The People's Party: June Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:49:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 9818 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2014, 03:20:01 PM »

I'd like to address The People shortly if it is acceptable to Them.

Without question.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »

I'd like to address The People shortly if it is acceptable to Them.

Without question.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »

I welcome the President addressing The People and our bearing witness to this event. 
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2014, 02:30:33 AM »

I will speak to the convention tomorrow
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2014, 03:38:19 PM »

A Speech from Duke
Good evening sweet convention goers,

For those of you who do not know, I previously founded The Party in September of 2012 during a time of great turmoil in this nation, wars in the streets, back room recruiting drives, murders, tears and all kinds of crises. When I founded it, I took a leap of faith and following the whispers that had been clouding my head for weeks, whispers of hope, unity, camaraderie and results. I didn’t know what it meant at the time, indeed, I founded the original Party without a plan, but I soon learned that one needn’t a plan when The People were leading the way. I put my hands in the air, felt the wind at my back, and along with some special people, we took off and accomplished things I never imagined.

Today, The Party is back and once again has set sail with The People as the captain and you all as Their loyal followers. But before you may fully immerse yourselves in this experience, you must understand what it means to be a part of The Party, and what it means to have The Will of The People flow through your veins.

First, you must trust your leaders. I stand here tonight fully in support of Cincinnatus and Polnut. These men are Men of The People. They lived through the ups and downs of The Party and participated in The People’s Greatest Triumphs. By trusting in them, you are trusting in The People’s Will, may it always been respected, and trusting in The Party. They know what is best for The Party because they take orders directly from The People that run this nation, the silent majority that so many wish to understand, yet none of us do. Tradition is, above all else, very important in The Project known as The Party. Buy into it now.

Second, you must understand The Party is results driven. The Party does not strive to be the largest party nor the most rigid ideological force; no, The People realize that no one ideology is best at solving the problems of this nation, just as The People’s Presidents have exemplified through their terms in office. If you become a whore to failed ideological belief, you will never achieve the success The People so demand. By tying yourself to sinking ships, you are only dragging The People down with you. And make no mistake, The People demand success. They demand respect. They demand Their voices be heard over all else. The People are only as good as the smallest child, the singlest mother, and the deadest of deadbeat fathers. We must ensure The People are healthy in order to move Atlasia forward.

Finally, you must understand The Party is about camaraderie. It is only as strong as its weakest member. Members of The Party have a strong tradition of being active, diligent, thoughtful and unified in their goal of serving The People and moving Atlasia forward, making our streets safer and improving the discourse in Atlasia. It is about supporting each other during tough elections. It is about trust and sharing your thoughts and feelings with each other and The People at large. It is about the Radical Gay Agenda. And love. No member of The Party should engage in questionable behavior, trolling, intimidating, bickering or anything of the sort. The People have ain’t got time for that - it accomplishes nothing and only hurts The Feelings of The People and Their children. It hurts progress. 

Remember these words, my friends, as you participate in The First Convention of the resurrection of The Party. To the new members, welcome aboard, take these words of advice, process them, adopt them, believe them, and you will go far. Welcome to The Party. Do all of us proud. You don’t want to let The People down.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »

Finally, you must understand The Party is about camaraderie. It is only as strong as its weakest member.

Uh oh.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2014, 08:28:19 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I am so pleased to be here with you all, as a proud member of The People's Party once again. As the President said in his address, when we joined before, in many ways, we did not know what the exact cause for our creation or the mission. All we knew is that this party was needed.

We had been through a time of uncertainty and instability in Atlasia, this country needed a force of stability and activity. We were never the largest party, but because it was party full of active, engaged and enthusiastic Atlasians, we punched well above our weight.

We will be the same again, I will work with our soon to be confirmed Chair and all members to make sure this is a party of genuine activity. Any inappropriate recruitment practices or the recruitment of zombie voters, will be met with serious consequences. We reject these practices because we did not need them to be successful and it undermines a key principle of this party. 

As this nation's ideological divide grows wider, The People are back. Let there be no mistake, this Party is not the Liberal Party redux, this is not the Progressive Union redux... it is not the re-branding of any other party, The People have returned, pure and simple.

Despite what some may say, this party has clear principles and policies. We believe in equality before the law for all people, that economic strength comes from the bottom up not the top down, and that the social contract we are all a part of must never be weakened. Now, not everyone in this party will agree on everything, but as the old saying I'm about to massacre goes, 'the unity' of this party 'does not rely on the uniformity of opinion'. We believe in doing the right thing, not because of some ideological angst-ridden argument, but because the evidence tells us so. The People want to get things done, we don't want to be an experiment in failed social and economic paternalism, we want to rely on experts and evidence to help guide our direction, not dismiss them because they won't tell us what we want to hear.

This party's mission must to be show the rest of Atlasia how important activity can be, what happens when a small party has a goal.  That goal is an open, inclusive and successful country where all citizens feel a stake in their futures. This is a tough ask, one fraught with perils and perched in a landmine of entrenched views and conventions, but I believe we can do it.

To all of you who have returned to this Party, welcome home. To those who have newly arrived, I welcome you to your new home.

Thank you all and good night.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2014, 08:41:39 PM »

Finally, you must understand The Party is about camaraderie. It is only as strong as its weakest member.

Contrastingly, Labor is as strong as steel and as sharp as a tack.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2014, 08:53:32 PM »

Labor trolling is as boring as Bob Dole trying to teach us about the benefits of eating an apple once a day...
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2014, 09:03:38 PM »

Labor trolling is as boring as Bob Dole trying to teach us about the benefits of eating an apple once a day...

Took me a minute. Banana!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »

Did I not state indisputable facts Tongue?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2014, 09:25:07 PM »

The only nominations seconded and accepted for Chair and Vice Chair are myself and Polnut, respectively.  If there's no objections, we will skip the formality of a vote.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »

The only nominations seconded and accepted for Chair and Vice Chair are myself and Polnut, respectively.  If there's no objections, we will skip the formality of a vote.

Completely fine with me, and congratulations, Mr. Chairman! What is next for the convention?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2014, 07:39:37 PM »

Completely fine with me, and congratulations, Mr. Chairman! What is next for the convention?

We will discuss and approve the by-laws.  I should have them up tonight, or tommorrow. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2014, 09:24:56 PM »

Below are the by-laws Polnut and I will put forth.  If there's any desired comments as to strucure, or procedure, feel free to discuss.  I will adopt the by-laws automatically if there are no objections.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2014, 08:16:47 AM »

I would happily serve as Northeast Regional Chair...you might even call it...Warden of the North
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2014, 08:21:01 AM »

I would heavily advise against bothering with regional chairmen.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2014, 08:24:41 AM »

We can take this route, which would be fine.  However, I think everyone should understand from the outset, as Chair, I only plan to utilize this position to delegate GOTV efforts during and leading up to elections.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2014, 02:18:41 PM »

The by-laws look good to me, and I would prefer if we had Regional Chairmans, I believe the positive effect on turnout should not be underestimated.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2014, 06:13:40 PM »

I understand your concerns. I mean, at the moment, we have 1 member in the IDS, therefore automatically the IDS Chair.

I'm content with keeping them, but equally, removing them and focusing on getting the whole party active for turnout doesn't bother me either. One thing the TPP in the past did not suffer from was low-turnout.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2014, 09:26:58 PM »

The By-Laws are adopted as is.  Platform discussion should be the last topic we'll have to cover here.  We'll continue to do so until discussion abates.

The People's Platform

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2014, 10:25:54 AM »

Well, first of all, congratulations to Ben on getting elected to the Mideast Assembly!

In second place, the old platform still seems quite suitable for our times, but I would recommend higher emphasis in foreign policy beyond the use of diplomacy. I believe we should commit ourselfs to encourage democracy in other nations when possible, and I think it would be innovative if we were to pursue NATO and UN reform (enlargement of NATO, reform of the Security Council and so forth), and a more concrete approach towards the continents as a whole (with an increased focus on Latin America, Africa and Asia in terms of trade and diplomacy).

I also like the approach towards the environment, but is there a chance we could make that commitment go even further? I'm sure Superique would be far more eloquent than me in this area, but we could try to pursue more regulations and more investment in that area, along with an increased use of solar and nuclear power.

Game Reform is an area that seems a little bit dead after the failure of changing the regions, but perhaps (and this is just an idea) we could go for something like changes in the Cabinet?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2014, 01:41:09 PM »

Well, first of all, congratulations to Ben on getting elected to the Mideast Assembly!

Why thank you!  I look forward to serving the People well.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »

These are both important considerations, but if we write this up as an amendment, they should be seperate, so that we can vote on them seperately.

Absolutely, and I think we can expand on infrastructure goals, as well as energy policy.  This portion of the platform is unneccesarily vague, in my opinion.

Obviously, I strongly support oakvale's crusade to change the name of cabinet positions.  Beyond that, I question what policy we can pursue that would fix a systemic problem.  I think a large part of the problem is the misconception of what cabinet officials are for, and the ambiguity regarding actual responsibility for the official, though restructuring bills have helped to mend this.

Additionally, I have grown to dislike this point more and more, largely considering our failure to even coordinate amendment votes;

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2014, 07:31:44 PM »

In second place, the old platform still seems quite suitable for our times, but I would recommend higher emphasis in foreign policy beyond the use of diplomacy. I believe we should commit ourselfs to encourage democracy in other nations when possible, and I think it would be innovative if we were to pursue NATO and UN reform (enlargement of NATO, reform of the Security Council and so forth), and a more concrete approach towards the continents as a whole (with an increased focus on Latin America, Africa and Asia in terms of trade and diplomacy).

I also like the approach towards the environment, but is there a chance we could make that commitment go even further? I'm sure Superique would be far more eloquent than me in this area, but we could try to pursue more regulations and more investment in that area, along with an increased use of solar and nuclear power.

Game Reform is an area that seems a little bit dead after the failure of changing the regions, but perhaps (and this is just an idea) we could go for something like changes in the Cabinet?

In relations to your concerns about foreign policy. The danger of highlighting 'encouraging democracy' opens up a can of worms, to what extent would we 'encourage'? We spent a long time and lot of money to get ourselves out of the nation-building business. I believe we can support democracy movements, but I do not think it is our place to create it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies