Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:50:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL  (Read 9479 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2014, 01:48:21 PM »

[  ] DemPGH (Labor-WA)
[ X ] Flo (Labor-AK)
[  ] Write-in:
[  ] None of the Above
[  ] Abstain
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2014, 02:54:39 PM »

Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2014, 04:01:24 PM »

[X] DemPGH (Labor-WA)
[  ] Flo (Labor-AK)
[  ] Write-in:
[  ] None of the Above
[  ] Abstain
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2014, 04:20:14 PM »

I shall abstain, so that it may be known
That, while Flo is a good progressive gent
And generally supportive of our goals,
I do have qualms about his past positions:
Namely, the ones about not being in Labor.

DemPGH has been a liberal for a long time before becoming a Labor...
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2014, 04:27:04 PM »

That was a long time ago, ftr.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2014, 04:29:53 PM »

For sure. Then, you've entered on Labor, left it, stayed a good time on the Progressive Union and returned to Labor. What I'm trying to say is that Alfred concern shouldn't apply only for Flo...
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2014, 04:33:27 PM »

Abstain
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2014, 05:09:07 PM »

For sure. Then, you've entered on Labor, left it, stayed a good time on the Progressive Union and returned to Labor. What I'm trying to say is that Alfred concern shouldn't apply only for Flo...

Are you even a Laborite, Superique?
I seem to recall I detested you
Because you were in one of Mr. PJ's
Atrocious Moderate Hero parties once.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2014, 05:40:59 PM »

It is not my desire to intrude in this primary nor to be rude, but I wish to ask Senator Alfred to withdraw his comments on PJ (who is after all not in Atlasia anymore) and the Progressive Union (as I understand that comment to be directed at it).
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2014, 05:44:19 PM »

Flo literally joined Labor a week ago. DemPGH has been here for months now. I will personally vouch for his commitment to the party to anyone who doubts him.

Of course, that's not the only reason to vote for DemPGH. Anyone who's been following regional politics in recent weeks will be familiar with the parade of awful, irresponsible legislation that he has blocked as Governor.

We as the council voted unanimously against it. It would make sense to say that if we had passed the bill and he vetoed it Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »

1. Alfred abstained. Why do you care his reasons?

2. Please challenge my leftist credentials. Am I not left? Is Labor not a leftist party? Please argue otherwise on both counts, we're listening.

3. I've secured the new constitution, ended the old regime of the Pacific, worked with the federal government to implement a stimulus, and am currently working with the Council to get the Pacific on competitive ground with the other regions.

4. I'm challenging all legislation that I think is not debated enough or irresponsible; most recently, there is a rural housing bill that I'm concerned about. I'm going to edit it to make it more reasonable. My opponent has not weighed in a great deal on that, btw.

5. I will always support union and environmental regulation, but I also recognize that at this time what we need is growth and expansion in business, so I'll deal positively with anyone reasonable. Civil liberties are not negotiable.

6. I'm a good fit for Labor, Superique, you know that. You said that to me a while back in a PM. I probably still have it. . .  
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2014, 05:52:24 PM »

Flo literally joined Labor a week ago. DemPGH has been here for months now. I will personally vouch for his commitment to the party to anyone who doubts him.

Of course, that's not the only reason to vote for DemPGH. Anyone who's been following regional politics in recent weeks will be familiar with the parade of awful, irresponsible legislation that he has blocked as Governor.

We as the council voted unanimously against it. It would make sense to say that if we had passed the bill and he vetoed it Tongue

Who sponsored the bill?

PJ
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2014, 05:54:32 PM »

Who sponsored the bill?

PJ

The Pacific Council's rules don't require that each bill be sponsored by a member of the legislature?

Not that I'm aware of.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2014, 06:00:08 PM »

I'm not complaining about you being a fit for the Labor Party, DemPGH, I have a strong respect for you. What I can't fully understand is questioning Flo leftists credentials and, since Labor is known to be the "great-tent-center-leftist-party", Flo shouldn't receive such a treatment. I've not seen that Alfred abstained either...

Now, regarding to the beautiful Mr. Alfred Jones, I have not ever had a Conversation with you at once. So, I believe that you don't have enough material to detest me. I've rarely been involved on those sort of partisan fights that we usually see in Atlasia, I've even given my Second Preference for you during the campaign trail and I just hate when someone attack me without a single and reasonable reason to do so. I shall ask you to retreat from your comments and I shall call for more respect in this Game.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2014, 06:28:52 PM »

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2014, 11:46:30 PM »

Might I throw something into this debate? It is no secret that the Pacific has an activity problem, and therefore we desperately need active members, preferably from the center-left, who also want to legislate and work. We here have two of such gentlemen, and whoever looses this primary, please, please, please run for election to the Council. The work in this council has been great, and I hope we can continue it also in the 10th council. So please, go run for election to the council! 
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2014, 11:50:29 PM »

We should choose a candidate based on something more substantive than duration of time in the party. I'm sure Nix was just going to bat for an old friend (as I would for DemPGH or my VPs) but I think this thinking only contributes to the perception problem that some say exists with the party. If Flo was the incumbent Governor doing a great job, would we really vote him out because he hasn't been in the party as long? I would like to think we would not, and probably so do the people making this argument.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2014, 01:05:03 AM »

The only remotely plausible solution to the activity problems of the Pacific is amalgamation with the Midwest.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2014, 05:43:23 AM »

The only remotely plausible solution to the activity problems of the Pacific is amalgamation with the Midwest.

This is a thing that I want to have happen, but I haven't had the time to spearhead it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2014, 06:14:58 AM »

I might support a merge between the Pacific and the Midwest. But according to me the problem is that the Xahar-Tyrion plan, is worse than the statu quo.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2014, 10:39:07 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2014, 11:06:28 AM by DemPGH »

Boy, this is my fault. I should have only noted the original comment that I replied to and let it go. Oh well.

Nix and Napoleon are both right. If my performance has been inadequate, that should be the conversation. And if my intentions are not seen as sincere now, they will have to become so in time.

Finally, a Pacific issue. Smiley As to a merger - I support that, but the plans were too far apart. It would not have changed anything from the perspective of the Pacific. A piecemeal approach or a bandaid approach would not be nearly worth the trouble for anybody. So what have I done? Try to keep it running meanwhile. The best way out of a problem is straight through.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »

Abstain
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2014, 03:10:52 PM »

I'm not complaining about you being a fit for the Labor Party, DemPGH, I have a strong respect for you. What I can't fully understand is questioning Flo leftists credentials and, since Labor is known to be the "great-tent-center-leftist-party", Flo shouldn't receive such a treatment. I've not seen that Alfred abstained either...

Now, regarding to the beautiful Mr. Alfred Jones, I have not ever had a Conversation with you at once. So, I believe that you don't have enough material to detest me. I've rarely been involved on those sort of partisan fights that we usually see in Atlasia, I've even given my Second Preference for you during the campaign trail and I just hate when someone attack me without a single and reasonable reason to do so. I shall ask you to retreat from your comments and I shall call for more respect in this Game.

I do respect you, Mr. Superique,
But I'd like to point out that I abstained:

I shall abstain, so that it may be known
That, while Flo is a good progressive gent
And generally supportive of our goals,
I do have qualms about his past positions:
Namely, the ones about not being in Labor.

And furthermore, I'd like to dissipate
All enmity we have between ourselves.
However, I don't tend to like third parties
Existing for their own sake, or to be
Those Moderate Heroes I know we all despise
(Or do we now? A good question for some)
And, preaching Labor's policies, deny
Their Labor-ness, and thusly split the left.
If I have time, then I may later seek
Some instances in which we've disagreed,
But that will have to be for later times.

It is not my desire to intrude in this primary nor to be rude, but I wish to ask Senator Alfred to withdraw his comments on PJ (who is after all not in Atlasia anymore) and the Progressive Union (as I understand that comment to be directed at it).

As Mr. William Faulkner's said before,
The past is never dead, not even past.
I stand by my remarks, as they are true.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2014, 07:36:55 PM »

1) DemPGH
2) Flo
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2014, 04:06:13 AM »

DemPGH leads 7-3 if my count is right. I think we should settle this soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies