Favourite latest post by previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:59:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 91797 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: March 12, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 02:08:46 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:44:54 PM »

Now I remember why I had Mr Pollo on  ignore
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 07:43:54 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »

You know, I hate to sound like a pessimist, but I don't get why everyone's focused on such trivial social issues like 'group marriage' or 'extraterrestrial rights.'  I mean, really.  Regardless of whether or not they're acceptable for us to embrace, when is our government ever going to have to deal with situations that warrant these policies?

Real marriage is a union between one man and one woman.  If you don't like that, then feel free to hold your own views on the subject.

You heard the man.  It doesn't matter if a marriage is between two people who were divorced twenty times.  It doesn't matter if the nature of the marriage is purely sexual.  It doesn't matter if people got married out of guilt or family obligation.  All that matters is that it's between one man and one woman.  Anything else is just, you know, offensive.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »

Here's the thing: it's okay to be a far left crazy person, but when push comes to shove you better damn well get in line and support The President, else you're as good as supporting the teabaggers.

Uh, no dude, sorry, that's just wrong. You sound like the caricature of what True Leftists think we Smart Leftists* are.

*Can I give my contribution to expanding the Atlas vocabulary?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »

Ugh, one of the most boring Republicans since Bob Dole, there isn't anything of interest about him.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 02:47:32 PM »

I like the idea since it's a good balance of power giving the executive branch this option.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 09:03:41 PM »

One of the biggest problems facing America today. Glad to see North Carolina leading the fight against this serious threat!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 11:28:39 PM »

True Leftists at least know that their ideas are unpopular and are, for the most part, genuine in what they believe.  Tumblr Leftists strike me as one of those "we call ourselves individuals just for the sake of calling ourselves individuals" types.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »

Famous boxer falsely convicted of murder, of Bob Dylan fame. I know what song I'll be listening too.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 12:47:20 AM »

Hyannis Port, May 8th, 1996:

Former United States Senator Edward Kennedy is seated in a wheelchair that he has been in since 1990.  The incident which had left him so incapacitated was that which took him from the Chamber that he held dear to his heart.  Part of him truly regretted not running for re-election in 1994, but the stress, heartache, emotional toil, and personal battles he fought in those four years were enough for him to throw in the gloves.
After the rise of Mitt Romney, though, he was starting to have some strong regrets about retiring.  In a few years that man would likely be president, given the momentum he is currently enjoying.  Really, the comeback of the Massachusetts GOP had him shaking, as he thought that the moderate Republicanism of the party had be thoroughly rebuked in the past three decades.  Sure, President Bush really motivated Republican hopes in the eighties, taking up the mantle of his predecessor and infusing it with “Compassionate Conservatism” as he called it.
The assassination of Reagan came at a most opportune time, around the budget debates of 1981.  Some of Reagan’s advisors advocated for extreme welfare program cuts that would’ve brought the US back to levels of government welfare from the early 1930s.  Basically, they wanted to return the US back to the Roaring Twenties.  After Reagan’s assassination in March of ’81, Bush came to the presidency and immediately brought about a pragmatic moderate conservative approach to governance.
To this day there are those who argue that assassin John Hinckley, Jr., whose family had known Bush for years, was secretly employed by Bush to bring about the death of Reagan.  Later on it would be revealed that infamous serial killer Bill “Slick Willie” Clinton was actually the main influence on Hinckley to kill Reagan.
The same man who was responsible for putting Kennedy in this wheelchair.  Well, at least I lost a few pounds.
Kennedy looked at the interviewer before him.  Walter Cronkite was a legend who is most known for his coverage of the assassination of John F. Kennedy, Ted’s older brother.  Now pushing into the upper boundaries of old age, Cronkite specifically requested this interview in the wake of the government shutdown, the recent scandals with HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo (the son of the incumbent President, whose appointment in 1994 to replace the resigning predecessor as “controversial”), questions about Vice President Joseph Biden’s recent plagiarism scandal on the campaign trail, the chances that California Senator Jerry Brown had at an upset over the incumbent Vice President in the closing days of the Primary season (current delegate counts have Biden with a small lead, but that could be overtaken with just a small shift in superdelegates), as well as his encounter with the infamous “Slick Willie”.
Larry King: Hello this is Larry King.  Today I get the opportunity to interview the former long time US Senator of Massachusetts, Edward Kennedy.  Affectionately known to his friends, family, and the people as “Ted”.  Great to have you here Senator.
Edward Kennedy: More like great to have you here Larry!  Mother was always insisting that this house be full with friends and family.  I’m just glad to have the opportunity to have those close to us show up when they can.
Kennedy’s mother died a couple of years ago.  Rose Kennedy, the matriarch of the family who lived to be 104 years old and see the births of many grandchildren and great grandchildren, passed away one day in 1994.  Her passing would impact Teddy deeply, who was trying to balance sobriety with his disabled state and inner turmoil with working in the US Senate for the last few months of his long illustrious career.
King: Well first I would like to ask you about Bill.
Kennedy felt a revulsing feeling in his stomach.
Kennedy: I don’t want to talk about that sick son of a bitch.
King: Ted, it’s been six years.  Don’t you think it’s time for some closure?
Kennedy, thinking about how out of control his alcohol dependency had gotten in the wake of the infamous attack, decided to let go.
Kennedy: I mean, I trusted him Larry.  I trusted him!  Everybody did!  Bill Clinton was a reliable member of Congress!
King: I found it interesting, before all those revelations, that he decided to stay on the Congressional level than make another attempt at the Governorship, don’t you?
Kennedy shrugged.
Kennedy: Well you gotta keep in mind the times.  After he lost that race, he was under the impression that would be the last time he would ever be able to compete effectively statewide.  As well, he always had a sociopathic urge to mingle with high society, which is what Washington really is about.
King: Now you said you actually met Clinton when he was campaigning for McGovern in ’72?
Kennedy nods.
Kennedy: Yes, I remember that day just like it was yesterday.  Which is really funny, before all of this madness, right when he first got into Congress, he had to remind me about that day.  Now I can’t get it out of my mind, even if I wanted to. . . . . 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »

Esk responds – “I think we would be totally in the right to do it. That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.”

LOL?
Wannabe-libertarian dregs like him bring true libertarians into disrepute.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 10:01:24 PM »

Why the leftist love for TR? Parker ran to his left.

Um.........

Having lost the 1904 election badly with a conservative candidate, the Democratic Party turned to two-time nominee William Jennings Bryan, who had been defeated in 1896 and 1900 by Republican William McKinley. Despite his two previous defeats, Bryan remained extremely popular among the more liberal and populist elements of the Democratic Party. Despite running a vigorous campaign against the nation's business elite, Bryan suffered the worst loss of his three presidential campaigns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1908
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 02:56:59 PM »

I could see him making another run for governor if a Democratic administration implodes. But if there's ever an opportunity like that, he'd probably get trampled by Issa, McClintock, Hunter, or Royce.

Excellent news! That means a real candidate can run here!

Like a self-funder? I don't see any established Republican career politician who would run for this seat.

Issa could at make it competitive...and that's all Republicans should ask for right now.

NYE pls

There are multiple volumes of truth to this post.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 12:51:56 AM »

Not surprising at all. Here's my theory for this. Most liberals are young. Young people are less likely to use TV, thus they use online sources for their news. This is not good for liberal MSNBC. While most conservative voters still use TV, which is good for conservative Fox News.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 03:46:45 PM »

Because yes a few bad apples dictates what the whole city of Boston was like during the 1960s. Those people failed at the ballot box (except for maybe a fluke victory by Louise Day Hicks), and for good reason.  Bostonites were very divided over the issue but they more often than not in those days fell on the right side of history.  Your strawmanning is absurd.

If you want to pull out examples from history, however, I can think of a few times in history where the Harvard Faculty would be on the way wrong side of history.  Needless to say, an academic institution that had Jew quotas as late as the 1920s has been on the wrong side of history more than a few times, probably a good deal more so than the Citizens of Boston.  You can criticize the people of Boston for not being quick and zealous in support of equal rights for non-whites, but where the hell was Harvard when the Know Nothings came into power?  Where the hell was Harvard when the state's election laws favored only the wealthy landowning elites?  Where the hell was Harvard when the Robber Barons were running the state's politics?  Where the hell was Harvard when the state police were putting down unions with impunity?

They were on the wrong side of history, of course.  And sure, a lot of this was decades ago (but so was your atrocious strawman), but I know my history enough not to trust a bunch of rich eggheads with the future of society (again, would you have preferred America where only the rich vote?  Because that is what your heroes supported in times past).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 11:35:08 AM »

How can you people not be voting for Lee Iacocca?   I mean just imagine - if Ted Kennedy had a Ford Pinto in Chappaquiddick it would have floated.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 12:13:08 AM »

I'm glad to see that the Democratic party's second attempt to swing an Israeli election has failed miserably, unlike their first attempt under Clinton which led to the election of Barak.

Oh please. The Republicans let Netanyahu use them as a backdrop for his dishonest, bellicose, alienating, almost palpably sleazy 'statesman' theatrics because they thought it would help them score points against a president who's already a lame duck. That's significantly more abject than anything the Clinton administration did.

Yes Netanyahu is a nightmare.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 02:05:20 PM »

Mac isn't completely a douche either, just mostly. There's some real pathos to him sometimes.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 07:43:08 PM »

Never thought I'd say this but... Hell is too damn cold.

Indeed. Hell will freez-... I mean, pigs will fly before I go there... Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 03:00:06 PM »

Unbreakable Union of freeborn Republics,
Great Russia has welded forever to stand.
Created in struggle by will of the people,
United and mighty, our Soviet land!

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Through tempests the sunrays of freedom have cheered us,
Along the new path where great Lenin did lead.
To a righteous cause he raised up the peoples,
Inspired them to labour and valourous deed.

In the victory of Communism's immortal ideal,
We see the future of our dear land.
And to her fluttering scarlet banner,
Selflessly true we always shall stand!

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 03:07:12 PM »

The horrible cities are Houston, Dallas (the worst), Phoenix (a close runner up to Dallas), and San Jose.
I am contractually obligated to disagree with your statement.  Tongue

Obviously there are a lot of great TimTurner posts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies