Favourite latest post by previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:06:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91830 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: March 08, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »

Opebo in power would make Putin look nice and harmless.

opebo is a lazy who would probably just direct his cabinet to pass some common sense economic regulations while he does this all day...

opebo/opebo
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:03:58 PM »

Labor is a large party with diverse viewpoints represented. If someone is Vice Chair, its because that person is a respected leader within the party, not because the rest of us want to make all of his wildest dreams come true.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 11:46:09 AM »

Wow, two on a row? And from two posters I'm usually not in excellent terms with? That must be my lucky day! Cheesy
I don't know, the second one isn't as good as the one where you tell Obamanation to DIAF for his Akinesque abortion post.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 03:35:49 PM »

Now getting to my main issue: If we are random piles of atoms brought together for a tiny amount of time in some unimportant corner of the universe as the atheists assert, where does morality come from? Why isn't this all meaningless?

Because we are humans, that is the single greatest entity in the known universe. We have always successfully striven to rise about our biologic determinants and build a world according to our own principles. We created the concept of morality, through our own personal and collective reflection.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:15:11 AM »

Solar energy is a terrible idea because it is a finite resource. If we switch to solar, the sun will eventually burn out and we will all be bathed in darkness.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 08:37:44 PM »

Well, that puts the rattlesnake in the henhouse.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 09:34:47 AM »

Leading off:

NC-12/NC-09/Charlotte Mayor: The Charlotte City Council could choose a replacement for ex-Mayor Patrick Cannon by tonight. There doesn't seem to be a clear frontrunner:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The three choices that conventional wisdom points to are State Sen. Dan Codfelter, ex-Councilman Smuggie Mitchell and ex-County Commish Jennifer Watson Roberts. Obviously, note that selections do not necessarily have to be currently serving on the council.

Mitchell is currently running for CD12. He has hinted that he would leave the crowded CD12 race for the appointment. Without him, the race could potentially evolve into a two-person contest between Malcolm Graham and Alma Adams.

My choice, both personally and from the position of a Democratic strategist, would be Roberts. She was on the county commission from 2004 to 2012 and is respected in the Charlotte political community.

Though I wrote Watson off when she ran for NC-09 in 2012, she ran far ahead of the other Democrats. After years of Myrick landslides, she held Pittenger to just 6 points. When Pittenger retires (could well be within the next 10 years, as he's 65) this district will almost certainly be more competitive. Having Charlotte mayor on her resume, and everything that goes with it, would really help Watson if she ran again.

NC-Sen: One of the leaders of the 'Women for Tillis' coalition was a founder of NC's Planned Parenthood headquarters. Probably not a big story, but I can see Harris, and to a slightly lesser degree Brannon, bring this up later.

NC-Sen/NC-02: Aiken and Hagan spoke at the NC Young Democrats Convention in Greenville.

NC-12: Profile of George Battle. He has an impressive resume, with a career in the school and hospital system. I'd place him at the top of the second tier in this race.

LA-06: In its series on this race, the LSU Reveille interviews Trey Thomas (R). Thomas was a football player at LSU but now runs a nonprofit which helps troubled families get access to counseling and education. A black Republican, he's also emphasizing minority outreach.

More LA-06: Going on with his 'new generation' theme, Dietzel is out with some proposals for Congressional ethics reform. With his background in technology and campaign fundraising, Dietzel brings some expertise to the table here.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 12:41:35 PM »

n/a
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »

I think the idea that someone is a Pub these days because of the Dems past involvement in racism, prior to making a 180 degree course correction on that matter, is close to sui generis these days, to be honest. I mean, it is almost literally bizarre, and I say that as  Pub.
They may have made a course correction, but that doesn't change the fact that they did have a past involvement in racism.
And the fact that you would base your party affiliation on that is bizarre, yes. You're proving Torie's point.
How many times do I have to say that it's NOT the only reason I'm a Republican?

It might not be the only one, but it's clearly a major one for you, which is kind of bizarre. Especially considering the Republicans also had past involvement in racism...
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 07:07:11 PM »

Yes; I've had dreams of being pursued by a rattlesnake (although I understand they don't do that IRL).  I've also had dream of being pursued by a person trying to kill me.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 10:34:48 AM »

So the US tried to turn Ukraine into its satellite? That's news to me.

Naturally, TNF isn't going to elaborate... Roll Eyes

Some of us actually do things besides post on this forum, you know? You should try it some time. Might help with your high blood pressure.

But to that point, Ukraine is clearly in the process of being transformed into a U.S. satellite, much like many of the former Warsaw Pact or Soviet states in the area. First comes a "color revolution" (which more often than not is an actual revolution against corruption and misrule by the hangers-on of the old bureaucratic despotisms) which then quickly degenerates into exchanging one set of corrupt elites (the pro-Russian ones) for another (the pro-American ones). NATO expansion brings these under the protective umbrella of American firepower, and there you have it: new frontiers for American capital to expand and exploit the people of the former Soviet bloc.

Of course, this isn't to say that becoming a Russian satellite would be preferable for these states, either. That imposes the same kind of rule from abroad that weakens their internal economies and corrupts their politics. The only way these countries are going to be able to have any sort of independence is to develop on their own and give both Russia and the U.S. the bird.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 09:48:32 PM »

At least this means Dave Leip will have some company
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 10:07:28 PM »

Kanye is the greatest artist of our generation.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 05:27:03 PM »

Iran is a country without the consent of at least two or three different numbers, the solution, and after 12 years of conflict, the Iranian nuclear program, Reuters employees.

jao
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies