The People's Party: June Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:56:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 9832 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: March 09, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »
« edited: March 09, 2014, 10:18:44 PM by Simfan34 »

Hurrah!
Hurrah!
Hurrah!

I am proud to say I am already am a registered member of the Party- I always have been!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:04:24 PM »

Whisky sours?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:09:05 PM »

I may join in The Party's legion as soon as possible. (I don't want to invalidate my vote in the PU's dissolution)

I believe that our first step should be to review our platform! =)

I would welcome the SoEA's joining us!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:17:40 PM »

And an SoEA, I hope! In due time...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 10:37:24 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2014, 10:40:16 PM by Simfan34 »

So this is just the PUAs, huh? Come back when you have people who aren't terrible.

Oakvale? Cincinnatus? Myself? We were never in the Progressives. Not that there'd be anything wrong if we were...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 12:00:17 PM »

Have we seen this movie before? From the ashes of a "large tent center party" shall rise another! Lots of talk about "the will of the people" and so on. 'Tis a cycle. Reminiscent of a legendary bird that according to myth once lived in the desert, perhaps.

Of course it's fine to start parties, but I can't help but make the observation. 

Well, of course you've seen this before- back in September 2012! And yet still, The People have always been with us. They always shall.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 02:29:36 PM »

There should be more civility in Atlasia. We should use the opportunity of the death of the Progressive Union to stop this kind of silly partisanship that we are watching here.

As a member of both of these feuding clans, no one is more eager than I to reaffirm good relations between Labor and The People, but I must confess that I understand why Laborites are frustrated with X. It's not merely a matter of part registration. For instance, when I encouraged him to run several months ago, I did not foresee him using his office to push an agenda of right-wing social control in the Senate. It's very disappointing to vote for someone only to find that you have never really known what they stand for.

Seeing the tack Labor has taken lately, how do you define "right-wing social control"? Opposing polygamy? Legalised heroin? Voting against syndicalism? The People's Party... is the measured voice of sanity and reason.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 03:51:41 PM »

The love that The People have for us, and we for The People, some people find unsettling, I think.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 01:38:54 AM »

Some remarks on what I feel The Party stands for:

A PEOPLE-ORIENTED POLICY
March 12, 2014 - San Francisco

My fellow Atlasians, I have been overjoyed by the news that The People's Party has once again returned to our land, just as I have. What this means is that The People's champions have returned, that this country of ours has had this crucial voice return to the stage. What we are trying to do now is the same thing we have done before- advance the interests of all of The People.

Even though The Party is returning only now, The People have been well-represented in the time before hand. Our last three Presidents, including the present President, Duke, have been amongst The People. Of the last eight presidents, five have been amongst The People. What this means is that The People, all along, have truly been in control. So why, you might ask, is The Party necessary at all? The Party should and must return at this point because the voice of The People cannot remain a whisper! I have heard the whispers in the wind, and so have many others of us who have been amongst The People. But we cannot merely whisper, indeed, we must shout the will of The People from the highest rooftops, the lowest canyons, the meanest streets. The People must be heard anywhere and everywhere!

Some say The Party is left wing, some say it right wing. They are wrong. The Party transcends traditional notions of "right" and "left"- serving The People does not indicate a sort of partisan lean! We stand firmly for choice and liberty, for the right for The People to determine the manner in which they live their lives- and this means choosing whom and how they love, but also the freedom to choose how and where they work. It means freeing The People from the tyranny of both the boss and the foreman, and to exchange one mean regime for another. It means The People must reign supreme.

Thus, The Party supports what advances the welfare and liberty of The People, and opposes what constrains it. I, and all of those in The Party, are at the mere disposal of enforcing and preserving the will of The People- to the ends of the Earth if need be! That is our policy, one fully oriented and focused on The People; not one segment thereof, nor merely those who are in The Party, but all The People.

Thank you, and long live The People!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 07:53:46 AM »

I second Oakvale's nomination of Cincinnatus and Polnut.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »

I welcome the President addressing The People and our bearing witness to this event. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »

I do not think NATO should be expanded. Perhaps new organisations can be set up (SEATO 2.0?), and I would strongly support the creation of a Concert of Democracies. But I've seen nations like Argentina mentioned and it'd have no part in that.

I would also like to see (perhaps I should draft something) stressing our commitment to free enterprise and support for pursuing free trade agreements and reducing barriers between nations. In these times I think distinguishing ourselves on this point would be helpful. Furthermore I'm very strongly in favour of nuclear power but I don't know about the rest of you.

And lastly I quite like the idea of regions administering elections. We need more federalism, not less.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 11:06:35 PM »

To those who joined Labor when this party fell apart and then jumped ship when the opportunity arose.... using people for your own self interest is pretty low in a game that is more or less a popularity contest.

The Peoples Party... aka the Kool Kids Klub offers as bankrupt a solution to Atlasia's problems as the aimless, self serving people who populate the party.

Averroes "Zell Miller" Nix, I'm talking to you.

You need not be vindictive against one of this country's most successful Presidents.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 11:12:44 PM »

To those who joined Labor when this party fell apart and then jumped ship when the opportunity arose.... using people for your own self interest is pretty low in a game that is more or less a popularity contest.

The Peoples Party... aka the Kool Kids Klub offers as bankrupt a solution to Atlasia's problems as the aimless, self serving people who populate the party.

You need not be vindictive against one of this country's most successful Presidents.

Presidency isn't everything, Simfan. Nix seems to value the bullsh**t "People's Party" over his own people and his own ideals - or at least what I thought to be his ideals.

I'm hurt to see such rhetoric, Alfred. Sad
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 11:21:50 PM »

Presidency isn't everything, Simfan. Nix seems to value the bullsh**t "People's Party" over his own people and his own ideals - or at least what I thought to be his ideals.

I'm hurt to see such rhetoric, Alfred. Sad

It's the truth, Simfan. The People's Party is not a real party. It has no ideology, no platform, it is the biggest tent possible, and apparently Averroes Nix has chosen it over Labor.

I'd rather have Nix vote for someone he genuinely believes in than strategic voting for Deus when you're clearly an Alfred voter Roll Eyes.

You guys thought we were joking when they said "A vote for Deus is a vote for Alfred". Tongue No insult meant. Smiley I'm trying hard to get that across- I don't mean any venom.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 12:00:47 AM »

I can list perhaps a dozen allies and friends whose support I was surprised (to varying degrees) to not have in this election.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »

We don't have a national system? I know they repealed the Pacific HSR- so we only have one in the Midwest? Yikes, we need to move quickly on this.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 11:47:47 AM »

The problem is... I feel genuinely that Alfred deserves to win over Simfan who just got allowed back onto the forum.

And knowing Nix's politics, I struggle to see how Simfan is a closer ideological match (he isn't).. so it comes down to personality.  And I place loyalty to people who have helped you out higher than personality when it comes to this game.  Because you don't have to vote for someone just because they're a friend.  But you should support the people who helped you get ahead in the game.

So Nix's vote was a betrayal.  And I have a right to criticize the vote itself.  The motives behind the vote.  And the person casting the ballot.

That's politics for you. 

Well, Nix and I go back, before the TPP, before Labor, before all this.

Let’s talk. I have no set topic, but there are many occurrences in this nation of ours that I believe merit mention, in this important time of ours....

Speaking of the Senate, I shall like to make some further endorsements...

But then we have Senator Nix. The saintly Senator Nix. How can I begin to express my gratitude? Northeasterners, how can we! We are truly blessed to have this sprightly living legend of the Atlasian Senate represent us in Congress. Senator Nix has stood by us- stood by me- since time immemorial, to defend our interest and that of The People as a whole. When I left the Senate, he took my bills and fought for them as if they were his own. He went and helped me write them and get them passed. He even helped me in my own personal affairs, helping me to take actions I would have been too timid to do otherwise, and I am better off for it.

We are all, to the last, every Atlasian man, woman, and child, better off by having Senator Nix here. Some politicians are accused of conspiring against those who do not vote for them. I do not know if these are true, but I can assure you that no person who votes against Senator Nix’s re-election shall ever get my vote.

NIX ENDORSES SIMFAN FOR SENATE: "A CANDIDACY WORTH TAKING SERIOUSLY"

I am proud to be among the first to endorse Representative Simfan. His campaign's early emphasis on expanding access to quality education and rebuilding our infrastructure is ample proof that this is a candidacy worth taking seriously.

I share Simfan's belief that increasing and improving government investment in Atlasia's physical and human capital should be this nation's top priority. I have also worked with him over the course of three terms in office in the Northeast. I know that he is committed to improving his proposals through reasoned debate, consideration of diverse perspectives, and rational compromise. I know that he is knowledgeable and extremely focused on crafting quality policy.

The lack of activity in the Senate that we have seen over the past several months disappoints us all. Bills sit for days at a time. Senators routinely miss votes. Reasonable concerns about legislation are received with disinterest and arrogantly dismissed as frivolous. I want to change that. I have great hopes and high expectations for myself and the two other new Senators elected in last week's election. And I respect several of the Senate's current members, especially Yankee. With two of our most inactive Senators being replaced, we have the chance to make a significant improvement. In my view, Simfan represents Atlasia's best hope.

Hardly a surprise.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »

Well, I agree with the proposed method. If I'm not mistaken the election will be on April 17 (I thought it was on April 24 at the beginning), so that gives us four days in case we hold a vote for the At-Large Senate endorsement between Simfan and me (since both of us already announced our candidacies).

...do we really have to do this?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 03:06:48 PM »

NAY
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 03:33:38 PM »

I'm sure they will, but if not, I am interested.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies