The People's Party: June Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:22:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 9813 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« on: March 10, 2014, 11:27:27 AM »

Granted, I like the three of you, but otherwise it's just blowhards like sirnick and X who want so badly to feel like they're special.

I don't see how I come off as "I want to be special." Mother already told me that I am special Wink
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »

I wish I could say the amount of negativity being thrown around here is surprising.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 07:28:54 AM »

I nominate Cincinnatus for chairman. 
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 10:27:15 PM »

I'd love to see Polnut as Vice Chair. Consider this my nomination of him.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »

I'd like to address The People shortly if it is acceptable to Them.

Without question.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 09:03:38 PM »

Finally, you must understand The Party is about camaraderie. It is only as strong as its weakest member.

Contrastingly, Labor is as strong as steel and as sharp as a tack.

Labor trolling is as boring as Bob Dole trying to teach us about the benefits of eating an apple once a day...

Took me a minute. Banana!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 08:16:47 AM »

I would happily serve as Northeast Regional Chair...you might even call it...Warden of the North
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 08:51:15 PM »

I'd be supportive of changing the election reform language, I think federal control of referendums is a great idea (even if we still count it by region, at least have one central person opening and closing the voting booth).
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »

Why are we using the term organisms?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 06:05:42 PM »

Whats our IRC channel? Cincin messaged me saying we had one...but didn't say the channel name...
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 05:30:21 PM »

I don't think the endorsement process makes sense for at-large races.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 10:17:27 PM »

Friends, countrymen, The People...welcome to The People's Party Convention

I realize, that there are not many of us registered to The People's Party, but that doesn't matter because we try to stand For The People. We do this by listening to The People regardless of their political affiliation, gender, creed, race, preference to highlight buzzwords in posts that few will read, or even their religion.

The Vice President, Cinncinnatus, has graciously asked me to speak before this convention to tell you a bit about mine and Dallasfan's ticket. I have selected an elder statesmen as my running mate, one who is not the same party because Atlasians are not of the same party. What better fit for a divided country than a ticket that has a proven history of working together to bridge divides?

The People's Party platform calls for economic policies that protects Atlasians from extreme inequality (or equality) and avoids economic stagflation. Dallasfan and I have proposed an overhaul of the welfare system, an enhancement to President Averroes' signature achievement. This would be a guaranteed level of income for all Atlasians --but with countermeasures to prevent abuse of the welfare system and promote good work ethics.

I'll tell you a secret about the People's Party and this ticket. We can embrace ideas and solutions that don't always fit with one party. We favor reducing taxes when it is done in a progressive way and does not increase the deficit.  In the Northeast, between my two terms as Governor and Dallasfan's term as Governor we reduced taxes on all income brackets, and at least halved the sales tax while keeping a budget surplus. We favor the Senate using its oversight power to see which programs work--  because if the program isn't working then we need to ask if we can fix it, or if we even need it.

Dallasfan and I both favor a single-payer health care system that does not reduce quality, does not increase prices and does not reduce access. While many may have a fundamental disagreement on if its government's responsibility to provide health care, our ticket does not favor pushing legislation for the sake of ideology. The SirNick/Dallasfan65 ticket is one for pragmatism and realism.

We will consider using all the tools in our tool box to implement public policy in a sound and competent way. If we promote policy "x" and the GM report comes back and says "Hey, this is going to hurt people" then we're either going to not advocate for it or find a way that works.  It's as simple as that because we are a realistic and pragmatic ticket.

You've already heard us speak about the need for a change in how we conduct our foreign affairs.  We must advocate for a stronger United Nations, we must push for an increase in trade and cultural exchange including with our friends in Latin America, Africa and Asia.  Simultaneously we must stand up for what our real values are -- democracy --we must  foster closer ties with democratic nations across the world.

The most important job of the President, in my opinion, is maintaining and advancing the game. Activity levels are cyclical but the President and Vice President's objective should be to increase activity, to bring more people into the process. One of our first tasks is elected will be just this: increasing activity. We don't claim to have the answer, but we want to lead the debate and then we want to take action --not just words.

Talk of Game Reform has been heard all over Atlasia. Our ticket favors the "Fix the Regions Amendment" as it creates a process to increase or decrease the number of regions. We believe there should be a mechanism to do this, if voters and elected officials decided to go down that route.

I saw that Senator Adam Griffin recently brought up a bicameral legislature amendment that somewhat reflects our own proposal for a bicameral legislature. Senator Griffin's proposal isn't perfect, but its an example of the need for Game Reform. We favor a bicameral legislature that increases the region's involvement with federal affairs --and doesn't castrate the regions of their rights. We proposed a second level of the legislature comprised of regional executives --this would not require more players, and it would give the regions a direct line to the federal legislature.

I don't want to drone on too long, but in our campaign thread you can view our other policy suggestions on areas like drones, copyrights and Game Moderator reform.

Lastly, remember -- the President and Vice President represent all The People. Even though we both run under party banners, we plan to listen to everyone. No party and no one person has a monopoly on good ideas. Its about time we put People Over Politics.

We are open to taking any questions you might have.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 06:02:43 PM »

Aye
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »

If Cincinnatus or Polnut does not have interest in being Chair, then I'd like to run for it.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 05:31:37 PM »

I will not be running for Chair. I will be backing Polnut.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 12:47:42 PM »

I will be officially stepping down this friday.  Unless anyone raises an objection to Polnut and oakvale as Chair, and Vice Chair, respectively, they will immediately assume the roles.

I can back this.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 05:29:39 PM »

The crowd roars: "Duke, Duke, Duke...!"
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 02:06:08 PM »

When and where is our convention? What did I vote for?! O_O
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 06:46:54 PM »

The convention opens next week.

But happy to move it up.

No rush
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »

Bourbon? Where?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 06:07:04 PM »

In my hand as we speak! It's a monday night after all, it's horrific to face it sober.

I'll join you obviously
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies