The People's Party: June Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:34:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 9827 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »
« edited: March 24, 2014, 07:45:38 PM by Senator Lumine »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

Certainly, it would be for the best to drop that part as well. Glad to see there's a lot of potential for platform reform!

In relations to your concerns about foreign policy. The danger of highlighting 'encouraging democracy' opens up a can of worms, to what extent would we 'encourage'? We spent a long time and lot of money to get ourselves out of the nation-building business. I believe we can support democracy movements, but I do not think it is our place to create it.

You're right on that, it seems I still have the bad habit of using the wrong terms when it comes to foreign policy. In this case I meant closer ties (trade, culture and so forth) with democratic nations while we use diplomacy and trade alone (no military interventions) to try and persuade authoritarian regimes to go for democracy. A use of soft power never hurts, I guess, and it doesn't involve real "nation building" if played right.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2014, 07:50:55 PM »

I'll definitely post my opinions here. But I'm currently over flooded with the 2012 Game. Luckily, You'll have my opinion here on thursday or friday!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2014, 08:51:15 PM »

I'd be supportive of changing the election reform language, I think federal control of referendums is a great idea (even if we still count it by region, at least have one central person opening and closing the voting booth).
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »

I do not think NATO should be expanded. Perhaps new organisations can be set up (SEATO 2.0?), and I would strongly support the creation of a Concert of Democracies. But I've seen nations like Argentina mentioned and it'd have no part in that.

I would also like to see (perhaps I should draft something) stressing our commitment to free enterprise and support for pursuing free trade agreements and reducing barriers between nations. In these times I think distinguishing ourselves on this point would be helpful. Furthermore I'm very strongly in favour of nuclear power but I don't know about the rest of you.

And lastly I quite like the idea of regions administering elections. We need more federalism, not less.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2014, 04:05:50 PM »

Bump!

I am a little bit unsure as to how to proceed here, sould we propose formal amendments, delegate platform reform to a few experts...?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2014, 04:06:34 PM »

WIN THE ELECTION

Then worry about amendments. Wink
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2014, 05:42:27 PM »

Bump!

I am a little bit unsure as to how to proceed here, sould we propose formal amendments, delegate platform reform to a few experts...?

We're accepting formal propositions, which will be considered at the end of the convention. 
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2014, 10:16:56 PM »

A beautiful speech is coming tomorrow!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2014, 10:40:17 PM »

A Statement from the Vice Chair

I want to add my voice officially to the notes of concern about the tone of the current election for the at-large Senate seat.

While we will defend against false, misleading or plain silly allegations about our candidates, we do not endorse negative or inflammatory campaigning. It is counter to the principles of this party. We want MORE people engaged and active in the system, these types of campaigns only drive people away, leaving only the most aggressive and divided.

I note the changes of heart we have seen from many agents over the past few hours. Whomever wins the election needs to do so based on what they bring to the Senate, not who has the best attack machine. I don't know Rep Deus or his record, but I do know Alfred and respect him and his abilities.

The election has turned out in a way I hadn't expected and this is a good thing. If The People are successful, then it should be about a positive vision, because of what we want to achieve, anything else will be an empty victory.

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »

At-will employment is already illegal at the federal level.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2014, 10:47:14 PM »

You have already told us that, we are reforming our platform anyway, Dave Bless, my commie friend!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2014, 10:48:13 PM »

You have already told us that, we are reforming our platform anyway, Dave Bless, my commie friend!

Was just going to reiterate, as it's still in your platform. A friendly service reminder is all! Wink
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2014, 10:48:46 PM »

Was just going to reiterate, as it's still in your platform. A friendly service reminder is all! Wink

Your reiteration is very welcomed! =)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »

To those who joined Labor when this party fell apart and then jumped ship when the opportunity arose.... using people for your own self interest is pretty low in a game that is more or less a popularity contest.

The Peoples Party... aka the Kool Kids Klub offers as bankrupt a solution to Atlasia's problems as the aimless, self serving people who populate the party.

Averroes "Zell Miller" Nix, I'm talking to you.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2014, 11:06:35 PM »

To those who joined Labor when this party fell apart and then jumped ship when the opportunity arose.... using people for your own self interest is pretty low in a game that is more or less a popularity contest.

The Peoples Party... aka the Kool Kids Klub offers as bankrupt a solution to Atlasia's problems as the aimless, self serving people who populate the party.

You need not be vindictive against one of this country's most successful Presidents.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2014, 11:11:46 PM »

You need not be vindictive against one of this country's most successful Presidents.

Presidency isn't everything, Simfan. Nix seems to value the bullsh**t "People's Party" over his own people and his own ideals - or at least what I thought to be his ideals.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2014, 11:12:44 PM »

Presidency isn't everything, Simfan. Nix seems to value the bullsh**t "People's Party" over his own people and his own ideals - or at least what I thought to be his ideals.

I'm hurt to see such rhetoric, Alfred. Sad
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2014, 11:15:37 PM »

I'd rather have Nix vote for someone he genuinely believes in than strategic voting for Deus when you're clearly an Alfred voter Roll Eyes.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »

It's the truth, Simfan. The People's Party is not a real party. It has no ideology, no platform, it is the biggest tent possible, and apparently Averroes Nix has chosen it over Labor.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2014, 11:17:58 PM »

The Party has always stood for independence, love, respect, quality and activity. These are the principles I founded the original Party on the same ones that Cinci and Polnut carry on to this day. This whole uproar is really very sad.

No one is to be attacked for a vote they cast. Votes are very personal choices that people make when they step into the ballot box. Shame on anyone who attacked our former President for voting the way he voted. Voting is your civic duty and a basic right you should ALL hold near and dear to your heart. No one should be afraid to vote their heart.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2014, 11:21:50 PM »

It's the truth, Simfan. The People's Party is not a real party. It has no ideology, no platform, it is the biggest tent possible, and apparently Averroes Nix has chosen it over Labor.

I'd rather have Nix vote for someone he genuinely believes in than strategic voting for Deus when you're clearly an Alfred voter Roll Eyes.

You guys thought we were joking when they said "A vote for Deus is a vote for Alfred". Tongue No insult meant. Smiley I'm trying hard to get that across- I don't mean any venom.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2014, 11:26:36 PM »

The Party has always stood for independence, love, respect, quality and activity. These are the principles I founded the original Party on the same ones that Cinci and Polnut carry on to this day. This whole uproar is really very sad.

No one is to be attacked for a vote they cast. Votes are very personal choices that people make when they step into the ballot box. Shame on anyone who attacked our former President for voting the way he voted. Voting is your civic duty and a basic right you should ALL hold near and dear to your heart. No one should be afraid to vote their heart.

I find it interesting that the ex-President has had such a change of heart. We were such close friends, too.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2014, 11:49:48 PM »

I find it interesting that the ex-President has had such a change of heart. We were such close friends, too.

Hey man, I had plenty of friends of mine vote against me in my glorious re-election campaign. That's life. Life can be confusing sometimes, but it's still beautiful. Don't lose sleep over it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2014, 12:00:47 AM »

I can list perhaps a dozen allies and friends whose support I was surprised (to varying degrees) to not have in this election.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2014, 12:18:48 AM »

I also want to make a further comment about the nature of this party.

It has been accused of having no ideology. This is not true. Does it adhere rigidly to the right? No - Does it adhere rigidly to the left? No. It has a broadly progressive ideology. Which of course, to those of the right and the far-left is viewed with contempt. But will not apologise for this.

We are a broad church, and we have never denied this, nor expected absolute purity. We believe in activity and engagement above anything else.

I do hope this unnecessary angst will fade.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies