The People's Party: June Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:29:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 9826 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:15:15 PM »

I love a good old fashioned too along with whiskey sours. Not trying to impose my choices, but just making a suggestion...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »

Indeed, especially given we have already decriminalized the drugs being discussed, a reversion back to the old policy is not only expensive and benefits no one, it is also counterproductive. Remember prohibition? The People understand this. We do not wish to incarcerate people who use drugs that hurt no one else but themselves.

We are much better served investing that money elsewhere rather than restarting the drug war, whether it be federally or at the regional level. That is why I signed the Drug Reform Act during my first term and have absolutely no regrets. It was what The People demanded, and it is a sane, reasonable stance.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 09:45:16 AM »

I'd like to address The People shortly if it is acceptable to Them.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 03:38:19 PM »

A Speech from Duke
Good evening sweet convention goers,

For those of you who do not know, I previously founded The Party in September of 2012 during a time of great turmoil in this nation, wars in the streets, back room recruiting drives, murders, tears and all kinds of crises. When I founded it, I took a leap of faith and following the whispers that had been clouding my head for weeks, whispers of hope, unity, camaraderie and results. I didn’t know what it meant at the time, indeed, I founded the original Party without a plan, but I soon learned that one needn’t a plan when The People were leading the way. I put my hands in the air, felt the wind at my back, and along with some special people, we took off and accomplished things I never imagined.

Today, The Party is back and once again has set sail with The People as the captain and you all as Their loyal followers. But before you may fully immerse yourselves in this experience, you must understand what it means to be a part of The Party, and what it means to have The Will of The People flow through your veins.

First, you must trust your leaders. I stand here tonight fully in support of Cincinnatus and Polnut. These men are Men of The People. They lived through the ups and downs of The Party and participated in The People’s Greatest Triumphs. By trusting in them, you are trusting in The People’s Will, may it always been respected, and trusting in The Party. They know what is best for The Party because they take orders directly from The People that run this nation, the silent majority that so many wish to understand, yet none of us do. Tradition is, above all else, very important in The Project known as The Party. Buy into it now.

Second, you must understand The Party is results driven. The Party does not strive to be the largest party nor the most rigid ideological force; no, The People realize that no one ideology is best at solving the problems of this nation, just as The People’s Presidents have exemplified through their terms in office. If you become a whore to failed ideological belief, you will never achieve the success The People so demand. By tying yourself to sinking ships, you are only dragging The People down with you. And make no mistake, The People demand success. They demand respect. They demand Their voices be heard over all else. The People are only as good as the smallest child, the singlest mother, and the deadest of deadbeat fathers. We must ensure The People are healthy in order to move Atlasia forward.

Finally, you must understand The Party is about camaraderie. It is only as strong as its weakest member. Members of The Party have a strong tradition of being active, diligent, thoughtful and unified in their goal of serving The People and moving Atlasia forward, making our streets safer and improving the discourse in Atlasia. It is about supporting each other during tough elections. It is about trust and sharing your thoughts and feelings with each other and The People at large. It is about the Radical Gay Agenda. And love. No member of The Party should engage in questionable behavior, trolling, intimidating, bickering or anything of the sort. The People have ain’t got time for that - it accomplishes nothing and only hurts The Feelings of The People and Their children. It hurts progress. 

Remember these words, my friends, as you participate in The First Convention of the resurrection of The Party. To the new members, welcome aboard, take these words of advice, process them, adopt them, believe them, and you will go far. Welcome to The Party. Do all of us proud. You don’t want to let The People down.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 04:06:34 PM »

WIN THE ELECTION

Then worry about amendments. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 11:17:58 PM »

The Party has always stood for independence, love, respect, quality and activity. These are the principles I founded the original Party on the same ones that Cinci and Polnut carry on to this day. This whole uproar is really very sad.

No one is to be attacked for a vote they cast. Votes are very personal choices that people make when they step into the ballot box. Shame on anyone who attacked our former President for voting the way he voted. Voting is your civic duty and a basic right you should ALL hold near and dear to your heart. No one should be afraid to vote their heart.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 11:49:48 PM »

The Party has always stood for independence, love, respect, quality and activity. These are the principles I founded the original Party on the same ones that Cinci and Polnut carry on to this day. This whole uproar is really very sad.

No one is to be attacked for a vote they cast. Votes are very personal choices that people make when they step into the ballot box. Shame on anyone who attacked our former President for voting the way he voted. Voting is your civic duty and a basic right you should ALL hold near and dear to your heart. No one should be afraid to vote their heart.

I find it interesting that the ex-President has had such a change of heart. We were such close friends, too.

Hey man, I had plenty of friends of mine vote against me in my glorious re-election campaign. That's life. Life can be confusing sometimes, but it's still beautiful. Don't lose sleep over it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 01:57:06 PM »

I wanted to bump this considering the healthy growth The Party has experienced in the last few weeks.

I want to extend a warm welcome to all new Party members. You aren't simply joining a party. You're joining a movement. The People's Movement. Respect each other. Support each other. Love each other like you love your mothers. This is The Party of The People. We exist merely to serve The People and we are nothing without them. Treat Them well and you will be rewarded.

This is a special Party. I think I speak for all of us when I say, welcome abroad!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 07:36:55 PM »

While we are experiencing growth at moment I'd like to take a moment to remind all members of this party that we are at our best when we punch above our weight. We must be wary of turning into some kind of heterogenous "catch all" blob, populated with zombies.

I would very much echo the Vice Chair's comments

Absolutely. The Party is about unity and camaraderie above all else. The People have no interest in becoming a large conglomerate of zombie voters who care nothing about improving Atlasia or serving The People at Their alter.

I grovel at their feet every day and will continue to do so. I suggest all the new members follow our lead!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 07:33:54 PM »

The People will determine when Their convention is, not us. Be patient, dear SirNick.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 03:46:20 PM »

The People will determine when Their convention is, not us. Be patient, dear SirNick.

Indeed, pay heed to the will of The People, or like all movements in the history of this great nation who have failed to listen to The People,  this movement as well shall be relegated to the dustbin of history.

This is The People's Party. It shall not be regulated to any dustbin, and shall only die when The People see it fit to kill it off, as They did the last time The Party controlled the Senate and the Vice Presidency.

And even if The Party does disburse yet again, The People's Will shall never die. It will live forever and ever, in your coffee, in the wind, and in the bourbon you sip in the evening.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 05:25:52 PM »

In my hand as we speak! It's a monday night after all, it's horrific to face it sober.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies