Favourite latest post by previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:59:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56]
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91726 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: January 27, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »

F, it was like seeing a hurricane take form of a human, make it even more emotionally unstable and unleash it upon institutions that are essential for Democracy, free trade, the global institutions that prevent many wars, and the very concept of facts. So yeah, total wreckage.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1376 on: January 27, 2017, 09:00:23 PM »

Well, the only precinct in Manhattan that voted Trump was a weird sliver in Midtown that had fourteen votes. Republicans do better (25%-ish of the vote) in the whiter, more affluent areas - 5th Avenue, East Midtown, etc. However, once they get super-rich they somehow turn Democrat again (something with the Jewish vote maybe?) Indeed, with very little exception, the whiter the precinct, the more Republican.

So generally, fiscally conservative WASPs.
Waterfall
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1377 on: January 27, 2017, 11:17:10 PM »

As an example of a sentence that makes no sense:

Damn right it makes no sense!
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1378 on: January 27, 2017, 11:22:45 PM »

My wife just told me she read that Richard Spencer actually got punched in the face twice. I asked if it got captured on video the second time, but she didn't know. This got me thinking...

If there are eventually enough videos of Richard Spencer getting punched in the face to edit them together into a feature-length film, do y'all think people would pay $16 to go see it in IMAX?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1379 on: January 27, 2017, 11:25:46 PM »

Only if you pay for my gender reassignment surgery so that I can become a lesbian.
Welcome to the team. Wink
Actually using this now. Tongue
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1380 on: January 28, 2017, 12:11:39 AM »

I don't even know what the context of this is, but:

Kingpoleon, I see your 72 days in a year and a half, and I raise you 104 days in 14 months.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1381 on: January 28, 2017, 12:14:35 AM »

My prediction for what will actually happen: http://www.270towin.com/2018-senate-election/29JGB8

Republicans end up with a 54-46 majority (gaining MO/IN/ND and losing NV). Obviously a lot of those are tossups though. I actually think McCaskill shouldn't be underestimated; I don't think her huge win in 2012 was purely because of Akin being terrible.

Regarding Baker and Hogan being SUPER-POPULAR:

1. Why would they even run? They have a pretty good shot at re-election as Governor, so why risk losing a national election? It would make more sense for Baker to run against Markey in 2020 (and he would also lose against him, but at least he has nothing to lose at that point).
2. The reason why they're popular is because they don't have to do much as Governor due to the huge majorities held by the Democrats in those states. In a Senate race, once voters realize what policies they would actually vote for in Washington, they'll vote to keep them home. Also, just because 74% of Marylanders approve of Hogan doesn't mean they're super-enthusiastic about him.

I mean, sure, if I were the GOP, I'd probably try to recruit Baker and Hogan for 2018. But don't expect them to win.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1382 on: January 28, 2017, 12:18:32 AM »

I don't think that punishing schools that do poorly by further stripping them of resources and incentives to work in them somehow makes them better schools, no. (Also "stuff the school with more bad students" wtf. Do you understand what the point of public education is?)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1383 on: January 28, 2017, 11:27:55 AM »

Yes, except:
A.this is very very targeted manipulations we're talking about here.  It's not going to be poisonous because they aren't putting the genes for poison in.
2.even if by some unknown by science at this time mechanism somehow makes hornless milk cows highly toxic or whatever (which is totally impossible, but I'm humoring you here) they'd notice it in the texting

The FDA is there precisely to check and make sure that all those "totally impossible" things don't actually end up happening. Which, as we have seen, they sometimes do.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1384 on: January 28, 2017, 11:32:27 AM »

Well, the only precinct in Manhattan that voted Trump was a weird sliver in Midtown that had fourteen votes. Republicans do better (25%-ish of the vote) in the whiter, more affluent areas - 5th Avenue, East Midtown, etc. However, once they get super-rich they somehow turn Democrat again (something with the Jewish vote maybe?) Indeed, with very little exception, the whiter the precinct, the more Republican.

So generally, fiscally conservative WASPs.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1385 on: January 28, 2017, 11:40:51 AM »

It's hard to say, considering that a map which has Alabama and Vermont both voting with each other and against both Georgia and Massachusetts looks vary different from any modern or historical political divide I can tihnk of.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1386 on: January 28, 2017, 12:43:18 PM »

Plain rice cakes with peanut butter, cinnamon, and banana are heavenly.

We agree on something, for once. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1387 on: January 28, 2017, 01:42:00 PM »

When I was in favor of outlawing abortion, I simply understood it as whether or not people should allowed to end the life of a fetus.  That's obviously morally wrong, so I felt that people should not be allowed to make that choice.

My views changed as I realized the issue was more complex, and that abortion policies greatly affected the mother and her well-being.  I'm pro-choice now largely because abortion resrictions have the potential to greatly endanger women physically, even when the exception for the mother's life is supposedly there. 

I do find the whole issue morally troubling, but I'm not simply "morally-opposed, legally in favor" because I consider moral arguments on the mother's safety to be the the primary issue.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1388 on: January 28, 2017, 02:03:15 PM »

F-ck you, John Kasich, for not taking the spot and allowing Pence to got this Tongue
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1389 on: January 28, 2017, 06:31:31 PM »

Oh, and they are also almost 200 tears old.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1390 on: January 28, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »

Depends on what you mean by globalization.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1391 on: January 29, 2017, 07:22:39 PM »

...I don't even know where to begin with this.

If your criteria of measurement for what constitutes a good and a bad regime lead you to rank F**king Nazi Germany above any other regime ever, then these criteria are wrong and you should quickly investigate why they are wrong and fix them. I shouldn't need to be saying that. It should be facially obvious to anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies