Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:06:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL  (Read 9541 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: September 18, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »

So would I be correct in guessing that after the foregone conclusion of this vote the party leadership will now have a "democratic mandate" for cracking down on dissent or open debate over party policy?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »

So would I be correct in guessing that after the foregone conclusion of this vote the party leadership will now have a "democratic mandate" for cracking down on dissent or open debate over party policy?

No offense... But you're an idiot. It's not even possible to do such a thing considering THIS IS NOT A REAL PARTY!!!!!!!

Interesting, thanks for the clarification!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 11:36:31 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2014, 12:17:51 PM by oakvale »

The last time we had a platform discussion, TNF had to actually post a detailed poll in the form of an outline of the existing one in order to get feedback. So if people are skeptical of the some of the supposed outrage with Labor, it certainly resonates with me.

Are some of the "plots" that have germinated on the back alley trash that is the IRC now general knowledge? I know of nearly all of them from four or so different sources. Some of them are lean-over-the-keyboard funny and others are the result of little people with nothing else to do.

This stuff is why the game is in decline. For my part, I won't be around to be a villain for much longer, and I certainly don't blame Adam for how he feels, so I guess there will have to be new villains.  

I was planning to stay away from this thread and let Labor sort out their own affairs but f***, I'm sick of this gibberish. In his declining months it became very easy for Napoleon to lazily blame his failures on shadowy conspiratorial forces, too (which were always conveniently far too vague to be proved one way or another).

Let's take a quick look at the classic example of this apparent belief that the last few months are the result of secret conspiracies and schemes - Tyrion's confirmation for the Vice Presidency.

Senators who voted against:

Yankee: Has been in the IRC some years ago but now famously distrusts and dislikes the place.
Lumine. Has never been in the IRC.
Goldwater: Has never been in the IRC.
Spiral: Has never been in the IRC.
Cassius: Has never been in the IRC.

Senators who voted in favour:

TNF: IRC regular.
bore: IRC regular.
Cranberry: Has never been in the IRC.
Cynic: Has never been in the IRC.
Alfred Jones: IRC regular in days past, still pops in now and again.

e: It's also worth noting that Tyrion himself is often in the IRC, too.

THE CONSPIRACY IS EVIDENT.

The only "IRC plot" I can think of offhand is your own Attorney General bizarrely scheming to overthrow your own Secretary of External Affairs - something, I'll note, which was largely undone by myself and Bacon King contacting Nix (I think BK contacted you) with the details. Is there something else?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies