Favourite latest post by previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:14:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91740 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: September 29, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »

I'm no fan of his foreign policy, but Jimmy Carter did help to initiate a lot of necessary neoliberal economic reforms after Nixon's disastrous policies.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1151 on: September 29, 2015, 02:42:53 PM »

By virtue of not being a communist, obviously yes. However, calling yourself "anticommunist" is a pretty meaningless term in the modern U.S.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1152 on: September 29, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »

Jeb: (deeply depressed, reading polling numbers) This is unbelieveable! How can I be trailing Jim Gilmore?
dudabides: This is just a minor setback. Initial incumbency problems, you see. The people will soon realize that you were a Governor of a large state nine years ago, you're Hispanic-in-law and you have a royal name.
Jeb: Why nobody does take me seriously?
George: Jebby, Jebby, Jebby... I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you're out of your league. You might have been able to handle such a small and undemanding field in Florida, but you'll never be able to play with big boys.
Jeb: WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BE THE SMART ONE FOR JUST ONE TIME?!
George: As I said, you're not dense enough. Now, if your name was George, you'd stand a chance.
dudeabides: Mr. President, I just came up with a brilliant idea!
Jeb: (hopeful) Yes?
dudeabides: We'll take a credit for killing Krampus. You say you sent a SEAL team to take him out.
George: Why do you have to steal my accomplishments? Roll Eyes
dudeabides: That was Obama's.
George: But I was totally going to do this in due time Roll Eyes
Jeb: This is going long enough. It's time to present an ultimate ultimatum. Put Tender on line.
Tender: Hello? Wink
Jeb: Tender, this is President Bush.
George: Great, now he's also stealing my name Roll Eyes
Jeb: Listen carefully. Cards on the table. If you won't disband your Blaxican troops immediately, I'll retaliate against you in Yemen.
Tender: Wink
Jeb: STOP THESE CREEPY EMOTICONS WHEN WE'RE ON THE PHONE!
Tender: Just because I don't share your naive left-leftist Marxist Islamofascist ideology = you must terminate him Roll Eyes Wink
Jeb: That's it, I quit! I can stand everything, but I will not let some creep calling me a Marxist!
dudeabides: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Chief of Staff jumps off the window.

dudeabides: I REGRET NO POSTS! (hit the floor)
George: OK, Jebby, time to stop playing games. You to your room, I'm the President now.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #1153 on: September 29, 2015, 04:01:22 PM »

Context: Alabama vs Mississippi.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1154 on: September 29, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »

My odds:

Marco Rubio 28%
Jeb Bush 25%
Joe Biden 23%
Hillary Clinton 19%
Someone else 5%

The fact that you see that Rubio is more likely than Jeb makes me wonder why you're even supporting Jeb anymore.

I don't base my opinions on polls and I can separate my personal views with analyzing a situation. I support Bush but I also like Rubio. 

Just don't ruin Rubio for me when Jeb drops out and you pick someone else to hack for, okay?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1155 on: September 29, 2015, 07:54:48 PM »

I'm no fan of his foreign policy, but Jimmy Carter did help to initiate a lot of necessary neoliberal economic reforms after Nixon's disastrous policies.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1156 on: October 01, 2015, 10:34:51 AM »

A very noncontroversial poster, which can be good or bad. In his case, it certainly is good.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1157 on: October 01, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1158 on: October 03, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

He's basically proven guilty by now, TBH.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1159 on: October 03, 2015, 06:32:07 PM »

What Sanchez said isn't necessarily that bad.  I don't think the deaths caused by drunk driving  (which are terrible and tragic) justify banning alcohol.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1160 on: October 03, 2015, 06:35:15 PM »

I don't see what's so "interesting" about conservative nutjobs winning. We've had plenty of those in past elections.

In fact, it seems that after TR the only American candidates who got elected were the most extreme ones. Lugar winning would actually be more original.

I guess Atlas currently has a hard-on for protectionism.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1161 on: October 03, 2015, 07:27:18 PM »

RADICAL CHANGES - 2000 TO 2056 ELECTORAL TIMELINE

Season 3 - The 2002 Midterm Elections

The Results are In! - Part 10

Analysis of the 2002 Midterm Elections

Overall, the results of the 2002 United States Midterm elections were great news for the Democrats, with President Gore's party doing relatively well in an election cycle generally toxic for the party of the incumbent Commander in Chief. Though the Republicans held the House with an extremely small 219-216 margin (Independent Representatives Bernie Sanders and Gatewood Galbraith both decided to caucus with Gore's party), the Democrats were able to hold their majority in the Senate, with 51 Democratic Senators (including Independent Jim Jeffords of Vermont) compared to the GOP's 49. Furthermore, the Democrats easily captured the majority of the nation's governorships, boasting 28 Governors compared to the Republicans' 21 and one governorship (that of Tim Penny in Minnesota) won by an Independent. The following is a complete analysis of the 2002 Midterm Elections:

Governorships:

In a hectic gubernatorial election cycle widely regarded as one of the most tumultuous in recent history, a total of fifteen gubernatorial pickups were seen this year, with only twenty-one governorships being held by a member of the incumbent party. Clearly victorious overall in the gubernatorial column, Democrats came out with eleven pickups in the states of Arizona, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, while Republicans only picked up four governorships, specifically those in Alabama, Alaska, New Hampshire, and South Carolina. However, Republicans were also able to hold a significant portion of the governorships up for grabs, keeping thirteen in their column while Democrats could only say the same of seven. Meanwhile, the state of Minnesota certainly saw an interesting scenario, with victorious Independence Party candidate Tim Penny holding the seat formerly held by fellow Independence Party member Jesse Ventura. As an outcome of the gubernatorial results in 2002, the Democrats captured a majority of the Governors' Mansions, winning 28 total compared to 21 for the GOP and one for the Independence Party. The following is a map of the 2002 gubernatorial races (60% is a hold and 30% is a pickup), followed by a general map of current gubernatorial party affiliations.

The historically large amount of party switches in this year's gubernatorial election cycle most likely comes as a result of significant geopolitical affiliation trends between 1998 (the year in which these offices were last up for grabs) and 2002, by which time the progressiveness of President Gore caused a noticeable pro-Democratic shift in the Northern, Pacific Coast, and Atlantic Coast regions, along with a pro-GOP shift in the South likely due to many pro-Clinton Southern conservatives seeing Gore's liberality as an affront to traditional Southern values.

Senate:

Unlike the results in the gubernatorial column, very few pickups were seen in the Senate this election cycle, with each party winning two seats previously held in the other. While the Republicans did see more victories specifically in this election cycle, the Democrats held their majority in the Senate, with seats in Senate Classes 1 and 3 giving Gore's party a 51-49 advantage over the GOP (Independent Jim Jeffords of Vermont currently caucuses with the Democrats). The following is a map of all 2002 Senate races, followed by an overall map of each Senator's party affiliation by state (grey indicates one Republican and one Democrat, while blue and red indicate both Senators coming from the same party - Republicans blue and Democrats red.

As with the gubernatorial races, the Senate results indicate a pro-Democratic shift in the Northern and Coastal regions due to Gore's popularity as a progressive president, while the South continues its Republican trend due to seeing Gore's policy as a betrayal of traditional Southern values.

House:

While the Gubernatorial and Senate results came as major victories for the Democrats, a disappointment for President Gore's party found itself in the House of Representatives, where Republicans were able to hold onto their majority by a slim 219-216 margin (Independents Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Gatewood Galbraith of Kentucky both caucus with the Democrats). The following is a map indicating which party now controls the majority of House seats in each state (grey indicates a tie between Democrats and Republicans; percentages indicate by what margin the majority party is in the lead in each state).

The results in the House of Representatives confirm the geopolitical trend seen in tonight's races, with Northern states trending Democratic as an affirmation to Gore's policies and Southern states trending Republican as a rebuttal.

Summary:

Overall, the results of the 2002 Midterm Elections came as good news for the party of President Gore, with Democrats winning majorities in both the Gubernatorial and Senatorial columns, as well as expanding their numbers in that of the House of Representatives. Furthermore, the 2002 election results confirmed a lasting geopolitical trend in the nation, with the pro-Democratic trend of Northern and Coastal areas being balanced out by a pro-Republican one in the South (this is likely due to the varying popularity of President Gore and his policy throughout the nation).

As the beginning of the 108th Congress approaches, Democrats should be expecting a slightly easier legislative path ahead, as they are close to controlling the House and have affirmed their majority in the Senate. However, many challenges for the nation and both parties lie ahead, with economic conditions, social progression, and terrorism both domestically and abroad all acting as catalysts to what is sure to be a contentious next few years. All of these factors, along with the mysterious rise of two powerful new political factions in our nation's midst, are sure to carry with them a host of difficult, vehement, and potentially revolutionizing radical changes in the United States of America.

Season 3 - The 2002 Midterm Elections is now over. Season 4 - Let the Changes Begin has commenced.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1162 on: October 03, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »

He's basically proven guilty by now, TBH.
Ya never know 50+ women may all be just making up stories.
Regardless of our personal beliefs, every person in this nation is entitled to a fair trial, and until they are convicted, we have to assume that they are innocent, no matter the evidence.

So if if a serial killer gets acquitted at trial, but later solid evidence is uncovered on his guilt, and he even admits it, the public isn't supposed to hate him just because he wasn't convicted in court?  

That reasoning is ridiculous.  People rightfully hate people like Bill Cosby and George Zimmerman, even if they aren't legally convicted.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1163 on: October 03, 2015, 08:12:20 PM »

It called me Neo-liberal and a Centrist, which is pretty much the antithesis of my views

Junk test.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1164 on: October 03, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »

Since this is not 1984, you don't get to decide what's news and what isn't.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1165 on: October 03, 2015, 09:00:41 PM »

lol

or

Take your smelly brown ass and burito farts outta here and go back to Nepal.

jk

no, seriously. this one:

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1166 on: October 04, 2015, 11:21:25 PM »

I love you (no homo), but these kind of posts are probably the reason why people open threads named "Let's talk about darthebearnc".
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1167 on: October 04, 2015, 11:29:10 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1168 on: October 05, 2015, 12:00:36 AM »

Lots of awesomely atrocious gerrymandered maps to choose from, but this one takes the cake:

Illinois:

Its already been done that you can exceed 99% Obama in Chicago's black neighborhoods, but this is just godly (yes, there is a narrow path out of that Tazewell County area):

67.0% McCain
31.4% Obama
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1169 on: October 05, 2015, 12:15:07 AM »

Lots of awesomely atrocious gerrymandered maps to choose from, but this one takes the cake:

Illinois:

Its already been done that you can exceed 99% Obama in Chicago's black neighborhoods, but this is just godly (yes, there is a narrow path out of that Tazewell County area):

67.0% McCain
31.4% Obama
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1170 on: October 05, 2015, 12:25:18 AM »

That's cheating. Sad

OK, fair enough:

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1171 on: October 05, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »

That's not the same as "FF until proven HP".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1172 on: October 05, 2015, 12:32:25 AM »

Thank you, I will make sure to cut this out.

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1173 on: October 05, 2015, 01:52:57 AM »

I always have had a soft spot for Landrieu.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1174 on: October 05, 2015, 01:56:11 AM »

^ Oh please. Stop beating a dead horse. Yes, unfortunately for the People, they threw out their champion. Lucky in 2018, they'll have a good chance to correct things.

RIP People's Pat
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies