Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL  (Read 9422 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2014, 09:14:23 PM »

OFFICIAL BALLOT:

Should the Labor Party of Atlasia continue to exist, or should it dissolve?

[ ] Continuation
[X] Dissolution
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2014, 09:25:34 PM »

OFFICIAL BALLOT:

[ ] Continuation
[X] Dissolution

Just as an FYI, you have no vote in this question per the rules posted at its opening.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2014, 09:33:53 PM »

OFFICIAL BALLOT:

[ ] Continuation
[X] Dissolution

Just as an FYI, you have no vote in this question per the rules posted at its opening.

You cain't tell me what to do, boy
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2014, 09:35:39 PM »

OFFICIAL BALLOT:

[ ] Continuation
[X] Dissolution

Care to repeat that?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2014, 09:41:59 PM »

OFFICIAL BALLOT:

[ ] Continuation
[X] Dissolution

Care to repeat that?

I'm from West Virginia, we eat Georgians for dinner.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2014, 09:47:54 PM »

I shall leave the conversation there, lest I say something to upset your tender northern sentiments, and so I don't invoke the wrath of Griffin for clogging up the vote.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2014, 01:44:22 AM »

Labor forever!

OFFICIAL BALLOT:

[X] Continuation
[  ] Dissolution
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2014, 02:06:26 AM »

Continuation
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2014, 06:45:33 AM »

Continuation
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2014, 11:15:43 AM »

Continuation
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »

So would I be correct in guessing that after the foregone conclusion of this vote the party leadership will now have a "democratic mandate" for cracking down on dissent or open debate over party policy?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2014, 12:09:58 PM »

So would I be correct in guessing that after the foregone conclusion of this vote the party leadership will now have a "democratic mandate" for cracking down on dissent or open debate over party policy?

No offense... But you're an idiot. It's not even possible to do such a thing considering THIS IS NOT A REAL PARTY!!!!!!!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »

No offense... But you're an idiot. It's not even possible to do such a thing considering THIS IS NOT A REAL PARTY!!!!!!!

Interesting, thanks for the clarification!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2014, 12:31:46 PM »

Interesting, thanks for the clarification!

It appears that the Labor Party needs such a mandate to resolutely and firmly denounce and oppose revisionism, in all its forms.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2014, 01:41:27 PM »

lol, this is so soviet.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2014, 02:03:52 PM »

[X] Continuation
[  ] Dissolution
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »

OFFICIAL BALLOT:

[X] Continuation
[  ] Dissolution
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2014, 06:37:43 PM »

Continuation
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »

This belongs in /r/circlejerk
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2014, 11:51:01 PM »

OFFICIAL BALLOT:

[X] Continuation
[  ] Dissolution
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2014, 12:02:06 AM »

This is nothing but ridiculous, I'm sorry. I can not find a better word for this. The Labor Party has for long given me a political home I enjoyed, and in Regional Politics probably made me Governor and later Senator, and I am thankful for that. But this is simply the last straw, not the only thing that made my question my party allegiance in the last time, but this is the absolute last straw.

[ ] Continuation
[ x ] Dissolution

(I'll stay as long in the party as long this vote is counted, so to ensure you don't have a sth-0/1 vote; but then goodbye Labor. Best of luck.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2014, 12:57:48 AM »

I feel like I skipped a half-dozen chapters of a book, or something. What exactly are some people so upset about? I genuinely don't get it. It seems like there are some people that have these nagging issues yet don't publicly elaborate on them and restrict them to more gossipy avenues.

How are issues to be worked out, it that's the case?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2014, 02:16:03 AM »

I feel like I skipped a half-dozen chapters of a book, or something. What exactly are some people so upset about? I genuinely don't get it. It seems like there are some people that have these nagging issues yet don't publicly elaborate on them and restrict them to more gossipy avenues.

How are issues to be worked out, it that's the case?

I can only speak from my own perspective, but let's lay it all out here.

For starters, this vote was opened as nothing more than a genuine opportunity for the party to re-evaluate the recent climate we've found ourselves in, and decide where to go from here. Several of us had discussed both recently and long ago what we'd do if the party reached a point where it started looking like the Liberals did in 2013. An unreasonably large amount of unreasonable scrutiny of us has been occurring lately and it's been quite effective at poking and prodding discourse against us and within us.

The root of this antagonizing is coming almost exclusively from within The People's Party, and the water to that root is the IRC. People from other parties who jumping in on it are doing so because they see an opportunity, and I have no issue with them because I understand how the game does and should work. Behind the scenes, a number of rank-and-file Laborites are being contacted in one form or another (either through IRC or PM) in an attempt to continue what initially started with the assassination of the President's administration. If I had to put one date on when this obviously became deliberate and expanded beyond the criticism of windjammer, it'd be August 16th. There have been numerous public "justifications" for these recent smears, where a correlation is drawn to one relatively insignificant act or another. "Labor is bad because windjammer is controlling the Senate!" or "OMG, a bad piece of legislation was sponsored: time for revolution" or "Labor's deciding to keep its doors open or not, it's a Soviet plot", or "Labor is run by a dictator, waaaah" sort of drivel.

Almost everyone involved with these deceptive shenanigans doesn't care about policy in reality. The IRC is a cesspool (one that admittedly I still enjoy to a degree, and one that has a lot of good people who hang out there for various reasons), and I know it well enough to feel its presence in-game even when I'm not in there. Dozens of people would tell you that I spent a good year in there daily for extended periods, so this isn't like someone with no experience discussing its effect. It has a consistently negative effect on the game, and yeah, it's one that this party used quite effectively to its advantage for quite some time. Sadly and unsettling for the prospects of this game, you could create a chart with almost near-perfect correlation to the success of Labor and how much time I was willing to spend in IRC on a weekly or monthly basis. As you can tell, I've been virtually MIA from IRC for the past three months. Tongue

A lot of the people in this game who don't go there don't understand it, and it's the biggest "open secret" of the game. A lot of our less-engaged members and players from all over the ideological spectrum don't really get it, but I offer a challenge to them: pick five random times per day over five random days in the next month, and log into what is known as the IRC. Just take a look around and see who all is in there, and you can connect your own dots. Like I said, there are also plenty of people who are in there who have nothing to do with this particular issue or the game itself, and it all can be quite fun. Even the people to whom I'm referring now I have no personal beef with, but that doesn't change the dynamic at all, apparently.

But the IRC runs the game, or at least the part of it that plays the game. That's the other unspoken secret. I'm sure you understand this and many others do, as well. Every single President that has been elected after Napoleon would have not been elected if the IRC had swung in the opposite direction. It’s decided probably around 90% of all competitive elections in this game since I’ve been in it. IRC is a hive-mind that tends to violently gyrate from one frame of mind to another. And with this sudden shift of seeming allies against us – keep in mind, almost all of this happened at a point when party leadership was essentially inactive – there too seems to be little genuine justification. I can’t be clairvoyant and tell you why it’s happening (an epic fit of trolling is a perfectly believable assertion considering the source), but it’s easy to tell both what is happening and what is a bullsh!t explanation of why it’s supposedly so.

So yeah, this vote is the result of some of us are genuinely asking the question of whether or not we want to continue in the face of this sycophantic bullsh!t, and if we are to do so, then how should we adapt. It’s not a way to flush out those who are less likely to toe the party-line, and it’s not a plan to crack down on anybody (this seems to be a common whisper right now). As for me, I’m fine with either option of the original question we're answering about our Party, in so long as our Party makes said decision with an overwhelmingly unified belief that the other option isn’t feasible or a choice. What I wouldn’t be fine with is watching the sperg cabal and the internal dissent it has sowed rot this Party away slowly and painfully. 
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2014, 05:54:01 AM »

I can't believe Griffin took the time to write a 6 paragraph post decrying the drama in a chat room. So 2003.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2014, 07:13:14 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2014, 07:15:24 AM by Mechaman »

I can't believe Griffin took the time to write a 6 paragraph post decrying the drama in a chat room. So 2003.

Yes, and it's not a very good one either.  I just hope he's ready for the "little IRC chatroom crew" to make comparisons to Napoleon.

In short, yes people do talk about Atlasia on the IRC.  They also talk about how well George Wallace did in Maine, where to go to get the best hookers in DC, Dust in the Wind, how much is too high, whatever hilarious sh*t AdamFitzGerald said today, Snowstalker's pseudointellectual wannabe Marxism, or any seemingly random topic one can think of.  So yes, please go ahead good people, go to #atlasforum and see what horrors await you.  Given the types of denizens who post there, I can almost guarantee the random topic you will run into will be much horrifying and scarier than Griff's attempt at a Bilderberg Conspiracy theory.

I got to say, these are really big words from a guy who organized some of his own voting strategy in #labor (you mean Labor has their own IRC?  The HORRROR!  THE HORROR!) that allowed Labor to re-elect guys to the Senate while giving Deus (?!) first preference.

But really, I shouldn't have to say anything more.  Griff's posts here more than enough illustrate what the problem is with his beloved and persecuted party.  It's the voices in his head conspiring to get rid of him.

-Mechaman

PS: Enjoy your retirement.  You obviously need it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies