signs the first part of the tax cut package he promised during the 2016 campaign into law - a reduction in capital gains taxes.
- March 1, 2018 - President Warner signs a farm bill into law which restores farm subsidies the Giuliani administration reduced. Republicans in congress voted down a separate resolution restoring green energy loan guarantees and tax credits.
- June 25, 2018 - President Warner announces the U.S. military is on track in increasing it's size and funding for equipment and human intelligence per the Giuliani administration's plan.
- August 25, 2018 - President Warner announces that for the first time in nine years, the U.S. federal government will face a deficit in FY2019 unless it's cuts spending or raises revenue. The President proposes raising income taxes on the top 2% of taxpayers by raising the top income tax rate from 28% to 30% for a three year period to eliminate the projected deficit.
- August 28, 2018 - Republicans in congress vote down the President's proposed temporary tax increase
- October 1, 2018 - Congress authorizes President Warner to cut spending by $200 billion - across the board with exemptions for defense, veterans, medicare, medicaid, social security, and education - to ensure that FY2019 doesn't have a deficit.
- December 10, 2018 - President Warner signs the Medicare Reform Act into law. The new law means tests medicare while allowing for the creation of state-run medicare exchanges.
- December 15, 2018 - Despite a strong economy, November 2018 saw the weakest economic growth since March of 2009. To date, the U.S. economy added 3.8 million jobs under President Warner, and economic growth was 3.2% in 2018 and 3.5% in 2017.

January 15, 2019 - Rick Santorum enters Presidential Race

DES MOINES, IA - Senator Rick Santorum became the first Republican to enter the 2020 presidential race. "For thirty years, I've fought for the sanctity of human life, family, entitlement reform, and a strong America in the world, I believe we need a consistent conservative to challenge the President in 2020. Over the past decade, we've seen great prosperity as a result of the previous administration's economic policies. Today, while we are still growing, our future is uncertain - we are seeing some signs the economy is slowing. We need to defend our values, our economic interests, and our national security interests - and I believe I have something to contribute" Santorum stated.

February 1, 2019 - Kelly Ayotte announces presidential bid

MANCHESTER, NH - Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire entered the 2020 presidential race. "I have the experience, as a state Attorney General and U.S. Senator, and the vision to lead our country. Our party must be the party that stands for free markets, a strong national defense, and family values. I believe in American exceptionalism, both here at home and abroad. Together, we can help America succeed now and always, it just takes tough, decisive, and strong leadership" Ayotte told supporters.

February 15, 2019 - Marco Rubio running for President

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Senator Marco Rubio, the 2016 Republican Vice Presidential Nominee, announced he was running for President in 2016. "Four years ago, this President promised he'd cut your taxes, invest in our military, invest in education and health care, and pay for it. Well, he's invested in the military because congress passed the previous administration's law requiring it. He's invested in education, okay. But, he hasn't reduced taxes, and he hasn't paid for it all. I'll be a President who keeps his word and means what he says" Rubio told supporters.

February 20, 2019 - Scott Walker in for 2020

MILWAULKEE, WI - Scott Walker, who served as Governor of Wisconsin from 2011-2019, announced he would run for President in 2020. "I'm running for President because I believe changing Washington requires an outsider, someone who knows how to balance budgets while running government in an efficient manner" Walker told supporters. "The next Republican nominee for President must make the case that limited government and freedom is the answer to our future" he added.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »

Christie 2020!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2014, 05:48:14 PM »

We shall see....

March 1, 2019 - Warren to challenge Warner in Democratic Primary

BOSTON, MA - Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts announced she would challenge President Mark Warner for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. "Mark Warner has failed to stand up to Republicans in congress. I've tried to get support for a single-payer health care system, a $10.00 minimum wage, universal childhood education, a repeal of the Giuliani tax cuts for the top 2% of Americans, and a federal same-sex marriage law without the support of this administration" Warren stated.

March 12, 2019 - Poll: Romney 2020 GOP front-runner, Warner approval rating at 55%

Warner Approval
Approve: 55%
Disapprove: 40%

Democratic Presidential Nomination
Mark Warner 77%
Elizabeth Warren 20%

GOP Presidential Nomination
Mitt Romney 33%
Marco Rubio 29%
Rick Santorum 17%
Paul Ryan 10%
Kelly Ayotte 6%
Sam Brownback 3%
Rand Paul 1%
Other 1%

March 25, 2019 - Mitt Romney declines Presidential Bid

BOSTON, MA -Former Vice President Mitt Romney, the 2016 Republican Presidential Nominee, announced he would not be a candidate for President in 2020. "I will not run for President of the United States in 2020. Serving as both Governor of Massachusetts from 2003 until 2007, and as Vice President of the United States from 2009 until 2016 were the honors of a lifetime. Twice, I was a candidate for President and once had the honor of being my party's nominee for President four years ago. I will always cherish public service and will continue to try and serve, but not as a presidential candidate in 2020" Romney stated.

April 5, 2019 - Paul Ryan to run for President

JANESVILLE, WI - Congressman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin announced he would run for President in the 2020 election. "Four years ago, this President said he would insist congress would reduce the size of the federal workforce while making government more efficient. He's failed in that effort. As President, I will lead an effort to grow our economy and make government smaller and more efficient" Ryan told supporters.

April 10, 2019 - Rand Paul enters presidential race

LOUISVILLE, KY - Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky announced he would be a presidential candidate in the 2020 election. "My opponents, and this President, believe that America's strength is measured by how much we spend on defense and how much money we spend on education. I believe America's strength is in her belief in individual liberty, a cautious and humble foreign policy, and a belief in free market principles" Paul told supporters.

May 5, 2019 - Snyder running for President

DOVER, NH - Rick Snyder of Michigan, who served as Governor from 2011-2019, announced he was running for President in the 2020 election. "Americans deserve a President who has a history, both in the private sector and in government, of leadership and excellence. Our nation must focus on renewing our education system, reducing crime in our inner-cities, creating opportunity for all Americans, and fixing our broken tax code" Snyder declared.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2014, 07:48:34 PM »

June 10, 2019 - Mitt Romney endorses Marco Rubio for President

DOVER, NH - Former Vice President Mitt Romney endorsed Marco Rubio's 2020 presidential bid at an event in New Hampshire. "Four years ago, I choose Marco Rubio for Vice President because I felt his record as a conservative republican reformer spoke for itself, and that's why I support him for President today" Romney said.

August 10, 2019 - Rick Santorum wins Ames, IA Straw Poll

Rick Santorum 1,802
Paul Ryan 997
Scott Walker 704
Marco Rubio 701
Kelly Ayotte 550
Rick Snyder 233
Rand Paul 97

September 1, 2019 - Rick Santorum lays out 100 days agenda

IOWA CITY, IA - Senator Rick Santorum, running for the Republican Presidential Nomination, spoke about what he would do during his first 100 days as President. Santorum's said he would repeal President Warner's Educational Achievement & Investment Act, arguing it gave the federal government too much power in the area of education. Santorum pledged to block-grant education funding to states and eliminate the Department of Education via attrition. Santorum also said he would fight to increase deportations for about a million undocumented workers who have committed crimes in the United States. Santorum also pledged to impose tough sanctions on North Korea for human rights violations and for it's nuclear ambitions. Santorum also said he'd increase the per-child tax credit, reduce the corporate tax rate to 15% from 20%, reduce individual income tax rates to 25% and 5% from 28% and 8%, and he'd eliminate taxes on manufacturers. He also called for cutting federal spending to 2016 levels - a net 8% reduction in federal spending.

September 4, 2019 - Scott Brown, Judd Gregg endorse Ayotte in presidential bid

MANCHESTER, NH - Sen. Scott Brown (R-NH) and Former U.S. Senator Judd Gregg (R-NH) endorsed Kelly Ayotte in her bid for the Republican Presidential Nomination.

September 7, 2019: Poll: New GOP front-runner is Rick Santorum

Rick Santorum 25%
Marco Rubio 21%
Kelly Ayotte 20%
Paul Ryan 18%
Scott Walker 12%
Rick Snyder 2%
Rand Paul 1%
Other 1%
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2014, 11:31:15 PM »

October 1, 2019 - Ayotte lays out presidential agenda

MANCHESTER, NH - Republican Presidential Hopeful Kelly Ayotte spoke about her presidential agenda. Ayotte pledged that the U.S. would have a surplus by the end of her first term by reducing the size of the federal workforce to 2014 levels via attrition, block-granting HUD and medicaid, eliminating farm subsidies, and capping federal spending at the level of inflation. Ayotte also pledged to eliminate the current income tax code and tax with a 15% flat rate on consumption - something she said was revenue neutral, along with a new 5% flat corporate tax rate to replace the current 20% corporate tax rate. Ayotte also promised to de-regulate the energy sector and encourage more domestic production of energy, investing an additional $5 billion annually towards worker re-training programs, eliminating the federal government's role in education, and the appointment of conservative justices.

October 5, 2019 - Highlights of the first GOP Presidential Candidates Debate

"My agenda for this country is based on my experience in the United States Senate and what I've come to know about public policy. I understand how America works not because I've been in Washington, but because I've spoken to thousands of ordinary Americans over the past three decades. Our people want minimal taxation, fewer regulations, a government than values family, and a country that is safe for us and our children. So, I've put forth a conservative agenda - real tax relief, allowing local folks to deal with education, promoting a culture of life, and a foreign policy where America takes a leadership role" - Rick Santorum

"Four years ago, President Warner promised the American people he'd reduce taxes, invest in education and health care, invest in our military, and pay for it all. Well, he's spend money, but he hasn't paid for it. He's broken his promises on the deficit. He's broken his promise on job creation. He's broken his promises on tax relief. I have put forth a plan which cuts federal spending by 15% - the largest spending cut of anyone running for President. My plan saves medicare and medicaid with a bi-partisian approach. My plan ends our dependence on foreign sources of energy by creating tax incentives for oil, coal, and nuclear. It's time America had a President who kept his or her word" - Marco Rubio

"This year has been the weakest year for economic growth since 2008. Our future is uncertain as it relates to the economy. In the U.S. Senate, I wrote Rudy Giuliani's regulatory reforms and voted for his tax relief - and our economy created 10.8 million jobs and median income rose by $2,200. As President, I will reduce taxes and simply our tax code to encourage economic growth, invest in worker re-training programs to help our workers get ahead, and I will lead an agressive effort to return power back to states. We'll spend less, tax less, and regulate as little as possible. America must lead in military strength, and I will be a decisive leader in foreign affairs - but our leadership role in the world also depends upon a strong economy here at home" - Kelly Ayotte

"As President of the United States, I'll take on the special interests in Washington. We'll stop the EPA from hurting our economy, stop crony capitalism, stop federal public employee unions from bankrupting our pension system, and we will reform medicare, medicaid, and social security. As Governor, I took on the public employee unions and won. I reduced taxes, spending, and regulations dramatically. But, Washington has failed to tackle meaningful medicare and medicaid reform, failed to control the size of government, they've failed to reform our pension system for federal workers, and they've failed to adequately address problems ranging from education to illegal immigration. It's time for a problem solver in Washington D.C." - Scott Walker

"My friends Rick Santorum, Kelly Ayotte, Paul Ryan, and Marco Rubio are all well meaning individuals. But, they voted with this President on far too many issues. I was opposed to this President's agenda from the start. While they voted with this President to extend the Patriot Act, increase the already bloated defense budget, for foreign aid to Egypt, and for more funding for the NSA, I opposed the President and took on the political establishment of my own party. If you believe it's time for peace, time for a humble foreign policy, and time for strict fiscal conservatism, then I'm your candidate for President of the United States" - Rand Paul

"I believe that the next President of the United States must have executive experience, and unfortunately the majority of my friends here are legislators. I've been a businessman who helped create jobs, and a Governor who took on corruption, over taxation, and failing inner-city schools. Michigan has a ways to go, but we've made historic reforms in the areas I discussed. Today, there is a second class citizenry as it relates to education. We need to ensure that our schools all across this country are safe and that students are learning, that requires accountability and choices for parents. I'm Rick Snyder, and I'm running for President because I believe it's time we turn around education, grow our economy, and win in the year 2020" - Rick Snyder

"This election is about the future of our economy. I'm proud to have helped write and pass the Giuliani tax cuts, authored budgets to reduce debt, and I'm proud this administration went along with parts of my medicare reform proposals. But, this President has been a disappointment to the American people. Americans expected a President who would work with both parties on a wide array of issues. Instead, we got a President who refused to look at my budgets, refused to look at opening up land for oil drilling, and a President who failed to create the surplus he promised Americans in 2016. Now, with the future of our economy in doubt, we need to make a choice. Will we continue to simply sit by and watch prosperity erode, or will we act to grow our economy? I've proposed a bold plan to help grow the economy: reduce our corporate tax rate to 10%, cut the payroll tax, eliminate the capital gains tax, eliminate taxes on interest, end all Warner-era regulations, and speed up the process of enacting free trade agreements. It's time that we have a renewed focus on economic growth" - Paul Ryan

"I think a big difference between Senator Santorum and I is on free trade: I voted for every single free trade agreement passed over the past decade, Rick has opposed 80% of the free trade agreements passed over the past five years" - Marco Rubio

"Senator Santorum has supported spending billions of dollars on federalized education, farm subsidies, the arts, and other programs I believe are best left up to states and private individuals and businesses. One of the big differences is that he supported this President's farm bill, which cost taxpayers $200 billion, and I voted against it" - Kelly Ayotte

"The fact is, Senators Rubio and Ayotte voted with this President and liberal Democrats to grant amnesty for those here illegally, I opposed the law and almost helped defeat it, I'll reverse it if elected President" - Rick Santorum

"On three different occasions, Senator Santorum has voted to fund Planned Parenthood, I actually fought Planned Parenthood in court while Attorney General of New Hampshire" - Kelly Ayotte

"Well, my opponents - other than Governor Snyder - have all been legislators. Some of them have voted for things I, as a Governor and a conservative, disagree with - such as when Senators Rubio and Ayotte voted for amnesty, or with this President for an energy bill which included no provisions to increase domestic oil production" - Scott Walker

"I want to be President of the United States because I believe in the values of faith, freedom, and family" - Rick Santorum

"America is an exceptional nation and these times demand leadership that realizes our full potential" - Kelly Ayotte
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2014, 09:23:14 PM »

October 21, 2019 - Elizabeth Warren gives address on "progressive values"

DOVER, NH - Democratic Presidential Candidate Elizabeth Warren gave an address on progressive values and argued the Warner administration had ignored those values. "This administration has gone along with the Republicans in support of corporate welfare, in opposition to single-payer health care, and they've failed to fight for marriage equality, I will right these wrongs as President of the United States" Warren stated.

October 27, 2019 - President Warner launches re-election campaign

VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - President Mark Warner officially launched his re-election campaign. "For four years, our administration has worked tirelessly to protect the American people while protecting America's middle class. Another term will enable us to continue the fight to help ordinary Americans succeed at all walks of life" Warner stated.

October 28, 2019 - 44 Senate Democrats endorse Warner re-election

WASHINGTON, DC - All except two Democratic U.S. Senators endorsed President Mark Warner's re-election campaign. In a statement, the Democratic Senate Caucus declared that "President Warner's improvements in education, public safety, medicare, and veteran's health care have helped protect the economic, fiscal, and security interests of all Americans. He has been a leader committed to restoring America's middle class."

November 15, 2019 - Rubio endorses Fair Tax, constitutional amendment protecting life

CHARLESTON, SC - Republican Presidential Hopeful Marco Rubio announced that if elected President, he would fight for a human life amendment to the U.S. constitution and for the Fair Tax, a replacement of the income tax with a 23% tax on new goods and services.

December 1, 2019 - Warner approval steady, GOP race close

Warner approval
Approve: 57%
Disapprove: 37%

Democratic Nomination
Mark Warner 70%
Elizabeth Warren 28%
Other 2%

GOP Nomination
Rick Santorum 29%
Kelly Ayotte 25%
Marco Rubio 21%
Scott Walker 12%
Paul Ryan 8%
Rick Snyder 3%
Rand Paul 1%
Other 1%

December 5, 2019 - Haley, Scott, Huckabee endorse Santorum

CHARLESTON, SC - Citing his economic plan and social positions, Governor Tim Scott, Former Governor and U.S. Senate Hopeful Nikki Haley, and Former Governor of Arkansas & Fox News Talk Show Host Mike Huckabee endorsed Rick Santorum for President.

December 10, 2019 - Kelly Ayotte launches anti-Santorum ads in NH, SC, and FL

NARRATOR 1: Kelly Ayotte. She took on planned parenthood as New Hampshire's Attorney General. In the senate, she worked with President Giuliani to cut taxes and regulations - leading to 10.5 million new jobs. It was Kelly Ayotte who led the fight in the senate for a balanced budget constitutional amendment. Kelly Ayotte took on her own party and voted against more federal control of education. Kelly Ayotte - a proven reformer.
NARRATOR 2: Rick Santorum's record? Santorum voted to fund planned parenthood three times. He's voted for $500 billion in new federal subsidies in the past decade. Santorum opposed National Right to Work, opposed employment verification for illegals, and he fought for federalized education.
Ayotte: I'm Kelly Ayotte and I approved this message because we need a proven reformer and a conservative leader, not a typical big government politician.

December 15, 2019 - Santorum counter-attacks Ayotte in NH, FL, SC, IA, and MI with new ad

SANTORUM: I'm Rick Santorum and I approved this message
NARRATOR: Kelly Ayotte. She's attacking Rick Santorum. The problem? Her own record is moderate. Ayotte voted for amnesty on three different occasions. She voted for greater control control. Ayotte voted to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell despite military leaders opposition. Conservatives across the country are supporting Rick Santorum. He's been consistently against wasteful Washington spending, for traditional values, and for a strong America.
NARRATOR 2: Kelly Ayotte. Moderate. Rick Santorum. Conservative.

January 4, 2020 - Rick Santorum, Mark Warner win Iowa Caucus as Rick Snyder ends presidential bid

GOP
Rick Santorum 33%
Marco Rubio 24%
Scott Walker 21%
Kelly Ayotte 12%
Paul Ryan 7%
Rand Paul 1%
Rick Snyder 1%
Other 1%

DEM
Mark Warner 67%
Elizabeth Warren 30%
Other 3%rick
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2014, 02:48:03 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2014, 02:52:42 PM by dudeabides »

January 7, 2020 - Warner focuses on general election, attacks GOP front-runners

DOVER, NH - President Mark Warner focused his energy on the general election as opposed to his primary challenge from Senator Elizabeth Warren. "Senator Santorum believes our country's social policies should reflect the values of the 1800s, not 2020. The other Republican candidates are critical of this administration's record, yet their alternative is to simply cut taxes and do little else to solve our nation's problems" Warner told supporters.

January 11, 2020 - Ayotte, Warner win New Hampshire Primary, Warren stronger than expected

GOP
Kelly Ayotte 57%
Marco Rubio 21%
Scott Walker 12%
Rick Santorum 5%
Paul Ryan 3%
Rand Paul 1%
Other 1%

DEM
Mark Warner 55%
Elizabeth Warren 44%
Other 1%

January 15, 2020 - Coleman backs Ayotte for President

ST. PAUL, MN - Former Vice President & U.S. Senator Norm Coleman endorsed Kelly Ayotte's presidential campaign, calling Ayotte "a true leader and problem solver."

January 19, 2020 - Santorum & Warner win South Carolina, Michigan

GOP South Carolina
Rick Santorum 35%
Kelly Ayotte 31%
Marco Rubio 20%
Scott Walker 7%
Paul Ryan 5%
Rand Paul 1%
Other 1%

GOP Michigan
Rick Santorum 33%
Scott Walker 32%
Kelly Ayotte 15%
Marco Rubio 12%
Paul Ryan 5%
Rand Paul 2%
Other 1%

DEM South Carolina
Mark Warner 79%
Elizabeth Warren 20%
Other 1%

DEM Michigan
Mark Warner 61%
Elizabeth Warren 38%
Other 1%

January 20, 2020 - Elizabeth Warren ends presidential bid, endorses President Warner

BOSTON, MA - Senator Elizabeth Warren ended her 2020 presidential bid and endorsed the re-election of President Mark Warner.

President Warner secures Democratic Presidential Nomination

RICHMOND, VA - President Mark Warner secured his party's nomination for a second term as President. "For the past four years, our administration has reduced taxes and balanced the budget while still investing in health care and education. A second term will allow us to move America forward in a way which continues these important investments so our economy can continue to grow. In another four years, I hope to be able to finally sign marriage equality into law, reduce the payroll tax on workers, generate a federal surplus, reform medicare and medicaid on a bi-partisian basis, and work to continue to build strong alliances globally" Warner stated.

January 22, 2020 - Marco Rubio ends presidential bid

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Republican Presidential Candidate Marco Rubio announced he was ending his 2020 presidential campaign after failing to win early primaries. Rubio said he would endorse the eventual GOP Presidential Nominee.

January 23, 2020 - Former President Bush backs Rick Santorum

BOCA RATON, FL - Former President George W. Bush endorsed Rick Santorum's 2020 presidential campaign at an event in Florida. "Rick Santorum is a compassionate conservative who helped lead the effort in banning partial-birth abortion, passing the Patriot Act, and appointing conservative justices when I was President of the United States. Rick Santorum is a trusted conservative with the experience and judgement to be the President of the United States" Bush said of Santorum.

January 25, 2020 - Poll finds Giuliani most popular Former President in 27 years

Approval Ratings for Presidents Clinton - Warner
Mark Warner: Approve: 57% Disapprove: 40%
Rudy Giuliani: Approve: 67% Disapprove: 30%
Wesley Clark: Approve: 49% Disapprove: 50%
George W. Bush: Approve: 53% Disapprove: 45%
Bill Clinton: Approve: 61% Disapprove: 30%

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »

January 26, 2020 - Ayotte wins Florida, Nevada

Florida GOP
Kelly Ayotte 37%
Rick Santorum 30%
Scott Walker 20%
Paul Ryan 10%
Rand Paul 2%
Other 1%

Nevada GOP
Kelly Ayotte 36%
Rick Santorum 34%
Scott Walker 21%
Paul Ryan 5%
Rand Paul 3%
Other 1%

Ryan, Paul end presidential bids

Senator Rand Paul and Congressman Paul Ryan ended their 2020 presidential bids.

January 29, 2020 - National poll shows close GOP Race

Rick Santorum 42%
Kelly Ayotte 40%
Scott Walker 15%
Other 3%

February 1, 2020 - Santorum, Ayotte, Walker debate Highlights

"As President of the United States, my top priorities will be reforming our broken tax code, returning power back to states, generating a budget surplus by cutting spending, and ensuring that our country is protected. Unfortunately, Senator Santorum is offering Americans recycled solutions to our nation's problems - he wants to keep our current tax code and his plan doesn't address medicare and medicaid where as I would work with congress to means-test medicare and block-grant medicaid to protect both programs" - Kelly Ayotte

"The choice for Republicans is clear - I'm a consistent conservative who fought for welfare reform, President Bush's foreign policy, the ban on partial-birth abortion, the religious freedom act, reforming social security, and health care savings accounts. My agenda for this country includes real tax relief for workers, a plan to create manufacturing jobs through tax cuts, sending education back to the states, deporting those in this country illegally who have committed other crimes, and signing a constitutional amendment protecting human life into law" - Rick Santorum

"My opponents in this race have been legislators, they haven't been leaders. For eight years, I reduced taxes, took on public-sector unions, increased the number of charter schools, and invested in public safety. This country needs a President with the experience and skills to take on entitlement programs while balancing the budget and keeping taxes low. I pledge, here tonight, that by the end of my first term, we'll have a $500 billion surplus by reforming federal pensions, implementing a 15% flat tax, and cutting a penny of every dollar in federal spending to balance the budget" - Scott Walker

"The reality is, Senator Ayotte has not been an ally of conservatives on a number of issues. She voted for universal backround checks for gun owners, for amnesty for those here illegally, and she voted with this administration in support of federally-funded health insurance clinics, giving more power to the federal government as opposed to states. I have challenged the federal takeover of health care by this administration and other policies which violate the rights of states and individuals" - Rick Santorum

"My opponents talk a lot about their votes. Senator Santorum is a big spender, Senator Ayotte has voted with Democrats on issues ranging from gun control to health insurance. But, the question is really, who can lead, who can balance budgets, reform entitlements, defend our country, preserve our values, who has that experience? I have led, for eight years, and I cut taxes, reformed entitlements, and in my last two years in office, generated surpluses. It's time for a real conservative leader in Washington D.C." - Scott Walker

"My record on the issues is clear - As a state attorney general, I took on planned parenthood and those who abused the poor, sick, and elderly. As a U.S. Senator, I helped the Giuliani administration write the Regulatory Reform Act and pass tax cuts which led to the creation of 10.5 million new jobs. I've gone on three diplomatic missions overseas for both the Giuliani administration twice and this administration once. I took on this administration's proposed tax increase and won, and we cut spending instead of raising taxes to prevent a deficit. I have the record, experience, and judgement to serve as President of the United States" - Kelly Ayotte

"My ability to win is clear, I won three statewide elections in one of the most liberal states in this country running as a conservative republican. People knew me as a leader who could balance budgets without raising taxes. I have always been honest with folks and told them where I stand on the issues. I'm a staunch fiscal conservative who is not afraid to defend tax reform and relief, reforms to entitlement programs, and balanced budgets. I will challenge the broken promises of this administration, and we will win in the fall" - Scott Walker

"In New Hampshire, I won two statewide elections in a swing state by running as a reformer. The key to winning this election is by reaching out to all voters, not just republicans, across this country. President Warner has yet to deliver real tax relief, positive education reform, leadership on entitlements, or a budget surplus - these are all things he promised us in 2016. I will contrast that with my tax reform plan, support for returning education to states, and my entitlement reform agenda. I'll also run to balance the budget, and cap federal spending to move towards a surplus. My record of fighting for tax cuts, fewer regulations, and smaller government will contrast well with the President, I can win in November with the support of the Giuliani coalition" - Kelly Ayotte

"President Giuliani, both in 2008 and 2012, reached out to millions of Americans who never voted Republican before. He proposed a bold vision, his record of accomplishments, and told people they were part of a reform movement. I intend to use the Giuliani model, which helped him win two historic landslides, to win in 2020. Conservatives across this country realize I'm one of them, and that's why I'm winning their votes. But, we also need to reach out to independents and democrats to win nationally. Five times, I won statewide victories in a swing state, Pennsylvania. President Warner won Pennsylvania by three percentage points in 2016, yet I won a seven-point victory in my re-election race in 2018, I can carry Pennsylvania and other swing states this year" - Rick Santorum
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2014, 12:41:17 PM »

February 5, 2020 - Santorum wins trio of primaries

Colorado
Rick Santorum 41%
Kelly Ayotte 39%
Scott Walker 19%
Other 1%

Minnesota
Rick Santorum 50%
Scott Walker 39%
Kelly Ayotte 10%
Other 1%

Missouri
Rick Santorum 45%
Kelly Ayotte 40%
Scott Walker 12%
Other 3%

Scott Walker ends presidential bid, backs Rick Santorum for President

DENVER, CO - Scott Walker ended his 2020 presidential bid and endorsed Rick Santorum for President, calling Santorum "a trusted conservative."

February 7, 2020 - Santorum, Ayotte declare victory on Super Tuesday

States won by Rick Santorum
Alaska - Santorum 57% Ayotte 40%
Wyoming - Santorum 67% Ayotte 30%
Idaho - Santorum 65% Ayotte 32%
Tennessee - Santorum 55% Ayotte 44%
Oklahoma - Santorum 59% Ayotte 40%
North Dakota - Santorum 72% Ayotte 25%
Ohio - Santorum 48% Ayotte 45%
Georgia - Santorum 54% Ayotte 44%
Arizona - Santorum 51% Ayotte 48%

States won by Kelly Ayotte
California - Ayotte 50% Santorum 48%
Maine - Ayotte 49% Santorum 47%
Rhode Island - Ayotte 48% Santorum 45%
Vermont - Ayotte 60% Santorum 39%
Massachusetts - Ayotte 57% Santorum 41%
Delaware - Ayotte 59% Santorum 40%
North Carolina - Ayotte 49% Santorum 48%

February 10, 2020 - Despite 2008 rivalry, Romney backs Santorum for President

MILWAULKEE, WI - Former Vice President Mitt Romney, a 2008 primary rival of Rick Santorum, endorsed the Pennsylvania Senator's bid for the Republican Presidential Nomination. "Now is a time to get behind Rick Santorum as our party's nominee for President. Senator Santorum is a man of conviction and political courage, and he can win the white house this year" Romney, the party's 2016 nominee, said of Santorum. Romney had previously supported Marco Rubio, his 2016 running-mate, for President.

February 14, 2010 - Santorum wins primaries in Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Washington

Wisconsin
Rick Santorum 48%
Kelly Ayotte 45%
Other 7%

Kansas
Rick Santorum 51%
Kelly Ayotte 41%
Other 8%

Nebraska
Rick Santorum 53%
Kelly Ayotte 40%
Other 7%

Washington
Rick Santorum 49%
Kelly Ayotte 47%
Other 4%

February 17, 2020 - Ayotte ends presidential bid at CPAC, pledges support for Rick Santorum

WASHINGTON, DC - During a speech to grassroots conservatives, Senator Kelly Ayotte ended her 2020 presidential campaign and endorsed Rick Santorum for President.

Rick Santorum secures Republican Presidential Nomination

PHILADELPHIA, PA - Senator Rick Santorum secured his party's 2020 presidential nomination. "The general election gives us the opportunity to fight for the values and ideals we believe in while bringing our message of faith, freedom, and family to all corners of this country. Folks, our country deserves a President who fights for the ideals which made America great. We have to reclaim our moral standing, encouraging job creation in all sectors of our economy, and protecting our interests globally. I've spent the past three decades fighting for our values as a society, and now is a time when we must reclaim the values lost because of the failures of this administration to adequately address the challenges we face. Now is a time when we come together and say that government is supposed to do a few things and do them in a way which makes a difference in our lives. But, the federal government is not supposed to be bloated and be large in scope" Santorum told supporters.

February 18, 2020 - President addresses differences between Santorum & him in speech

LEBANON, OH - President Mark Warner addressed the differences between himself and presumptive GOP presidential nominee Rick Santorum during a speech in Ohio. "As President of the United States, my administration's justice department has respected Roe Vs. Wade. My opponent in this election believes that Roe V. Wade should be overturned, and women should be forced to have abortions even in cases of rape and incest. My administration has respected the rights of same-sex couples and strengthened laws against discrimination, Senator Santorum believes the constitution should forbid same-sex marriage. My administration has fought for free trade with countries such as Peru, Columbia, and Ecuador - my opponent voted against all three of those free trade agreements. My administration has fought for more pell grants and higher standards in education, Senator Santorum has opposed more pell grants. My opponent is not a pragmatist like I am, he's a partisian, and that we cannot afford" Warner stated.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »

March 2, 2020 - Former President Rudy Giuliani endorses Rick Santorum for President

JERSEY CITY, NJ - Former President Rudy Giuliani endorsed Rick Santorum for President. "Rick Santorum is a proven fighter for the principles he believes in, and he has the experience to lead our country for the next eight years" Giuliani said of Santorum.

March 25, 2020 - Warner proposes tax cut package

WASHINGTON, DC - President Mark Warner proposed a 15% across the board tax cut which he said he'd pay for by ending most existing tax deductions.

April 2, 2020 - Warner tax cut becomes law

WASHINGTON, DC - President Warner's tax cut package won broad bi-partisian support, though Republicans felt the administration should also have included more small business tax relief in the proposal.

May 1, 2020 - Poll: Warner leads

Warner Approval
Approve: 58%
Disapprove: 38%

General Election
Mark Warner 48%
Rick Santorum 42%

June 23, 2020 - Santorum challenges Warner on energy policy

TAMPA, FL - Senator Rick Santorum, presumptive GOP presidential nominee, challenged the Warner administration's energy policy. "Over the past four years, the cost of gasoline has increased by 17%. This is, in part, because this administration has halted domestic oil drilling on federal lands approved by the previous administration. We need to increase domestic energy productions of oil, coal, and natural gas - this administration has failed, we won't" Santorum said.

July 25, 2020 - Santorum taps Haley for Vice President

PITTSBURG, PA - Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Rick Santorum tapped Nikki Haley, who served as Governor of South Carolina from 2011-2019, to be his running-mate in the 2020 election. "Nikki Haley has a record of strong, conservative leadership in the state of South Carolina, and I know she will make a great Vice President. She's a woman of integrity and intelligence" Santorum said of Haley.

Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2014, 03:25:46 PM »

But Giluani's both Pro Choice and Pro Gay, why would he endorse Santorum?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2014, 06:46:13 PM »

But Giluani's both Pro Choice and Pro Gay, why would he endorse Santorum?

Santorum is now the GOP nominee for President.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies