Favourite latest post by previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:34:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91855 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: March 15, 2014, 03:39:15 AM »

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 03:01:47 AM »

Governor Windjammer (R-MN) / Governor ElectionsGuy (R-WI) - 253 EVs
Senator Napoleon (D-NY) / Governor Swax (D-NH) - 203 EVs
Governor Adam C. Fitzgerald (I-OH) / Senator Butafly (I-ME) -  58 EVs
Senator TNF (S-KY) / Congressman SWE (S-NY) - 24 EVs

The election goes to Congress, where the House elects Windjammer as President and the Senate elects Swax as Vice President.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 04:13:03 AM »

28th Amendment / The "Fck You, Fred Phelps" Amendment
1. Marriage shall be defined by all governmental bodies in the United States as a contract between two adult citizens of the same gender. Marriage shall carry no legal rights nor obligations.
2. Every adult citizen of the United States must be married.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 09:26:03 AM »

I actually thought this was "hot" as in pretty, so I would be pretty shocked if Christie and Walker could be called hot by anyone, though why not Scotty?

Purple heart
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 05:17:19 PM »

(I'm going to keep empty quoting this until someone asks me some serious questions)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 10:22:32 PM »

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 08:43:38 PM »

Michigan goes Republican? kthxbai.
Call me when Martin O'Malley is a good candidate.
Call me when Mike Pence is a good candidate.
I don't totally disagree with this, but there's a valley between the two.

Not to mention, Pence's vocational education policy will appeal to the blue collar Michiganders.
Vocational Education Policy isn't going to help win a state that has been won by Obama twice, in 2008 with an eighteen point margin. Also, he's a Tea Partier, Michigan doesn't like their Tea Party, unless their in specific Congressional district.
It'll certainly help when the Democratic candidate isn't championed as the savior of the auto industry.
Fine, I'll concede that'd it be closer, but only minorly so. Pence is a boring Candidate like O'Malley, but has the problem of being both a Tea Partier and only being elected by only four in Indiana over a crappy candidate.

Mainly because I totally agree that Pence is overestimated and would fare terribly against Hillary or really any Democrat that isn't worse than a dull Tea Party type. Also, because besides the post above us, this might have been Guntaker's last post on Atlas. Sad
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 11:15:52 PM »

A tie between the first three. I'll go with Tilden, because unlike Cleveland and Jackson he wasn't ever elected president.

Pretty much because his pick of Tilden has good reasoning plus I like the significance of putting "Cleveland" right next to "Jackson." Tongue (Cleve's Mayor is Frank Jackson).
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 04:38:37 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2014, 04:41:56 AM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

harassment and driving lgbt teens to suicide == "free speech"

yep

Edit: Didn't see Tony post, so:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[Context - Eric Cantor]
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 08:54:59 PM »

I lived next to a Brownback for President supporter in 2007. He had a huge, massive sign that obstructed the view of the four-way stop on the corner. As a libertarian I did not resort to calling the authorities nor did I deface the sign. I simply waited for the Brownback campaign to die out. When it did the sign was down and I did a jig of joy in my mind. I had never been more excited to see a presidential campaign end. 
Sam Brownback had supporters?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 05:48:33 AM »

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 06:20:07 PM »

Marriage equality strengthens families.  There are thousands upon thousands of abandoned children created from failed heterosexual relationships, who are now finding homes with dual-income couples who have only recently been able to prove to a court their suitability as adoptive parents.

And that doesn't even take into account the gay couples who create life via biological means.  (e.g. surrogate mothers, sperm donors, etc.)

And that is the key. All you need to do to be endowed with legal rights over a child instantanously is to have sex. That is it. And we have a society in which children's rights as a concept appear to be subservient at all times to the whims of the parent. The idea that children have rights independent of and at times contrary to their own parents is an enigma to some people. The rights of children are often not served in the heterosexual relationship, whether fleeting or embedded, that brought them into the world and the idea that the generations of heterosexual, married relationships that form and shatter and reform and have f-cked up so many people are automatically better for a child than another mother and father, or two fathers, or two mothers, or the aunt or the grandparent is a disgrace.

It is the job of the government and society to support all families that support each other and provide love and support for children whether they be their own or someone elses. The 'nuclear family' closes off this difference by insinuating other arrangements are lesser or not appropriate. It is this compact, self serving and often patriarical unit that has also led to the disconnect that has shattered what the 'family' used to be; cutting off the extended family as care givers and subjecting the elderly to being removed from the family care unit altogether when they are too old or too difficult to handle.

afleitch is a treasure.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 04:45:25 AM »

Just because they're too lazy and cheap to go full cosplay, and skimp with just a t-shirt, doesn't actually change what they're doing.  Tongue
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 07:38:51 PM »

I'm hesitant about this...it's quite a radical proposal.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 07:17:51 PM »

I never posted that. Stop making stuff up in my name.

Sure you never posted that... Just right after you deleted it.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 10:32:53 PM »

Maybe my comment was out of place, but the fact is you guys are under a little more scrutiny than everyone else, just because people are always talking about doing away with the Pacific. It's unfair, but it is what it is. I don't want to see the region disappear. And from the outside looking in, a thread with no discussion and the governor pleading for input doesn't really look good. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, I'll leave you be. I know it's a busy time.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 10:04:36 PM »

Does playing Nintendo video games count? Tongue
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »

This is such an inevitable process........it would be nice for it to just end already with a SCOTUS ruling.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 10:25:06 PM »

OK, the idea that Gay men and Women can't procreate is absurd.  Have you ever heard of Surrogate mothers.  Many gay men are using them to have children of there own.  Gay women are using sperm banks.  So you biggest argument has a huge hole in it.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 12:31:01 AM »

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 10:18:02 PM »

Strategic voting for Japan to stop the White Countries.

That's why you vote for Kenya

Get the same effect, and without endorsing some of the creepier elements of the internet.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 09:01:26 PM »

"My fellow Republicans, it has come to my attention that a few of my fellows have begun attacking each other. This kind of behavior will get us nowhere and cannot be tolerated. If we look back to the past we can easily see that the practice of scorched earth politics has only increased partisanship in our great nation. And it has also lead to weak Republican Nominees.

A great man and an even greater leader put forth the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not speak I'll of any fellow Republican. That was President Ronald Reagan, and following that rule he won the largest electoral landslides in US history. If all you can do is knockdown your competitors you have no place in this race. We need ideas. We need leadership. We need bold vision.

We get it. Political dynasties are bad. Flip-flopping is wrong. But there's got to be more than just beating each other over the head with these attacks. Train your fire on the true opposition: Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and the Democratic Party. If we can show the American people the folly of their policies, it won't matter what your last name is or if you've changed your position on immigration. As long as you've got an "R" next to your name then you'll have the support needed to get to 270.

We are One Party. We are One Nation. We are One People. All of us pledging allegiance to the Stars and Stripes, all of us defending the Constitution. We are Republicans. And it's darn time we started acting like it"

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies