The People's Party: June Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:58:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 9833 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »

Granted, I like the three of you, but otherwise it's just blowhards like sirnick and X who want so badly to feel like they're special.

Roll Eyes

Given how much you've trolled Atlasia in search of attention, I can only assume you're projecting.  Regardless though, your claim that SirNick and I are "blowhards...who want so badly to feel like their special" is ridiculous.  If I just wanted that to feel special, I'd stay in Labor and listen to everyone praise me for staying in Labor Tongue  I'm not stupid, I knew there would be blowback if I joined The Party, but it was the right thing to do.  That said, I've always thought the bond I had with certain folks in Labor was more than just the letter next to my name.  I really don't see why my joining The People's Party needs to make enemies of us.  If that happens, it won't be because of me.  Right now, I leave Labor with no hard feelings and hope that at least some folks in the party feel the same way about my departure.  In any event, no regrets about joining The Party Smiley 

However, I do find it interesting how some folks who were fine with me when I was in Labor (a party that was willing to make me part of its leadership, had I chosen to take the position) suddenly consider me a "blowhard" who must be defeated at all costs because of a mere party label.  Maybe these individuals just smiled to my face and badmouthed me behind my back, but if that is the case, then Laborites who don't agree with everything the party leadership says or every single policy in the platform should ask themselves: "If they acted like X was part of the team, but really considered him an awful blowhard, what are they saying about me behind my back?  Is the only reason they want anything to do with me because of a letter next to my name?"  If this isn't the case and the friends and allies I had in Labor liked and voted for me because of more than just party ID, then I don't see why they wouldn't still be in my corner now.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 10:11:19 AM »

Well, good luck to all of you. Smiley

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 10:12:57 AM »

Maybe Labor wasn't willing to make you leadership, so you dropped out.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 11:12:04 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2014, 11:24:34 AM by Senator Malcolm X »

Maybe Labor wasn't willing to make you leadership, so you dropped out.

I know for a fact that you know full well that wasn't what happened.  In any event, I afraid you're gonna have to take this somewhere else, lest this become a full-blown thread hijack.  If you truly want to continue to discuss this, you're welcome to PM me.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 11:27:27 AM »

Granted, I like the three of you, but otherwise it's just blowhards like sirnick and X who want so badly to feel like they're special.

I don't see how I come off as "I want to be special." Mother already told me that I am special Wink
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2014, 12:01:15 PM by DemPGH »

Have we seen this movie before? From the ashes of a "large tent center party" shall rise another! Lots of talk about "the will of the people" and so on. 'Tis a cycle. Reminiscent of a legendary bird that according to myth once lived in the desert, perhaps.

Of course it's fine to start parties, but I can't help but make the observation.  

Interesting that an ostensibly centrist party has within it an extreme right-winger in TheRileyKeaton. Hmmm...

Always lots of room in the back of the truck. And the right loves this too.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 12:00:17 PM »

Have we seen this movie before? From the ashes of a "large tent center party" shall rise another! Lots of talk about "the will of the people" and so on. 'Tis a cycle. Reminiscent of a legendary bird that according to myth once lived in the desert, perhaps.

Of course it's fine to start parties, but I can't help but make the observation. 

Well, of course you've seen this before- back in September 2012! And yet still, The People have always been with us. They always shall.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 12:08:31 PM »

Interesting that an ostensibly centrist party has within it an extreme right-winger in TheRileyKeaton. Hmmm...

Always lots of room in the back of the truck. And the right loves this too.

Pretty sure Riley is a Federalist Tongue
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 12:11:41 PM »

Why Laborites are trying to hijack  this thread. Whenever a centrist party is created Laborites attack, when another right-wing party is created (the DR) the Federalists don't even bother criticizing them. There should be more civility in Atlasia. We should use the opportunity of the death of the Progressive Union to stop this kind of silly partisanship that we are watching here.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 12:16:50 PM »

Why Laborites are trying to hijack  this thread. Whenever a centrist party is created Laborites attack, when another right-wing party is created (the DR) the Federalists don't even bother criticizing them. There should be more civility in Atlasia. We should use the opportunity of the death of the Progressive Union to stop this kind of silly partisanship that we are watching here.

Obviously, it's because the left sucks.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 12:37:55 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2014, 12:39:48 PM by Senator Malcolm X »

There should be more civility in Atlasia. We should use the opportunity of the death of the Progressive Union to stop this kind of silly partisanship that we are watching here.

As a member of both of these feuding clans, no one is more eager than I to reaffirm good relations between Labor and The People, but I must confess that I understand why Laborites are frustrated with X. It's not merely a matter of part registration. For instance, when I encouraged him to run prior several months ago, I did not foresee him using his office to push an agenda of right-wing social control in the Senate. It's very disappointing to vote for someone only to find that you never really knew what they stand for.

First of all, I don't really see how supporting the re-criminalization of certain drugs with a set of policies that balance treatment and punishment (something I fought for the last time I was in the Senate and ran on when I ran for Mideast Senate I should add) constitutes supporting "an agenda of right-wing social control in the Senate."  It is not like I ever made even the slightest effort to conceal the fact that I want to re-criminalize certain drugs.  All due respect, but what you're saying is simply not backed up by the facts.  I find it hard to see how my views on drugs could surprise anyone in Labor given that it already came up in a debate with Talleyrand and I introduced legislation similar to the current bills during my last term in the Senate Tongue  

My voting record speaks for itself and it is unfortunate if some people think being RL center-left on one social issue makes me some sort of far right-wing reactionary.  I'm sorry if you feel you don't know what I stand for, but I'm also rather confused as to how that could be the case since my views have always been pretty consistent during my time in Atlasia, especially on social issues.  For example, let's not forget that I led the successful fight against the abortion restrictions in the Mideast.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 12:43:56 PM »

There should be more civility in Atlasia. We should use the opportunity of the death of the Progressive Union to stop this kind of silly partisanship that we are watching here.

As a member of both of these feuding clans, no one is more eager than I to reaffirm good relations between Labor and The People, but I must confess that I understand why Laborites are frustrated with X. It's not merely a matter of part registration. For instance, when I encouraged him to run several months ago, I did not foresee him using his office to push an agenda of right-wing social control in the Senate. It's very disappointing to vote for someone only to find that you have never really known what they stand for.

I believe that's called "ignoring the obvious pattern".
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »

In any case, at least X won't be reelected, so that's a problem we won't have to worry about anymore.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »

In any case, at least X won't be reelected, so that's a problem we won't have to worry about anymore.

Bring it on!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2014, 02:29:36 PM »

As a member of both of these feuding clans, no one is more eager than I to reaffirm good relations between Labor and The People, but I must confess that I understand why Laborites are frustrated with X. It's not merely a matter of part registration. For instance, when I encouraged him to run several months ago, I did not foresee him using his office to push an agenda of right-wing social control in the Senate. It's very disappointing to vote for someone only to find that you have never really known what they stand for.

Seeing the tack Labor has taken lately, how do you define "right-wing social control"? Opposing polygamy? Legalised heroin? Voting against syndicalism? The People's Party... is the measured voice of sanity and reason.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »

As a proud member of The People's Party my stand against right-wing social control and in favour of Senator TNF's laudable efforts to legalise freedom remain.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »

Indeed, especially given we have already decriminalized the drugs being discussed, a reversion back to the old policy is not only expensive and benefits no one, it is also counterproductive. Remember prohibition? The People understand this. We do not wish to incarcerate people who use drugs that hurt no one else but themselves.

We are much better served investing that money elsewhere rather than restarting the drug war, whether it be federally or at the regional level. That is why I signed the Drug Reform Act during my first term and have absolutely no regrets. It was what The People demanded, and it is a sane, reasonable stance.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »

Cheesy Happy to see the party back.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2014, 12:16:25 AM »

Glad to see you're alive. Will you be resigning officially in the swearing in thread or will you be waiting for the Senate to boot you out of office for failing to do your job?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2014, 12:56:08 AM »

Seeing the tack Labor has taken lately, how do you define "right-wing social control"? Opposing polygamy? Legalised heroin? Voting against syndicalism? The People's Party... is the measured voice of sanity and reason.

Crowding our prisons with users of recreational drugs...

Um, who is seeking to do this?  I am pretty sure even X opposes such.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2014, 07:47:24 AM »

xahar, i think you have the wrong thread. try posting here instead.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2014, 08:20:51 AM »

I'm going to need some ice for that burn.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »

I wish I could say the amount of negativity being thrown around here is surprising.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2014, 03:51:41 PM »

The love that The People have for us, and we for The People, some people find unsettling, I think.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2014, 05:41:57 PM »

Proud to be back my friends!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies