The People's Party: June Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:13:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 9798 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
« edited: June 04, 2014, 08:58:14 PM by Cincinnatus »

In approximately one years time, the disbursement of The People among this great country has given us control of the Senate, and three Presidential terms.  In one year, The People’s power has loomed large, encompassing every facet of Atlasian politics.  Without an official party structure, members have successfully fought for progressive advancement, and pragmatic governance, under two Party Presidents, and several Senators.

Is it coincidence that in light of The Parties disbandment, Nix and Duke were rightfully elected President?  Where would The People be without these two championing The Cause?  Where would Atlasia be without these handsome boys, keeping it afloat?    I, for one, would rather not consider the alternative, and fortunately, we don't have to.  The influence of The People is ever expanding, and the honored responsibility to serve them has been granted to those willing to answer the call.  For we did not deserve The People's grace, but we received it anyway.

Bounded by party structure, The People lacked space to roam the political landscape, to influence the duopoly, and to spread The Movement across the political spectrum.  Demands have changed, however, and The People, eager to settle down after a long year of work, need a place to rest their head at night.  Where can we possibly call home?  The Progressive Union faces impending dissolution, and the gap between Federalists and Labor is only intensifying.  It has become clear that only one possible alternative exists.

As it was during formation, a void exists. A void exists, that must be filled by strong force of will, a cult of personality, if you will.  A heavy drinking group of young men mutually inclined to work for the benefit of this game, and to achieve policy through pragmatism, and by occassionally, getting the opposition wasted.

I leave you with the founding words of our endeavor:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The People's Platform

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2014, 10:18:44 PM by Simfan34 »

Hurrah!
Hurrah!
Hurrah!

I am proud to say I am already am a registered member of the Party- I always have been!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2014, 09:14:14 PM by Senator Malcolm X »

I'm proud to be the first to rejoin The Party, though in my heart I never left!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 09:10:49 PM »

I wept tears of joy when I saw this thread, and from somewhere on the wind I could almost hear a voice whisper "The People return". Glorious, glorious news.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 09:22:08 PM »

When Duke and I first began our campaign on that cool crisp fall night all those years ago, and we talked in great lengths about The People, we were proud, for we knew Their will would represented through The People's Ticket. But now on this glorious day, after our good friend Simfan has returned home safely, and The People's Will is shining more brightly than ever, we realize that The Party of The People must return for this glorious celebration to be complete. So hold hands, dance with a lovely lady, and watch as these handsome boys do our best to transform Atlasia into the nation it once was, the nation as we have dreamed it to be, and can become once again.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 09:25:07 PM »

Welcome back!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 09:35:40 PM »

Well, I was not a member of this party during my early times in Atlasia, but now that this party is back and with the demise of the Progressive Union, I would be glad to be a part of it!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 09:54:56 PM »

Cincinnati, could you possibly change Assemble to something else? When I first saw this thread I thought it said- something terribly different. Anyways everything else about it looks good, here's to the new alter-ego of the Progressive Union!

It's not an alter-ego to the Progressive Union.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 09:57:37 PM »

Cincinnati, could you possibly change Assemble to something else? When I first saw this thread I thought it said- something terribly different. Anyways everything else about it looks good, here's to the new alter-ego of the Progressive Union!

Fun fact: TPP held a Senate majority with 18 members nationally. The PUAs have never won a national election ever.

(according to oakvale, at least)

Another fun fact is that I was elected Senator as a Progressive, but I highly reccomend not talking about the Progressive Union so we can avoid potential debates, xD
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 10:01:11 PM »

Fun fact: TPP held a Senate majority with 18 members nationally. The PUAs have never won a national election ever.

(according to oakvale, at least)

Another fun fact is that I was elected Senator as a Progressive, but I highly reccomend not talking about the Progressive Union so we can avoid potential debates, xD

PU's only lacked The People to guide them.  Now they have both party structure, and life purpose.  Ignore the empty rhetoric from a man that can't even read my display name correctly, together, The People shall prosper.

Drinks on me Gentleman. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 10:04:24 PM »

Whisky sours?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 10:06:21 PM »

Just a nitpick on your economic policy platform - at-will employment is illegal in Atlasia, as per the Fair Labor Standards Act of 2013.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 10:08:21 PM »

I may join in The Party's legion as soon as possible. (I don't want to invalidate my vote in the PU's dissolution)

I believe that our first step should be to review our platform! =)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 10:09:05 PM »

I may join in The Party's legion as soon as possible. (I don't want to invalidate my vote in the PU's dissolution)

I believe that our first step should be to review our platform! =)

I would welcome the SoEA's joining us!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »

That's Labor's drink.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 10:11:54 PM »

Just a nitpick on your economic policy platform - at-will employment is illegal in Atlasia, as per the Fair Labor Standards Act of 2013.

Indeed.  Clearly, this platform that was written during our original founding went a long way to ensure that happened.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 10:15:15 PM »

I love a good old fashioned too along with whiskey sours. Not trying to impose my choices, but just making a suggestion...
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 10:15:26 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2014, 10:18:30 PM by SoEA Superique »

In a few hours, The People achieved Two Senate Seats, a SoIA, One Vice-President and a very likely to become a Governor. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 10:17:40 PM »

And an SoEA, I hope! In due time...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 10:35:40 PM »

So this is just the PUAs, huh? Come back when you have people who aren't terrible.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 10:37:24 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2014, 10:40:16 PM by Simfan34 »

So this is just the PUAs, huh? Come back when you have people who aren't terrible.

Oakvale? Cincinnatus? Myself? We were never in the Progressives. Not that there'd be anything wrong if we were...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 10:40:36 PM »

Granted, I like the three of you, but otherwise it's just blowhards like sirnick and X who want so badly to feel like they're special.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »

Interesting that an ostensibly centrist party has within it an extreme right-winger in TheRileyKeaton. Hmmm...
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 11:11:28 PM »

Granted, I like the three of you, but otherwise it's just blowhards like sirnick and X who want so badly to feel like they're special.
SirNick and X are boys who are true men of The People. I remember when I worked with SirNick in the Northeast Assembly when he was governor and I was speaker. One morning while walking to work after a night of partying with gorgeous girls, and lots of bourbon, SirNick and I discovered a stray puppy far from his home. Before I could even decide what to do, SirNick decisively, decided that we were going to return this puppy back to his home.

After 12 hours of walking all over Manhattan, we finally discovered that the puppy's home was in Long Island, but instead of placing the puppy in a mailbox with a stamp as most do, the honorable Governor decided that he would personally take the train to Long Island, and return the puppy to the nice little boy who was his proud owner.

Senator X is also a man of The People of course. Once we were eating lunch at one of Nyman's finest steakhouses, when an elderly gentleman began to choke on a porterhouse steak. Instead of running around, and sh**tting his pants like most do, X quickly sprang into action, and slapped the man in the back, sending the steak flying through the air, and eventually hitting a waiter in the forehead. The waiter was unharmed, thankfully, and X was a hero, saving the man's life.

The point of this story, is that these men are honorable handsome boys and hardly "blowhards", serving their country with the honor and integrity that men such as Russ Powers himself did in the Marine Corps all those years ago. Their commitment to The People is legendary, and their commitment to this nation grand. Don't believe me? Just ask a small puppy in Long Island, or a sweet old man wearing a bowtie in Nyman how they feel about men like SirNick and X. The unlikely saviors, the heroes that this nation does not want, but the heroes this nation needs.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 11:39:33 PM »

Interesting that an ostensibly centrist party has within it an extreme right-winger in TheRileyKeaton. Hmmm...

Riley is no extreme right-winger.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies