The People's Party: June Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:30:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 9786 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2014, 08:35:51 PM »

Excellent speech Superique.  This has taken quite a while, and I'm going to/have had a busy month IRL, so I'll  plan to compile the actual proposed amendments, and make my own Tuesday night.  This convention will hopefully end with a vote on the propositions this weekend. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2014, 05:26:05 PM by Cincinnatus »

The amendments put forth, from Superique, are as follows, and largely touched upon the key issues I was hoping for.  If anyone else who I haven't PM'd about the platform wants to introduce a change, do so by Friday.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »

Why are we using the term organisms?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2014, 09:28:23 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The Chair and Vice Chair will be making a statement on the Party's endorsement processes for a few upcoming races, including the at-large Senate race in the next 24 hours.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »

Gentleman, please vote on the following amendments to the Party Platform.  Voting will last 72 hours. 

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2014, 06:05:42 PM »

Whats our IRC channel? Cincin messaged me saying we had one...but didn't say the channel name...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »

Whats our IRC channel? Cincin messaged me saying we had one...but didn't say the channel name...

I have the same doubt, what is the channel name?

And I vote Aye.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2014, 08:09:52 PM »

Aye to all amendments
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2014, 11:45:55 PM »

Aye to all
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2014, 12:00:42 AM »

STATEMENT FROM THE LEADERSHIP TEAM

As a party, we need to make sure we put our best foot forward and do everything possible to ensure a strong performance and a strong representation of the policies and interests of The People and those who support us electorally.

There we are proposing the following:

* There shall only be one officially endorsed candidate per election of The People;
* There will be an endorsement vote for each election within The People's official thread;
* Candidates will have 24 hours to announce their candidacy, with a vote to follow to last another 24 hours.
* That candidate will be the officially endorsed candidate and any candidate who wishes to run despite the lack of support of the party, may face explusion
* The only time more than one candidate may be endorsed by The People, will be in the event of a tie.

We are proposing this format be instituted immediately.

Chair Cincinnatus and Vice Chair Polnut.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »

Well, I agree with the proposed method. If I'm not mistaken the election will be on April 17 (I thought it was on April 24 at the beginning), so that gives us four days in case we hold a vote for the At-Large Senate endorsement between Simfan and me (since both of us already announced our candidacies).
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »

Well, I agree with the proposed method. If I'm not mistaken the election will be on April 17 (I thought it was on April 24 at the beginning), so that gives us four days in case we hold a vote for the At-Large Senate endorsement between Simfan and me (since both of us already announced our candidacies).

...do we really have to do this?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2014, 05:30:21 PM »

I don't think the endorsement process makes sense for at-large races.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2014, 06:30:14 PM »

We have had a spark of conversation about this, both here and in private and it's a good thing. After consultation, we have decided to not implement this yet. But we will be taking it to the next Conference for debate.

Thank you all.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2014, 04:13:52 AM »

aye

[/quote]
aye

[/quote]
aye

[/quote]
nay
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2014, 05:23:41 AM »

Aye Aye Aye Aye
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2014, 07:31:57 AM »

All amendments pass.  We'll consider this convention officially closed following the election this weekend.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2014, 01:47:32 AM »

I would like to extend my congratulations to all the candidates who were re-elected, or those who were elected this weekend.

I would particularly like to send my best wishes to Senator Lumine who was successful in retaining his seat and will continue to serve the interests of The People.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2014, 10:10:43 AM »

It's sad to see that Butafly could not win a seat this time around, but I'm sure a future run could be very productive. In the meantime, I'll be glad to continue to work in the Senate representing our party. Thanks, Polnut, and thanks to the party for all of their support!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #170 on: May 23, 2014, 05:49:25 PM »

Dear party members and allies,

If anyone has any issues, or just wants to be involved, please feel free to message Polnut or myself.  Take it upon yourself to be involved with the party.  We're here to support the growth of our members, and become involved in any way we can.  Don't send Polnut or myself a private message ten minutes before you change parties that it is your duty to inform me of said decision.  That is all.

Have a joyful day.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #171 on: May 23, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »

On a side note, we'll begin our next convention next week.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #172 on: June 04, 2014, 08:57:06 PM »

Welcome to the June convention Gentleman.  With the Federal election only a couple of weeks away it's time to get moving.  In opposition of formality, we will skip the whole sign in nonsense.  I encourage all members to contribute freely.  Official proceedings will begin Thursday, but party members are welcome to discuss the platform and bylaws for the duration of the convention.  If anyone wishes to address the convention, feel free to do so.

Quote from: Restricted

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: June 04, 2014, 10:17:27 PM »

Friends, countrymen, The People...welcome to The People's Party Convention

I realize, that there are not many of us registered to The People's Party, but that doesn't matter because we try to stand For The People. We do this by listening to The People regardless of their political affiliation, gender, creed, race, preference to highlight buzzwords in posts that few will read, or even their religion.

The Vice President, Cinncinnatus, has graciously asked me to speak before this convention to tell you a bit about mine and Dallasfan's ticket. I have selected an elder statesmen as my running mate, one who is not the same party because Atlasians are not of the same party. What better fit for a divided country than a ticket that has a proven history of working together to bridge divides?

The People's Party platform calls for economic policies that protects Atlasians from extreme inequality (or equality) and avoids economic stagflation. Dallasfan and I have proposed an overhaul of the welfare system, an enhancement to President Averroes' signature achievement. This would be a guaranteed level of income for all Atlasians --but with countermeasures to prevent abuse of the welfare system and promote good work ethics.

I'll tell you a secret about the People's Party and this ticket. We can embrace ideas and solutions that don't always fit with one party. We favor reducing taxes when it is done in a progressive way and does not increase the deficit.  In the Northeast, between my two terms as Governor and Dallasfan's term as Governor we reduced taxes on all income brackets, and at least halved the sales tax while keeping a budget surplus. We favor the Senate using its oversight power to see which programs work--  because if the program isn't working then we need to ask if we can fix it, or if we even need it.

Dallasfan and I both favor a single-payer health care system that does not reduce quality, does not increase prices and does not reduce access. While many may have a fundamental disagreement on if its government's responsibility to provide health care, our ticket does not favor pushing legislation for the sake of ideology. The SirNick/Dallasfan65 ticket is one for pragmatism and realism.

We will consider using all the tools in our tool box to implement public policy in a sound and competent way. If we promote policy "x" and the GM report comes back and says "Hey, this is going to hurt people" then we're either going to not advocate for it or find a way that works.  It's as simple as that because we are a realistic and pragmatic ticket.

You've already heard us speak about the need for a change in how we conduct our foreign affairs.  We must advocate for a stronger United Nations, we must push for an increase in trade and cultural exchange including with our friends in Latin America, Africa and Asia.  Simultaneously we must stand up for what our real values are -- democracy --we must  foster closer ties with democratic nations across the world.

The most important job of the President, in my opinion, is maintaining and advancing the game. Activity levels are cyclical but the President and Vice President's objective should be to increase activity, to bring more people into the process. One of our first tasks is elected will be just this: increasing activity. We don't claim to have the answer, but we want to lead the debate and then we want to take action --not just words.

Talk of Game Reform has been heard all over Atlasia. Our ticket favors the "Fix the Regions Amendment" as it creates a process to increase or decrease the number of regions. We believe there should be a mechanism to do this, if voters and elected officials decided to go down that route.

I saw that Senator Adam Griffin recently brought up a bicameral legislature amendment that somewhat reflects our own proposal for a bicameral legislature. Senator Griffin's proposal isn't perfect, but its an example of the need for Game Reform. We favor a bicameral legislature that increases the region's involvement with federal affairs --and doesn't castrate the regions of their rights. We proposed a second level of the legislature comprised of regional executives --this would not require more players, and it would give the regions a direct line to the federal legislature.

I don't want to drone on too long, but in our campaign thread you can view our other policy suggestions on areas like drones, copyrights and Game Moderator reform.

Lastly, remember -- the President and Vice President represent all The People. Even though we both run under party banners, we plan to listen to everyone. No party and no one person has a monopoly on good ideas. Its about time we put People Over Politics.

We are open to taking any questions you might have.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2014, 05:41:54 PM »

Per our Party bylaws, the following candidates are automatically endorsed for the Federal election:

President/Vice President:  sirnick/Dallasfan
ME Senator: ben

Any non-party members who wish to seek The People's endorsement for federal races have 48 hours to declare.   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies