Favourite latest post by previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:11:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91835 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: March 08, 2014, 09:11:52 PM »

Not including posts from this thread, quote a post from the previous forumite's latest post history that you enjoyed for any reasons you want.

Readygo
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 07:14:47 PM »

Yet we keep electing the same right-wing governments we've been electing since Reconstruction ended. We do it to ourselves. Very frustrating.
Harry, don't be so pessimistic! Mississippi will soon become a red state!
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:38:37 PM »

Page 2, but that's close enough.

I'm glad we make threads to let people know how much we hate them.

Did you ever play the game Hungry Hungry Hippo?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 08:07:05 PM »

My RL self is far too like my internet self for comfort.

Have you filed a petition to get a coworker banned?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 05:50:46 PM »

This.

Normally I don't really understand the "Dominos" comparison, but considering how much progress has been made, the hate is falling, and soon, may be gone, though that may be wishful thinking, a world without hate, is a great world indeed.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 05:12:04 AM »

Hurray for out of context quotes!

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »

Joe Biden/Amy Klobuchar 285EV
Mike Huckabee/Rob Portman 253EV

Joe Biden/Kristen Gillibrand 260EV
Rand Paul/Brian Sandoval 278EV

Joe Biden/Cory Booker 299EV
Chris Christie/Marco Rubio 239EV

Joe Biden/Sherrod Brown 285EV
Jeb Bush/John Thune 253EV

Joe Biden/Evan Bayh 308EV
Paul Ryan/Bobby Jindal 230EV

Joe Biden/Amy Klobuchar 269EV
Scott Walker/Kelly Ayotte 269EV
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 02:23:25 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=189963.msg4109950#msg4109950

My phone is refusing to properly copy the post. My apologies.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 06:11:55 PM »

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 12:14:38 AM »

Spelling someone's name wrong isn't funny. Like, at all.

Whatever you say, Funtaker Sad
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 03:24:19 AM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Schedule:

Dec. 7th:
Rally/Fundraiser in Nashua, NH
Barnstorm and Rally in Manchester, NH
Barnstorm and Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH

Dec. 8th:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Dover, NH
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Somersworth, NH
Rally and Barnstorming in Rochester, NH

Dec. 9th:
Meet and Greet in Berlin, NH
Rally in Lebanon, NH
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Claremont, NH

Dec. 10th:
Rally and Speech in Concord, NH
Barnstorming and Rally in Franklin, NH
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Laconia, NH

Dec. 11th:
Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
Rally and Campaign Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA

Dec. 12th:
Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
Rally and Barnstorm in Waterloo, IA
Rally and Campaign Speech in Ames, IA

Dec. 13th:
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
Rally in Sioux City
Rally/Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, IA

Surrogates:

Rep. Ron Paul:

Dec. 7th: Fundraising in New Hampshire
Dec. 8th: Congressional Duties
Dec. 9th: Barnstorming Iowa
Dec. 10th: Fundraising in Iowa
Dec. 12th: Meeting with Congressmen to support Gary Johnson
Dec. 13th: Attend Rallies with Johnson in Iowa

Fmr. Gov. Jesse Ventura:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 9th: Touring Iowa small towns for Johnson
Dec. 10th-Dec. 13th: Fundraising in Iowa

Fmr. Rep. Barry Goldwater Jr:

Dec. 7th-9th: Fundraising in Arizona
Dec. 10th-13th: Rallies for Johnson in Arizona

Fmr. Gov. Buddy Roemer:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 13th: Barnstorming and Rallies in Missouri

Clint Eastwood:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 10th: Fundraisers for Johnson in California
Dec. 11th-Dec. 13th: Rallies for Johnson in Iowa
Gary Johnson is the only guy in this race who has the guts to be president, a real Republican. You other candidates feeling lucky?

Fmr. Rep. Bob Barr:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 13th: Barnstorming and Rallies in South Carolina
Governor Johnson is the true conservative, who stands for economic freedom and is the champion of small business!

Fmr. Gov. William Weld:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 13th: Rallies and Barnstorm New Hampshire
Governor Johnson is the true candidate, one with conviction and experience. He is the right man to be president.

Drew Carey:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 13th: Fundraisers in California
Now, I'm not one for speeches, or the Republican party. But Governor Johnson is the only candidate that stands for true freedom in the United States.

Fmr. Rep. Joe Scarborough:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 13th: Barnstorming and Rallies in South Carolina
Governor Johnson is the only candidate our Republican party needs right now, he is the candidate that will lead the party to national success. Gary Johnson knows how to govern, and is the true future of the party, lets support Gary Johnson!

Economist and Reagan Adviser Paul Craig Roberts:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 9th: Rallies for Johnson in Iowa
Dec. 10th-Dec. 13th: Fundraising in Iowa
As adviser to Ronald Reagan, I was a strong proponent for the fiscal conservatism that led us through the 1980's. Governor Johnson is the only candidate with that drive, vision, leadership and principles to take us back to true fiscal conservatism!

TV and Radio Ad to run in the following states:

A candidate with proven leadership, a candidate that has proven that he is will to stand apart and do right. Not beholding to anyone but the people, ready to take on the real problems America faces. Gary Johnson is not just a Republican candidate for president, but the people's candidate for president. With endorsements from Independents and Republicans alike, he is the candidate that shows conviction, and will be a man of the people.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 01:22:42 AM »

Republican Party

1. Not an Israel firster.
2. Not against Marriage Equality.
3. Not against budget negotiations.

Democratic: Party

1. Not an Israel firster.
2. Not a cry baby for "bipartisanship"
3. Not an upper middle class “liberal.”

Libertarian Party

1. Not in favor of privatized police.
2. Not in favor of privatized military.
3. Not in favor of open borders.

Constitution Party
1. Not in favor of prohibition.
2. Not in favor of denying rights to gays and lesbians.
3. Not in favor of a theocracy.

Green Party
1. Generally not partial to spoiled white upper middle class college students (the Green Party base).
2. Generally not in favor of replacing woman with “womyn”, gender neutral bathrooms, etc.
3. I do not believe illegal immigrants are better people than normal citizens due to their status.

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 03:18:32 AM »

That's really sad. While the NC Democratic Party has Clay Aiken who proudly lives as an openly gay parent who supports gay rights despite running in a conservative district, the GOP has someone who just decided to "choose" that he's no longer gay only for electability reasons against Krawiec.

Just from reading that article, it seems that just by denying his connections to what's accepted as the real truth of his past life only further hurts his credibility in the race (especially if he used to be a Democrat, to) and he's only turning himself into even more of a bigoted jerk. Hopefully, Krawiec beats him in a landslide for really caring more about a NC legislature seat than his own conscience or lifestyle, but I might have said otherwise if Wiles was actually hot like another secretly gay bigot in Aaron Schock. Wink
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 01:23:48 AM »

Not big on disrespecting the dead in death threads, but it is 10 years later so those complaining about the disrespect are really just complaining that someone dare say something bad about King Reagan the Great.

On a personal level, may his family be at peace. On a public level, I disagreed with most of what he did and we will never forget his tepid response to apartheid government. In terms of modern politics, it is time for the GOP to calm down and stop using him as an American hero, if for no other reason than that they're creating a narrative about his Presidency that is inaccurate.

Basically this.

Inaccurate is an understatement.  For him to be viewed as anything less than a corporatist tool who drove the working class of America into the ground is a travesty.  I'm devastated that I have to live out the remainder of my Naval service on a ship named after that racist POS. 
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 09:01:20 AM »

You make way too many one sentence posts. Luckily I found your ..interesting.. maps.

What the Future Might Hold: Chapter I: Rubio and the New GOP 2016-2032

2016: New Way

Sen Marco Rubio R-FL/Fmr Gov Jon Huntsman R-UT 273 EVS
Gov Andrew Cuomo D-NY/Sen Amy Koblouchar D-MN 265 EVS

2020: One Step Forward...

Pres Marco Rubio R-FL/VP Jon Huntsman R-UT 303 EVS
Sen Brian Schweitzer D-MT/Gov Tulsi Gabbard D-HI 235 EVS

2024: ...Two Steps Back

Gov Gavin Newsom D-CA/Gov Kirsten Gillibrand D-NY ~330 EVS
Fmr Sen Ted Cruz R-TX/Gov Mike Lee R-UT ~210 EVS

2028: Time For Choosing

Sen George P Bush R-TX/Gov Kristi Noem R-SD ~275 EVS
Pres Gavin Newsom D-CA/Sen Alison Lundergan Grimes D-KY ~260 EVS

2032: Comeback

Fmr Pres Gavin Newsom D-CA/Sen Julian Castro D-TX ~320 EVS
Pres George P Bush R-TX/VP Kristi Noem R-SD ~220
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 03:33:50 AM »

Based on Article 2, Section 2 of the Constitution, it appears that the President can appoint justices when he wants to.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It doesn't seem as if the President has a time limit in which he has to fill court vacancies. Considering that we have a lower-level court vacancy from 2005, I have my doubts that there is anything that could be done to increase the speed of the nomination process.

If, say, a Supreme Court vacancy came up in the year a President was up for re-election, and the President's party lacked control of the Senate, he could take a risk and wait to fill the vacancy until after the election in hopes of being reelected and having his party take control of the Senate.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 07:20:53 PM »

What was your most memorable sighting of one or more animals in the wild?

Mine easily was during the boat trip I took off of Alaska, when I saw a humpback whale with her calf, as well as a pod of killer whales.  (I did not get to see the killer whales attack the humpbacks.)  There were also several dolphins and porpoises.

One other memorable animal sighting was in when I saw a moose for the first time in Montana.

I'm a little disappointed, because I was reading through Nat's posts and was about to paste an outstanding one about homosexuality from the AMA thread.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 01:12:16 AM »

1800:

1810:

Not sure what the huge drop in Alabama is all about.

1820:

1830:

1840:

1850:

Kind of weird that Washington is over 10% black here, drops massively to less than 1% in next census.

1860:

1870:

1880:

1890:

1900:

1910 (See OP)

1920:

1930:

1940:

1950:

1960:

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 04:26:49 AM »

If Biden became President in 2014 or 2015, his chances of running probably increase significantly. There is a chance however that the Democrats might convince him to step aside for Hillary and enjoy his two year term.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 12:04:12 AM »

NEWT 2008

Good evening, fellow Americans. I'm sure you all know why I'm here, so let's get straight to the point. I have filed to run for President of the United States. I have thought long and hard about this decision. Eventually I came to the conclusion that America needed a conservative choice. That Republican voters and all American voters needed to be given the opportunity to vote for a real conservative candidate. President Giuliani has proven that he is a faux conservative, who doesn't stand up for the principles that our party has been built on. Tonight, I offer myself as that choice.

Deciding to run for the presidency is something I have not taken lightly. But I have realised the time has come for a candidate who will stand up for the ideals that matter to so many of us, fiscal responsibility, the sanctity of life, the integrity of our borders, our right to bear arms.  The list goes on.

We stand at a crossroads in America. The two paths are clear to me. One leads us down a road of division, of terrorism, of financial instability and ruin. The other leads us down a road of prosperity. I know which road I want to take and I'm sure that you all want the same. Following the vision of Ronald Reagan and others, the United States can become a better place for all. I remember back to 1994, when I was a lowly Minority Whip. Working on the Contract with America, I felt it had the chance to do some good for the country. It's been 13 years and now I feel the time has come for a new contract, one that suits the needs of 21st Century America.

As I campaign across the country, I will present a platform based on true conservative ideals, the ones that have helped make our country so great. Thank you.

Campaign Team
Campaign Manager/Chief of Staff: Vince Haley

Finance Director: Carl Forti

Senior Policy Director: Alex Castellanos

Communications Director: Joe DeSantis

Director of Scheduling: Nick Ayers

Senior Strategist: Stuart Stevens

Press Secretary: RC Hammond

Senior Advisor: Ken Mehlman
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 10:51:39 PM »

Very amusing.

Donald Trump Campaign Schedule October 8-14
I'm glad to be back in the great state of New Hampshire. This state has always been a bastion for freedom, liberty. I intend to restore that ideal when I get to the White House. Washington's been choking America, it's time to stop that.

Monday, October 8
Rally and Speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Manchester, New Hampshire
Visit to gun store in Manchester, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Nashua, New Hampshire
Town hall in New Boston, New Hampshire
Flight to Iowa

I think and I'm sure a lot of you agree, that the way Washington has been treating hardworking Americans has been disgusted. You're not a person, you're a number! So are you! And you! It's ridiculous. We need to reform the tax system, desperately.  As President, I will implement a simple, reasonable tax system.

Tuesday, October 9
Press conference in Des Moines, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Des Moines, Iowa
Meeting with Burlington GOP, Burlington Iowa
Tour of small businesses in Burlington, Iowa

I pledge that I will visit all 99 counties of Iowa, yes every single one of them. And when I visit those counties, I'll be talking to average Americans, people who care about America. I'm proud to say that I'm the anti-Washington candidate in this race.

Wednesday, October 10
Meet and Greet in Wapello, Iowa
Touring farms in Louisa County, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Muscatine, Iowa
Flight to New Hampshire

Thursday, October 11
Breakfast with New Hampshire staff in Manchester, New Hampshire
Town hall in Concord, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Dover, New Hampshire
Town hall in Dover, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Rochester, New Hampshire

Friday, October 12
Appearance on local radio in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Londonderry, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Exeter, New Hampshire
Town hall in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

Attendee's Question: What is your take on illegal drugs policy in America, do you support the War on Drugs and what is your opinion on marijuana legalization?

Thanks for that question. Now drugs, drugs are a complicated issue. Personally, I have no qualms with individual states legalizing marijuana. I think we should educate people about the risks and I also think we need to continue to prevent illegal drugs production, importation and distribution by cartels and dealers. It's quite clear that the current drugs policies aren't working. If we can find a way to contain it, than I'm all open to that. Legalization is an option.

Saturday, October 13
Flight to South Carolina
Town hall in Charleston, South Carolina

Attendee's Question: How would you, as President, deal with the immigration crisis at the Mexican border?

You watch, this is going to get ridiculed in the mainstream media. There's no way of saying it nicely, so I'll come out and say it anyway. We should consider occupying northern Mexico. Seriously, think about it.  In dealing with new arrivals, increased border controls isn't enough, they will keep coming. We need to get on both sides of the border, as the local government is clearly inept. Then we set up camps inside Mexico for these people to go to, where they can either apply to enter America legally or agree to go home. While we're at it, we may as well fight the cartels and get them away from our nation and cut off their smuggling routes.

This is a drastic solution to both of these problems but I genuinely believe that it could work. We have to try something new here.

Sunday, October 14
Rest day

Advertisement

America, I know you're sick of all the complicated, pointless tax system that you deal with? Or the IRS snooping into your private affairs? If you vote for me Donald Trump as your next President, I'll reform the tax system and get the IRS out of your face.

I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message.

Ad to Air in the Following States

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 10:52:06 PM »

Obama should make a trollish remark about being glad to be back in his native land or something like that, just to make the birthers foam.

Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies