Favourite latest post by previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:14:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91897 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: March 09, 2014, 11:49:36 PM »

A combination of the three.  Something like The Fly.  The original version, though, not the crappy Cronenberg remake.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 01:13:48 AM »

Budding doesn't happen here. There are green leaves forever.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 06:51:57 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 05:36:43 PM »

Oh no! Flo's and GAworth's marriage is in shambles? What a shame, I thought they were doing so well.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »

oh. i should finally go see that movie, then.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 06:44:45 PM »

Yes.  I plan on getting another overly-ambiguous tattoo that expresses my intellectual superiority which can only be matched by that of my peers. #euphoria #swagg
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »

If only we could go back to the days when Iraq was more fiscally than socially conservative (ie, when Saddam was in power).

Failed attempt at humour

Saddam was very socially conservative, he allowed bestiality for instasnce.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »

Obama is an FF and Nixon is more liberal than Obama, so FF. His only real problems were Watergate and sabotaging the Halloween Peace, but other things make up for those.
Those are some pretty massive problems
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 09:00:17 PM »

"Common sense" seems to be a PC wording of "I don't need to be rational or think critically about the issue and therefore will avoid saying anything of substance".
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 02:57:54 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 06:39:02 PM »

What disgusting results. Half the forum is literally just fine with killing millions of people, so long as they get health care out of it when they turn 65.

Why is FDR sending American citizens to concentration camps solely because of their race (and killing thousands in the process) any different? I have yet to see any FDR FF/LBJ HP voters address this.

Obviously FDR only sent them there so that the Japanese-Americans could unionize.  Only a war-mongering corporate shill like you would ever criticize such a heroic action!
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 11:35:27 PM »

Well, it's been awhile since I last did this:

1. The right to individual autonomy is important, even if it threatens collective security - Agree - critical issue.

2. The government should penalize organizations that practice outsourcing. - Agree.

3. Giving faith-based charities the same government resources as secular organizations is a good idea. - Disagree.

4. We should increase foreign aid to countries struggling with poverty. - Usually agree.

5. We should increase funding for education. - Agree.

6. Heterosexual couples should receive higher marital recognition than same-sex couples. - Disagree - critical issue.

7. Overall, free trade hurts more than it helps. - Neutral.

8. We should reduce the number of government programs substantially. - Usually agree.

9. Abortion should be illegal or very heavily restricted. - Disagree - critical issue.

10. The government should fund museums, theaters, and other cultural institutions that are unable to survive independently. - Agree.

11. The government should subsidize health insurance for those who cannot easily afford it. - Agree.

12. The government should work to reduce children's exposure to offensive radio and television content. - Disagree - critical issue.

13. It is unfair that wealthier people pay higher tax rates. - Disagree - critical issue.

14. The minimum wage should be raised. - Agree.

15. Marijuana should be legalized. - Agree.

16. Society focuses too much on forcing equality at the expense of real merit. - Disagree.

17. Violating individual rights is acceptable when it comes to fighting terrorism. - Disagree - critical issue.

18. Current levels of government regulation on industry are excessive. - Disagree - critical issue.

19. The government should provide basic needs for all people. - Agree.

20. The death penalty should be an option for serious crimes. - Usually agree.

21. We should reduce the difficulty of immigration. - Agree - critical issue.

22. Union workers should be protected against being fired during strikes. - Agree.

23. Prostitution should be legalized. - Agree.

24. Flag burning should be banned. - Disagree.

25. I support affirmative action. - Neutral.

26. The government should impose tariffs to protect industries from foreign competition. - Neutral.

27. Physician-assisted suicide should be legal if the patient is capable of informed, rational consent. - Agree.

Economic score: -5.74
Social score: -7.91

So I've actually drifted about a point to the left on both scales since I first took the test.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 08:50:36 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 05:40:19 PM »

I've always found this a bit odd. Consider the top-grossing movies of 2013 (US):

1. The Hunger Games: Jennifer Lawrence leads the rural working class in resisting a government dominated by cosmopolitan elites.

2. Iron Man 3: A young Romney-esque protagonist uses his wealth to save the world from terrorists.

3. Frozen: Climate change denial cloaked as a children's movie. Enough said.

4. Despicable Me 2: Dramatic tension stems from the main character's struggles as a single parent. Clearly, children need both a mother and a father.

5. Man of Steel: An adventure ripped straight from the tales of Edward Nietzsche.

6. Gravity: Either Cuarón was trying to make 90-minute special effects demo, or this is an extended metaphor for the life of Christ.

7. Monsters University: Satire of liberal academe.

8. The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug: Sequel to Rick Santorum's favorite movie.

9. Fast & Furious 6: Celebration of masculinity.

10. Oz the Great and Powerful: Don't leave the United States, because you'll run into all kinds of wacky characters and uncomfortable situations.

You might object that I haven't actually seen any of these movies. IRRELEVANT, I say, because HOLLYWOOD'S CONSERVATIVE MESSAGE IS THAT CLEAR.

One of the funniest things I've seen on this forum.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 07:26:22 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 01:02:01 AM »

Thinking of someone who is an immigrant to this country and a Bosnian Muslim as a nativist and an Islamophobe is a little amusing to me
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 03:41:41 PM »

We all learn differently. Not sure how it's beneficial to uniform and teach math this way and only this way, but I'm sure some people learn it this way.

Yeah, I can understand how the expanded form in addition might help someone, at least when they are starting out.  But at some point, especially with the clunky terminology as shown here, a new approach becomes more confusing and just generally worse than the perceived need for improvement.

I don't disagree with that. And I don't know why there's such a need for this one miracle method of teaching people. People learn in all of sorts of ways, so these one shoe fits all education solutions are garbage.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 03:41:59 PM »

Very few outside of Ron's few rabid supporters will vote for Rand after Ron begins making ridiculous comments on the campaign trail.
Have you watched any interview involving Ron Paul in the last few years? The man is obsessed with his son's future. He will censor himself when Rand jumps in.

Liability because Rand gets way too angry everytime a reporter mentions him.
Because Rand is far more established and serious than his ideologue father. That doesn't make Ron Paul a liability.

The truly hilarious thing is that Ron Paul is probably the most sincere politician in America. It has only been relatively recently that conservatism was associated with strong military and expansionary policy. For a very long time in this nation, conservatism was non-interventionist.

Amen.  And the GOP establishment went out of its way to make sure he didn't get the nomination.
As a Ron Paul supporter, I look back at the 2011-2012 campaign and now realize that the Paul campaign had no chance in hell, but the establishment seemed to have had a plan B to deal with Paul. I think they will accept Rand in 2016, however.

Lol at him being a liability. Ron Paul is the only way Rand can maintain his libertarian base if he keeps appealing to the Neo-cons so much.

He's been clever though in using Reagan to package his rhetoric on foreign policy.

I think the much bigger problem with Ron Paul is the anti-Semitism and obsession with fringe issues like gold as sound money and the Federal Reserve. Rand himself has been smart enough to avoid making those things an issue and has targeted issues with broad non-partisan public concern like the deficit, debt and wars.

Those voters won't care about the racist newsletters. Obama being associated with a racist didn't stop him from winning.

Obama's father wasn't racist.
Yet, Rand Paul has still remained true to his father's ideals on the issues involving gold and the Fed, just less centered on them. And I don't know where you get the idea that Ron Paul is anti-semite, unless you actually believe he wrote the newsletters or that his refusal to go along with the AIPAC line constitutes that....
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 04:16:34 PM »

After the impeachment of President Jefferson and VP Kasich, Speaker Goldwater was named President, he later selected former Sec. State Colin Powell, his economic policy marked a Libertarian turn for America between 2010-2012, known as the "Yellow Crush", though driving off Tea Party Candidates after coming out in support of Gay Marriage and Athiesm, Senator Ted Cruz (Appointed after the untimely death of John Cornyn in late 2009), challenged him from the right, he gained a lot of steam, winning his home state of Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and surprisingly, even Wisconsin, though Goldwater pulled through after Cruz's campaign was drained of funds after the resignation of Chief of Staff Steve Stockman, meanwhile, Governor Guntaker of Wisconsin, who defeated Scott Walker in a landslide of 56% to 43%, also famous for his stand against Gun Control, passing both a Hand Gun and assault Weapons ban in the space of 5 months, spoke up to run after his approvals were at 50%, he faced an uphill climb to defeat favorite for the nomination and 2008 runner up Mary Landreiu, but after Landreiu's campaign started imploding after a series of bad Debate performances, notable gaffes, and flip flopping on a number of issues, she pulled out of the race to fundraise with Senate Candidates, allowing Guntaker to narrowly snatch Iowa, followed by a .2% win over Senator Liz Warren (Beat Brown in 2010), who then pulled out herself, Guntaker found himself waltzing to the nomination, but with troubles from the Religious/Evangelical Democrats, who took issue with his Social Liberalism and being an Athiest, he soothed the worries by picking Rep. Scott from Arkansas, an outspoken Religious Moderate, Guntaker's road to beating Goldwater was set, in the Debates, Guntaker tied with Goldwater on Economic Issues, but made gaffes when it came to Social Issues, not wanting to offend the Religious right, but he pulled through in the second and third, due to Goldwater being tied up and stressed after visiting former President Jefferson in Illinois, in the end, 2012 would go down as one of the most exciting races in history.

Gov. Guntaker(D,WI)/Rep. Scott(D,AR):347 EV, 52%

Pres. Goldwater(R,WA)/VP Colin Powell(R,NY):191 EV, 46%
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 07:25:59 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 07:40:30 PM »

New Jersey, which should not have gotten a horrible state majority.

I also voted FS for South Carolina.  I don't feel that strongly, but if Georgia is a freedom state, I don't see why South Carolina is not.

What I don't understand is Georgia is an even more deep south state than South Carolina, but instead they voted HS when the only two border states got voted at least 2:1 FS. Is South Carolina just a bastion of awfulness? Or was it judged based more on stereotypes and the fact that it didn't have a major liberal city/area and was more conservative than the other two? I say the latter.

Maybe because it was the first to secede?  I don't know.  I'd rate South Carolina at least as high as Georgia, one reason being the longer coastline, and that Atlanta isn't that great of a metro.

Still, it's understandable why North Carolina would receive higher approval than either.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 12:53:17 AM »

How about some good posts instead?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 08:38:02 PM »

I'm just saying it's ridiculous to say somebody's an HP simply because they're Republican.
It wasn't painfully obviously that Scott was joking?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 12:36:01 AM »

Absolutely horrible. It blows minor incidents (and non-incidents) out of proportion.

Also, the emphasis is usually on the wrong items. For example, zero tolerance for cursing, while hesitating to punish bullying. Not only is that standard morally wrong, but antithetical to the standards of the real world, i.e. not preparing kids for adulthood.

On a larger scale, I'm not against appropriate discipline of children, but I think our society is too focused on stopping misbehaving children, where we don't focus enough on having punishments proportional to the offense. The fact that we use corporal punishment for children, but not for criminals, is because of this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies