The People's Party: June Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:45:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 9848 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2014, 05:56:43 PM »

Glad to have you back, Franzl Smiley
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix
E: -9.25, S: -8.15

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »

For someone who is quite new in this game it looks more like a cult than a party, for now. ;-)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2014, 07:12:21 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

A short time ago, I officially changed my registration to The People’s Party. This is a home-coming for me. I was a proud and active member of The Party in its first iteration. I believe it was a force for good, it encouraged participation and enthusiasm. I believe it is time for The Party to return and play that role within this country as our political dynamics shift more and more to the extremes.

To my friends in the Labor Party, I send you my best wishes for success. I was determined to help work within the party to not limit its ability to attract a broader swathe of voters. But fundamentally, while I agree with them on many things, there was a big enough disconnect that forced me to re-consider where I belong.

To my fellow Party members, I want to send a note of warning. Parties have doomed themselves through mass registration and zombie recruitment, leaving a rump to control it. I urge all fellow members, if you want to advocate for the Party, please do, but equally, make sure they want to participate and recognise that the Party’s focus is on the quality of our members and their activity, not sheer quantity of numbers.  I also call on members to look at our platform, it is fundamentally a progressive one, albeit a pragmatic one.

Even a small party can achieve great things, when there is a committed and active membership. So, I am pleased to return and look forward to working with you all for the betterment of our country.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2014, 09:28:45 PM »

I'm actually curious, are we going to have a special convention or just hold a few relevant votes?

Superique raised a great point in the potential that the platform has for reform, and I think we have to see what will happen with the Vice-Chair, the Secretary and the Regional Chairmans (I assume Cincinnatus will remain as Chair). Also, is the party going to use the old by-laws or create new ones?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2014, 09:37:30 PM »

I'm actually curious, are we going to have a special convention or just hold a few relevant votes?

Superique raised a great point in the potential that the platform has for reform, and I think we have to see what will happen with the Vice-Chair, the Secretary and the Regional Chairmans (I assume Cincinnatus will remain as Chair). Also, is the party going to use the old by-laws or create new ones?

A formal covention will take place this weekend, whereupon all relevant issues will be addressed. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2014, 01:38:54 AM »

Some remarks on what I feel The Party stands for:

A PEOPLE-ORIENTED POLICY
March 12, 2014 - San Francisco

My fellow Atlasians, I have been overjoyed by the news that The People's Party has once again returned to our land, just as I have. What this means is that The People's champions have returned, that this country of ours has had this crucial voice return to the stage. What we are trying to do now is the same thing we have done before- advance the interests of all of The People.

Even though The Party is returning only now, The People have been well-represented in the time before hand. Our last three Presidents, including the present President, Duke, have been amongst The People. Of the last eight presidents, five have been amongst The People. What this means is that The People, all along, have truly been in control. So why, you might ask, is The Party necessary at all? The Party should and must return at this point because the voice of The People cannot remain a whisper! I have heard the whispers in the wind, and so have many others of us who have been amongst The People. But we cannot merely whisper, indeed, we must shout the will of The People from the highest rooftops, the lowest canyons, the meanest streets. The People must be heard anywhere and everywhere!

Some say The Party is left wing, some say it right wing. They are wrong. The Party transcends traditional notions of "right" and "left"- serving The People does not indicate a sort of partisan lean! We stand firmly for choice and liberty, for the right for The People to determine the manner in which they live their lives- and this means choosing whom and how they love, but also the freedom to choose how and where they work. It means freeing The People from the tyranny of both the boss and the foreman, and to exchange one mean regime for another. It means The People must reign supreme.

Thus, The Party supports what advances the welfare and liberty of The People, and opposes what constrains it. I, and all of those in The Party, are at the mere disposal of enforcing and preserving the will of The People- to the ends of the Earth if need be! That is our policy, one fully oriented and focused on The People; not one segment thereof, nor merely those who are in The Party, but all The People.

Thank you, and long live The People!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2014, 08:59:21 PM »

Gentleman, I won't delay this glorious convention with minor pleasantries, except to say, welcome.  Many of of our old membership has returned, and the nostaligia has finally been abated.  To all the newcomers who have yet to be embraced by The People, you are an integral part of our revival, and together, a pragmatic center can stand united. 

Together, we must take the step to establish clear structure, and transparent leadership.  Everyone in this party is strongly encouraged to display independent mind, and stand firm within their strongest beliefs.  We can't however, lose sight of the fact that this party needs a unified message, one that doesn't respond independently to political rhetoric and baiting, but stands strongly behind pragmatic, civilized politics.

Tonight and into the weekend we will begin the nomination period for party Chairman, and Vice Chairman.  Simultaneously, any who wish to address the convention may do so. 
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 09:39:46 PM »

I nominate Cincinnatus for Chairman and Polnut for Vice Chairman.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2014, 10:07:45 PM »

I nominate Cincinnatus for Chairman and Oakvale for Vice-Chairman.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2014, 02:25:47 AM »

i nominate cinci for chairman and lumine for vice-chairman
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2014, 07:20:08 AM »

I accept the nomination for Vice Chair.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2014, 07:28:54 AM »

I nominate Cincinnatus for chairman. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2014, 07:53:46 AM »

I second Oakvale's nomination of Cincinnatus and Polnut.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2014, 08:46:30 AM »

I second Oakvale's nomination of Cincinnatus and Polnut.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2014, 11:15:26 AM »

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2014, 01:47:35 PM »

I second nominating Cincinnatus as Chairman, and I nominate Flo for Vice-Chair.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2014, 03:34:20 PM »

I am greatly encouraged by the strong support, and even more so by this push for Polnut as Vice-Chair.  I need an experienced, proven leader to help me guide this party, and this development is fantastic.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2014, 08:41:51 PM »

Oh, before I forget, I will not to accept the nomination for Vice-Chair. I honestly don't have the time right now (perhaps for Regional Chairman, but certainly not for Vice-Chair), and Former President Polnut obviously has both the widespread support and the ability for the position.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2014, 09:36:49 PM »

I also decline Secretary Superique's kind nomination for Vice Chair, and urge the party to support Polnut.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2014, 09:43:14 PM »

I want to decline Lumine's nomination for Vice Chair, and I would also like the party to support Polnut for Vice Chair.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2014, 10:10:28 PM »

I am honoured by the support from my fellow members.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2014, 10:27:15 PM »

I'd love to see Polnut as Vice Chair. Consider this my nomination of him.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2014, 09:45:16 AM »

I'd like to address The People shortly if it is acceptable to Them.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2014, 11:49:22 AM »

I fully support Cincy/Polnut.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies