Favourite latest post by previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:43:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91898 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 20, 2015, 09:11:39 PM »

1. Portland
2. Chicago
3. Seattle
4. Boston

Kinda sucks all the good places got eliminated.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 08:32:18 PM »

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 06:56:27 PM »

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 05:46:46 PM »

How many Congressmen who voted against the other Iraq War in 2003 are still around?  Are any who voted against the War in 1991 still in office?

Anyone who votes against all is a true American statesman (or stateswoman).
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 11:19:45 PM »

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:53:47 PM »

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 11:20:09 PM »

Love the crunchy kind, so-so on smooth, averages out to "like it".

Ultimately though peanuts just aren't best nut to derive flavor.

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 02:09:42 PM »

Bushie you are a 32-year-old man, please do not buy food for children...
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »

They don't really deserve it but then no one else does either.

This.

There should not be a nationwide primary, there should just be a few states doing it at a time.  Since no state deserves to be first all the time, the order in which states hold contests should be randomly selected through a lottery each cycle.  One state can be randomly selected for the first primary, then two for the second time, and three for the third round.  After that, the number should not exceed five.

A nationwide presidential primary would be problematic in a field of multiple candidates, and holding a few contests at a time can help eliminate candidates aren't fit for the long haul.  But no state should be entitled the special position of first all the time (and I say this as someone originally from Iowa).
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 01:31:38 PM »

Never thought I'd say this but... Hell is too damn cold.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 07:22:28 PM »

Admittedly the lawyer who filed this has his PO box a few blocks from my high school.

Shocked
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »

Given the religious right opposition to zombies, it's possible Eisenhower/Reagan trail the Libertarians and the Constitution Party.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 09:17:02 PM »

It's unhealthy in a political sense to never listen to counter evidence or people who disagree with you.  You can ignore crazy people like Republican politicians, but you should listen to people with reasoned arguments.  If only to better understand why you disagree with them, it's a good thing to get different perspectives.  Try it sometime.

Sure, you can get that from reading blogs, articles, books, etc. Doesn't mean you need to live with people with different views.

None of that compares to what one may end up overhearing on commutes, or at work, or *gasps* a conversation that ends up going that way for whatever reason.

Not all spoken political views come from direct speaking.

There's simply something to be said to seeing the intent dripping off how one speaks as well as the quality of the argument itself...that other media simply doesn't get. Especially the internet where the freedom to say something truly outrageous exists thanks to anonymity.

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »

I think that Speaker Türkisblau would make a great senator Wink
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 06:58:23 PM »

Question 3: Should the Senate play an assertive role in responding to international events, such as the troubles in Ukraine and the recent coup in Puerto Santos?

We should respond to world affairs as they arise. While I do not have experience in foriegn policy, as a Senator I will not be dealing with foreign policy on my own. I will work with my fellow senators in this area. I will be following the GM and foreign news more closely from now on so I can provide informed debates and votes. Over time, I would gain as much expertise as the other Senators in office.

Atlasia should respond to world news, and the responsibility lies partially with the Senate. The Senate should enact resolutions in respond to news, provide aid when a foreign country is beset with disaster, and enact sanctions when a country goes out of the bounds of international law. These matters are something that I can resolve as a senator.

I am a non interventionist when it comes to the military. The troubles in Ukraine or the coup in Puerto Santos may demand action, but military action in these areas would not improve the situation. In regards to ISIS, I favor Drone action and giving military supplies to our allies in the region, but no ground forces.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 10:35:24 AM »

IIT: The two biggest hacks on Atlas fighting, with King throwing good barbs here and there.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 12:28:45 AM »

Hillary WAS GOP 50 years ago, a Goldwater Girl even.

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 03:40:58 PM »

The only time I can tolerate coffee is when it's filled with so much sugar and flavoring that it doesn't even taste like coffee anymore.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 10:36:09 PM »

South Carolina-Nevada consecutive victories.

This. He has built a very solid foundation in South Carolina and has good ties to Nevada (lived there for several years during his youth and attended Mormon church at that time, still has family there, and I think his identity will appeal to voters there).

This exactly, and if Bush crumbles before Nevada, he has an excellent chance of taking those Mormons holding out for Bush
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »

My odds:

Marco Rubio 28%
Jeb Bush 25%
Joe Biden 23%
Hillary Clinton 19%
Someone else 5%

The fact that you see that Rubio is more likely than Jeb makes me wonder why you're even supporting Jeb anymore.

I don't base my opinions on polls and I can separate my personal views with analyzing a situation. I support Bush but I also like Rubio. 

Just don't ruin Rubio for me when Jeb drops out and you pick someone else to hack for, okay?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 11:05:01 PM »

I am, of course, for the UK leaving, even if it that might not be beneficial to my country; if one domino brick falls, all will eventually fall. This EU can't be saved. We need to base mutual cooperation on the principles of sovereignty and free trade.

Remain. Germany is about to become the economic superpower of Europe, and without Britain it doesn't have a clear counter-balance unless Turkey is allowed to join.
The "clear counterbalance" for Germany in the EU is obviously France, and it will remain that way whether Britain stays in the EU or leaves it -- even if France is, of course, in trouble when it comes to its waning relative power in relation to economic powerhouse Germany.

Common wisdom has it that of the three most important EU countries, the UK and Germany agree on economic issues, France and Germany on the process of European integration, and France and the UK on security issues. Of course this is a gross oversimplification (especially regarding security issues), but it's interesting to see what will happen without the UK. For instance, European policy might become more left-wing on the economy and on economic regulations without Britain's contribution. Also, European integration might be deepened without the UK.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 01:42:08 PM »

There is Denzel Crocker deluded, then there is #NeverTrump deluded.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 04:25:10 PM »

LMAO. It might get 5 votes. Mitt Romney, George Will, Jeb Bush, Lindsey Graham, and him.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 06:42:41 PM »

Lust-Envy-Pride Party
Wrath-Avarice-Gluttony Party

Are you suggesting that both parties are Slothful or that both are Diligent or that both parties seem to be both at all the worst times?

I would assume sloth is non-voters, while diligence applies to both parties.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2016, 02:18:23 AM »

Go through all of the tabs you have open on your computer right now. Every time you see reddit, x out of that tab. When you're done, close your computer. Get dressed. Leave the basement. Go outside. Wait for your pupils to dilate. If you don't live in a major city, ask your parents if you can borrow the car. If they say yes, get in your car and drive to the nearest major city. Yes, right now. Straight out. Only stop if you need gas.

Once you get there, and I do mean "there" (i.e., not suburbs, exurbs, or anywhere where a majority of people dress like hipsters) locate the nearest subway. Strike up a conversation with the first, eh, fifteen people you're able to on the platform. Schizophrenics, beggars, homeless people, anyone who will talk to you. Don't bring up politics. If they do, fine, just don't introduce the topic yourself.

I guarantee you that by the end of this experience your perspective on life will be wide enough that you'll no longer ask stupid questions like why more people didn't vote for Bernie Sanders.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies