Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:22:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL  (Read 9531 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: March 26, 2014, 02:02:54 PM »

So there is still no Labor candidate who is running in the Special Election?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:44:32 AM »

There is now! Also, welcome to the best party ever!

Also, I'd strongly consider abstaining if Snowstalker was the nominee (then again, I don't know if your positions on Atlasia are the same as your positions off of it).
What great news! Atlasia is looking into a shining bright future!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:00:09 AM »

Also, I'd strongly consider abstaining if Snowstalker was the nominee (then again, I don't know if your positions on Atlasia are the same as your positions off of it).

Damn right son! Looking forward to another two-week term as At-Large Senator (although the polls seem to be saying otherwise)!
Those polls are made of extreme fascist right-wingers, who just fear a victory of the right candidate, and want to make you unsure! Never believe them, or you have already lost! Fight your fight against extreme right-wing policies and fascists!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 02:24:38 PM »

Damn right son! Looking forward to another two-week term as At-Large Senator (although the polls seem to be saying otherwise)!
Those polls are made of extreme fascist right-wingers, who just fear a victory of the right candidate, and want to make you unsure! Never believe them, or you have already lost! Fight your fight against extreme right-wing policies and fascists!

Thank you for the kind words. Now go vote, young man!

Not sure those words are so kind when you're calling the opposition fascists willy nilly.

That was meant to be a joke, but I'm sorry if I have offended you or someone else. Just a joke, really. I know you aren't fascists Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »

Thank you for the kind words. Now go vote, young man!

Not sure those words are so kind when you're calling the opposition fascists willy nilly.

That was meant to be a joke, but I'm sorry if I have offended you or someone else. Just a joke, really. I know you aren't fascists Smiley

I don't know you at all, so I didn't catch that. It's cool now that I get it.

Ok. It's my kind of humour, I know not everyone likes it. And please don't feel offended by me, now or sometime in the future. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm normally a nice guy Wink
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 12:03:51 AM »

No matter what we say, JCL will always say that Deus won. He just wants the attention, so the best we can do is ignore him...

Wuhuuuuu! Alfred!!!! *open champaign*
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 02:02:08 AM »

So... We now have two Labor candidates for Pacific Governor... Shouldn't we hold a short primary now?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 04:50:42 AM »

Yay, a primary!

[  ] DemPGH (Labor-WA)
[X] Flo (Labor-AK)

[  ] Write-in:
[  ] None of the Above
[  ] Abstain

Both are great choices, though.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 11:46:30 PM »

Might I throw something into this debate? It is no secret that the Pacific has an activity problem, and therefore we desperately need active members, preferably from the center-left, who also want to legislate and work. We here have two of such gentlemen, and whoever looses this primary, please, please, please run for election to the Council. The work in this council has been great, and I hope we can continue it also in the 10th council. So please, go run for election to the council! 
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 12:02:06 AM »

This is nothing but ridiculous, I'm sorry. I can not find a better word for this. The Labor Party has for long given me a political home I enjoyed, and in Regional Politics probably made me Governor and later Senator, and I am thankful for that. But this is simply the last straw, not the only thing that made my question my party allegiance in the last time, but this is the absolute last straw.

[ ] Continuation
[ x ] Dissolution

(I'll stay as long in the party as long this vote is counted, so to ensure you don't have a sth-0/1 vote; but then goodbye Labor. Best of luck.)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 02:29:59 AM »

Why exactly is this happening? I welcome the dissolution of the insidious anti-liberty cult that is Liebor, but what "last straw" is Cranberry referring to?

Maybe this is just my point of view; but there happened things that made me really question my part registration in the first place; this ridiculous vote being the last. Firstly, I found it disturbing that some people could shut down a good source of media in Atlasia. Secondly, I did not like the whole debacle with this energy nationalisation bill, good, legitimate concerns not being addressed by Laborite Senators and so on. Thirdly, I was extremely upset when certain people where talking of basically treason when Nix filed the lawsuit. Most importantly, in those days when I found time, I found the first time to read the Labor Platform; and found at first the wording and especially some policy points not in suit with my views. I was thinking of my party registration a lot in the last few days, also taking with others that were feeling the same way; and while I initially thought of founding a new party, once I saw this vote, and I slept a night over it, I decided to leave Labor and start new with TPP. "Last straw" is possibly a bit exaggerated, but it was not the only thing that made me leave Labor, that's what I wanted to say.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 10:21:42 AM »

I agree that my criticism of the Labor platform is not justified; I saw the vote then but did not vote because I did not find the time to study the platform enough to form an opinion; and I did not want to just vote for the sake of it. This nevertheless does not put my views more in touch with the Labor platform.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies