The People's Party: June Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:42:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 9829 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 09, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »
« edited: March 09, 2014, 09:14:14 PM by Senator Malcolm X »

I'm proud to be the first to rejoin The Party, though in my heart I never left!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »

Granted, I like the three of you, but otherwise it's just blowhards like sirnick and X who want so badly to feel like they're special.

Roll Eyes

Given how much you've trolled Atlasia in search of attention, I can only assume you're projecting.  Regardless though, your claim that SirNick and I are "blowhards...who want so badly to feel like their special" is ridiculous.  If I just wanted that to feel special, I'd stay in Labor and listen to everyone praise me for staying in Labor Tongue  I'm not stupid, I knew there would be blowback if I joined The Party, but it was the right thing to do.  That said, I've always thought the bond I had with certain folks in Labor was more than just the letter next to my name.  I really don't see why my joining The People's Party needs to make enemies of us.  If that happens, it won't be because of me.  Right now, I leave Labor with no hard feelings and hope that at least some folks in the party feel the same way about my departure.  In any event, no regrets about joining The Party Smiley 

However, I do find it interesting how some folks who were fine with me when I was in Labor (a party that was willing to make me part of its leadership, had I chosen to take the position) suddenly consider me a "blowhard" who must be defeated at all costs because of a mere party label.  Maybe these individuals just smiled to my face and badmouthed me behind my back, but if that is the case, then Laborites who don't agree with everything the party leadership says or every single policy in the platform should ask themselves: "If they acted like X was part of the team, but really considered him an awful blowhard, what are they saying about me behind my back?  Is the only reason they want anything to do with me because of a letter next to my name?"  If this isn't the case and the friends and allies I had in Labor liked and voted for me because of more than just party ID, then I don't see why they wouldn't still be in my corner now.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:12:04 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2014, 11:24:34 AM by Senator Malcolm X »

Maybe Labor wasn't willing to make you leadership, so you dropped out.

I know for a fact that you know full well that wasn't what happened.  In any event, I afraid you're gonna have to take this somewhere else, lest this become a full-blown thread hijack.  If you truly want to continue to discuss this, you're welcome to PM me.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 12:08:31 PM »

Have we seen this movie before? From the ashes of a "large tent center party" shall rise another! Lots of talk about "the will of the people" and so on. 'Tis a cycle. Reminiscent of a legendary bird that according to myth once lived in the desert, perhaps.

Of course it's fine to start parties, but I can't help but make the observation.  

Interesting that an ostensibly centrist party has within it an extreme right-winger in TheRileyKeaton. Hmmm...

Always lots of room in the back of the truck. And the right loves this too.

Pretty sure Riley is a Federalist Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 12:37:55 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2014, 12:39:48 PM by Senator Malcolm X »

There should be more civility in Atlasia. We should use the opportunity of the death of the Progressive Union to stop this kind of silly partisanship that we are watching here.

As a member of both of these feuding clans, no one is more eager than I to reaffirm good relations between Labor and The People, but I must confess that I understand why Laborites are frustrated with X. It's not merely a matter of part registration. For instance, when I encouraged him to run prior several months ago, I did not foresee him using his office to push an agenda of right-wing social control in the Senate. It's very disappointing to vote for someone only to find that you never really knew what they stand for.

First of all, I don't really see how supporting the re-criminalization of certain drugs with a set of policies that balance treatment and punishment (something I fought for the last time I was in the Senate and ran on when I ran for Mideast Senate I should add) constitutes supporting "an agenda of right-wing social control in the Senate."  It is not like I ever made even the slightest effort to conceal the fact that I want to re-criminalize certain drugs.  All due respect, but what you're saying is simply not backed up by the facts.  I find it hard to see how my views on drugs could surprise anyone in Labor given that it already came up in a debate with Talleyrand and I introduced legislation similar to the current bills during my last term in the Senate Tongue  

My voting record speaks for itself and it is unfortunate if some people think being RL center-left on one social issue makes me some sort of far right-wing reactionary.  I'm sorry if you feel you don't know what I stand for, but I'm also rather confused as to how that could be the case since my views have always been pretty consistent during my time in Atlasia, especially on social issues.  For example, let's not forget that I led the successful fight against the abortion restrictions in the Mideast.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »

In any case, at least X won't be reelected, so that's a problem we won't have to worry about anymore.

Bring it on!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 05:56:43 PM »

Glad to have you back, Franzl Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 06:08:41 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2014, 06:13:16 PM by Uneducated Peon X »

While we are experiencing growth at moment I'd like to take a moment to remind all members of this party that we are at our best when we punch above our weight. We must be wary of turning into some kind of heterogenous "catch all" blob, populated with zombies.

I would very much echo the Vice Chair's comments

As would I, the last thing anyone wants is Liberal Party redux Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies