TIMELINE: 2004-2020 - the heart and soul of both parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:50:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  TIMELINE: 2004-2020 - the heart and soul of both parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: TIMELINE: 2004-2020 - the heart and soul of both parties  (Read 19081 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »

August 2, 2020 - Kelly Ayotte gives RNC keynote address

"The past four years have produced a lot of broken promises from this President. He promised to reform medicare and medicaid, he hasn't. He promised a budget surplus, he hasn't delivered one. He promised Americans a comprehensive energy policy, he went back on his word. He promised to work with Republicans to reform federal pensions, he hasn't done so. Now is a time when we hold this administration accountable, and we'll do so with our votes" - Sen. Kelly Ayotte, speech to Republican National Convention

August 4, 2020 - Haley accepts GOP Vice Presidential Nomination

"Rick Santorum and I commit to the American people that we will protect the values which have made America great. We understand that every life is precious, and we will fight for a constitutional amendment which says as much. We believe that families deserve to keep more of what they earn, so we will fight to reduce individual income and business taxes in America. We believe that education is best left up to states and local individuals, so we'll fight to send educational decisions back to states. We know that America needs strong, conservative leadership and we plan to deliver just that" - Nikki Haley, accepting GOP Vice Presidential Nomination

August 5, 2020 - Rick Santorum accepts Republican Presidential Nomination

"For thirty years, I've been fighting for policies to help every single American realize the American dream. I've been fighting for principles that matter to American families. I've been fighting for our country's national security interests. Today, America is at a crossroads. We can continue to accept the status-quo, the average, the current national situation as inevitable, or we as a people can aim higher. We can broaden our aspirations and grow our economy, protect our country, and defend our values as a people. Tonight, I ask you to stand with me for a brighter future, for great days ahead, for an America which realizes it's full potential to stand up for what is just and right in this world while broadening prosperity and realizing our values here at home" - Rick Santorum, accepting GOP Presidential Nomination

August 12, 2020 - Tim Kaine gives DNC Keynote Address

"Our economy is growing and our middle class is thriving. Small businesses are expanding, home ownership levels are increasing, and incomes are rising. Yet, many still struggle to make ends meet. This President has an agenda to help those who hurt. Our opponents measure prosperity by how well Wall Street does, how the top 2% of Americans prosper, and how much profit a corporation makes. They criticize this President because he didn't eliminate taxes on corporations or Wall Street. They live in the past, we seek a better future for all Americans" - Tim Kaine, addressing Democratic National Convention

August 14, 2020 - Vice President Kristen Gillibrand accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"Four years ago, the President and I set out on a mission to continue to broaden prosperity and stand up for human rights and American national security interests in the world. Today, I'm proud to report we have accomplished these goals. But, our work is far from finished. We've increased standards and opportunities in education, yet while the achievement gap has been reduced, it still exists. Millions of women and poor children have gotten the health care they need, yet there are still millions who lack health insurance. Incomes have risen over $800 since 2016, yet the income gap still exists. Our country is making progress on the issues we as Americans care about, but there is more work to be done. Serving for another four years will enable the President and myself to continue to fight to renew America's promise" - Kristen Gillibrand, accepting Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

August 15, 2020 - President Mark Warner accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

"If you listen to our opponents, it's all bad news. Here are the facts. We've reformed social security to save it for future generations. The achievement gap in education is the smallest in thirty years. We've created over 5.2 million new jobs. Median income is up $875. The budget has been balanced every year without raising taxes, in fact we've reduced taxes four times. Government is smaller by over 25,000 employees. In the future, we will work to reform medicaid and medicare, but we won't raise premiums or privatize those critical programs, we'll means test it and give states more say over them. We'll work to reform our broken tax code and make it simple. We'll work together to fight for green technologies. We'll raise the minimum wage for workers. We'll fight for marriage equality. I'm proud of our record and I know working together, as Americans, we can achieve anything" - Mark Warner accepting Democratic Presidential Nomination
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2014, 10:17:49 AM »

September 1, 2020 - Coleman: Supporting President Warner, no reason to support Santorum

WASHINGTON, DC - Former Vice President Norm Coleman, who also served in the U.S. Senate from 2003-2016, said he would be crossing party lines to support President Mark Warner's re-election bid in 2020. "The fact is, the Giuliani administration put in place policies which have revived our nation's economy and this administration has continued those policies, the President and Vice President both broke with their party and voted with President Giuliani, this is a moderate administration, they aren't far left. They've kept taxes low, regulations at a minimal for the most part, and they've implemented the unfinished work of the last administration. I just don't see a reason why Rick Santorum should be President of the United States, he's failed to make that case to the American people since he won the nomination. I served with Rick and like him, but he hasn't made a strong case for his election or even why the President shouldn't be re-elected" Coleman stated. 

September 19, 2020 - Poll: Warner ahead in presidential race

Warner Approval
Approve: 55%
Disapprove: 41%

Presidential Race
Mark Warner 53%
Rick Santorum 43%

October 1, 2020 - Highlights of first presidential debate

"When I took office in 2017, there is no question that America was in an era of prosperity. Today, we still are. For the past decade, this country hasn't had economic growth below 3.1%, we haven't had a recession, and we haven't had a tax increase. Officially, we are in the longest era of economic prosperity in the history of our country. It's because we've invested in our middle class while also keeping taxes low, regulations at a minimum, and government small. I've stood up to my own party and the other party as they've both sought new federal spending" - Mark Warner

"The President keeps on telling you everything is okay. The reality is, over the past 14 months, we've seen signs that our economy is headed into recession. We grew at 3.1% in the first half of this year, compared with 3.5% during the second half of last year. Home values declined last month for the first time since 2009. Last month, our economy had it's worst month of job growth in a decade, we added just 120,000 jobs. Wages fell for the first time in three years. We need honest leadership to get things done to avoid an economic recession" - Rick Santorum

"My opponent has a tax cut plan, but he has not told anyone how he's going to pay for it. He's voted for deficit spending on numerous occasions not only since I've been President, but over the past three decades. The reality is, my opponent is a career politician - I spent two decades of my life in the private sector before entering politics. I know how to balance budgets, and over the past two decades I've fought for balanced budgets in elected office. I've put forth a plan to give us a surplus in two years, my opponent's plan is short on specifics" - Mark Warner

"Four years ago, this President promised you a balanced budget, medicare and medicaid reform, and a real energy policy - we've gotten none of those things. I will cut federal spending by 8% across the board with certain exceptions for defense and our veterans to generate a budget surplus next year. I will fight to means test medicare and means test it while encouraging charity to help reduce the cost of medicaid. I'll also use my attorney general to crack down on fraud and abuse for both programs, that would save us well over $1 trillion over the next decade. My energy policy is very clear - allow for more oil exploration and give state's more money to encourage clean coal, natural gas, and nuclear power" - Rick Santorum

"I voted for, and as President have continued, the Giuliani administration's health care plan. Additionally, we increased funding for SCHIP and federally approved health care clinics - the number of uninsured Americans has dropped by a third since I'm President and the cost of health care is higher but below the rate of inflation when compared to when I took office. In the next four years, I plan on fighting to make sure health care companies cover those who can't afford it under the age of 24 on their parents plans, and I'm going to create a new health care tax credit for individuals who seek their own plan as opposed to sticking to employer-based insurance" - Mark Warner

"As President of the United States, I will create a culture that embraces family, life, and freedom. I believe in the pro-life position, it's a conviction I hold deeply and it's one I believe Americans hold deeply. I support the institution of marriage as being between one man and one woman, but I'll enforce laws against discrimination in the workplace, of course. We are a society that embraces family, believes in faith, and loves our freedom. As President, I will reflect those ideals" - Rick Santorum
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2014, 10:25:36 PM »

October 10, 2020 - Vice Presidential Debate Highlights

"From opposing a woman's right to choose and marriage equality to supporting massive deficit spending and a failed education policy, Rick Santorum's record in the United States Senate is clear: he appeals to the far right of the Republican Party, but not to the vast majority of Americans. We need a President and a Vice President who will work with both parties to find common ground" - Kristen Gillibrand

"This administration has made promises to the American people, and Americans are tired of the administration not living up to those promises. Rick Santorum and I believe that we should protect American national security interests, provide tax relief to grow our economy, make our country independent of foreign sources of energy, and reform medicare and medicaid in order to protect those programs for our seniors" - Nikki Haley

"The President and I have presided over an era in which more Americans have found work, found a home, and incomes are rising. Over the next four years, we do need to reform medicare and medicaid - but we can't do it on the backs of hard working Americans, we need to slow the growth of both programs for higher income individuals and allow states to have more flexibility and control over both programs, but we can not privatize or completely block-grant each program. We also need to raise the minimum wage, fight for marriage equality, cut payroll taxes on workers again, and continue to make college education more affordable in another term" - Kristen Gillibrand

"Rick Santorum and I have pledged to the American people that protecting our values as Americans will be our top priority. Unlike this administration, we will place tough sanctions on North Korea once and for all. We will ensure that North Korea adheres to human rights, which they have violated. We also want to ensure that free trade agreements are enforced so American workers aren't getting a raw deal. Let's create jobs and protect our values, be it our constitution, our morals, or our standing around the world" - Nikki Haley

October 23, 2020 - Second Presidential Debate Highlights

"The reality is, I have been a staunch supporter of sanctions against North Korea in the United States Senate, this administration has opposed sanctions for three years now. Human rights violations are occurring in North Korea, and the North Korean's intent on getting a nuclear weapon threaten our interests - I will stop North Korea from obtaining such a nuclear weapon with sanctions and by getting the international community to join us in condemning North Korea, this administration has ignored the international community in this respect" - Rick Santorum

"My opponent discusses sanctions against North Korea, my administration has enforced the sanctions against North Korea put in place during the Giuliani administration. These have been the toughest sanctions ever against the North Koreans in terms of affecting their economy and their ability to obtain nuclear weaponry. My opponent voted for those sanctions, but now says they don't go far enough despite saying they were the toughest sanctions against North Korea ever when he voted for them in 2014" - Mark Warner

"My administration will be committed to ensuring that nuclear weapons do not get in the wrong hands. We'll place sanctions on any regime that seeks nuclear weapons and we'll fight with our allies to eliminate nuclear weapons from those who wish us harm. The United States cannot afford to allow weapons to get in the hands of outlaw regimes" - Rick Santorum

"For four years, my administration has increased funding for Homeland Security and we've begun to implement the previous administration's policies as it relates to expanding our armed forces and human intelligence services. America is investing in our national security and our country is safer for it. I will continue to defend this country with every tool at our disposal. Additionally, my administration has increased aid to countries where genocide is present by $10 billion annually - we are standing up for human rights" - Mark Warner

October 27, 2020 - Final Presidential Debate Highlights

"I've become known as a leader in the fight for the sanctity of human life, a strong national defense, and against waste and abuse in government programs. I hope to use the experience I've had in the United States Senate to lead our country in a time of great opportunity. The fact of the matter is, this President has broken promises to run on, I have a record of standing up for the principles which have made America great" - Rick Santorum

"I've tried, everyday as President of the United States, to fight for the American people. I've worked with Republicans to reduce the payroll tax, balance the federal budget, improve public education with more local aid and accountability, and I've worked with Democrats to expand health care access, fight for environmental protection, and cut  taxes on workers. Over the next four years, I commit to making college more affordable, fighting for marriage equality, raising the minimum wage, reforming medicare and medicaid the right way, and cutting taxes on workers yet again" - Mark Warner

"I believe in free trade, but I believe in enforcing unfair trade agreements. Since 1991, I've literally supported hundreds of free trade agreements while only opposing five, of which none had any provisions for proper enforcement to protect our workers. So, I'm afraid the President is completely misleading the country on that" - Rick Santorum

"Senator Santorum has voted for trillions in deficit spending, he voted against cutting taxes on working families fifteen times, he's flip-flopped on gun control, he voted against federal funding of stem-cell research, he's voted against marriage equality, he refuses to support a woman's right to choose, he has voted against raising the minimum wage, and he has changed his position on the Giuliani/Warner sanctions towards North Korea. It seems that Senator Santorum has simply been in Washington for too long" - Mark Warner

Election Day 2020 - President Warner re-elected

Mark Warner / Kristen Gillibrand (D) 52% 297 EV
Rick Santorum / Nikki Haley (R) 47% 241 EV
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2014, 08:20:06 PM »

Stop with the bias. Santorum is an ultra-conservative and Halley would have had a terrible record. I suspect that Warner would win with a great margin. He would easily get something like 300 EVs.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2014, 07:37:29 AM »

Stop with the bias. Santorum is an ultra-conservative and Halley would have had a terrible record. I suspect that Warner would win with a great margin. He would easily get something like 300 EVs.

As a Republican, I fully agree.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »

I agree. Mark Warner would probably pick up as least North Carolina, Iowa and Pennsylvania against Rick Santorum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies