Favourite latest post by previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:25:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91719 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: September 04, 2016, 07:41:12 AM »

1. Establishment of Constantinople as its own independent country and making it a Christian city.
2. Recognition of Taiwan as the True Heir to China.
3. Recognition of Tibet
4. Recognition of Biblical Israel and Naming it the Jewish State
5. Recognition of Kurdistan
6. Recognition of Bavaria

Aren't you Catholic? Why the dispensationalism?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1351 on: September 04, 2016, 07:42:10 AM »

3) It advocates 'making a personal plan' about your sexual activity in middle school,

what the Christ
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1352 on: January 25, 2017, 09:15:49 PM »

Context:

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1353 on: January 25, 2017, 10:16:38 PM »

This is fiscal conservatism at its finest. Republicans bitch and moan as nausem about the deficit and national debt until they get elected. Once that happens, deficits and debt don't matter anymore, and they embark on a GOP spending spree complete with tax cuts for the rich. But growth is supposed to balance the budget when we do it this time even though it's exploded the deficit and national debt the last several times we've tried.
What is supposed to happen:

Recession hits: Taxes are cut, spending increased to stimulate economy

Recession fades: Increase taxes a bit, decrease spending

Good economy: Raise taxes back to normal, spending back to normal to pay all accumulated debt

---

What actually happens:

During a slight downturn in the economy, like in 2001/2002, Republican cut taxes way in excess of what would be need to make up the recession, and then proceed to declare a useless war, ballooning the budget. Then, when a larger recession hits due to deregulation of financial industries and corruption, they blame the next Democratic President, who is forced to increase spending and balloon the debt again, when it was completely their own fault.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1354 on: January 25, 2017, 10:22:21 PM »

A Super Mario 64 Medley from the Orchestre de Jeux Video.

Amazing how kickbutt the Bowser music is with actual instruments.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1355 on: January 27, 2017, 11:35:12 AM »

Aussies are tremendous sh!tposters, but they can also be huge jerks.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1356 on: January 27, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »

You know that posting this stuff doesn't make you seem loyal or passionate or principled. You just seem deranged and unhinged. There are plenty of politicians I admire, and there are plenty of causes I feel passionate about, but crying because you won't get to vote for Obama again? That's just a little childish don't you think?

Don't get me wrong, I like Obama a whole lot. But shucks, tears are a bit much for a grown man in his thirties.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1357 on: January 27, 2017, 01:42:45 PM »

We're Getting Our Act Together and Sticking It in Your Face
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1358 on: January 27, 2017, 01:47:20 PM »

Got the Cheers reference, I see? Tongue
(skip)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1359 on: January 27, 2017, 02:04:50 PM »

Atlasia Census
January 27, 2017

ACPFedHFPLabUAIndOthTotal
North11232168758
South21902235354
Fremont0942047953
Total340763132019165

Not into Atlasia anymore, but Census work is always commendable.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1360 on: January 27, 2017, 02:07:14 PM »

Atlasia Census
January 27, 2017

ACPFedHFPLabUAIndOthTotal
North11232168758
South21902235354
Fremont0942047953
Total340763132019165

Tongue
(skip, again)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1361 on: January 27, 2017, 02:10:26 PM »

Oh, uh, sorry. Tongue

Absolutely disgusting. I assume Trump and everyone who supports it forgot that Europe was, less than a century ago, a war-ridden region where everyone fought everyone and millions died. The EU brought it peace and prosperity, but maybe Trump wants to see some good ol' war there.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1362 on: January 27, 2017, 02:18:03 PM »

F**king activist judges. I'm starting to think Berlusconi had a point.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1363 on: January 27, 2017, 02:21:29 PM »

If you're cis, straight and white, there is no reason to believe they're privileged.

I'm bisexual, and I don't think this "privilege" nonsense is a legitimate thing to whine about.

I mean, you're also white, male, and (((presumably affluent))).

Using buzzwords too? Sad!

Isn't the stereotype for jews "fat rich banker" and not merely "affluent".

If you're cis, straight and white, there is no reason to believe they're privileged.

I'm bisexual, and I don't think this "privilege" nonsense is a legitimate thing to whine about.

I mean, you're also white, male, and presumably affluent.

1. Not rich or even upper middle class.
2. I'm not even considered to be completely "white" by Jewish subculture stereotypes (I'm mizrahi according to the awkward ethnic divisions within Judaism and Jewish culture).
3. Also arguable that being Jewish could be put in a different category then being white (not that I'd argue this because IDGAF, but I like popping holes in faulty logic presented by leftists).

Though, I do Identify as being white, but clearly it's more complicated then you or others think. Also, there is literally nothing wrong with being white or male.

This is literally why 2016 went the way of Trump. This game of oppression Olympics is disgusting. Utterly disgusting.

No group's suffering is inherently worth more then another group's suffering.  There is also nothing wrong being white, male, straight, christian or jewish, or anything else the far-left thinks is "too normal."

Being white makes your life easier then it would be if you were black. Being male makes life easier then being female. Being cis makes life easier then being trans(esp. if nonbinary). These are simple facts.

Alright, i'm sorry, but I can't deal with this crap.

My family immigrated to this country. My Paternal Grandparents were proud union members who taught themselves english. They worked for every penny. They two homes in their lives so far and have lived amazing lives after putting in so much work in.

My Mom has the foreign equivalent of the American GED. My Dad either has only a high school diploma, or a GED (idr atm). My mother has lived in three countries. Had to learn 2 different languages before she was 25 (she knows 2 fluently, one semi-fluently, and one conversationally - 4 total). My dad went to a majority black high school in a impoverished neighborhood. He was able to have a very successful career for many years - he's struggling a bit now - but for someone with his background he has done damn good. My mom, she was a homemaker who later decided to go work and she has done amazing in everything she's done since (even if they aren't considered to be amazing jobs.)

My parents bought two homes in the early 2000's - sold one of them due to financial struggles and went bankrupt on another. We still pushed through and persevered. They forced my sister and me to get a good high school education and prepared us to go to college  - even though they didn't know anything about the college process or how to navigate it.

My sister and I, and my cousins as well, certainly had a MUCH easier upbringing then our parents and grandparents but we still go through challenges that many people - regardless of race or sexuality - in today's America consider "easy" to navigate through. I was a first generation college student. My sister is one of the first women in my family to go a four year college - she's also one of the only Jews at her school.

At my college graduation I heard my fellow students babble about how college was a joke and that they hated that they even had to be at commencement. Meanwhile my family drove up to my college, showed up to commencement hours early, with all of the kids, and celebrate something that they didn't have the opportunity to achieve themselves. On that day I was never more mad then I was at that moment to hear people belittle something that millions of people didn't have an opportunity to do. Belittling something they should be proud to have been able to accomplish.

I remember that feeling when I tried to off myself last October. That's one of the reasons I wound up calling my friends to help me save myself.  

No one in my family ever had it easy. We've all had very different problems and issues in our individual lives. We aren't your stereotypical Republican voters. We aren't your stereotypical people.

Yet, none of us complain that society is stacked against us. No one in my family ever told us that we had a worse deck of cards because our family speaks a different language. My parents were raised to be proud of where they lived, how they grew up and to cherish all of their experiences without any ounce of bitterness. My family - all of us - have American flags waving outside of our homes/apartments. Because that's what separates grown ups from people living in bubbles.

So, you don't get to tell my family or me that we are privileged. Or that they had it easier then other groups of people.

I know you are young and I think you are generally a very good poster but making assumptions about people you don't know is generally not a good idea.

I'm not saying your life isn't hard. I'm not saying everyone is equal or has the same opportunity. But, stop judging people because of who they are. And yes, being white, male and/or straight is a unique experience, even if it's not what the left thinks is "unique."
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1364 on: January 27, 2017, 02:51:57 PM »

The worst type of comedian: the female comic who insists that anyone who doesn't find her funny is a sexist. Amy Schumer is moving in that direction. Sad!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1365 on: January 27, 2017, 02:52:44 PM »

It's weird to see right leaning people suddenly liking this guy and calling him "rational" and "bipartisan".
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1366 on: January 27, 2017, 02:58:41 PM »

Only if you pay for my gender reassignment surgery so that I can become a lesbian.
Welcome to the team. Wink
(damn got ninja'd. skip)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1367 on: January 27, 2017, 02:59:27 PM »

No offense, but I see you making fun of people who are pro-life in every thread. I know you're solidly pro-choice and very liberal in general, but there's really no need to be so snarky. At least try to understand and respect the other side of the argument as well, even if you disagree with them. Your condescending one-liners aren't going to change anyone's mind.

Agreed.  For a similar reason, even though I am staunchly anti-abortion and consider it a grave, grave offense, I have no interest in going around and calling people I disagree with "baby-killers" or using inflammatory rhetoric - it undermines the true issue (personhood) and generally heats up the argument without actually moving the argument forward.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1368 on: January 27, 2017, 03:04:07 PM »

I appreciate the remark.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1369 on: January 27, 2017, 04:43:19 PM »

Kingpoleon, I see your 72 days in a year and a half, and I raise you 104 days in 14 months.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1370 on: January 27, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »

I had my doubts about becoming an Adventurer, but now, now I can watch as Finn and Jake go through dungeons, as Lemons eat Unacceptable Lemons, Braindead Kings write fanfiction about it all...mmmhmmm.

Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #1371 on: January 27, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »

FDR would certainly approve of punching BRTD.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #1372 on: January 27, 2017, 06:36:16 PM »

-Though any of his past seven posts are great.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1373 on: January 27, 2017, 06:58:27 PM »

-Clinton probably read Her website. Not sure about Trump..
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1374 on: January 27, 2017, 07:04:55 PM »

Hetero sex should be banned. Gay sex should be the law of the land.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies