Favourite latest post by previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:51:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 56
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91759 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: April 20, 2014, 09:29:24 AM »

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #401 on: April 20, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »

Really? Even most people I know that like cooler weather prefer 100 degrees to 0 degrees, if they are forced to choose. You must have a lot of natural body heat or someting. Tongue

It may be different if I have to be outside.  My house has good heating, even in 0 degrees.  It's harder to keep my place comfortable in 100.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2014, 06:31:19 PM »

Freedom Property overall, although I think the laws need to be loosened some.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »

Famous boxer falsely convicted of murder, of Bob Dylan fame. I know what song I'll be listening too.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #405 on: April 21, 2014, 08:31:48 AM »

The War on Drugs ending will take a long time, but I think pot will come very quickly. As we see: anti-drug forces are getting rather desperate, putting out 20 man studies and pointing to one or two people dying as an "AH HA!" moment. More states will legalize, more congressman will be forced to change their position on the issue because of that.

The War on Drugs, however, will probably still be fought on many other things and that's a downright shame because these prison sentences take peoples lives and futures away.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: April 21, 2014, 11:35:52 AM »

why would someone do that

jesus christ
Cheeks and noseskin are for the bourgeois Capitalist oppressors!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #407 on: April 21, 2014, 01:48:29 PM »

Guys, you could never hold elected office in your life and still be part of the "Establishment." It's all about who you're cozy with. The point (and I'm not agreeing or disagreeing because I know next to nothing about Lankford) is that he's been close to the House leaders who are generally regarded as Establishment forces.

Thank you. It's really not that hard to see.

Yes, someone had to say it.

And why is that a bad thing? Why is it not okay to be close to House leaders for sake of actually, I don't know, getting $#!@ done, but it's perfectly okay to be close to the leaders of the Tea Party-Industrial Complex that exercises far more influence over Republican policymaking than anything that spineless chump Boehner does?

Is T.W. Shannon some lone wolf with no connections to anyone? Do you think he doesn't have his own closed-door meetings with people he owes favors to and will owe more favors to once the election's over and the checks have been cashed?

Please tell me just what far away planet you live on where that kind of "Establishment" is perfectly acceptable to you but James Lankford's isn't.
Lankford panders to the interests of the Congressional Republican leadership. Shannon panders to the interests of the Oklahoma Republican establishment, thus making him the outside voice....technically.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #408 on: April 21, 2014, 02:03:27 PM »

ON the whole Native American thing:

I'm not going to call bullsh*t on Warren's ancestry entirely here.  It's a very cultural thing in Oklahoma for pasty white people to claim to be Native American when they are like 1/168th Cherokee or something.  To her credit, it seems that Warren merely claimed to have Native American heritage, which makes her a lot less annoying than most other "Plastic Natives".  However, was this relevant to bring up in a Massachusetts Senate Primary?  Most likely not.

With that said, it was pretty dumb for Brown to think this was some sort of deciding issue.  In reality, nobody gave a sh*t.  If anything, I think that Brown would've been much better off attacking her connections with Obama while playing up the regulatory populist theme.  Then again, that would require Scott Brown to have a brain.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #409 on: April 21, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »

You can never go wrong with a Bible quote from the Gospels.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #410 on: April 21, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »

I hope this will happen too. It buggs me to put in jail some people because of drugs.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #411 on: April 21, 2014, 07:55:57 PM »

He certainly doesn't lack self-esteem. Tongue
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #412 on: April 21, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Okay, that is fairly true, but the Party has not adapted overtly racist tones in its message, aside from the Tea Party nutters like McDaniel.

Yes you're technically correct that the Republican Party's official slogan isn't "White Power!" and their candidates aren't for the most part out-and-out using the n-word in public, but when you have a rising star like Paul Ryan talking casually about the problems of "urban men" it reveals a lot about who makes up the Republican Party, and who they pander to.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Do you have a concurrent explanation for you claiming that all Republicans are Racist? What about Tim Scott or Nikki Haley?

lol yes a couple of Uncle Toms prove that the Republican Party is not institutionally racist.
I can verify that the GOP is actually a secret organization founded by Hitler. We're having our biweekly cross burning tonight, then were going to sacriface an Afghan child to George Zimmerman.

How'd ya find out, Oakvale?
[/quote]
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #413 on: April 21, 2014, 08:04:10 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: April 21, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »

Unfortunately for Paul, Kentucky's tradition of electing democrats has put a block on him. If he was right across the border in Tennessee (assuming a same situation in Tennessee), he could get a bill passed and signed no problem with Tennessee's super majority of republicans in the legislature. Republicans will have to win back the state house in 2014, and governor (open seat) in 2015, and then pass the bill in time for him to file for both. Can that happen? This year's deadline for Kentucky was late January, so if its the same for 2016, they would literally have to do it right away, assuming gov. Bashear will veto it if it comes up again in the meantime.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #415 on: April 23, 2014, 08:41:58 PM »

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #416 on: April 23, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »

Rand Paul states historical facts, tea party is outraged
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #417 on: April 23, 2014, 09:15:14 PM »

Currently watching some HBO, and I gotta say easy FS vote right here!  Naked women making out with each other is one of the things that makes America truly great!  Vote FS if you agree!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #418 on: April 23, 2014, 09:20:18 PM »

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #419 on: April 23, 2014, 09:32:46 PM »

Please let me clarify my statement.  If a woman becomes pregnant as a result of rape, then allowing her to have an abortion sends the message to her rapist that he bears no responsibility or consequence for abusing and impregnating her.  If the woman doesn't want the baby, then she should give it up for adoption and get the rapist out of her life.  And since many rapes go unreported, it's possible the rapist won't even face criminal charges.  So when the woman fails to report the rape, becomes pregnant, and has an abortion, then the rapist goes free while the woman is scarred for life.  It's not fair and it's not right, and it is, very simply, an exploitation of women.

No, you're the one that wants to exploit women's bodies, forcing them to carry a nine-month-long constant reminder of their trauma (which will include sickness, inability to work for some period, painful labor, the financial costs of pregnancy, etc.) all in some ridiculous nonsensical attempt to punish rapists, when we already have legal frameworks that can accomplish that goal without physically violating a woman for another nine months.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #420 on: April 23, 2014, 09:51:16 PM »

He was also better on foreign policy.  You're not allowed to say that either, though.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #421 on: April 23, 2014, 09:55:49 PM »

Given that he is basically a true leftist cross between BTRD and BushOklahoma, I highly doubt it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #422 on: April 23, 2014, 10:18:52 PM »

I hate coffee, but I like Coca-Cola, so only a few small ones.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #423 on: April 23, 2014, 11:03:18 PM »

What a needlessly shrekstravagant show of depravity.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #424 on: April 23, 2014, 11:46:29 PM »

Inks thinks that Snowstalker's harmless thread should get 4 infraction points.

He also thinks oldies' disgusting posts about punishing women for being raped should get 0 infraction points.

Inks thinks posting profanity should receive at least 1 infraction point.

He also thinks oldies' disgusting posts about punishing women for being raped should get 0 infraction points.

He needs to be removed as a moderator.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 56  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies