Most likely person born in the 1950s to someday be president
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:12:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most likely person born in the 1950s to someday be president
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most likely person born in the 1950s to someday be president  (Read 2853 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2014, 09:16:32 PM »

As mentioned in a thread on the 2016 board, we've never had a president who was born in the 1930s, and presumably never will.  We also (so far) haven't had one born in the 50s.  Clinton and Bush were born in the 40s, while Obama was born in the 60s.  Hillary Clinton, the 2016 frontrunner, was born in the 40s, while I think the majority of the 2016 GOP contenders with a real shot at the nomination were born in the 60s.

If we have to wait until the 2020 election, then someone born in 1959 will be 61 years old that year.  Which certainly isn't too old, but there'll only be so many elections after that in which it could happen, though it can also happen via the VP acceding to the presidency on the president's death or resignation.

So out of all American politicians born in the 1950s, who is most likely to become president, at some point in the future?

Here are some examples of politicians born in the 1950s:

Jeb Bush
Charlie Crist
Andrew Cuomo
Maggie Hassan
John Hickenlooper
Mike Huckabee
Tim Kaine
John Kasich
Susana Martinez
Claire McCaskill
Jay Nixon
Deval Patrick
Mike Pence
Rick Santorum
Brian Schweitzer
Rick Snyder
Antonio Villaraigosa
Mark Warner
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:18:01 PM »

Susana Martinez.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:37:55 PM »

I guess Jeb out of that list is most likely.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:25:16 AM »

On the Democratic side, it's probably Andrew Cuomo and Mark Warner.

Cuomo and Warner seem victims of bad timing. If Hillary Clinton doesn't run, the Democratic party doesn't seem eager to nominate a centrist middle-aged white guy. If she does run, that means they won't really have a shot in 2016. If she loses, they can run in the 2020 cycle as sixty-something white guys in a party that prefers younger and more diverse candidates for a nomination that is historically doomed (It's rare for a party to get kicked out of the White House for one term). If she wins, they can't run in 2020. Warner's a plausible veep for Hillary, but if she stays in good health, that still requires Democrats keeping the White House for several consecutive elections.

On the Republican side, it's probably Susanna Martinez and Jeb Bush.

Martinez seems to have the best shot of being a viable candidate in multiple cycles. But I don't know if she wants it.

2016 is likely Jeb Bush's only shot.

John Kasich may be the likeliest of any of these people to run, but he wouldn't be a top-tier candidate at first.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 09:57:23 AM »

We won't ever have a President born in the 1950s.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 06:36:22 PM »

I wonder how many decades past the 2026 election it will take for someone born in the 90's to become President.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 06:29:36 AM »

On the Democratic side, it's probably Andrew Cuomo and Mark Warner.

Cuomo and Warner seem victims of bad timing. If Hillary Clinton doesn't run, the Democratic party doesn't seem eager to nominate a centrist middle-aged white guy. If she does run, that means they won't really have a shot in 2016. If she loses, they can run in the 2020 cycle as sixty-something white guys in a party that prefers younger and more diverse candidates for a nomination that is historically doomed (It's rare for a party to get kicked out of the White House for one term). If she wins, they can't run in 2020. Warner's a plausible veep for Hillary, but if she stays in good health, that still requires Democrats keeping the White House for several consecutive elections.

On the Republican side, it's probably Susanna Martinez and Jeb Bush.

Martinez seems to have the best shot of being a viable candidate in multiple cycles. But I don't know if she wants it.

2016 is likely Jeb Bush's only shot.

John Kasich may be the likeliest of any of these people to run, but he wouldn't be a top-tier candidate at first.

I agree with this.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 02:37:18 AM »

What an awful list.

I agree; I didn't look at the ages of each of them, but 2025 would result in the minimum age being 66 for someone born in the 1950s. McCain's age was a huge issue, and Hillary wouldn't be about to get a pass on it if she were anyone else.

Because of this, I'll just roll the die and pick the most likely based on partisan and ethnic lines: Villaraigosa.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 11:50:52 AM »

Most likely.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 03:25:45 PM »

Bush, Cuomo, Warner, Kaine, Schweitzer, and Martinez seem the most likely ones.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies