Favourite latest post by previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:59:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 56
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91775 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: September 20, 2015, 10:25:53 PM »

As if she is responding directly to Atlas Forum.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1126 on: September 20, 2015, 10:47:25 PM »

Oh my God people are actually citing well known disgusting human trash ANDREW CUOMO as a good governor, what the f[inks] is wrong with this place?

Much tolerance, such accepting of the difference of opinions Roll Eyes
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1127 on: September 20, 2015, 10:55:01 PM »

Is this a thing? lol at 'acceptance'. We've accepted fat people for a long time as people. But we should not just accept fatness if that's what it is.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #1128 on: September 20, 2015, 10:59:43 PM »

Trump is more socially fascist, while Clinton is more fiscally fascist.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1129 on: September 21, 2015, 02:13:34 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2015, 02:15:35 AM by Moderate Hero Republican »

Indeed, though as far as tickets go i'd argue that Gore-Lieberman in 2000 comes pretty close to the worst.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1130 on: September 21, 2015, 11:43:23 AM »

0-11: None because I was a kid, but I remember the time when my parents taking me to Washington DC , I was so excited because I thought we would meet President Bush and see the white house. My parents told me the doors were closed because the President was visiting his family.

12-14: Liberal I supported Obama, but at this time I still didnt know that much about politics to really have an opinion

15-16: Tea Party Republican, completely opposed Obama, was very far to the right on economic issues(called for totally ending welfare), illegal immigration(had cruz's position), Supported the War on drugs, opposed gay marriage, and wanted abortion banned, and supported invading the entire middle east

17-18: Moderate Republican, Fiscal Conservative(Now supported reforming welfare instead of ending it, social liberal, Pragmatist Foreign Policy (support using troops to take down ISIS, but dont support using military troops against Iran , and want to take troops out of Afghanistan),

So in 9th and 10th grade I took a hard hard turn to the right

In 11th and 12 grade I became more liberal and moved to the center
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1131 on: September 21, 2015, 11:53:46 PM »

Dying can be worse than almost anything (though there are still plenty of extreme situations that are worse than dying), but not death itself.
This.

To add a Jewish perspective, the concept of pikuah nefesh ("saving a soul/life") means that virtually any Jewish religious law can be "overridden" if one needs to save a life, whether it's one's own life or the life of another person. However, there are three major exceptions to this rule: idolatry, murder, and incest - therefore, I think these are "worse than death".

However, killing a person to save one's own life or the life of another person is permissible if the other person threatens to kill you. This is the reason that late-term abortions are considered legal in Judaism if the pregnancy genuinely threatens the mother's life: the foetus threatens to "kill" the mother, so it is permissible to conduct an abortion.

Yes, but, well, lets stay away from the fairy tales.
Maybe you should just stay away from this board if you can't handle communicating with religious people, intolerant person. Seriously, what'd you expect in a subforum called Religion & Philosophy?

DavidB has so many good posts, but this is definitely the best from the last few days.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1132 on: September 22, 2015, 12:36:14 AM »

Disgusting comments from the far-right and Ben Carson. Despite being a hawk on foreign policy, I don't have anything against Muslims or real Islam.

As a Jew, in particular, it would be disturbing and immoral of me to hate any religious group. I always thought Carson was ridiculous but this just cements my belief that I can not support him for President.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1133 on: September 22, 2015, 04:39:25 PM »

That said, for all the flaws Walker has, they're nothing in comparison to those of his loudest critics.

This.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1134 on: September 22, 2015, 05:15:03 PM »

Napoleon Dynamite- Perhaps the worst movie I have ever seen or could possibly be made.  Incredibly boring and incredibly stupid at the same time.  A travesty if there ever was one.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1135 on: September 22, 2015, 05:49:43 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1136 on: September 22, 2015, 09:12:51 PM »

Anyone who openly posts here about wanting to hold office is probably not fit to hold office.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1137 on: September 22, 2015, 10:27:02 PM »

It's important to look critically at all such documents, even those considered sacrosanct.

Definitely.

That said, I wouldn't call the Declaration "selfish" as much as suffering from severe cognitive dissonance.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1138 on: September 22, 2015, 10:37:27 PM »

It will probably be a "battleground" but it will ultimately vote for the Democrat.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1139 on: September 23, 2015, 04:29:23 AM »

We should just be glad that there isn't a Fat Acceptance Party.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #1140 on: September 24, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »

Disgusting comments from the far-right and Ben Carson. Despite being a hawk on foreign policy, I don't have anything against Muslims or real Islam.

As a Jew, in particular, it would be disturbing and immoral of me to hate any religious group. I always thought Carson was ridiculous but this just cements my belief that I can not support him for President.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1141 on: September 24, 2015, 09:38:41 PM »

I, VPH, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of the Mideast and will do the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Atlasia and the Mideast, so help me Dave and God.

Following in my footsteps!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1142 on: September 24, 2015, 09:41:51 PM »

100% FF - loved her and may she rest in peace.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1143 on: September 24, 2015, 09:44:29 PM »

If this did happen, though, I wouldn't want American congressional district names to be as long and boring as those in the UK and Canada.

I think you mean "Sanders".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1144 on: September 24, 2015, 09:50:51 PM »

I don't know if you've noticed, but Paul has now passed Chris Christie as the least likable candidate. Its deeply dissapointing, and its partly Rand's fault. He had no passion at that debate, and he's really bad at articulating sentences into something people want to hear. Ron was bad at this too, but it was clear he was committed, with Rand its not. Not to mention bad fundraising, lack of media attention (and when he gets media attention, a lot of it is negative). And yes, dovishness is NOT what any Republicans want to hear this year. The right is increasingly militaristic, and to say 'sometimes interventions backfire' is just annoying to hear for some folks.

But lets remember, it took Ron a lot of time to run a successful presidential campaign. He only cracked a half a percent in 88, dropped out early in a Republican run in the 90's, only got 5% in 2008, and finally got 11% in 2012. He could be setting himself up for another presidential run in the future. I just want him to build credibility and a strong record in the Senate so the liberty movement can have some momentum again.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1145 on: September 24, 2015, 09:57:36 PM »

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1146 on: September 24, 2015, 10:21:17 PM »

The point is, the Democrats were the more racist party before, and now the Republicans are the more racist party. So in that sense, they did switch sides.
No, it's still not really that simple. For example, the Democrats of the 19th century might have been more racist against blacks, but you could easily argue that the GOP of the same time period was more racist against foreigners.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1147 on: September 24, 2015, 10:23:39 PM »

Plenty of things are worse than dreaming through the twilight that doth not rise nor set, yes. Even assuming absolutely no afterlife of any kind, I think Socrates said it best.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1148 on: September 24, 2015, 10:26:17 PM »

To be honest, I'm really bad at assessing acting quality. I mean, I can tell the difference between Patrick Stewart and Tommy Wiseau, but I'm not comfortable making precise judgments on acting as I do for writing. I also tend to attach more importance to the latter when considering a movie as a whole.

Fair enough, but a good or entertaining acting performance goes a long way to save a bad line

Using Star Wars, while this is a trite and cliche line, the way Natalie Portman emotes it still makes it appropriately sad:   I am talking about of course "Anakin, you're breaking my heart"

And a good or serviceable line can be hampered if the actor comes off as wooden or too far over-the-top, the former is what lines given to Mace Windu become. I mean just imagine how this line could've come off if Sam Jackson's signature style was used. "You are under arrest,...my lord". Goodness, it'd probably be something like "You are UNDER AR-REST Jedif*&(!", definitely more appropriate for the scene.

I'm not denying that. I actually need to watch those Star Wars prequel movies in their original English version some day, to see for myself if the acting and writing is as mad as some people make it out to be. It definitely didn't seem so when I saw them in Italian or French (though some moments did seem a bit goofy).
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1149 on: September 24, 2015, 10:36:09 PM »

South Carolina-Nevada consecutive victories.

This. He has built a very solid foundation in South Carolina and has good ties to Nevada (lived there for several years during his youth and attended Mormon church at that time, still has family there, and I think his identity will appeal to voters there).

This exactly, and if Bush crumbles before Nevada, he has an excellent chance of taking those Mormons holding out for Bush
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 56  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies