Favourite latest post by previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:59:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91838 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:26:16 AM »

So many NewYorkExpress threads, so little time.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 04:39:19 AM »

I rather doubt they're dumb enough to do it.

they were dumb enough to shut down the government...
And are dumb enough to vote for the 51st time to repeal Obamacare or major parts of it that are working for over 4 million Americans. They currently have their eyes set on impeaching Eric Holder, but after the midterms, if the Republicans still the control the House which is very likely, then they will do whatever it takes to issue articles of impeachment against President Obama before he leaves office. It's their dream and if they fulfill it, my random guess is that it will be Huelskamp introducing them.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 11:52:33 AM »

The end goal of the conservative movement is to return women to their status as property of fathers and husbands. The only way to achieve that is by making abortion totally illegal. So a 20 week restriction is not enough.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 02:19:05 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 01:17:40 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 03:31:24 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »

When I think of over-sensitivity and trying too hard to be inclusive, I definitely think of the Third Reich.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 04:10:42 AM »

I bet Nate will be happy. His life was hell as a kid because of his father, but even with all that propaganda, hatred, and total BS he heard as a kid, he went onto become a LGBT rights advocate. Fred crossed the line though when he picketed the funeral of Matthew Shepard. There's so much hate and homophobia from doing stuff like that and he might as well have just joined the KKK to. I don't wish death on anybody no matter how bad they are (and heck, I would even vote for Brownback over this guy), but before he dies, he should really revaluate his life of just pure hatred and disgust.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 05:19:42 AM »

Our new Keith Olbermann. Switching from the invigorating world of politics (though Olbermann was technically fired) to focus on batting averages, touchdowns, the draft, endzones and all that other crap that nobody cares about. It's terrible. He would rather jump the bandwagon than write about what actually is important.

I'm just reading through some of these recent political articles of his and not only are there fewer of them, but he just doesn't seem that interested in writing about any of it since he's mainly just elaborating on a bunch of polls and data and not even going in depth. We need more political articles AND more length and structure to them!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 04:11:24 AM »

Disgusting:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm sure they'll be funding him next year though Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 05:19:58 AM »

The worst thing about the vaccination "debate" (that, by the way, is certainly not "great") is how it stigmatizes autism in a backwards way.

Even if it did cause or contribute to the development of autism, how is autism so bad that it's worse than your child dying of an easily preventable disease? How is it worse than your child potentially becoming the source that spreads an easily preventable disease to other people who then become terribly ill and possibly die? If your child did develop autism, how would you feel if they knew you'd rather they potentially died of an illness most people are immune to? I doubt that they intended that message, of course, but what is so awful about having a living child who is autistic that you'd choose the risks of the alternative?

Just.. ugh.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 03:36:13 PM »

FH, but it's not what I like.

Here is what my one of my dream houses would look like,

and the other.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 04:21:43 PM »

Why are people such big fans of NJ? It may vote Democratic, but it is about as corrupt as Illinois (with none of the charm) and has the Trump Taj Mahal.

It's the only state on this list that doesn't belong to the sprawling, wasteful, unsustainable hellscapes of the Sun Belt and that isn't also located within the Bible Belt.

^^^^

I can think of a number of red states I would rank above NJ (Alaska!), but none of them are on this list.

Ugh. Why does this forum love the cold so much?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 05:28:50 AM »

Oh, the POS old racist who sold this country out to his corporate masters?  Garbage person and garbage President. 
He wasn't racist. He was one of the first presidents not to be racist.

He literally made a speech about states rights next to the site where civil rights activists were murdered in the 1960s. He was a racist piece of sh[ink]s and his policies were as well.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 04:03:14 AM »

I'm having a difficult time even breaking this username down into its base components in order to properly string them together. For instance, I have no idea what LWC means, so I will make up a definition: Lily White Cock. The period preceding this could be interpreted as "Inks.LWC" being a file with the filetype Lily White Cock. What program uses this filetype? Probably some of rooster database program popular with farmhands in the Upper Peninsula.. oh look, alright, this is hard. I have no idea. Don't even know how to relate any of it to "Assemblyman" or "Queen Mum" without all kinds of delicate gender balancing acts.

To summarize, this person is a farmhand with gender dysphoria.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 04:37:55 AM »

They're for government big enough to invade your country and small enough to fit in your cervix.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 01:28:17 PM »

And Arizona has more people than Massachusetts now.  Ugh.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 03:57:23 AM »

I thought it was pretty well-established that the answer to the OP question is yes? Huh

Yes. The only people who disagree are Tea Party-types with their heads in the sand and Internet teenagers who've never lived in the real world.

And not that there's anything wrong with being type #2 per se. We've all been there.
Nice job insulting those who disagree with you. Anyway as I have said before, women mke less because they choose less dangerous jobs. How many women do you see studying to be a nuclear engineer?

Oh. Oh dear.

Perhaps we don't see as many females choosing "dangerous jobs" such as nuclear engineer (note to self: is nuclear engineer a dangerous job? Engineers are usually busy behind desks are they not? Maybe it's dangerous because it involves math?) because being in that field inevitably leads them to interacting with insufferably ignorant, sexist behavior perfectly exemplified by your comment. I had a job for six months working in the steel industry. It was bloody hot in the factory due to the furnaces, you were expected to do lots of heavy lifting, and every day you'd walk out covered in soot. As you might expect, there were basically no women there - and during the group interview process where they described the working conditions all of the girls walked out not wanting to even try. I don't blame them - there are only two results when a woman chooses to work in a factory like that. She's either automatically a lesbian and can expect to be treated with disdain or, if not, can expect to be constantly sexually demeaned behind her back. She'd also likely given the less difficult roles and resented by those of us expected to do the heavy lifting. Any advancement she made would have people questioning whether or not she deserved it or if she was doing something shady. But I'm sure none of that had anything to do with it. It was probably just icky and too hard (that is: her fault).

Anyway, that doesn't have much to do with your overall nonsensical point. These equal pay for equal work debates are built on the common understanding that we are talking about men and women doing the same job with the same experience and qualifications who still, nevertheless, get paid less. As jfern noted, this isn't as true when we're talking about women and men fresh out of university who are childless and inexperienced. It can, in fact, be the opposite. Great.

That's the starting point. As life goes on, women face considerably more disruptions than men because we expect them (and, of course, often they happily choose) to take time off from careers to focus on having children or caring for family members. When women return to the workforce, they've lost ground. Are you ready? I'm going to throw a graph at you.

Then there's the fun fact that, strictly because of often unintentional sexism (I hope), women who ask for raises are not given them as often as men (cite). A man who asks for a raise is assertive and strong as men ought to be. Women? Not so much. That's (again, sometimes unintentionally) viewed as uncomely behavior for a lady.

Perhaps what you meant was that women are more likely to work at jobs that aren't professional or managerial and therefore pay less. This is true. Why this is so could be that these lower paying jobs offer women more flexibility with their busy schedules when they have to juggle caring duties at home. Most people, upon learning that, will breathe a sigh of relief. It's their own fault! Phew! I knew it would be okay and we won't have to change anything. But the solution to that problem involves rather frightening things like requiring businesses and government to provide leave for women (and men) when they start to have families. Women shouldn't have to choose between caring for their children and keeping that high-salary, personally fulfilling job. We should be letting them take time off for a while and welcoming them back to the same work and pay as before.

But businesses wouldn't like that sort of inefficiency being introduced. You know what? Tough sh**t. When someone takes an extended leave from their job, someone has to fill in. That work either gets spread around or several people have to be hired to come in a fill in. That's good for the economy. Hurray! I'm glad I've changed your mind.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 06:38:24 AM »

That is a viciously sexist and disgusting post.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 03:22:21 AM »

Miles (not a right-wing Democrat).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 08:07:44 AM »

I don't have the time to discuss three big reasons, and I certainly have other smaller ones, but my biggest issue with the Republican Party is the War on Voting. Before the mini-wave in my home state of New Hampshire, the Republican Party, with its supermajority in the House and Senate, had decided to pass a few laws restricting voting. Others, like eliminating election-day registration, did not pass. Why did Republicans want to restrict voting? Ask the former Speaker of the House. I'm sure he can explain his stances on voting better than I can.

So yeah. I will never cast a single vote for a Republican until this problem is fixed. Why? Because in this Republican's ideal world, I wouldn't have the right to vote.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 05:31:42 AM »

Why do I get the nagging feeling this poll is being asked by someone insecure about being the second option?

I have good news for you! Your personality is not entirely some hard wired thing you're stuck with. If you don't like something about your personality either learn to accept it or decide you are going to change it. I'm not saying you should be EXCITING dynamic outgoing optimistic if you prefer not to be. But change what you don't like. I believe in you! You!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 04:27:07 PM »

I honestly have never met a well-spoken and well-accomplished person who is 18-34 and who opposes Common Core.  Maybe the smart ones are just good at hiding their soft bigotry of lower expectations, but it seems like every Doctor/Lawyer/Engineer is fully on board with Common Core.  I've definitely met a few people who bag groceries who do not support it though.

Maybe living in South Florida influences this.  Thank God Florida is now a purple state.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 04:37:54 AM »

don't worry cassius, i didn't have any illusions about you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies